• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

The Adder

Banned
Working on an aggro rogue build.

Backstab x2
Preparation x2
Cold Blood x1
Leper Gnome x2
Pit Snake x2
Sir Finley x1
Eviscerate x2
Sap x2
Defias Ringleader x2
Undercity Valiant x2
Ogre Brute x2
SI:7 Agent x2
Ancient Shade x2
Fel Reaver x2
Shado-Pan Rider x2
Sprint x2

Any suggestions. Valiant could probably do with replacing, and I know I'm slowing my aggression with the Sap and Backstabs, but I need SOME way of dealing with taunt.

Kornflayx

This Priest, man. Double Entomb, double Mind Control, double Cabal. Can't win with my own cards? Just steal all the good cards from my opponent. I hate being on the wrong side of that equation

Dragner

This Priest, man. Double Entomb, double Mind Control, double Cabal. Can't win with my own cards? Just steal all the good cards from my opponent. I hate being on the wrong side of that equation

Double mind control? That card is terrible right now. That greedy priest should suffer against paladins and super aggro decks with that high mana curve. Most priest steal cards but this dude was dedicated to it for sure.

Haunted

WHY IS ZOO BACK?
Zoo never left.

But I hear Dark Peddler was a real good fit for Zoo to play more consistently on curve.

Double mind control? That card is terrible right now. That greedy priest should suffer against paladins and super aggro decks with that high mana curve. Most priest steal cards but this dude was dedicated to it for sure.
Knowing that that priest will lose against aggro is hardly a consolation after you've lost your only control vs control matchup in 10 games. :p

Dragner

Ugh. 4 to 5 to 2 to 4. Ladder so damn finicky.

Now is about how many curve gods you find on your way. Yesterday i fed a midrange paladin 2 games in a row that killed me super fast with perfect curve with loatheb both times on 5 juggler + muster,shredder on 4 and boom followed by tyrion both games. Not a lot you can do.

Kalavaras

Banned
How the fuck does this keep happening. For the majority of 2015 Ive enjoyed my PS4 and all of a sudden I find myself burning money like a motherfucker to Hots and HS.

The climbing from 25 to 12 was hilarious though. You get the "Im playing for the first time" decks, the "I built my first shitty deck" and the people like me who are back from a break and wallet full of dosh. Now its getting more repetitive with the meta decks but well Im having good time so what the heck.

Can you recommend me a fun deck to try next? Ive mostly played Renolock and freeze mage which is still amazing. Ive tried that shitty reynad cancer shaman, entomb priest and some aggro druid but they didnt really click. I feel like trying out some tempo mage but I feel like mage is the one I always go to when Im looking for new decks.

Oh, I also tried secret pally. Holy shit its boring. Never again.

Xanathus

How the fuck does this keep happening. For the majority of 2015 Ive enjoyed my PS4 and all of a sudden I find myself burning money like a motherfucker to Hots and HS.

The climbing from 25 to 12 was hilarious though. You get the "Im playing for the first time" decks, the "I built my first shitty deck" and the people like me who are back from a break and wallet full of dosh. Now its getting more repetitive with the meta decks but well Im having good time so what the heck.

Can you recommend me a fun deck to try next? Ive mostly played Renolock and freeze mage which is still amazing. Ive tried that shitty reynad cancer shaman, entomb priest and some aggro druid but they didnt really click. I feel like trying out some tempo mage but I feel like mage is the one I always go to when Im looking for new decks.

Combo Murlocdin is great. I'm still trying to figure out a good deck list for it, it's either one close to standard midrange Paladin which is more consistent but doesn't really win with Anyfin, or a draw heavy one which relies on using both Anyfins.

Dragner

Im using the combo oriented one but not using hammer of wrath or loot hoarder and playing sone midrange cards(belcher,keeper of uldama) and trying to fit a harrison in there too.

cHinzo

Trying to finish my hunter quest. Get matched up with Freeze Mages, fcking double Ice Blocks.

bjaelke

How are you feeling about Rogue?

Have you ever made a gimmick deck that worked way better than you expected? I went from 14 to 8 without losing a single game with this, then I lost, and reverted back to 11 lol, but it was more than I hoped anyway.

[
b0lAZtf.png

i played silence druid to rank 5 this month, i used deathlords/zombies/darnassus aspirant/watcher/statute... and people say you cant have fun on ladder!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Lyng

Whats the joke I dont get it.

Not really a joke.

Blizzard are quiet vocal when it comes to decks that can do 30+ damage in one turn. (miracle, patron, old giant warrior)
All these got nerfed.

Yet they decide to give Paladin a combo deck that can do it.

The paladin class has the top 2 decks atm and the combodeck is also up there.
And on top of that its the best class in arena by far.

Dragner

Not really a joke.

Blizzard are quiet vocal when it comes to decks that can do 30+ damage in one turn. (miracle, patron, old giant warrior)
All these got nerfed.

Yet they decide to give Paladin a combo deck that can do it.

The paladin class has the top 2 decks atm and the combodeck is also up there.
And on top of that its the best class in arena by far.

Oh ok I thought you were questioning if the deck was combo.

