• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Mulgrok

at 7 wins I just barely lost to a warlock that played 6 dark peddlers. #justbrawlthings

edit: and that was only 14 cards into his deck

Warxard

Banned
Should I buy the first Explorers wing or the second Naxxramas set? Is Reno a genuinely viable Legendary compared to Loatheb?

I really want the second wing for Unearthed....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
On the third day of winterveil, blizzard gave to me

FYt812S.png

a golden windfury harpy!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Should I buy the first Explorers wing or the second Naxxramas set? Is Reno a genuinely viable Legendary compared to Loatheb?

I really want the second wing for Unearthed....

Loatheb and Sledge Belcher are must haves. Both work in basically every midrange or control deck, as long as the meta is right for them. Loatheb in magic/combo matchups and sludge when the opponent doesn't have a silence or is freeze mage.

Reno defines his own archetype, which is a really cool archetype, but it's still not nearly as flexible.

Since Sludge Belcher/Loatheb is in most good Reno decks, but Reno is definitely not in most Sludge Belcher/Loatheb Decks, I'd definitely go with the naxx set.

Dragner

I think Im done with the game for a while, sick of paladins, I play more that 50% Paladin at high ranks, and, if you dont play paladin you are playing a paladin counter that is usually an hyper agressive deck as shaman or hunter, I only played against 1 non agro deck last 2 days (freeze mage), and thats not the meta I love, So my 2 options are tank my MMR till I play something different or quit till next season, so thats what im doing. Its not that you cant counter paladin, is that is boring as hell play against the same deck over and over and over.

ViviOggi

I think Im done with the game for a while, sick of paladins, I play more that 50% Paladin at high ranks, and, if you dont play paladin you are playing a paladin counter that is usually an hyper agressive deck as shaman or hunter, I only played against 1 non agro deck last 2 days (freeze mage), and thats not the meta I love, So my 2 options are tank my MMR till I play something different or quit till next season, so thats what im doing. Its not that you cant counter paladin, is that is boring as hell play against the same deck over and over and over.
If I could reliably counter Paladin I wouldn't mind it too much as that's already 50% winrate right there. Throw in a reasonable matchup against Druid and you own the ladder. The problem is at best you get like a 60/40 matchup (and I'm not even sure of that). There simply is no consistent way to beat the perfect curve available to Paladin and whether they fuck you up with MC, Anyfin or midrange bombs doesn't actually matter after that.

Lyng

Yup. Which is why paladin needs a massive nerf. Or even better change the stupid ranking system.

The hidden quests feel like pittances.

100 wins, any mode - 300g
1000 wins, any mode - 300g. What?

Collect every basic card - 100g
Collect every classic card - 100g. Huh??????

I am liking the looks of tomb pillager in oil rogue. I still actually need to unlock the last wing. Sucks that I bought packs in a momentary delusion thinking I had unlocked every wing so far. Only set me back like 100-200g, but I haven't been playing much the last couple weeks due to an ARK binge.

Haunted

The hidden quests feel like pittances.

100 wins, any mode - 300g
1000 wins, any mode - 300g. What?

Collect every basic card - 100g
Collect every classic card - 100g. Huh??????
If a player is that dedicated, they'd continue to do their thing with or without reward. You don't need a carrot to lead a hungry horse to the trough. Someone who's already so obsessively OCD as to collect every single card in the first set won't stop because of a shit reward (or no reward).

bunbun777

I still need Hogger, Malygos and Deathwing. But i do disenchant all my regulars that i have gold versions for. Will it still account for me having them at one time?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I still need Hogger, Malygos and Deathwing. But i do disenchant all my regulars that i have gold versions for. Will it still account for me having them at one time?

Yes. I know because I do the same thing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I didn't even know they had a hidden quest for that. 100 gold is hilarious.

maybe this?

elr80FH.png

might make people think twice about their loathebs/mysterious challengers/piloted shredders/etc

This is a neat idea but would be disgusting in druid with innervate, especially since it can keep proccing each turn. It would shut out just about any class since 5hp can't be removed easily.

ZealousD

Kripp is right. You can get a surprising number of wins with the 30 legendary deck these days. Reno actually gives you a legitimate shot against aggro now. And it still crushes midrange Druid like it always did.

ZealousD

A few more expansions and 30 leg decks will be pretty legit lol

What it needs are more legendaries with solid stats in the 4 and 2 slots, plus better board clear or taunt legendaries. The deck still runs weaker cards like Nat Pagle, Thalnos, and Ole Murk Eye just to have stuff to play on curve in the early turns. And Geddon and Hogger aren't quite enough to counter aggro in the late game.

gutshot

Hit rank 5 in a season for the first time since they instituted the ranked rewards. Give me some a dat sweet sweet dust, Blizz!

Did almost the whole climb with egg Druid, only switching to midrange for a bit when egg Druid was the top deck on HearthPwn and seemingly everyone was prepared for it. Otherwise, the deck has been really solid. Have a nearly 65% win rate with it. Definitely feels better than a Tier 4 deck or whatever TempoStorm rated it as.

