• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

gutshot

So happy I got the win on my first brawl, prefer Webspinners over this garbage

On a different note when I logged into my barren rank 25 NA account for the brawl I threw together a random Paladin for dailies and I could literally feel my brain melting with every turn

I was prepared for the turn 2 Dennis Strike face etc. but how could I possibly have anticipated the Owl + Hunter's Mark + Boar play just to kill a Minibot, it was too much

I dunno, man, trading up a 1-mana minion into a 2-mana minion seems like a good play to me. Kappa

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I read the whole article to make sure they didn't actually say they are going to print Dr 7 tier cards but make them Paladin only. That would've caused riots and new copypasta memes.

They are just talking about making class specific powerful Legendaries, not Paladin specific.
Yes, sorry, I thought the joke was obvious. :p

Mulgrok

had brawl daily
easy 5 wins in a row as mage
#magescumbag

EDIT: polymorph boar was the MVP of the run. All those big legendaries neutered and chickens morphed for lethal.

ViviOggi

GamesBeat: I’m sure you guys knew that Dr. Boom and Piloted Shredder would be popular, powerful cards. Are you surprised that they showed up in a majority of decks, though?

Brode: We intentionally pushed Piloted Shredder to be quite strong. It can do some great things to the game. But no matter what we do, because certain decks are just going to want to play the highest value 4-cost minion — this is going to be a thing that happens.

They're going for the ebin player stories angle here but not even Blizzard could think Shredder shitting out a Doomsayer which got old after the second time would be worth O B L I T E R A T I N G every other 4-drop in the game for years. I don't believe a word of it, they didn't see it coming at all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're going for the ebin player stories angle here but not even Blizzard could think Shredder shitting out a Doomsayer which got old after the second time would be worth O B L I T E R A T I N G every other 4-drop in the game for years. I don't believe a word of it, they didn't see it coming at all.

Right, I think this is why they're trying to move units like that to be class specific, so at least if every version of that class runs the same four drops, there are eight others that don't.

I'm expecting the next expansion to try and introduce core meta options at the class level and then have neutrals be tribal enablers or new mechanics.

For example, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mage and Hunter got separate Secret enablers, and if taunts were rationed out at different frequencies and qualities to different classes instead of just having everyone with the new Sludge Belcher.

Tarazet

Mage mirror in the tavern brawl. Opponent gets Antonidas and plays him FOUR times.. but Bolf Ramshield laughs at your Fireballs.

I love this Brawl. I've won my last 4, and I got my Warrior class quest done easily. Onto Druid!

Ok, ok I was wrong. POWER FLOWS THROUGH ME dragon dude who gets buffed is legit in this brawl. Got him to like 22/14 lol
The guy who gets +1/+1 per card played? I got him to 23/14, haha. He's a monster in this event because of all the coins and chickens.

Opposing mage plays Fel Reaver, I play Mirror Image and a bunch of cards, burn through his entire deck. He has one card in hand, I have 11 health and lethal, turns out it was Pyroblast. Second time I got super lucky, especially since I'm pretty sure I had lethal the previous turn but was too busy trying to BM.

I love this Brawl. I've won my last 4, and I got my Warrior class quest done easily. Onto Druid!

The guy who gets +1/+1 per card played? I got him to 23/14, haha. He's a monster in this event because of all the coins and chickens.

That sounds like Questing Adventurer. Dragonkin Sorcerer gets +1/+1 every time you cast a buff spell on him. It combos with the spare parts in your deck.

Idiot secret Paladin plays Dr.Boom into an unknown mage secret(got lucky it was effigy), then plays Tyrion into mirror image when he had lethal, won anyway because FUCK MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER.

Was getting dominated by this Rogue in the brawl, discovered a Tuskarr Jouster twice and ended up healing like 5 times to come back and win the game. Good times.

Ladekabel

Come on! My oppnent played five Deathwings and I always got an answer for it. And just when I was about to stabilize and got 3 windfuries on my minions he gets his sixth one. What kind of bullshit is that? My answers and getting Deathwing six times?

Apathy

I'm going to stop getting packs from gold and just save up till the new expansion. I've found a deck I kinda like and have almost all the cards I need for it, and I'll just start going hard when the new cards get released.

Owzers

I'm going to stop getting packs from gold and just save up till the new expansion. I've found a deck I kinda like and have almost all the cards I need for it, and I'll just start going hard when the new cards get released.

Even though i need some rares, epics, and legendaries in standard still ( how do i not have any feral spirits? I'm supposed to be an aggro shaman, i just know it.), i've started saving up dust for the expansion since i mainly want to go Standard. Up to 830 dust.

Footos22

That was an easy brawl, justicar, boom, sylvannas, and that fireball everytime you do a spell dude forgot name of with loads of coins and spare parts. He tried to bore me to death.

Fireblend

Banned
Actually yeah, I'm finding myself winning more than losing in this brawl, so many misplays. Might be an acceptable way to keep clearing quests this week.

