• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Tarazet

So many murlocs in this brawl that I put a Hungry Crab in my murloc deck for the mirror.

Up against this rogue, and he goes for battlecry. Kind of thinking I might not get to use the Crab in my opening hand.

He plays Turn 1 Finley.

rofl

That would almost be worth trying on ladder now. Maybe in a Reno deck that has plenty of space for fun tech cards. Bonus: kills Murloc Knight.

Having some fun with a Silent Priest deck I put together. Not sure how consistent it is but its alot more fun than the net decks I have been running trying to survive ladder.

Silence x 2
Northshire Cleric x 2
Zombie chow x 2
Shadow Word: Pain x 2
Ancient Watcher x 2
Ironbeak Owl x 2
Shadow Word: Death x 2
Thoughtsteal x 2
Dark Cultist x 2
Deathlord x 2
Eerie Statue x 2
Wailing Soul x 2
Holy Nova x 2
Emperor Thaurissan
Dr. Boom
Ragnos the Firelord
Molten Giant

Emperor doesn't really fit due to lack of cards by the time I drop it. I'm thinking about replacing it with a Defender of Argus...putting 1 in the deck may not make it as consistent but it will help against aggro. Azure Drake or Shredder aren't bad considering I need help at the 4 slot. Maybe an Excavated Evil to help clear the board? Fel Reaver might actually be the most interesting play especially with so many silence cards in the deck. FR would be a strong early play and to silence it off the bat won't cause too much heartache.

HearthGaf, any thoughts?

Update: played this through most of the night on ladder. Won exactly 50% of my games. Fel Weaver ended up being a complete disaster. Molton Giant was getting no productive play as well. When I would lose it was because the other side was able to swarm enough minions and eventually overwhelm me. (This does not include the random poor mulligan). Eventually I removed those 2 cards and replaced them with entombe. This, along with holy nova is giving me enough to get back control of the match. After I put in the entombes I went on a decent run 3 wins and 1 loss.

Seems the weakest is against mages. Average against warlocks. Strongest against secret pally and mid-range Druid.

I like the deck. Curious if anyone else wants to put it through its paces to see if it's really just complete shit and I'm holding on too long because it's the first unique deck I've felt inspired to create.

It has potential. But that's just me.

Just a guess, but for your silent Priest deck, you might want to fit in more burn damage. Other decks that have run GEL Reaver before, like Mages and Shaman, have spells like Fireball and Lavaburst to finish off opponents. If that sounds like fun to you, I'd say drop your high end cards for Fel Reaver and Mind Blasts and cards like it. Granted both of those classes have way more burn spells than Priest foes so it might still not work out so well. Sadly, Priests need Auchenai Soulpriest to really put the pressure out and you'd be screwed if one got burned by the Reaver.

However, if you're having fun with a more control style deck, I'd say check out Kibbler's Golden Monkey Priest. Not to just play that but because you can look over cards he uses and it might give you some cool ideas. Keep up the good work!

Ladekabel

Played the brawl with Tempo Mage against another Tempo Mage. Thought I could choose my bonus every turn so I choose summoning a Murloc turn 1. Was a little bit surprised when the selection screen didn't show up turn 2. But whatever. Won my first game thanks to the steady stream of 1/1s. Pack was kinda crap though. Seems like the days of awesome Brawl Packs are gone for me.

Haunted

Control Priest has some fun burst potential. I suddenly burst down an opponent for 14 with Auchenai + Flash Heal, Justicar'd hero power and a Zombie Chow on board yesterday.

Haunted

I'm 5-0 with my own Murlocadin in this Brawl.

Contemplating to stop because I don't want to ruin this feeling.

Maybe I'll just retire that deck and try some fun with Control Warrior.

cHinzo

Damn all these turn 3 wins with Murloc Shaman in this Brawl! Had a Rogue down to 15 HP at turn 2 lol and the only thing he could play was a Haunted Creeper. :^). Also had two of those win 5 games with Shaman quests lol, perfect timing.

Using this standard Murloc deck:
dUFuWNZ.png

Sande

Few things are as infuriating as facing batshit crazy decks at 1-2 or 0-2 in arena. I like arena but sometimes I wanna throw my laptop through the window.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just started playing. I tried a freeze mage deck and I do significantly worse as I have to save certain cards until i get 3-4 specific ones to do a combo. These are cards I could normally play, so even if I'm lucky enough to get the 3-4 cards I need for the combo, I need to win on that turn or I'm usually fucked. And i rarely am lucky enough to get all the cards I need before dying.

