• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

Another trash brawl pack, never lucky. You can never be too prepared I guess, there was a time I really wanted a second prep. Actually on that server I still have one prep, but here that I play rogue almost exclusively, I have 4 preps now! Hoping prep gets nerfed now lolz. Golden Evis is nice, saving it for maybe some day I have a golden rogue deck.

This is the third Harrison I'm opening btw.... oh wait..

1455126103-1.jpg

omgfinallygoldenlegendaryzooooomgIdontevencareitsadupe.

Apathy

New interview: http://venturebeat.com/2016/02/10/h...and-why-we-still-shouldnt-expect-new-classes/

Probably the most notable thing that they haven't said before is that they're still interested in making cards with the power level of Dr. Boom, but they just want to make sure they're Paladin-specific going forward.

I find them being class specific a problem (like MC) because you need to give ever class something similarly strong or end up making people not want to play them because they feel that classes specific legendary just doesn't match up to the rest. Now you're also going to be designing around a bunch more cards rather than making one like boom that's a neutral and anyone can play.

Pooya

It took over a year and half for me to get a single golden legendary and that's with playing on two servers for a good part of that time. Your time will come too... eventually.

peakish

Heh, Brann is pretty fun to play with. Made a basic Hunter deck (haven't really played that class at all) with him and had a lot fun buffing my units with Houndmasters. +4/+4 good spell

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

This has quickly become the stupidest match I have ever played. Once you load up the hand with coins, the card you pick doesn't actually go into your hand at all, lol. I think this also dilutes the card pool so you pretty much never get minions again.

Dahbomb

New interview: http://venturebeat.com/2016/02/10/h...and-why-we-still-shouldnt-expect-new-classes/

Probably the most notable thing that they haven't said before is that they're still interested in making cards with the power level of Dr. Boom, but they just want to make sure they're Paladin-specific going forward.
I read the whole article to make sure they didn't actually say they are going to print Dr 7 tier cards but make them Paladin only. That would've caused riots and new copypasta memes.

They are just talking about making class specific powerful Legendaries, not Paladin specific.

I think doomhammer is ok, the problem is you can rockbiter the weapon.

Nothing better than getting nailed for 16 on turn 5 by a weapon.

Yeah, if they have three cards and coin they can hit you for 16 on turn 5... But we can dream up hundreds of insane three card wombo-combos. Nerfing Doomhammer is crazy to me considering how shit tier Shaman have been.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I don't understand this Brawl at all. Can anyone explain the pattern/rules to me?

After you play a card a copy goes to your deck and your hand is randomized (With cards from your deck) when your turn ends.

My opponent got 2 Dr Booms WTF!

Is my deck only chickens and coins at the start, then?

your deck is 8 cards at the beginning, just chickens, coins, and spare parts. Any card you play gets an extra copy shuffled into your deck, any card you have in your hand at the end of the turn gets returned to the deck.

basically, play the cards you want extra copies of (not chicken)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sebastian Fors ‏@ForsenSC2 2m2 minutes ago
Yeee... got banned on twitch for 24h again. Press F to pay respect

Forsen needs to chill a bit ...

Intrigue

Banned
Yeah, if they have three cards and coin they can hit you for 16 on turn 5... But we can dream up hundreds of insane three card wombo-combos. Nerfing Doomhammer is crazy to me considering how shit tier Shaman have been.

Agreed, but like I said I dont think doomhammer is the problem its just the crazy burst with rockbiter.

ViviOggi

I'm facing a Shaman whose turns have been literally nothing but Rumbling Elemental + Tombspider or 2x Tombspider... I swear I'm not even joking, this guy had three Rumbling Elementals and two Tombspiders who have cloned themselves like EIGHT FUCKING TIMES

What are the odds, this is fucking unreal

Wish I was recording this oh my god

JesseZao

This is probably my favorite brawl, because of my love for deck building games.

It really makes me want something permanent like it as a game mode. As is, this brawl is pretty much a dynamic arena mode. If they were to actually pursue something like Dominion for a mode, I'd love to see then expand from this brawl (without the constraints they have to work with to hack it together).

Dahbomb

Man I hate this Brawl, always did. Represents everything I hate in a Brawl. Delayed discover mechanics that slow down the game, mechanics that clearly favor one class over the rest (in this case Mage) and extreme RNG swings make for dumb RNG coin flips and long drawn out matches.

Gonna get my pack and bounce.

Dahbomb

Last Discover based mechanic Brawl they actually guaranteed a spell which evened out the RNG a bit. This one doesn't and that makes it worse than even other Discover based Brawls.

Tagyhag

I would suggest not playing this brawl on mobile, sometimes the UI glitches and doesn't allow you to play certain cards, it really sucks.

Wait, just to be clear:
Does playing cards affect your future draws, or no?

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to playing the chickens and coins early?

ViviOggi

So happy I got the win on my first brawl, prefer Webspinners over this garbage

On a different note when I logged into my barren rank 25 NA account for the brawl I threw together a random Paladin for dailies and I could literally feel my brain melting with every turn

I was prepared for the turn 2 Dennis Strike face etc. but how could I possibly have anticipated the Owl + Hunter's Mark + Boar play just to kill a Minibot, it was too much

Top Bottom