I did go up against a shaman that flooded the board with chickens only to play Enhance-o-mechano right at the end. Ended up losing that one lol

Sande

Not this RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG brawl again. I got Elise in my first game but she does fuck all when my opponent gets Hobgoblin.

u joinin the aggro priest revolution too?

i went full jeeves with my current ladder AP deck and its really helping the consistency, delicious card draw with the low curve and shit like mindblast, shadowbombers giving cheap KOs

Apathy

i went full jeeves with my current ladder AP deck and its really helping the consistency, delicious card draw with the low curve and shit like mindblast, shadowbombers giving cheap KOs

care to share that decklist?

Actually Ive grown fond of dragon priest but missing some key dragons like ysera for late game and twilight guardians for some tanking action. Still the deck is at a 50% win rate without them (been using decktracker)

care to share that decklist?

Actually Ive grown fond of dragon priest but missing some key dragons like ysera for late game and twilight guardians for some tanking action. Still the deck is at a 50% win rate without them (been using decktracker)

currently i'm evolved to this:
OjmYHzb.png

bluegill, flame juggs, jungle panth, worgen are a little wild and theres arguments for doubling up on any of them but for instance flame juggs does work against paladwin, worgen is a sick t1 drop esp with the coin since you can PWS it, panther is a no drawback slower arcane golem against slower decks (but can get hit by consecretion or explosive trap for example, but thats why the deck can do work, you can juice it up with PWS or velens if you fear danger), bluegill is more rush rush. try to save sir finley for a 5 mana drop in case you don't have PWS or jeeves to draw from. other than that it's a pretty solid win t6/7 deck, really you just have to learn to mulligan right and use all of your mana, never keep direct damage on the mulligan go for shit like flame jugs, PWS, leper, stalker against a class like hunter, etc

i feel like stealth is underrated for priest decks because you can put out a low health stealth char on curve then PWS or velens it when you decide to attack and get nigh guaranteed value if you're smart. hell some turns its better to just keep the minion in stealth so you can health it up next turn and get a double shot, thats why i run 3 of them

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I am loving my monkey priest deck. It is great fun, sadly it doesn't work that often, but it is awesome when it does. It's great against other control decks especially.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea why that would make sense.

Twitch doesn't want people running streams forever while they sleep. They want you playing games/doing something. It makes perfect sense from the businesses standpoint. Why pay bandwidth costs for people filming their empty chairs?

I know it's a new card so it'll never happen, but I can't wait for the day they nerf Reno Jackson.

Topdecking a 29 HP heal is just some serious BS. Playing a sercret paladin or face hunter doesn't piss me off as much as that card.

I know it's a new card so it'll never happen, but I can't wait for the day they nerf Reno Jackson.

Topdecking a 29 HP heal is just some serious BS. Playing a sercret paladin or face hunter doesn't piss me off as much as that card.

hes a really cool idea but honestly he should just cost more mana, its absurd he can be dropped t6 despite his drawback (which will get smaller and smaller the larger the card pool grows)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For all the talk of Reno, you'd think he'd be viable in more than exactly one class.

And you can still die with him in your hand before turn 6, which is probably more disgusting. If you NEED to play him on 6 you are still going to get fucked unless you also have molten, which is 2 one ofs in a 30 card deck. That is hardly as bad as so much more shit in this game.

Moonlight

Banned
I can't buy a new wing of League of Explorers, and it's sort of wigging me out. I try to buy it with Gold, and the window disappears, and the game 'fades out' as if processing something, but nothing happens. I figured after 30 minutes this wasn't just going to be something I could fix by waiting out, but it's sort of annoying I can't finish LoE.

hes a really cool idea but honestly he should just cost more mana, its absurd he can be dropped t6 despite his drawback (which will get smaller and smaller the larger the card pool grows)
This isn't really going to be a major issue with Standard. Reno's cost means you can heal and put out a reasonable minion if it's late, and you're already dead 90% of the time if you're forced to play him on curve. I think he's fine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

He will never be nerfed. He will be moved to Wild in a year, where he will likely be even stronger.

Apathy

Is this accurate? Hafu's stream says shes 91/100 in her 10th run. She might actually do it.

Edit: oh shit, shes at 93, she tied the record

Edit: she got to 94 and set the new record and is coming back tomorrow. Thats awesome.

I'm glad that Tavern Brawl opens right at my lunchtime at work. Getting those packs is so much easier in that first hour, as opposed to waiting until I get home.

Also can they please code it so the tutorial stuff does not replay every single time you play? That really gets on my nerves.

W-what of bliz made mysterious challenger op because they were already working on the standard mode and they knew that shift would slow down paladin a little

So ultimately they have taken care of balancing it, sorta, and of course bliz gets $$$ from the guys that bought into the opness

I hope they make the next 'doctor' card a neutral this time, at least, so it's not just one damn class

Tagyhag

Is this accurate? Hafu's stream says shes 91/100 in her 10th run. She might actually do it.

Edit: oh shit, shes at 93, she tied the record

Edit: she got to 94 and set the new record and is coming back tomorrow. Thats awesome.

Scamaz stay salty. Hafu real Arena Strategist.

Top Bottom