I don't get it.

Kunohara

Whenever the game is pissing me off, I just go to my old trusty druid deck, and win some games with him. I just played a golden priest where he was ahead the whole game basically. Turn 9 he drops a deathlord and pyro. He clears my shredder and belcher with holy nova and smite the next turn. I have a slime and a 3/2 on the board. I swipe his deathlord and pyro, clear his board and mine in the process, and out pops a druid of the claw. He plays light of the naruu on himself and heals himself bringing him up to 29 health. FoN SR Innervate SR kills him with only my one minion on the board. I felt bad for the guy because he was a priest. If he were a paladin, I would have quite enjoyed the victory.

Van Cleef and Gorehowl (my 2nd one) from my Brawl pack. Best Brawl pack I've ever had by far.

Also, Shamurloc seems great in this Brawl. Won my first game easily against a spell Mage.

I've played like 5 games today and the amount of times my opponent has top decked a card to either win or stay in the game is in the double digits already.

bjaelke

Van Cleef and Gorehowl (my 2nd one) from my Brawl pack. Best Brawl pack I've ever had by far.

Also, Shamurloc seems great in this Brawl. Won my first game easily against a spell Mage.

My first 4 packs were all similar to that. Maybe that's why I initially enjoyed Brawl so much. Now it's just 40 dust or a card back.

ViviOggi

I just had to choose between hunter, priest and warlock. Managed to draft a pretty crazy beast hunter.
Yup that's pretty much the hammer right there. These three classes got rekt the worst by TGT/LoE, think I would have gone with Warlock for Dank Peddler.

Hunter and Warlock are close though while it's so unlikely to draft a decent Priest with the hypertempo focus nowadays, you just can't take the board against the ridiculous average minion quality without PW:S and Velen's, and the card pool has been diluted way too much to get those consistently. In a vacuum Entomb, Excavated Evil and Museum Curator are all good to great cards, but they kick in too late unless you managed to draft a super high quality curve.

gutshot

I know some people were talking about the card Naga Sea Witch and were interested about it. Day9 made a druid deck with it yesterday and I figured I'd show it because of that. A highlight is getting Dr. Boom out on turn four, ouch.

I tried a deck like this and just found the Naga Sea Witch to be really awkward to play. Playing it on any turn before turn 10+ really restricts what you can do on the following turns. I wish it said your minions cost 5, but then I guess it would be OP.

br3wnor

Finally got my first legendary from a Brawl pack:

kLufSZE.png

I don't have a lot of legendaries left that I want and Deathwing is always one I never would waste resources on crafting but always wanted to play around with. He kinda sucks but now all I have left is Nozdormu and Chillmaw to have all the legendary Dragons.

After playing my friend who's really into this a bunch I've finally think I'm starting to get a handle on the game (at least one class). Managed to beat him a few times with my Mage deck too. Just got a pack full of tight cards too, some dragon legendary that has good cost/attack/health and brings down the enemy hero to 15 health. Might be clutch.

Was there scheduled maintenance again today? Haven't been able to get on in awhile.

No, I think the servers are just down.

After playing my friend who's really into this a bunch I've finally think I'm starting to get a handle on the game (at least one class). Managed to beat him a few times with my Mage deck too. Just got a pack full of tight cards too, some dragon legendary that has good cost/attack/health and brings down the enemy hero to 15 health. Might be clutch.

Alexstrasza? She's a bit situational but still one of the higher tier legendaries in the game. That's a nice pull.

Szadek

Got a Golden Velen from the brawl booster.
Yeah, I will keep that. Hopefully OTK priest gets playable in the next expansion.

Currently I'm playing my selfmade Reno druid deck. I really like this deck, although I'm pretty sure it's worse than a normal druid deck.

I tried a deck like this and just found the Naga Sea Witch to be really awkward to play. Playing it on any turn before turn 10+ really restricts what you can do on the following turns. I wish it said your minions cost 5, but then I guess it would be OP.
Yeah, that turn 4 Dr. Boom was the dream play and it only happened once in that whole series. Pretty funny how he makes an extremely greedy ramp Druid then says it'd be better without the Sea Witches, hah.

