• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Fixed1979

So played and won 3 matches.
deathrattle hunter
murloc shaman
battlecry priest (dragon variation)

Not sure on spells...the obvious is Warrior but armor isn't going to do shit when you get overwhelmed so quickly.

Deathrattle definitely seems ot be the way to go. Then again the guy I faced chose when you cast a spell gain 3 armor as a Warrior. Didn't help him much.

Fixed1979

Deathrattle definitely seems ot be the way to go. Then again the guy I faced chose when you cast a spell gain 3 armor as a Warrior. Didn't help him much.

yeah, tried a warrior deck against death rattle hunter.

Lots of weapons and spells, got him down to 7 cards left in his deck but I was just holding on the whole game, I think there's a way to make it work...

EDIT: Couple minor deck changes and picked up a warrior win against a deathreattle mage...had like 12 armor on turn 3. They conceded on turn 7 with me at 29 health and 18 armor.

Deathrattle seems to be the way to go right now but Freeze Mage will probably dominate this later. Just put in Hounds for the murloc at the end of round decks.

Dahbomb

I dominated with Token Murloc Druid. Just put in a few Murlocs in there but the rest was standard Token stuff. Since you pretty much always have a minion on board you can rely more on buffs and stuff like Savage Roar and Soul of Forest. The Murloc synergy doesn't matter as much as the extra body.

I think this is a pretty cool Brawl though even if eventually someone will find the best deck and it will get spammed.

Just won 5 straight with Dragon Priest with the battlecry buff. Had a few mechs tossed in and a few spells for some protection. It seemed pretty legit. Did my tavern brawl quest and my priest quest at the same time.

The only match I had some minor trouble with was a mage using the spell/armor buff.
Mana Wyrm > coin > mirror image and then sorcerer and another mirror image on turn 2. A whole lot of bullshit to get through. He made the mistake of not quickly killing off the twilight whelp.

manhack

That feeling when you have molten giant and Reno Jackson in hand when a shaman lava bursts your face on turn 3.

The elements will destroy me indeed.

Just beat a Battlecry Priest as a Spell Hunter. Granted, I only won because he got a Doomsayer out of a Piloted Shredder, but it was still pretty great.

Portugeezer

Hunter with 3 armour for spells... lmao, with Explorers hat, snake trap, unleash hounds, chuck in a couple hyenas... you get the picture.

Having some fun with a Silent Priest deck I put together. Not sure how consistent it is but its alot more fun than the net decks I have been running trying to survive ladder.

Silence x 2
Northshire Cleric x 2
Zombie chow x 2
Shadow Word: Pain x 2
Ancient Watcher x 2
Ironbeak Owl x 2
Shadow Word: Death x 2
Thoughtsteal x 2
Dark Cultist x 2
Deathlord x 2
Eerie Statue x 2
Wailing Soul x 2
Holy Nova x 2
Emperor Thaurissan
Dr. Boom
Ragnos the Firelord
Molten Giant

Emperor doesn't really fit due to lack of cards by the time I drop it. I'm thinking about replacing it with a Defender of Argus...putting 1 in the deck may not make it as consistent but it will help against aggro. Azure Drake or Shredder aren't bad considering I need help at the 4 slot. Maybe an Excavated Evil to help clear the board? Fel Reaver might actually be the most interesting play especially with so many silence cards in the deck. FR would be a strong early play and to silence it off the bat won't cause too much heartache.

HearthGaf, any thoughts?

Pooya

So I decided to play secret paladin for a little, might as well exploit it like everyone else is before a probable nerf right. Mirror match after mirror match, and I just won everyone lmao. I'm so good at this deck. Kappa. Almost done with ladder for the month. This was quick. Maybe try an easy legend with it, I don't think it will ever be easier than this. I never had an easier time beating secret paladin than now with secret paladin itself, turns out thse secret paly players have a hard time beating mirror. Outside experience helps a lot I guess LOL.

Tried Freeze Mage (with Malygos) for the brawl.

Works pretty well.... even more stalling. Even more armor!

So I decided to play secret paladin for a little, might as well exploit it like everyone else is before a probable nerf right. Mirror match after mirror match, and I just won everyone lmao. I'm so good at this deck. Kappa. Almost done with ladder for the month. This was quick. Maybe try an easy legend with it, I don't think it will ever be easier than this. I never had an easier time beating secret paladin than now with secret paladin itself, turns out thse secret paly players have a hard time beating mirror. Outside experience helps a lot I guess LOL.

Whoever goes first should win 80% of the time. The 20% of losing is either really bad draw or a really bad misplay.

