• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Tacitus_

The blade says it's a battlecry so it's a battlecry. Ironforge Rifleman and Stormpike Commando are also battlecries. Nothing inconsistent here?
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage. Combo: Deal 2 instead.
You could read it like only the deal 1 dmg part is a battlecry with the combo working like SI Agent. Though that would be super weird.

Oh, my mistake then, thought they just said deal damage. Guess I don't see them often enough.

A far simpler explanation :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You could read it like only the deal 1 dmg part is a battlecry with the combo working like SI Agent. Though that would be super weird.

The "instead" implies that the combo is part of the original battlecry.

Malice215

I wish Blizzard would get the fuck on the ball and nerf Paladin already.

I'm tired of the 6 month buffer between nerfs.

This is what I hate in the way Blizzard treats this game.

They wait forever to nerf something that has a clear consensus in deserving a nerf and change nothing else. Because of how heavy handed they handle nerfs, people just run to whatever the next highest deck on the tier list is.

On top of waiting forever to make a change, they'll release cards that are just as deserving of a nerf. Who thought it was okay to release a 6/6 Mad Scientist with a battlecry? How long have people been asking for a Dr. Boom nerf?

As for me, I just pick a top tier since I can't control what Blizzard decides to do.

sibarraz

Banned
How will people nerf paladin? at least everyone has different complains about it.

At least the only caard worth a nerf is MC, all the other card class are fine, unless you wan to see paladin being shit tier like it was 1 year ago

Dahbomb

At this point I am not sure I even want a Dr Balanced nerf anymore.

Mostly because the card has become such a meme that it's essentially a reverse Magma Rager. It's something that unites the community and sparks discussion.

Fuck now I gave Ben Brode another out when he makes his next design video.

Haunted

Losing to Paladins all day in casual. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I gave in to the dark side. Made a Secret Paladin. Won 4 out of 5. Deleted deck as it's no fun to play.

I'd rather lose with Control Warrior and Control Priest than win with Secret Paladin.

control 4 lyfe

Dahbomb

Losing to Paladins all day in casual. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I gave in to the dark side. Made a Secret Paladin. Won 4 out of 5. Deleted deck as it's no fun to play.

I'd rather lose with Control Warrior and Control Priest than win with Secret Paladin.

control 4 lyfe
You are part of the problem man!

People like you ruin Blizzard's statistics!

Owzers

hunter, shaman , hunter. Aggro aggro, and me sticking with paladin? I think it's time to migrate. Probably still lose.

immediately play a warlock vs warlock now.

six game losing streak, maybe i'm just terrible. It's all been heavy aggro, even the rogue i played against was throw everything on the board mech, aggro paladin divine favoring after using two abusive sergents vs warlock.

crafted my druid pieces, if i'm going to lose i'll lose with new things.

How will people nerf paladin? at least everyone has different complains about it.

At least the only caard worth a nerf is MC, all the other card class are fine, unless you wan to see paladin being shit tier like it was 1 year ago

Divine favour needs to cost one more mana. We'll see how things go from there. To me this is the only paladin card that is an issue. The rest can be countered if people care to do so.

As soon as they nerf MC, people will flood back to Eboladin and it'll be worse.

Man, really feel like I've hit a wall lately with this game.

Before, I could feel myself getting better with each match, albeit incrementally. Watching streamers and pro players hasn't helped as much as I thought it might have :(

Mulgrok

Just went up against a crazy discover fatigue Mage deck. No burn spells, only board clears. He ended up dying to fatigue after playing 45 cards. One of the most boring games ever. freeze my stuff, draw cards, heal draw cards, freeze draw cards, taunt, draw cards... must be a masochist

Owzers

hearthstone rewarded my awful losing streak with an Eldric the Pure. Hadn't gotten a legendary in awhile, so that's definitely....one? After losing four or five aggro matches in a row i am starting to understand why people hate aggro.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man, really feel like I've hit a wall lately with this game.

Before, I could feel myself getting better with each match, albeit incrementally. Watching streamers and pro players hasn't helped as much as I thought it might have :(

i used to feel that way too.......then i crafted dr boom
EleGiggle.png
You just gotta keep at it, what rank are you hitting a wall? i used to always get stuck at rank 15 but today i almost always hit rank 5.