I feel like it wouldn't be too terrible in another deck like that with a lot of big threats because you either get something huge out early or your opponent blows removal on it. You're right though, it's hard to take advantage of the card when you're limited to playing only one card a turn.

What do you all do with your gold? Do you horde it until new Adventures come out? Do you spend it immediately on card packs or maybe you save up 150 and do arena?

I usually save up the 150 but I am a terrible arena player so its probably better I just buy the packs outright.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I would seriously consider shoving Thrall up my asshole with this expansion. The fact that shaman became what it has become is disgusting in every way, shape and form.

What do you all do with your gold? Do you horde it until new Adventures come out? Do you spend it immediately on card packs or maybe you save up 150 and do arena?

I usually save up the 150 but I am a terrible arena player so its probably better I just buy the packs outright.

Play arena, get enough money to buy new adventures.

You just have to make gold in arena runs.

bjaelke

Keep 3k in the bank and spend the rest on packs/arena.

I really can't believe Void Caller was a card that was actually made. It's pretty dumbfounding how Blizzard didn't look at it and think "wait, what the hell are we doing here?"

Dahbomb

I really can't believe Void Caller was a card that was actually made. It's pretty dumbfounding how Blizzard didn't look at it and think "wait, what the hell are we doing here?"
These are the same guys that made Mysterious Challenger.

When they want to push a theme, they go for broke.

Tagyhag

Man, those arena runs where you think you have a pretty good deck, and then you face 3 12-win decks in a row. It's so demoralizing.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

These are the same guys that made Mysterious Challenger.

When they want to push a theme, they go for broke.

They're also some of the most MTG-esque cards in the game.

Void Caller is basically the Hearthstone version of discarding huge creatures into your graveyard and then suctioning them onto the board for cheap.

Mysterious Challenger doesn't have a direct match, but Wild Pair and Protean Hulk let you extract a lot of deck thinning and value out of a deck that's already running a strong curve.

Mind, MTG has a lot of control mechanics to help deal with these types of scenarios that you tend to only see with Control Priest in Hearthstone.

Sande

Man, those arena runs where you think you have a pretty good deck, and then you face 3 12-win decks in a row. It's so demoralizing.
Tell me about it. It's almost like they lose a couple of matches on purpose so they can crush people's dreams.

JustinBB7

For those that know him, Lothar is ok:

Jakub Szygulski @LotharHS

Im in the hospital, I will have some test done. Im overwhelmed by the good wishes, i wasnt aware so many people care. I will update later <3

Jakub Szygulski @LotharHS

And yes im aware that I lost that game ;)

I watched it happen live and it looked pretty scary, glad he's fine, such a nice guy.

JustinBB7

What happened?

Not sure yet, but when it happened he said he was having illusions, then suddenly his eyes went weird, whole body went stiff and he fell over still holding his mouse, all muscles stiff. And made weird noises (heavy breathing) on the ground. Luckily his wife came in and called 911 straight away.

Stroke or some kind of seizure I suppose.

Triz

Against a mage in Arena, I have Paladin. Turn 4 he plays Guerrilla bot and turn 5 he plays fel reaver he pulled from that drop. I play three cards to burn 9 from his deck. One of those cards is Kel Thuzad. Turn 6 he plays Justicar. Game ended up with him dying of fatigue with lethal on the board, when he had ice block and I was able to bust through it thanks to me top decking Abusive Sargent. I don't think he realized fatigue would kill him next turn as he kept spamming "Sorry" after the ice block popped.

Something satisfying about beating an Arena deck with two great legendaries in it.

Not sure yet, but when it happened he said he was having illusions, then suddenly his eyes went weird, whole body went stiff and he fell over still holding his mouse, all muscles stiff. And made weird noises (heavy breathing) on the ground. Luckily his wife came in and called 911 straight away.

Stroke or some kind of seizure I suppose.

Sounds like a stroke or seizure to me, yeah. I'm guessing the recording of that will make its way onto YouTube eventually. Actually, to be honest, it might prove useful for his doctors to better diagnose him.

JustinBB7

He's 25. There are videos on oddshot/youtube but his team is removing them as much as they can. Think you can find them though.

Top Bottom