• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Mulgrok

That shaman legendary could backfire and fill the board with mana tide totems so that you can't play any minions and mill yourself to death.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I've seen plenty of Reno decks run duplicates and have rarely seen them run into situations in which they couldn't get it off. Also Reno comes as even more of a surprise as most don't count on it if they notice you playing even one card twice.
EZ Justicar pick
Kappa.png
I have 3 dupes in my AnyFin Reno (might add Equality forth). But those times I can't get it off is shear panic. Disgustingly defensive trying to draw cards hoping and praying the next one is my last dupe. I can't tell if it shows up as me stalling, strategic healing, or abject panic.

Pooya

Got that rank 5 on EU, US left a little. Hopefully next time I play ladder is standard. I can't take this ladder anymore. To think people on bnet forums are so sad about the change and want to stay Wild. What a cesspool wild will be in a few months. Bye bye wild.

I had very good success with this druid list. one root, one aspirant, no shades, MCT and one belcher, two drakes. Performing very well against all kind of face decks. Druid, shaman, hunter, mech mage. I beat all of them in a win streak while not losing too much value against control. I do very well in mirror too, I think I only lost one due to garbage hand. Shades are very slow right now imo. Went 8-1. Easy games.

People who take an absurdly long time on early turns should be banned from playing this game. Maybe all video games.

Lifecoach to be banned!! They are trying to play right actually. Druid , patron and rogue players in particular. You have to plan at least 3 turns ahead with those classes. Not everything plays like paladin!

Haunted

Everyone thinks totems are shit until they make a card that puts a billion of them into play for free, just like Paladin secrets.

Anyfin paladin is such a shitty deck.

Playing against secret paladin is more pleasant.

I really hope they don't allow old murk-eye on standard. Anyfin will be running fucking rampant.

CoolOff

It just sunk in that we're actually gonna get a format without:

* Mad Scientist
* Shredder
* Boom
* Unstable Portal
* Muster
* Minibot

I mean, there will still be things to be salty about, but holy shit will Standard be an improvement over the current state of the game.

It just sunk in that we're actually gonna get a format without:

* Mad Scientist
* Shredder
* Boom
* Unstable Portal
* Muster
* Minibot

I mean, there will still be things to be salty about, but holy shit will Standard be an improvement over the current state of the game.
Don't forget about Sludge Belcher

God I hate Sludge Belcher.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the interview recaps posted:

Hearthpwn said:
No plans on buffing any cards during the balance pass.
The number of card changes will be more than 2 cards but less than 20.
They're looking at Druid basic cards as Druids use more basic cards than any other class.
Ideally they will change as little as possible with the nerfs so old cards stay recognizable.
The bulk of balance efforts will be dedicated to Standard.
Wild balance will likely be reactive.
They will still take a conservative approach to balance.
Wild will "have interesting new combinations of cards that should be pretty fun and more powerful than baseline Hearthstone feels right now".
New heroes have not been given up on - they just haven't made any new ones yet.
Ben thinks we'll "hear about new heroes in the not-too-distant future".
They're aware of what tools we'll lose when sets drop from standard and can plan accordingly to give us new tools that we want.
They were "very wrong" about Undertaker back in the day.
They've been talking internally about how they can make dailies better - it's been a while since they've touched it.
Will the new players still have the opportunity to enjoy the old Adventures after they cycle out of standard mode?
We're excited to make use of that content in the future. Haven't decided on the details. (Source)

Espo just went tilt on the show because of it.....
I'm very confident the designers will come up with something awesome. :) (Source)
Ben, have you given any thought to rotating what cards make up Classic? Something like what L5R did with different Editions?
I think there are lots of things possible once we've had some time to play with the two formats and see what's good and bad. (Source)

Just bummed that cards I just bought will only be usable in 1 format in a few months. Would've spent on TGT had I known otherwise.
They're only usable in 1 format now, but Wild should be a rad format going forward. If it's not, we'll make changes until it is. (Source)

If your goal is to keep wild balanced how are you going to handle reprints? There are a lot of cards we would like to see again.
No current plans for reprints but it certainly could happen. Not sure we'd want to do it in the next set, though. (Source)

Not including cards in a standard shifting "core" is better than nerfing classic many classic cards no?
Maybe. We'll start with this and see how it goes. Nerfing cards might make both formats more fun. We'll learn, at least. (Source)
Source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1186-ben-brode-on-druid-basic-cards-balancing-new

That all reads to me as Brode saying "We haven't a clue what we're doing, and we're basically riding by the seat of our pants on this thing."