Ugh, just lost to a Malygos Freeze Mage. Was pretty gross. Stalled until he had Maly + Frostbolt x2 + Ice Lance x2 in hand, then dropped Emperor. Burst for over 30 on 10 mana. Only had one card left in the deck, but still. Disgusting.

sibarraz

Banned
ok, I faced a murlocadin with priest, he had double pyro + equality, and double anyfin. I defeated him with him dying of fatigue and only had 1 card. I guess it was another card to draw

I entombed his old eye murk eye and this made that he could never get lethal.

been playing this mix of dragon control w/ fibonacci's cw list. Seems alright but idk if it actually works against aggro or zoo decks. Since Im in the dumpster ranks can't really tell. 2 executes in there as well
I run chillmaw as a ghetto baron geddon + dragon synergy and obviously it isnt super great b/c of silence

Does anyone use Eldric the Pure? Renopaladin...murloc.....
Not really. He's basically a terrible Lightbomb in that he deals with the board but doesn't remove anything. I could see him combo'ing with Enter the Arena but that's two long turns of doing nothing.

No idea if Renoadin is a thing but I could see him getting use in it since it could stop you from dying.

i used to feel that way too.......then i crafted dr boom
EleGiggle.png
You just gotta keep at it, what rank are you hitting a wall? i used to always get stuck at rank 15 but today i almost always hit rank 5.

Rank 18

I'll win a few matches, then go on a losing streak that takes me back down.

Frustrating as hell.

cHinzo

ok, I faced a murlocadin with priest, he had double pyro + equality, and double anyfin. I defeated him with him dying of fatigue and only had 1 card. I guess it was another card to draw

I entombed his old eye murk eye and this made that he could never get lethal.
Yeah as a Murloc Paladin against a priest u just want ur murlocs to die the turn it's been played. :d big mistake of that guy.

Tarazet

If I face one more Mage when I'm trying to play Warrior, I'm going to scream. Just about the most frustrating thing ever to have a hand full of weapons and two Water Elementals on the board.

Kawl_USC

Secret keeper, coin secret. Into secret secret. Which of course are the perfect get down, avenge, redemption, into cog hammer landing on the 7/7 secret keeper turn three.

Fun and interactive.

Dahbomb

Secret keeper, coin secret. Into secret secret. Which of course are the perfect get down, avenge, redemption, into cog hammer landing on the 7/7 secret keeper turn three.

Fun and interactive.
That's the very definition of interactive. The guy is playing cards on every turn and on every mana crystal.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Rank 18

Frustrating as hell.

Yeah i do that too a lot, if i loose 3 times in a row i tend to quit for awhile because i get tilted heavily, try it. What deck are you using? I'm currently using tempo mage and is working ok even in this meta. My advice is to take each match a time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I love his classical music.

Kibler is the classiest Hearthstoner.

Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler is one of the most informative and entertaining streamers.
I used to dislike him... Shame on me. Love that guy now lol

Kawl_USC

That's the very definition of interactive. The guy is playing cards on every turn and on every mana crystal.

Yea I know. I am just being salty as hell at the perfect start. He also of course has MC for turn 6 though the game was over easily by that point.

Sorry.

Rank 18

Frustrating as hell.

I wouldnt say it's deck advantage but probably still wrong decisions even if you think you arent making any. You need to be able to know what the opponent could play and how your play interacts with it. Like sometimes it isnt right to throw down a creature when a weapon will clear it easily. You could also be mulliganning wrong based on what your facing

Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler is one of the most informative and entertaining streamers.
I used to dislike him... Shame on me. Love that guy now lol

I like watching kibler on youtube, not so much on twitch anymore. I feel like a lot of his stream is just him getting annoyed at twitch asking him the same questions or trolling him

bjaelke

206.gif

Who runs this in 2016? Absolutely caught me off guard. So many Secret Paladins on ladder, but they all run the same bunch of secrets so you get accustomed to it. Maybe a bit too much. Ended up killing myself.

ViviOggi

I wouldnt say it's deck advantage but probably still wrong decisions even if you think you arent making any. You need to be able to know what the opponent could play and how your play interacts with it. Like sometimes it isnt right to throw down a creature when a weapon will clear it easily. You could also be mulliganning wrong based on what your facing
Yeah, the game is in a fucking terrible place and you get fucked over by curve gods way too often, but if you're playing a reasonable deck and are stuck in double digit ranks your piloting simply isn't up there yet.

