• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Made what I thought was going to be a complete gimmick deck - 'Elemental Shaman' with as much RP cards as possible. Played 10 games, only lost 1! Here is the deck, definitely recommend trying it out it's super fun especially if you end the game with all 3 Elemental Lords on the field :)

elementalf5pif.jpg

Could probably make a couple tweaks but want to maintain the use of Elementals for sure.

Xanathus

Made what I thought was going to be a complete gimmick deck - 'Elemental Shaman' with as much RP cards as possible. Played 10 games, only lost 1! Here is the deck, definitely recommend trying it out it's super fun especially if you end the game with all 3 Elemental Lords on the field :)

Could probably make a couple tweaks but want to maintain the use of Elementals for sure.
You're running so many 1-offs that you probably should just make it a Reno deck and replace the duplicate cards.

accel

It was going so well for me with the arenas, it felt great to be immediately in the black right from the start of an account (as in, above 3-3, not talking about infinite). Yesterday I noticed the doc listing streamer arena stats, and I couldn't help but note that my stats aren't that much lower. It was so great...

...and then I got crushed by a 2-3 run.

Damn.

ViviOggi

It was going so well for me with the arenas, it felt great to be immediately in the black right from the start of an account (as in, above 3-3, not talking about infinite). Yesterday I noticed the doc listing streamer arena stats, and I couldn't help but note that my stats aren't that much lower. It was so great...

...and then I got crushed by a 2-3 run.

Damn.
Back in TGT I had a better w/l than ADWCTA for quite some time but take those stats with a huge grain of salt. The sniperonis are real and streamers tend to pick all classes, let polls decide, occasionally make fun drafts to entertain the viewers etc. - when tryharding off-stream their results are much better.

accel

Back in TGT I had a better w/l than ADWCTA for quite some time but take those stats with a huge grain of salt. The sniperonis are real and streamers tend to pick all classes, let polls decide, occasionally make fun drafts to entertain the viewers etc. - when tryharding off-stream their results are much better.

Yeah, I know (and the effect from picking subpar classes is easily seen in the doc, if the streamers ignored one or two classes they'd have it better).

Plus I know where I botched one of my losses, if I didn't do it, I might have won more. The deck was utter crap (on that note, I am stopping using heartharena, looks like I have outgrown it), but I think I could have done better... so, I'll persevere. Challenge accepted, etc, let's get within .5 of Hafu. :)

gutshot

Pretty weak explanation from Ben Brode I think. If it's a battlecry, it's a battlecry. Why not make the text precise instead of this weird explanation saying it *is* a battlecry, just not a battlecry?

Added :)

Did you scroll up on that Twitter thread? Brode's first explanation is a bit better. Basically, the battlecry gives the minion the text of "at the end of this turn, copy this minion". Giving it that text twice doesn't mean it will make two copies, just like giving a minion the text of "Taunt" or "Divine Shield" twice means it has double Taunt or double Divine Shield.

And the reason Echoing Ooze has to have a Battlecry for its effect is because if it was persistent, you'd have Oozes continually spawning at the end of each turn. Which would be hilarious and awesome, but totally overpowered.

FeD.nL

Designed a warrior card for fun, tried to incorporate the character as much as possible:

You can 'use' the battlecry in fun ways because if you summon Lothar without armor he would die instantly thus equipping the weapon which allows you to hit something and build a board. So at the very worst he's going to get you 2 2/3 with taunt and a 6/6 + the ability to remove something with the 5 atk on the weapon.

The story behind the card is that the player would take on the Turalyon role of picking up the broken sword of his dead commander and rally the alliance to victory (in this case a stormwind champion and 2 goldshire footman).

Or you could just play him as a huge ass taunt if you have a lot of armor and force your opponent to have removal and ideally a silence (since that would kill him instantly and not give the weapon).

To cap it off this card also works with Varian since you would put him onto the battlefield without his battlecry (so he dies) but you would still get the weapon out of it and could built an even bigger board or hold onto it in case of a board clear.

Dahbomb

Pretty cool card, might be a bit too strong though.

The Deathrattle of the weapon is basically summon Dr Doom.

What happens if it gets summoned via Varian... it just dies?

Sande

Did you scroll up on that Twitter thread? Brode's first explanation is a bit better. Basically, the battlecry gives the minion the text of "at the end of this turn, copy this minion". Giving it that text twice doesn't mean it will make two copies, just like giving a minion the text of "Taunt" or "Divine Shield" twice means it has double Taunt or double Divine Shield.
That is sort of irrelevant though. The interaction with Brann doesn't follow the card text and that's that. They can keep explaining these things with the way they're programmed in the background (which is useless) or actually do something to fix them.

