• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Ugh, I also got a five brawl daily.

Me too. Anyone would think someone's trying to force people in this brawl... luckily I could re-roll it for a daily I could actually finish.

EDIT: The quest I got was "Paladin Dominance" so I used the secret deck on that LiquidHearth site. Jesus wept, played 5 won 5. Most matches were won on turn 7. Those buffed Nerubian Egg's are doing the Light's work.

Mulgrok

My paladin buff deck is too slow with all the aggro decks killing me by turn 5... even though 75% of my deck is 3 or less mana. Unless I get perfect draw and RNG, then i wipe all their stuff and kill them by turn 5 at the same time.

Mulgrok

5th arena run in a row where I had poor draft against people with god decks or god draws. Guess my luck from the past few weeks has run out.

Fishlake

Me too. Anyone would think someone's trying to force people in this brawl... luckily I could re-roll it for a daily I could actually finish.

EDIT: The quest I got was "Paladin Dominance" so I used the secret deck on that LiquidHearth site. Jesus wept, played 5 won 5. Most matches were won on turn 7. Those buffed Nerubian Egg's are doing the Light's work.

This brawl is actually very easy to win after 2 wins. Everyone knows what they are doing so no one plays badly. I love these co-opp brawls :3 I did my total dominance quest in it. Lost 1 time during the entire thing.

I was running Gladbow in midrange Hunter for a bit. It can definitely come in handy. A lot of people don't expect you equip a weapon and hit em in the face for 5 which did give me lethal quite a few times. Also great for clearing a Belcher or Thaurissan and the like.

Would they though? The card is still very expensive at 7 mana. I would much rather just have a single Gorehowl.

Yeah I guess so, Gorehowl would be more useful. By the point you would have to use either you'd want enough armor it wouldn't matter much to block the 3 dmg from a belcher

You know, I like Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler of Brian Kibler Gaming, but I feel like he's gotten more... Amaz-like over the past few months. Does anyone else feel that way? I start to feel guilty clicking on his YouTube clips because his thumbnails have literally turned into reaction-shot pics. It just feels dirty to support that. I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but just dammit Brian, go back to being a little more chill that's all I ask.

You know, I like Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler of Brian Kibler Gaming, but I feel like he's gotten more... Amaz-like over the past few months. Does anyone else feel that way? I start to feel guilty clicking on his YouTube clips because his thumbnails have literally turned into reaction-shot pics. It just feels dirty to support that. I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but just dammit Brian, go back to being a little more chill that's all I ask.

His thumbnails are so goofy

Video name - How can we possibly lose?

Things in thumbnail - Shocked face, Golden Monkey, Jaraxxus

gee, i wonder

Mulgrok

Kibler is as far from Amaz as I can imagine. Thank goodness, becaue he is the hero we deserve. :p

Reaper is just an overall better card for Warrior. If you're running a more aggressive deck it comes out two turn earlier and if you're running a more control-ish deck, Warrior's have armor to pile up.

Longbow would be a great card for Hunter if that deck type existed for the class. They actually have some really cool control-ish cards too. It's just way easier and more efficient to run Face or Midrange Hunter.

Gladiator's Longbow is a great card though with it being a 5 damage weapon and letting you trade without taking face damage.

Owzers

never got more than 5ish wins before in arena, currently am 11-2, was sooooooooooo close to winning the last game but they pulled off exact lethal wtih a charge and poison
weapon.

12 wins! Reward...Druid of the Claw and Lightning Storm.....and a 40 dust pack. Well that took the fun out of victory.

Zoggy

you know what bothers me?

medivh shoots purple fireblasts (which is cool) but his hero power has the original lame yellow fireball

the fuck is that?

Haunted

His thumbnails are so goofy

Video name - How can we possibly lose?

Things in thumbnail - Shocked face, Golden Monkey, Jaraxxus

gee, i wonder
I brought this up a couple weeks back, it's still the same content and the same Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler of Brian Kibler Gaming we know and love but the Youtuber reaction style thumbnails have been turning me off as well.

TomServo

You have an imp and an egg on board. Face hunter with one trap up stops SMOrc'ing you briefly to clear the imp.

What's your next turn? How about double power overwhelming on the egg, into freezing trap, concede?

My apologies. Well, not really. I pretty much telegraphed what trap I had.

Ladekabel

Got the Tavern Brawl quest. I like this brawl but there are too many people out there who pla it stupid. So I did a few games with Patron Warrior. Beat a few Aggro Shamans.

Everybodyone! Get in here!

Zoggy

i'm so stupid i just realized how to counter reno, i did it in my last game.

get the warlock down to under 10 he reno's up.

i play alexstraza and bring him back down to 15, while i still have boom on board.

concede.

Haunted

Heroic Skelesaurus is kicking my fucking ass.

Anyone have any ideas aside from the Mill Rogue/Freeze Mage decks I'm seeing online? I'm shit at playing Rogue and don't have an ice block which seems like a necessity.

Dre

Heroic Skelesaurus is kicking my fucking ass.

Anyone have any ideas aside from the Mill Rogue/Freeze Mage decks I'm seeing online? I'm shit at playing Rogue and don't have an ice block which seems like a necessity.

Ice Block is nice but not a necessity. Kel'Thuzad is more important as due to a bug he will never attack you if you have a taunt up alongside of him.
So basically turn 8 Kel + Target Dummy wins you the game, Ice Block helps to survive until then, but it is still possible without it.