206.gif

Who runs this in 2016? Absolutely caught me off guard. So many Secret Paladins on ladder, but they all run the same bunch of secrets so you get accustomed to it. Maybe a bit too much. Ended up killing myself.
Running a weird tech card people don't expect is the diff between being a netdecking dweeb and being a digital card game master of coolness my friend

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well, all this murlocadin discussion made me actually try one

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/406528-spark-anyfin-mrrgglrglr-loe-legend-eu

So far I'm 6-3 on rank 14, I like this deck because more than a combo looks for a midrange consistency, is entertaining to play, though some times anyfin willn't give you the combination needed to win, or even save you from death

That's why the version I run cuts almost all the murlocs that aren't needed for the Big damage burst. Murloc Knight is ANTI-SYNERGY with the OTK and combo style of the deck. MK will give you a bunch of random murlocs that you don't want. The point of the deck is to just have as few murlocs as possible (becuase 90%+ of them are horrible) and as many great paladin cards as possible (because Minibot and Uldaman are OP).

The downside of the OTK deck is that it will absolutely lose to a smart priest player with Entomb. Entombing the warleaders and/or Murk-eye and then never playing them, will probably lead to a loss unless the deck can somehow tempo the priest out before 10 mana. The deck otherwise is pretty versatile, but needs more refinement. I'm betting the Anyfin deck will show up pretty big in the pro scene eventually.

That's why the version I run cuts almost all the murlocs that aren't needed for the Big damage burst. Murloc Knight is ANTI-SYNERGY with the OTK and combo style of the deck. MK will give you a bunch of random murlocs that you don't want. The point of the deck is to just have as few murlocs as possible (becuase 90%+ of them are horrible) and as many great paladin cards as possible (because Minibot and Uldaman are OP).

The downside of the OTK deck is that it will absolutely lose to a smart priest player with Entomb. Entombing the warleaders and/or Murk-eye and then never playing them, will probably lead to a loss unless the deck can somehow tempo the priest out before 10 mana. The deck otherwise is pretty versatile, but needs more refinement. I'm betting the Anyfin deck will show up pretty big in the pro scene eventually.
I enjoy thought stealing an Anyfin or two. That's always fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Help

So enemy puts down Stallag and Feugen

I silence (with owl) one of them, then Brawl. My owl wins but Thaddius still get spawned.

Why?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Help

I silence (with owl) one of them, then Brawl. My owl wins but Thaddius still get spawned.

Why?

The deathrattle only specifies that the other one died during the game. It doesn't matter if that one was silenced or not.

You want to kill one of them, and then silence the second one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The deathrattle only specifies that the other one died during the game. It doesn't matter if that one was silenced or not.

You want to kill one of them, and then silence the second one.

wow thanks

Help

Why?

If you hadn't silenced one of them, then he would've spawned two Thaddiuses. It's kind of weird, but if they die at the same time to a board clear, then both of their deathrattles will see that the other has died and each will spawn a Thaddius. I lost a game one time because I traded a minion and then Consecrated rather than Consecrating and then trading the minion. I had BGH ready to go, but he can only handle one Thaddius.

ViviOggi

It's pretty funny seeing how few players get the twins' interactions right since they've never seen play outside of that one maniac rocking Reincarnate Shaman. Playing Renolock I've had my first one silenced to no effect whatsoever more than once.

Pooya

I've got two friend request for double Thaddius, they weren't raging actually just didn't know, like woah.

game process events in phases.

Roughly it goes like this;

1- battlecry

2- secrets this is why kezan works on mirror entity or say fire elemental on mad scientist gets copied.

3- taking damage. -> You've probably noticed that armorsmith still works if it dies to aoe BUT

4- death.-> Cultmaster doesn't, because deaths register after taking damage.

5- deathrattles. -> deathrattles then look who has died last phase, in case of Thaddius summoning you get two then.

Now the last part is that every phase is sorted in itself by the order every minion or secrets were played. I'm sure you have seen weird avenge and redemption interactions that avenge can go on a redeemed minion for example or how duplicate works etc. When a death rattle minion summons something, that summon's position is refreshed. this helps with Sylvanas interactions.

peakish

Just recently started playing this. I'm having pretty fun, reached rank 17 last season and would have this too by now if I hadn't selected Casual by accident before the last game, lol. It's currently like a pretty fun puzzle game, with random elements which I try not to take too seriously atm.

Current favorite card is Auchenai Soulpriest.

And damn it, last game I made two stupid damn mistakes like healing the opponents minion instead of my yeti and killing of a unit by not thinking my targeting through, lol. So bad. Still managed to win, luckily! Thanks to the opponent going for my face~

sibarraz

Banned
I know that I'm against the flow, but I hate THAT much variety. I prefered when there where only like 9 know archetypes played because at least I was capable of learning more the matchups.

In the other hand, is cool to see that much variety because it give us a lot of funny combinations

Top Bottom