Haunted

Designed a card for fun, tried to incorporate the character as much as possible:

You can 'use' the battlecry in fun ways because if you summon Lothar without armor he would die instantly thus equipping the weapon which allows you to hit something and build a board. So at the very worst he's going to get you 2 2/3 with taunt and a 6/6 + the ability to remove something with the 5 atk on the weapon.

The story behind the card is that the player would take on the Turalyon role of picking up the broken sword of his dead commander and rally the alliance to victory (in this case a stormwind champion and 2 goldshire footman).

Or you could just play him as a huge ass taunt if you have a lot of armor and force your opponent to have removal and ideally a silence.

To cap it off this card also works with Varian since you would put him onto the battlefield without his battlecry (so he dies) but you would still get the weapon out of it and could built an even bigger board or hold onto it in case of a board clear.
Neat idea! Should probably get rid of taunt and the deathrattle on the weapon or it'd be too strong, even if situational.

gutshot

Do they have their same card text or are they vanilla 1 mana 1/1s?

Card text remains. The 1/1 effect happens after they hit the battlefield, so even tokens that spawn from Deathrattles and such, or minions that come from spells like Animal Companion, get hit with it.

Pooya

silliest brawl ever?

played Tirion on turn 1, my opponent conceded. Even a 1/1 Tirion is threatening I guess. I can only imagine turn 1 mysterious challenger.

Kunohara

Made a fatigue warrior deck for this brawl but included rafaam, nef and ysera. Beat the first guy I played, a mage. The mage summoned a thaddius, and it was a 1/1, hehe.

Moonlight

Banned
Gonna live the Paladin dream. Muster, Consecration, buffs, divine shields out of the wazoo... good time to put your faith in the light be it Constructed, Arena, or this brawl.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Would Questing Adventurer plus Master of Disguise work? Or would it knock the buffs off?

Moonlight

Banned
Yep. Paladin is preeeetty good. Kinda fun including Wild Pyromancer for the buff synergies plus absolute board clear, though maybe a bit unnecessary. Priest could be fun in that sense, too. Plus all the guaranteed Cabal steals, lol.

Might include the doctor since it's guaranteed to take out at least three things for one mana.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Probably a lot of hero powering in this Brawl too. Every class could get use out of Justicar.

Honestly expecting everybody will just play freeze mage at the end of this, though. Getting plinked by 1/1s is no threat at all, and Alexstraza's is busted here.

gutshot

Probably a lot of hero powering in this Brawl too. Every class could get use out of Justicar.

Honestly expecting everybody will just play freezs mage at the end of this, though. Getting plinked by 1/1s is no threat at all, and Alexstraza's is busted here.

Yeah, my only loss so far was to a Freeze Mage. Alex is bullshit.

Dre

Both Alexstrasza and Antonidas must be OP in this Brawl. But what do I know it's not yet available for us EU plebs.

Xanathus

Try this deck in brawl guys. You instantly win as soon as you have Antonidas, 1x Echo of Medivh, 2x Sorcerer's Apprentice. Antonidas > 2 Apprentice > Echo > 2 Apprentice > Profit.

edit: Holy shit I need to try Miracle Rogue.

Triz

warlock tavern brawl. Turn 3 alexstraza opponent. Turn four Malygos, faceless, faceless, Soulfire for 19. Instant win.

Grover

Banned
this brawl is like a guaranteed win for freeze mage?

it also unfairly helps the people with tons of legendaries like malygos and rag

just got reno'd, this is absolute bullshit, this tavern brawl is literally pay 2 win

Dinskugga

damn this game! its so damn fun and so damn annoying at the same time.

its really puts my patience to the limit.

lost five games in a row now. i really wanted to throw my ipad in the wall more or less.

FeD.nL

So that Archon/Curse tournament: the Curse Trials was just announced for feb. 17.

Team Archon Presents The Curse Trials - $30,000 Hearthstone Invitational
Team Archon and Curse have partnered up to bring to you The Curse Trials - a $30,000 Invitational Hearthstone tournament. The tournament will run from February 17th until the 19th, with games being streamed on Twitch.TV/AmazHS starting at 11 AM PST.

A special rule is active for the tournament - no classic cards allowed!
HearthPwn will have the full deck lists of all the players once the tournament is over!
Four of the sixteen participants have been announced so far, with more coming soon! Check out the announced players below.

No classic cards is interesting.

Players participating so far are:

RDU
StrifeCro
Firebat
Ostkaka

Looking forward to it since we might end up in a meta without classic cards a month later.

Top Bottom