That's exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Dahbomb

It's been a week since we had that format announcement, it's about time we got some new info already.

Like release date, expansion news and most importantly.. nerf bat list.

ViviOggi

Recognizable soul again. Wish Brode would drop the evasive talk and fuck some cards up like he did with Warsong.

Their hands-off approach has led to ladder being absolutely insufferable for ages, and now at its peak it'd honestly be unplayable if not for the rank 5 rewards.

That's old news and all and I hope they do finally get it right, Brode just needs to stop beating around the bush.

Dahbomb

If I lose on Ladder these days I make a mental note of the cards:

"Yeah she would not have won in Standard because her Portal game her Ysera"

Or

"Shredder gave him that Doomsayer that allowed him to get back in the game..."

Ladder is just insufferable right now when you have Standard on the back of your mind. When you take notice of these things it's staggering how many of these cards get played so often. I can't go a game without seeing Minibots, Scientists, Dr Boom, Shredder etc.

Apathy

If I lose on Ladder these days I make a mental note of the cards:

"Yeah she would not have won in Standard because her Portal game her Ysera"

Or

"Shredder gave him that Doomsayer that allowed him to get back in the game..."

Ladder is just insufferable right now when you have Standard on the back of your mind. When you take notice of these things it's staggering how many of these cards get played so often. I can't go a game without seeing Minibots, Scientists, Dr Boom, Shredder etc.

We heard the community loud and clear, so, today we are announcing a new tribe for the new Hearthstone, The Randoms. When you play these cards, they will randomly turn into a different card with different mana value and with a diffrent effect. No two games will ever play the same again. To add to this, you won't even be limited to neutral mobs. Any mob from any expansion can come up in standard, and any spell from any class can trigger when a Random tribe card is played. We also gave paladins empowered avenge secret, giving a random minion +6+7 when another one dies

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Why don't Mages have a 2 damage AoE for 4 like Paladins? I feel like Consecrate is the best early board clear out there.

Do share. I am interested in face Shaman if aggro lock becomes too weak.

With all the 3+ health and sticky minions, not even close to be honest. Used to be much stronger.

ViviOggi

Really need new info pronto. LoE has me hoping a tiny bit they've learned from their past mistakes, tone down the rng and introduce more unique, game-changing and most of all non-tempo-focused/counter-tempo texts. And show me those board clears.

They've shown minimal signs of life re: arena with the two Warrior commons but I'm not expecting much here.

I'd like to see statistics about how many times a joust card has won the game vs how many times a joust card lost the game because it wasn't Sunwalker/Zombie Chow/etc

Had a run where I picked Master Jouster in Arena. Every single time I used him, he tied. Every. Single. Time. Five. Times.

Again, I have my doubts that blizzard even tests anything. Who thinks a murloc knight should be able to summon another murloc knight.

Why wouldn't it? Gorillabot can discover another Gorillabot, Paletress can summon another Paletress.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'd like to see statistics about how many times a joust card has won the game vs how many times a joust card lost the game because it wasn't Sunwalker/Zombie Chow/etc

Had a run where I picked Master Jouster in Arena. Every single time I used him, he tied. Every. Single. Time. Five. Times.

Why wouldn't it? Gorillabot can discover another Gorillabot, Paletress can summon another Paletress.

One of my biggest worries heading into standard is that we get a good control 1 drop again. Losing Chow is my least favorite thing to come from this since I do not want to live in a world where decks start running Gadgetzan Jouster for an immediate huge swing based off the pull.

ViviOggi

Avoid joust like the fucking plague, it's not even funny how many times those clowns I was forced to pick have done absolutely nothing. Gadgetzan and Warhorse are the struggle picks I can live with, but I'll take almost anything over Master Jouster.