Haunted

Ice Block is nice but not a necessity. Kel'Thuzad is more important as due to a bug he will never attack you if you have a taunt up alongside of him.
So basically turn 8 Kel + Target Dummy wins you the game, Ice Block helps to survive until then, but it is still possible without it.
Gotcha, maybe I'll just have to get a bit more lucky with his hero power in the early turns.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So "Hearthstone Science" is going HAM on everybody that says battlecries resolve before the minion enters play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0BisR_SfY

He basically explains that the source of confusion is that effects like secrets occur in an After Play phase that occurs after the death processing of the Battlecry phase. He's probably right about this, especially once you consider the Leeroy + Knife Juggler interaction. But one of my problems with the video is that he mentions Sword of Justice as occurring in the after play phase, but he doesn't explain why it buffs the battlecry-summoned minions first over the main body. That still doesn't seem to line up.

Tarazet

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was lookign for an interesting deck to complete a priest quest and came across this

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/415731-ultimate-control-priest-75-winrate

I was skeptical, next to no minions, all removal, a bit trolly I thought

10-0 and its absolutely hilarious, it decimates control matchups, frustrates the hell out of most aggro and other than combo druid seems to be solid to great against everything.

Its probably the most fun build ive played yet.

Eddie Bax

Playing more tavern brawl this morning, and it's a complete 180 from yesterday - people actually seem like they have a clue today and I've been enjoying it much more.

This is cool. Can you mention any of the keywords you guys threw out back in alpha/beta? That part of the article is interesting to me.
Burn was a pretty bad one. If you dealt damage and you had "Burn", the defender would start "Burning", which meant they would take 1 damage at the start of your turns from then on. Really only good if you burned the enemy hero once - mostly it was irrelevant. There were a lot of others, but some might come back some day!

Eyyy, more aggro options yo lol

Tagyhag

This 1-2 dude in Arena pulled out a Kel'Thuzad, how the fuck did he end up there?

Needless to say, I ragequit when it brought back his board.

Mulgrok

I must be playing secret Paladin wrong, because I have to spend a lot of time planning out my turns. Been doing extremely well versus control by timing the use of secrets, especially repentance and redemption. I won't mulligan away repentance because it is sooo handy to mess with turns where a taunt or big threat will be played.

Sande

So "Hearthstone Science" is going HAM on everybody that says battlecries resolve before the minion enters play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0BisR_SfY

He basically explains that the source of confusion is that effects like secrets occur in an After Play phase that occurs after the death processing of the Battlecry phase. He's probably right about this, especially once you consider the Leeroy + Knife Juggler interaction. But one of my problems with the video is that he mentions Sword of Justice as occurring in the after play phase, but he doesn't explain why it buffs the battlecry-summoned minions first over the main body. That still doesn't seem to line up.
So cards like mirror entity, sacred trial and sword of justice are pretty much just broken then. Cool.

Well, they still follow the internal logic, but the logic is even more convoluted and backwards than it seemed.

Mulgrok

So cards like mirror entity, sacred trial and sword of justice are pretty much just broken then. Cool.

Well, they still follow the internal logic, but the logic is even more convoluted and backwards than it seemed.

The logic is fine, but the labeling in their text descriptions is incorrect. There are still quite a few cards (mostly classic) that need their text updated for consistency. Blizzard's excuse of "confusing players" for not updating all kinds of stuff needs to die in a fire already.

Pooya

Ancient of War is awful now, keeper of uldaman killed it. It doesn't work against face shaman anyway, you die before then. I have the worst luck playing midrange druid, some time you curve out stupid and just roll over opponents. next game you just die to stupid random trash mages.

That noxious video is kinda on point, keeper and entomb have made it even harder than before to play anything big. Previously it was just sap/bgh.

Ancient of War is awful now, keeper of uldaman killed it. It doesn't work against face shaman anyway, you die before then. I have the worst luck playing midrange druid, some time you curve out stupid and just roll over opponents. next game you just die to stupid random trash mages.

That noxious video is kinda on point, keeper and entomb have made it even harder than before to play anything big. Previously it was just sap/bgh.

yea. Like im playing malylock and I have to ensure I somehow have made the priest waste both entombs before plopping down malygos otherwise I'll just never win

ViviOggi

I hate Keeper so much, Paladin didn't need another fucking card you can throw into every single deck. It's so ridiculously versatile no matter the archetype, no matter if you're aggro, midrange or control you'll always have to deal with something big or pump up garbage you've got lying around, and of course it hits the 3/4 sweet spot which is pretty much the maximum for a 4-drop with top tier text. Unless you're playing OTK you don't have to save it as removal since, with Paladin's god curve, buffing a token puts you ahead so far that there's no single drop that could scare you anyway. And obviously it's a common to fuck up arena players too.

Mulgrok

How did Kripp make a 26 minute long video about Paladin dominance in arena when it could be cut down to "bullshit class cards with common rarity"

I wasn't paying attention to who my opponets were in arena yesterday and I guess I faced Kripp at 5-2 in arena, because after the game I lost to him I quit for the night and turned on his stream to see his rogue deck that beat me easily (I had shit draw at the start). he proceeded to get smashed by a mage I think, and got all salty about it. I guess what goes around comes around. :p

EDIT: maybe it was the day before yesterday... I need to get out more. :p

EmiPrime

Playing more tavern brawl this morning, and it's a complete 180 from yesterday - people actually seem like they have a clue today and I've been enjoying it much more.

I got matched with some prick who thought it was really funny to kill my minions with spells. Left as soon as he did it the second time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I really like Keeper of Uldaman as a card and it makes a lot of sense why its in Paladin based on how it works, it's just that Paladin didn't need another really strong card in the 4 slot.

Keeper of Uldaman is a better version of a neutral legendary card that was nerfed (Overspark) but now its a class card and a common

Makes sense to me!!1!!1

Top Bottom