• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Blizzard is the best at making sound bytes, whether it be an RTS unit or a Hearthstone card.

In general the voice acting is good. And even when it's bad (Sindragosa) at least it's memorable.

Shacknews has announcement of an announcement, more Hearthstone info scheduled for event on March 9.

So.. still a while to wait.

bslelp9o.gif

Ridli

Blizzard is the best at making sound bytes, whether it be an RTS unit or a Hearthstone card.

In general the voice acting is good. And even when it's bad (Sindragosa) at least it's memorable.

Suffer mortals! As your pathetic magic beeetraaaAAAAAAYYYAsss you!

I honestly hope that ICC is an adventure soon. More people should be forced to listen to this line over and over while learning the fight like my guild did.

March 9th...

We might not see any changes til May.

Well, I mean.. LOE was announced at Blizzcon and the first wing went live the next week. I can only hope that we can look forward to a similar turnaround.

Random thing. Was watching WoWCrendor and his video about Overwatch changes. You can unlock sprays that are the Hearthstone speech bubbles. Hearthstone is so BM it has now spread to other games!

Suffer mortals! As your pathetic magic beeetraaaAAAAAAYYYAsss you!

I honestly hope that ICC is an adventure soon. More people should be forced to listen to this line over and over while learning the fight like my guild did.

boooooooooooooooone stoooooooooooooooooorm

The ground runs red with your blood

Good news, everyone. I think I perfected a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth

You have made an unwise decision

A flaw of mortality

Watch as the world around you collapses

All carved into my brain

Dahbomb

Shacknews has announcement of an announcement, more Hearthstone info scheduled for event on March 9.

superscream-1427983640.gif

As to why I like/still play Hearthstone, here's why:

*I enjoy playing card games and like the concept of them (deck building, playing them out, the strategy, the RNG).... but they are almost prohibitively expensive to get into. Not only that but it's very hard managing your collection and keeping up. I have like a closet full of Magic and YGO cards from a while back that I never use.. most of which are out dated anyway.

Hearthstone doesn't have this issue. It's very, very cheap to get into compared to over CCGs. You can get the deck you want to play within a reasonable amount of time. If I spend as much money on HS as I did on YGO I would probably have all golden cards by now or close to it.

*HS plays out very quickly per game and it's very board interactive. Other card games tend to have some non interactive features to them and many deck strategies play like solitaire (basically a ton of Freeze Mage style decks in other games but with alternate win conditions).

*It's easy to spectate matches within the client or watch online matches. For stuff like YGO, I have to watch older matches or go to locals ... I don't have time for that in my busy schedule. It's hard enough trying to go to locals for gaming purposes, I am way past going to locals for CCGs.

*You can play it on the phone. Compared to the hundreds of other trashy mobile games out there, HS is vastly superior to them. You can play it during break at work, get some decent progress in and then go back to work. I only have like 2 games installed on my phone and HS is one of them.

*As long as you don't take the game TOO seriously, it's fun in short bursts. Yeah it sucks to lose to RNG it's also entertaining to win with RNG too.

If you treat HS exactly as what it is... a casual CCG you can play on your phone/PC with a lower barrier to entry than normal then you can enjoy it. If you treat it as a super serious competitive sport where you need to absolutely win every single game to maintain your high ranking and play 8 hours a day... you will begin to dislike this game a lot.

Alright, as a secret paladin player I'm really getting tired of playing so many paladins haha

Only a few more ranks and then I'll mess around with other stuff until standard arrives (hopefully in March)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizzard usually takes about 4 months to release an expansion, and this time they even have to rebalance classic cards on top of that. You guys thought they'd be releasing something this month?

Dahbomb

Blizzard usually takes about 4 months to release an expansion, and this time they even have to rebalance classic cards on top of that. You guys thought they'd be releasing something this month?
Expected news about balance stuff and expansion announcement this month, then release early next month. Basically get the card teasing going soon.

Seems like they might be going the LoE route and announcing first week of March then releasing the expansion within that month.

Also it's about to be 4 months since LoE so expansion is scheduled to be released in March.

March 9th?? That....sucks. Feels like standard/wild were announced too soon if there is nothing to follow-up with for over a month. Hopefully they start showing some of the reworked basic/standard cards in the meantime

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there any decent replacement for Imp-losion on a zoolock deck? I really don't want to craft them but I wanna try the deck out.

You can make all sort of substitutions in zoolock, really. It's one of the most flexible archetypes in the game. Just put in some shredders or dark iron dwarfs or something.

Dahbomb

Ok I take it back... that next game was pretty BS. I would be salty too.

Final boss was a Paladin with Knife Juggler into Muster for Battle into Mukla finish... GG

Moonlight

Banned
Just played someone that took the maximum possible time every turn and had Reno. I truly loathe this game sometimes.
I had time during my 15-minute break, so decided to hit up a game to pass the time. Wind up being matched with a Patron Warrior who roped out literally every turn to do incredibly basic things. There were times I was legit wondering if he'd disconnected or something.