Only the Paladin ones are fine, surprising no one.

ViviOggi

Healing Wave and the hunter elephant are both fine
True, I was thinking about arena-relevant classes there. Elekk is actually very good, Healing Wave not so much in arena but it has seen some use in niche tier 4 constructed decks.

Basically the fine ones are the drops with solid statlines plus an upside. I assume when printing these cards Blizzard was scared of the dreaded control meta, but it was never going to happen on the back of such a clunky, rng-based mechanic.

Apathy

Avoid joust like the fucking plague, it's not even funny how many times those clowns I was forced to pick have done absolutely nothing. Gadgetzan and Warhorse are the struggle picks I can live with, but I'll take almost anything over Master Jouster.

Only the Paladin ones are fine, surprising no one.

Lol I don't think that gadgetzan jouster has ever won a joust. I gave up on those types of cards. While fun when you win, It feels so rare it's not fun. Plus I like to keep my opponents in the dark as much as possible about my deck.

gutshot

So Overwatch just added a Profile screen where you can view tons of relevant stats like wins, kills, time played, etc. etc. both overall and broken out by hero. All of this is viewable by yourself and others on your friends list. The game is in closed beta and won't be released for another few months.

Hearthstone has been out nearly 2 years and all we get are total ranked wins, total arena wins and largely irrelevant class levels, viewable only by yourself.

Team 5 plz.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
5 Paladin's in a row...

PALADINSTONE: Paladins of Paladins

Mulgrok

Trying out a midrange hunter deck that has no GvG or Nax cards in it. It works ok, but that is mainly due to opponents not seeing face cards and getting confused.

EDIT: using snake trap to combo ram wrangler works more often than I thought it would.

Sande

I just went 3-3 with a crazy deck because I disconnected in one match and in another one my opponent responded to my Huge toad with a Scarlet purifier. Never ever lucky.

I just had a 1-3 Arena run. :l I haven't had less than 5 wins since before Naxxramas, but today the Arena gods decided every opponent would have an absolute nuts curve. All three of my losses had Zombie Chow being played Turn 1 by my opponent. The mage had Flamewaker, Coin, Arcane Missiles turn 3. The Paladin had Muster + Quartermaster. The Hunter was the least bonkers, but it still curved out perfectly.

This game does its utmost best to ruin my enjoyment of it. Sometimes.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
A non-standard question, new player to veterans:

What keeps you playing this game?

I mean, seriously.

Is it deck building? Ie, you do your routine, then you get an interesting legendary and the bulb goes off - 'wait a second, let me build a deck around this!'?

Is it making a collection? Ie, you are playing, get a couple of packs, then open them breathing hard and the moment you see a card you don't have - yet alone a card that will help you play - you get a dose of dopamine?

Is it the social thing, tournaments, teams, whatever? Ie, if there is a tournament, you watch it with popcorn in one hand and a drink in the other, because it's just plain entertaining, and in between tournaments you are playing a bit yourself, sometimes trying to do what other guys doing, but not really caring much?

Is it something else? (Or is it just "nothing else to play" / "I am already invested through the roof so I will wait to see what they will do with the game"?)

(You can tell I am looking for an inspiration, somehow it all looks a bit boring and bleak and, frankly, hopeless to me right now, an endless treadmill with tons of random that makes wins mean little and losses irritating, lots of mundane games which are a repeat of each other... but I think it is a worthwhile question to ask.)

It's fun?

Owzers

I keep playing hearthstone ( though not much until standard) because i really like the aesthetics of the game and mixing and matching cards. Reno is my favorite because i don't need two of everything and i can play a variety of stuff and hear the weird sounds they make and the effects they have on the playing field. It's just a fun whimsical game when it's not completely maddening with awful cards.

I enjoy the game because I can read/do work then alt-tab over to HS once every 60 seconds, make a few plays, and go back to work/reading. It is a great multitasking game.

Yeah, Hearthstone is absolutely incredible aesthetically. The art (even reused stuff) and the voice overs are really top tier. It's simplicity is also a big reason why I enjoy it although admittedly that's not always a great thing with all the play on curve and smorc stuff.

Top Bottom