And yeah you have a point but is a 10 mana card. If 10 mana cards cant win the game on the spot dont know what can. Also you are required to play terrible cards in your deck to enable it. I think is fair. Also is only otk after the second anyfin. The first one isnt enough usually.

This deck is way worse and less powerfull than patron warrior but I agree that paladin didnt need this. Probably was better as a shaman card.

Tarazet

Working on an aggro rogue build.

Backstab x2
Preparation x2
Cold Blood x1
Leper Gnome x2
Pit Snake x2
Sir Finley x1
Eviscerate x2
Sap x2
Defias Ringleader x2
Undercity Valiant x2
Ogre Brute x2
SI:7 Agent x2
Ancient Shade x2
Fel Reaver x2
Shado-Pan Rider x2
Sprint x2

Any suggestions. Valiant could probably do with replacing, and I know I'm slowing my aggression with the Sap and Backstabs, but I need SOME way of dealing with taunt.

Sir Finley limits your options, since there are so many great Rogue cards that buff their weapons. You lose reliable access to Deadly Poison and Blade Flurry, and so you give up a lot of your ability to command the board.
My opinion is 1x Sap (as an alternative to an owl) and 2x Backstab are fine. Valiant isn't amazing. I also like Ogre Brute, because how much of a problem is it if he misses? There are a lot of other cards in this list that would not always pull their weight though.

Preparation (only useful as a combo piece, or with Sprint which I don't like in aggro)
Sprint (adds a turn to the game)
Pit Snake (not enough impact)
Shado-Pan Rider (weak base statline, too much competition for combo pieces)
Fel Reaver (backfires hard when played turn 5+)

Replacements? A second Cold Blood, more of the standard aggro minions.. like Abusive Sergeant, Argent Horserider, and I would include Piloted Shredder, Defender of Argus. Rogue hasn't gotten new minions to help the aggro archetype in a long time, except maybe Goblin Auto-Barber.

ViviOggi

Entire fucking ladder is Paladin and Druid scum once again. Fuck this piece of shit game and what it has become. Not worth a single second of anyone's time.

meowtapes

Neo Member
The people he talks trash on more than deserve to have trash talked about them.

I had to laugh at "the constructed game". My cat knows everything there is to know about the four decks you see and she is very casual.

There really isn't a lot going on that you haven't seen before. "This druid is trying to draw a combo piece!" Isn't rocket science.

I disagree, that's a toxic attitude that makes for toxic games. He trash talks people when he plays arena, as if everyone is supposed to be the best hearthstone player ever. Everyone starts somewhere.

Lupercal

Banned
What's up with all these gimmicky decks these days, played 10 ranked game, 6 paladins with the obv deck and 4 rogues with this drawpower deck.

All long games but all winnable but man my will to play is done for the rest of the week.

Owzers

i've lowered my goal to rank 10 each month after hitting 5 the last two, it's too aggravating feeling like i have to get to 5. I'm thinking of crafting a Sylvanas or Malganis for my renolock deck, not sure which. Can't afford both if i want to craft two FoN and two ancient lores to make a druid.

Cipherr

The people he talks trash on more than deserve to have trash talked about them.

I have been watching Kripp stream for years, and certainly since the start of Hearth. And this is dead wrong. Dude shits on what are CLEARLY new players to the game on the regular.

I don't mind it personally, but it's crazy to deny it. Its that typical jackass gamer attitude that leads to voice chat being terrible in most online games.

embalm

i've lowered my goal to rank 10 each month after hitting 5 the last two, it's too aggravating feeling like i have to get to 5. I'm thinking of crafting a Sylvanas or Malganis for my renolock deck, not sure which. Can't afford both if i want to craft two FoN and two ancient lores to make a druid.
Sylvanus is the right choice for sure. She fits in multiple deck types and is a great card for any deck that needs a solid 6 drop.

Malganis is not only class specific he is deck specific. You usually have to include void callers and other demons to make him work.

Tacitus_

That feel when you play against a mech mage and their shredder drops a mechwarper

and your flamewaker misses their natural mechwarper 4 times

meowtapes

Neo Member
I got an Iron Juggernaut in a pack the other day. I'm trying to decide if I want to disenchant it because I don't really play warrior but I'm not sure what I would even want to craft if I did. Maybe a Prophet Velen.

meowtapes

Neo Member
Why Velen?

I used to want him for my Dragon Priest but now I've switched to entomb priest which I wouldn't really use him for. Dunno, just one of the last few legendaries I want. Now that I think about it I'd probably do Archmage Antonidas since I play mage the second most next to priest.

I used to want him for my Dragon Priest but now I've switched to entomb priest which I wouldn't really use him for. Dunno, just one of the last few legendaries I want. Now that I think about it I'd probably do Archmage Antonidas since I play mage the second most next to priest.

That'd probably be better. Antonidas actually has uses and gets played.

Phreaker

So was that Christmas card back really only available for 4 days during the last brawl? If so, I have a friend that will likely be fuming when he sees me use it. :)

Line_HTX

How about I complete a quest for once?

I'm stuck on Rogue victory with one more to go and this Brawl still hasn't given me anything for more than 5 straight matches.

Top Bottom