I tried my luck during my next one and got Freeze Mage. Hearthstone's matchmaking is like, magically awful.

Dahbomb

Yeah there's no good replacement for Implosion. It's a card that does minion damage (aka board control) AND spawns minions.

Zoolock will be looking back at cards like Argent Squire, Scarlet Crusader, Dark Iron Dwarf and even to some TGT/LoE cards like Huge Toad and Knife Juggler to fill those gaps. The deck really needs some expansion help though, it has lost a massive amount of sticky factor. Maybe even Illidan if BGH is nerfed (nah...).

Pooya

yesterday every zoo without exception was rolling 4 against me. It was so funny, I was like he's going to roll 4 next turn for sure so better play around it!

This tempo mage player got Saarad from unstable portal, which in turn give it gang up which it was used on Dr. Boom. I killed 3 Dr. Booms but the 4th one got me before I could draw lethal. He draw all of them right away, yeah.

I'm so glad this trash will be out and this trash deck will be out too. Good luck playing mirror entity with Kirin Tor mage! 4Head.

Yeah there's no good replacement for Implosion. It's a card that does minion damage (aka board control) AND spawns minions.

Zoolock will be looking back at cards like Argent Squire, Scarlet Crusader, Dark Iron Dwarf and even to some TGT/LoE cards like Huge Toad and Knife Juggler to fill those gaps. The deck really needs some expansion help though, it has lost a massive amount of sticky factor. Maybe even Illidan if BGH is nerfed (nah...).
Agreed.

yesterday every zoo without exception was rolling 4 against me. It was so funny, I was like he's going to roll 4 next turn for sure so better play around it!

This tempo mage player got Saarad from unstable portal, which in turn give it gang up which it was used on Dr. Boom. I killed 3 Dr. Booms but the 4th one got me before I could draw lethal. He draw all of them right away, yeah.

I'm so glad this trash will be out and this trash deck will be out too. Good luck playing mirror entity with Kirin Tor mage! 4Head.
My Imp-plosion goes through RNG seasons. I will hit 4 five times in a row, but then hit 2 four times in a row. The 2 is really infuriating, because I always use it while counting on 3+. I would still adore the card if it hit for 3, and only 3.

Zoggy

just played a game where i rolled 4 on implosion, twice. with knife juggler on board.

then the next game i rolled 2 and eventually lost to renowarrior. hearthstone gives and takes

Pooya

Woah, saw two midragne paladins with justicar on ladder actually. It's been a while. Easy games as rogue.

The deck is just so bad right now, countering niche cw isn't worth playing it.

murloc paly is way better, who would have thought.

without qm, no point in playing justicar in standard. paladin should get a new recruit buff.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tempo mage man...turn 2 unstable portal, next turn sorcerer's apprentice into frostbolt on my acolyte, arcane missiles to hit face then a 0 mana 8/8 vancleef on turn 3. Fuck off.

danowat

Banned
I keep returning to this, and keep getting my arse handed to me on a silver platter.

It's very hard for a new(er) player to come in and not get completely smashed, without spending money to get cards.

So my question is, for a new(er) player, who doesn't want to spend real money, is it possible to play well?, how would someone recommend a player like this to play the game?

Failing the not spending money thing, if someone were to invest some real money into it, what would be the best bang for buck.

I understand that it may just be me being completely rubbish at the game, and I need to "get gud", but it's a hell of a difficulty curve when you are getting annihilated left,right and centre!

ViviOggi

When I see shit like that I always think maybe Tempo Mage is worse than Secredin... until I run into one next game

Can't wait for those garbage decks to be gutted

^ Get good at arena. Takes some time as well but takes the collection factor out of the equation.

I kinda want to play mid range decks but I'm concerned that most of them require me to have specific legendaries that I just can't craft right now(and I kinda don't want to craft anything big anyway because of the upcoming update). It's why tempo decks are easier to get into, not much reliance on big cards.

Disregard my lucky Antonidas drop.

bjaelke

Neptulon -> Everyfin Is Awesome shouldn't be allowed in arena.

Edit: Oh this is hilarious. I play Floating Watching and my opponent plays Curse of Rafaam on the following turn. "Thank you".

I kinda want to play mid range decks but I'm concerned that most of them require me to have specific legendaries that I just can't craft right now(and I kinda don't want to craft anything big anyway). It's why tempo decks are easier to get into, not much reliance on big cards.

Disregard my lucky Antonidas drop.

easiest one is midrange hunter. all you need is boom and loatheb in terms of legendary. some run dreadscale but not needed

Zoggy

easiest one is midrange hunter. all you need is boom and loatheb in terms of legendary. some run dreadscale but not needed

the only hunter legendary you need is savannah highmane.

then webspinners for 2 more. and then ram wrangler for the 5th one.

ez game.

Top Bottom