• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Have fun with it, I hit the 100 gold cap really fast with it. The last game I played with it turn one I was Alexed to 15 and still won. The sticky minions, heals, buffs, and card draw just kept coming.

Random screen shot from a game during that run. The mage ran his bomb bots into mine both went face and avenge went off on Dr. 1 lol he quit right after that

Yea worked out for me won my first match and now I'm done with this brawl. I added Alex/Rag into your list and rest kept the same. I think I removed the lay on hands cause I didn't think it would ever get to 8 and it didn't. Won on like 4-5 on a concede.

rukland

Yea worked out for me won my first match and now I'm done with this brawl. I added Alex/Rag into your list and rest kept the same. I think I removed the lay on hands cause I didn't think it would ever get to 8 and it didn't. Won on like 4-5 on a concede.

Yeah the lay on Hands got played maybe in 2 games. But I kept because it's such a swingy card in this brawl if the game goes that long. And lol I lost track of the number of concedes I saw the early game pressure I was able to put out is silly.

If you're playing in the brawl and don't have hobgoblin, you're doing it wrong.

TFW stormwind champion is suddenly a poor man's hobgoblin. Gotta love Anub'arak finally seeing play too. These brawls are why I never dust gimmicky non-competitive legendaries.

Still a poor man's dreadsteed though lol

Just tried a game as Druid. Held every card in my hand didn't do shit but hero power. Wait until the fill the board. Swipe>innervate>innervate fill my board (stormwind/Hobgoblin) etc... >Savage Roar next turn.

K bye.

Come on guys it's rank 15, why so many top tier decks :(

Edit: Got to rank 14 anyway, I'm really happy with my deck after I dusted the Golden epic to craft some useful cards(mana wyrm, azure Drake, unstable, flamecannon). Ladder is super weird at this rank though, matches are either really easy or extremely difficult.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Malygos/Velen priest is kinda funny in this brawl. You throw in every draw card plus Brann and Chromaggus and draw a whole bunch of crap. I actually managed to get 3 Facelesses and put them on a Velen with Holy Fire for lethal. Didn't even need Malygos, lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This brawl is not friendly to F2P players, but its a ton of fun. Not the best, but top 5 IMO.

I ended up playing another control warrior to fatigue. The guy had 6 weapons and that dude who gives you a 2/2, along with Whirlwind, Revenge, and 2 brawls. Was fun.

I didn't realize that Varian Wrynn was a true card draw, I thought it pulled directly from the deck. Oh well.

Dahbomb

Alright I warmed up to the Brawl. But I still don't see anything beating Freeze Mage in this. Stuff like Rhonin, the 1 damage board clears, Antonidas, Flamewaker, Echo, Sorc App, Alex, Malygos is just too good.

And yeah this Brawl is harsh on new players. Very few basic/cheap cards are actually good in this. Though stuff like Elven Archer, Ironforge Rifleman, Frostwolf Giant, Stormwind Champion are underrated in this.

Dahbomb

Punished for not playing the cheap stuff.

That Miracle Rogue combo was insane though, I legit did not see that lethal coming.

This brawl is not friendly to F2P players, but its a ton of fun. Not the best, but top 5 IMO.

I ended up playing another control warrior to fatigue. The guy had 6 weapons and that dude who gives you a 2/2, along with Whirlwind, Revenge, and 2 brawls. Was fun.

I didn't realize that Varian Wrynn was a true card draw, I thought it pulled directly from the deck. Oh well.

You can build up a really strong collection without buying packs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright I warmed up to the Brawl. But I still don't see anything beating Freeze Mage in this. Stuff like Rhonin, the 1 damage board clears, Antonidas, Flamewaker, Echo, Sorc App, Alex, Malygos is just too good.

And yeah this Brawl is harsh on new players. Very few basic/cheap cards are actually good in this. Though stuff like Elven Archer, Ironforge Rifleman, Frostwolf Giant, Stormwind Champion are underrated in this.
Well Kraken is better then Ironforge, which is better then Elven. Most of my decks had 2 Kraken and 2 Ironforges in them.

Grand Crusader is a pretty good card in the Brawl, though I kept just getting Lights Justice. Its great for the Brawl, but I wanted Tirion.

I think the best part of the brawl is legitimately seeing what the other guy comes up with. Some of my losses were downright hilarious. Bummed rushed by Everyfin Murloc Shaman, had a Priest do 40 damage to me turn 5, got beat down by Dreedsteed Warlock. And some of the concede I got were silly, made a Druid concede turn 3 just by playing and then killing my Sylvanis to steal his Wobbling Runts.

Alex is far too good in the brawl though.

Dragner

Im hoping this Amaz tourney and this NDA agreement between blizzard and streamers means formats are coming. Cant wait for classic to rotate out even if midrange druid and hadlock are my pet decks. I would sacrifice both to stop hearing "get down!!" Ever again.

manhack

Im hoping this Amaz tourney and this NDA agreement between blizzard and streamers means formats are coming. Cant wait for classic to rotate out even if midrange druid and hadlock are my pet decks. I would sacrifice both to stop hearing "get down!!" Ever again.