Eddie Bax

Got a mage down to 2 life, ice block triggers. Their next turn, they drop Reno and heal to full, then a taunt minion and a string of emotes.

I play around them all; three turns later the Mage is dead. Possibly my most satisfying win ever.

Mulgrok

Got a mage down to 2 life, ice block triggers. Their next turn, they drop Reno and heal to full, then a taunt minion and a string of emotes.

I play around them all; three turns later the Mage is dead. Possibly my most satisfying win ever.

Good, kill it with fire.

Is there anything more consistent ever in hearthstone than secret paladin and midrange paladin? Playing control priest it feels like such a different game, as I am always feel like I am on the back foot. Always looking to draw an answer to whatever the other guy is playing. If I don't draw my answer in time I am simply dead.

Zoolock is/was pretty consistent back in the day. I think it would still do alright now but RenoLock might be better. I'm not sure though.

Man, remember when everyone complained about Zoolock? Those were the days.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Back then decks weren't consistent enough, so Life Tap was huge for smoothing out the curve.

Now every gap is getting plugged, Life Tap doesn't even matter anymore.

Started playing Control Warrior again for fun and running into a lot of these control Priests and man, a lot of players greatly overvalue card draw, especially in control matchups and ESPECIALLY vs. Control Warrior.

I have Priests drawing like 4 cards with Northshire, Acolyte and Pyromancer on the board and later in the game playing an Acolyte when they have like 8 cards left and it's hilarious. These decks are running Elise too so it's not like these are even dead cards...

Tacitus_

Zoolock is/was pretty consistent back in the day. I think it would still do alright now but RenoLock might be better. I'm not sure though.

Man, remember when everyone complained about Zoolock? Those were the days.

Zoo is still pretty consistent. Unless you have my luck and start with all your end game threats in hand.

Dahbomb

maybe this?

elr80FH.png

might make people think twice about their loathebs/mysterious challengers/piloted shredders/etc
This counters slower decks far more than aggressive/tempo decks.

Aggressive decks can just play some garbage plus some other card. Control decks already struggle to play one card at a time.

Isn't that good though? For a while I thought it was Warlock on top because of Life Tap and they had a wide range of decks as proof. Always thought they dominated the ladder for a while way back when.

Zoo is still pretty consistent. Unless you have my luck and start with all your end game threats in hand.
Two Soul Fires, two Doomguards, and Loatheb?

Started playing Control Warrior again for fun and running into a lot of these control Priests and man, a lot of players greatly overvalue card draw, especially in control matchups and ESPECIALLY vs. Control Warrior.

I have Priests drawing like 4 cards with Northshire, Acolyte and Pyromancer on the board and later in the game playing an Acolyte when they have like 8 cards left and it's hilarious. These decks are running Elise too so it's not like these are even dead cards...

Which is why I think Dragon Priest is actually a little stronger right now - it's more aggressive than the typical control priest and fares better vs. something like warrior. Still generally get rekt by Rogue, Freeze Mage, and sometimes Druid though. The typical Control Priest is a little better for the Freeze Mage but still at a disadvantage and slightly worse than Dragon vs. Druid. Standard Control Priest might also fare slightly better vs. Renolock too with the potential to burst for up to 24 in one turn. Killing their Jaraxxus outright. But Dragon isn't bad in that matchup necessarily.

ZealousD

Back then decks weren't consistent enough, so Life Tap was huge for smoothing out the curve.

People just can't bother with drawing cards as much anymore. It used to be that every deck really needed some sort of card draw. But midrange decks have pretty much cut card draw entirely and now it's just the very aggressive and combo oriented decks that need draw.

Dahbomb

Card draw is anti tempo.

Ain't no one got time for that. Only exception are cards that also put up a reasonable body like Conjuror or Drake.

The other forms of card draws are broken crap like Divine Favor that specifically counter control decks.

Mulgrok

That desperation ethereal conjurer getting me mirror image + playing effigy for the chance of another 0/2 taunt to keep me in the game. Dude was confused wtf I was doing and misplayed so that I could come back and win!

EDIT: put me at 8-0 so far this arena run. Way better than my usual :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Isn't that good though? For a while I thought it was Warlock on top because of Life Tap and they had a wide range of decks as proof. Always thought they dominated the ladder for a while way back when.

I guess you could say that this is one way to "nerf" Life Tap.

Mirimar

Hit rank 5 in a season for the first time since they instituted the ranked rewards. Give me some a dat sweet sweet dust, Blizz!

Did almost the whole climb with egg Druid, only switching to midrange for a bit when egg Druid was the top deck on HearthPwn and seemingly everyone was prepared for it. Otherwise, the deck has been really solid. Have a nearly 65% win rate with it. Definitely feels better than a Tier 4 deck or whatever TempoStorm rated it as.

Are you playing the deck straight up or did you make tech additions?

Top Bottom