Mulgrok

Buff paladin actually works in this brawl, because I don't need to include healing minions. 3 armor per buff is more than enough to keep me alive until I pull off bullshit djinni combos.

Ridli

I hope this brawl is an indicator of permanent auras in the future. The 1/1 counters is boring, but triggers on all spells cast and constant effects at end of turn? I like it.

Dahbomb

That's because playing against Secret Paladin is much harder than playing as Secret Paladin. If both players get sort of off curve cards then the better player tends to win because the worse player will make bad plays against Secrets.

Also I am still liking this Brawl a lot. IMO the free Murloc ability is the best because of the way HS works but it's a good all around concept.

Yep. I'm done for a while. Need to take a week or two break to clear my head.

game 1 - secret paladin
game 2 - freeze mage
game 3 - secret paladin
game 4 - secret paladin
game 5 - freeze mage

Sigh.

Dahbomb

A lot of people using Deathrattle Hunter in this and I am not sure it's even that good. It gets out tempoed by everything. People will just ignore your Deathrattle minions and go face with more minions.

A lot of people using Deathrattle Hunter in this and I am not sure it's even that good. It gets out tempoed by everything. People will just ignore your Deathrattle minions and go face with more minions.

I played deathrattle Hunter in the brawl, but that was the strategy I employed. Get out those Leper Gnomes, Frogs, Spiders and Scientists and just go face. Using the deathrattle buff just as a means to get more stats on the board for cheap.

Dahbomb

It sounds good on paper and that's exactly what I ran the first time I played in Brawl. It's just that other people seem to be playing even faster stuff now.

I don't know, I feel like we haven't reached the end game yet with the Brawl yet. Which tells me that this is the best one they have made in a while.

Tried a few games on my f2p accounts and I haven't lost to a single deathrattle hunter yet (tried freeze mage (armor), and battle cry (2 heal bots and guardian of kings just in case), but haven't even needed either. Heal bot kind of saved me one game but beside that just tempo battle cry.

Aldor pretty beast too. 4-4 and reduce their shit to 1 attack. LOL

Threw in Death Wing, Onxyia, and Boom too but haven't even needed it. Just won by turn 4-6 every game.

Aiite 9-0 with battle cry vs deathrattle I think that's a decent enough sample size.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

If you want to go for a deathrattle deck, go for Druid. Aspirant + Mounted Raptor.

Xanathus

Freeze Mage generally rules this brawl unless you face a Tempo Mage that picks spell armor because of all the armor they can gain, but Tempo Mage likely loses to all of the other brawl deck types.

ZealousD

So many murlocs in this brawl that I put a Hungry Crab in my murloc deck for the mirror.

Up against this rogue, and he goes for battlecry. Kind of thinking I might not get to use the Crab in my opening hand.

He plays Turn 1 Finley.

rofl

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah deathrattle druid worked well for me. 3/4 chow, 3/4 aspirant, 4/3 raptor, 5/4 shredder, 4/6 belcher...on top of standard druid stuff such as swipes to wipe the 1/1 trash off the field.

My brawl packs have been on point too.

d4avmv7.png

Cabal is my absolute favorite gold animation so I'm extremely happy to see that.

jgminto

Wow I wasn't expecting Soul of the Forest to buff non-Deathrattle minions on board for this brawl, that's a pretty crazy interaction

Dahbomb

Wow I wasn't expecting Soul of the Forest to buff non-Deathrattle minions on board for this brawl, that's a pretty crazy interaction
Stuff like Raptor gets buffed too. I wouldn't be surprised if Explorer's Hat double buffed.

The text says your Deathrattle minions have +1/+1 not Deathrattle minions you play have the buff. So if you get a Deathrattle minion off of Shredder it gets buffed. Or if something gains Deathrattle it gets the buff too.

Because of many interactions with the mechanic, it makes it a very dominant mechanic.

ZealousD

Stuff like Raptor gets buffed too. I wouldn't be surprised if Explorer's Hat double buffed.

Saw a shaman play Ancestral Spirit on a Nerubian Egg and it didn't double buff it to a 2/4. The egg that popped out was 1/3, though.

I had a few Murlocs on the board, opponent emotes "thanks" and then plays some of his own murlocs that get buffed by mine....

Little did he know that I had Old Murk-Eye in my hand lol

Dahbomb

Saw a shaman play Ancestral Spirit on a Nerubian Egg and it didn't double buff it to a 2/4. The egg that popped out was 1/3, though.
It doesn't double buff.

Explorer's Hat should give you +2/+2 on non DR minions. You put it on Animal Companion it gets +2/+2, if you put it on Leper Gnome it still gives +1/+1 because the Gnome should already have the +1/+1.

Top Bottom