Got to admit I haven't seen all that many handlocks these days.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Edit: Got to rank 14 anyway, I'm really happy with my deck after I dusted the Golden epic to craft some useful cards(mana wyrm, azure Drake, unstable, flamecannon). Ladder is super weird at this rank though, matches are either really easy or extremely difficult.

People need to realize even F2P players have had time to rack of the up the cards. Gone see the days of only the top players have stacked decks. Everyone has Dr Boom, Sylvanas, Tririon ect... now.

Haunted

I think that's just the state of the game, the top 25% of players (which is what rank 15 represents) have mostly competent netdecks with legendaries in them.

I think the difference between the Top 25% starting at Rank 15 and the Top 2.5% (Rank 5 to Legend) aren't the decks, but the pilots.

edit: and those are old numbers, by now there's probably an even higher percentage of players with competent decks out there

Dahbomb

Well Kraken is better then Ironforge, which is better then Elven. Most of my decks had 2 Kraken and 2 Ironforges in them.

Grand Crusader is a pretty good card in the Brawl, though I kept just getting Lights Justice. Its great for the Brawl, but I wanted Tirion.

I think the best part of the brawl is legitimately seeing what the other guy comes up with. Some of my losses were downright hilarious. Bummed rushed by Everyfin Murloc Shaman, had a Priest do 40 damage to me turn 5, got beat down by Dreedsteed Warlock. And some of the concede I got were silly, made a Druid concede turn 3 just by playing and then killing my Sylvanis to steal his Wobbling Runts.

Alex is far too good in the brawl though.
Some people don't have Kraken, it's not a basic card.

Miletius

Double auctioneer Spellpower priest is what I used to win the brawl. Cycle, control the board with cheap removal and then win using Velen/Maly/Mindblast/Other Spellpower.

Dragner

I have every relevant card in the game and play 0 kraken. And still have to lose a game in this brawl. Games are not even close.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think that's just the state of the game, the top 25% of players (which is what rank 15 represents) have mostly competent netdecks with legendaries in them.

I think the difference between the Top 25% starting at Rank 15 and the Top 2.5% (Rank 5 to Legend) aren't the decks, but the pilots.

edit: and those are old numbers, by now there's probably an even higher percentage of players with competent decks out there

It's also stupid that there are 25 ranks, but the player base isn't distributed throughout. Like 80% of the user base is 16-25. Even if you factor out inactive players that's still terrible.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

I'm wrecking with Brannadin.

Apathy

Lol I just got the "play 20 minions over 5" quest today, so I decided to take it to the brawl since everything cost 1, which btw works in case anyone didn't know like me. I picked 2 roaring torches and 2 flamestrikes from my mage, then everything else was random 5+ cards, I didn't even care what they had what their battlecry was and still with the basic card deck. It was the most stupid deck I think I ever made, went 1-1 before the quest was done. I was really surprised.

gutshot

Playing against a Tempo Mage, it's turn 12 and I've already seen 1 Fireball and 1 Frostbolt. She's got three cards in hand and one was created by Conjurer. Only way I die is if she has both her last Fireball and Frostbolt and some type of burn spell from Conjurer. Oh wait, that's exactly what she has. Fireball, Frostbolt, Fireball. GG.

This fucking game sometimes, man.

ViviOggi

Playing against a Tempo Mage, it's turn 12 and I've already seen 1 Fireball and 1 Frostbolt. She's got three cards in hand and one was created by Conjurer. Only way I die is if she has both her last Fireball and Frostbolt and some type of burn spell from Conjurer. Oh wait, that's exactly what she has. Fireball, Frostbolt, Fireball. GG.

This fucking game sometimes, man.
Tempo Mage has become even more obnoxious with Conjurer, apart from another rng roll you can't really starve them of cards anymore, or at least I can't. They always topdick Drake into Drake into Conjurer into perfect spell.

gutshot

Tempo Mage has become even more obnoxious with Conjurer, apart from another rng roll you can't really starve them of cards anymore, or at least I can't. They always topdick Drake into Drake into Conjurer into perfect spell.

Yeah, it's annoying. And they somehow always seem to have both of their Fireballs and Frostbolts in the first half of their deck.

Wow I had no idea I was already in the top 25% somehow, makes a lot of sense. And I wasn't claiming that everyone is P2W but lamenting the fact that most people that still play the game have played for way longer than I have and thus have way more cards.

It's okay though, I basically have tempo mage up and running sans some cards like Dr. Boom(got Antonidas as a lucky drop though so that should help a lot).

Fireblend

Banned
Wow I had no idea I was already in the top 25% somehow, makes a lot of sense. And I wasn't claiming that everyone is P2W but lamenting the fact that most people that still play the game have played for way longer than I have and thus have way more cards.

It's okay though, I basically have tempo mage up and running sans some cards like Dr. Boom(got Antonidas as a lucky drop though so that should help a lot).

I've been playing since like June last year and tempo mage is also my most reliable deck (funnily enough, I also got lucky and got Antonidas from a pack somewhat early on). I don't think I've ever made it past rank 13 or so, grinding the ladder just isn't for me :p but yeah, I think when people get past a certain threshold one or two months in, getting to much better ranks than I have in these 8 months or so isn't that difficult.

Top Bottom