• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Some of those Legendaries sound insane.

The Mage card is not that bad but the deck that it fits into is unlikely to get maximum value out of it because it might now draw it in time. Maybe in Freeze Mage as it adds another fireball in your deck. I like it at least but it's still slow.

You can't have 6 secrets, 5 is the game's cap.

For now.

What i find hilarious is that Blizzard thinks more deck slots would be to complicated but then they introduce a card like Elise Starseeker.

johnsmith

remember me
Wait, the adventure is coming in a week? Guess they didn't want people saving up gold. Any way to get an extra buck.
Gotta make that happy little buck

Actually just read all the pieces of that Legendary. At first I think thought it was a 2 card combo but it's actually a 3 card combo.

As much as I am a fan of something like this.... I don't know about that.

It is a brawl combo.

They'll give you some deck full of chickens and the golden monkey combo and see what happens.

can't believe the morons that are playing this new tavern. I figured it out on my first try. You have people attacking the boss straight away, he casts assassinate ffs. Or idiots casting buffs on a solo minion that gets assassinated straight away and paladins that don't use hero power to flood the board.

I can't believe how many people attack in with their 1/1 dudes. Like... that damage is negligible. Leave the little guys to soak the random 3-attacks.

Parshias7

Holy crap that paladin secret sucks, and that hunter secret nice more food for huntards, thanks blizz...

Are we back into the "complain about every Hunter card whether they're good or not because fuck hunter" mode?

Face Hunters aren't gonna play this new card.

Dahbomb

Hunter Secret feels like it was designed around TGT and Blizzard just assumed Inspire would be the new meta.
For a lot of classes the hero power is really essential to play against Hunters.

If Warriors are denied from Armoring up against a Hunter they will lose the match up. If Mages can't ping off the 1 health charge minions then they are in trouble. Same for Priest and their heals.

It's a reasonable spell for Hunters. Either it will most probably kill something on board or do 5 damage to face. Depending on when it triggers, Paladin/Shaman hero power can counter it sometimes (if the 5 damage can hit the tokens).

Ironically the Paladin secret is good against other Paladin decks. I feel like it's going to be a meta call between Repentance and that card. Aggressive flood the board meta will use the newer secret where as in a slower meta with bigger minions, Repentance would be favor. I still think Repentance is a bit better because Paladin is still trying to control the very early game and will limit the amount of minions on board especially if they want more value off of Noble Sacrifice.

"Brann Bronzebeard will cause any battlecries that get played while he's active to trigger twice"

Would be funny if this is Dr 5.

Some scary stuff:

* Druid: Double ramp with asspirate.
* Hunter: Double mech leaper! +4 attack to all mechs :| Play 2 for 6 mana to get +8
* Mage: 8 damage blast mages. Good luck beating mech mage then.
* Paladin: Double scarlet pacifier? Probably not, but double Aldor is going to be huge in control.
* Priest: Double steal with Cabal.
* Rogue: Fucked over
* Shaman: Double fire elemental? But double totems will be a big boost for bloodlust/totem decks and help with mistcaller.
* Warlock: Fucked over
* Warrior: Shield maiden is stupid with the 10 armour and double cruel task can do some stuff. Technically double varian is insane, but you are better off just getting 100 armour and fatiguing the other guy.

Neutral: Double big game? Bye bye Handlock.
Shattered sun cleric is insane.
argus is insane.
Kezan gets a massive boost.
Kodo and Kraken are extremely strong

Boom with 4 boom bots.

This thing better cost a LOT. There is going to be a downside since the other player can potentially act first, but only if it is a high cost and only if Emperor balanced isn't still in the game. Combo potential is crazy, even with something like faceless.

Reno Jackson sounds interesting, you probably can make it work. I wonder what's the mana cost, if it's 4-5 it could be playable.

So far the adventure looks completely awful, I'm sure there will be some cards in that one to last wing that are very good but you have to get all the garbage before it.

I'm skeptical of Reno being very effective, because in order to use it you'd need to make your deck pretty much half as consistent as normal.

Are we back into the "complain about every Hunter card whether they're good or not because fuck hunter" mode?

Face Hunters aren't gonna play this new card.

I think they absolutely will. Either the trap hits a minion, which stops you from slowing down the Hunter's board; or it hits your face for 5 damage, which is cheaper than Skill Command (or even "free" with Mad Scientist.) Either way, the Hunter wins. The only decks that will negate this very well are token decks.

I mean, I guess you could not use your hero power, but then the Hunter is gaining value every turn you don't as well.

squidyj

Will the battlecry work twice with all battlecry? What about stuff like Jaraxxus and Alex?

sure, it'll fire twice it just doesn't actually have an additional effect. alex sets health to 15 and then sets health to 15 again.

do you pick two targets with battlecries like fire elemental? or does it just do 6 damage to a single target?

Moonlight

Banned
Point on the Hunter Secret.

I don't think the Sacred Trial secret is even that good for decks that flood the board though. It seems easy enough to play around the secret, and I don't think decks that like to flood the board really care if one of their guys bites it on play. You could make setting up the board a little awkward for a turn, which could matter, but it doesn't sound worth it. In a sense, it feels like a worse Counterspell and you don't even need to burn a card to get around it.

I feel like with Targeted Battlecries, it'll just trigger the same effect twice. Makes the most sense in my mind gameplay wise because you'll target something and then it'll just double animate.

Having to target twice would be pretty clunky.

gutshot

sure, it'll fire twice it just doesn't actually have an additional effect. alex sets health to 15 and then sets health to 15 again.

do you pick two targets with battlecries like fire elemental? or does it just do 6 damage to a single target?

I guess it depends on how the card text reads. If it is "double the Battlecry effects" then I guess it would do 6 damage. If it is "Battlecries activate twice" then you will likely be able to pick two targets for 3 damage each.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The two murloc cards are somehow the best cards in this set right now. How sad.

inky

I was a huge supporter of Shamurloc back when Neptulon launched... but Blizzplz, stop trying to make Shamurloc a thing. You have no idea what you're doing and it never works.

I told ya it was folly godammit. I told ya and you didn't listen ;_;

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Everyfin is Awesome would actually be pretty insane if Murloc Shaman actually had better draw mechanics than Siltfin.

Seriously, Everyfin is Awesome is I guess a 7 mana card that gives all your minions +2/+2 but costs 1 less for every Murloc you have in play. So basically they want you to flood the board with Murlocs that don't have any stickiness just like they've been trying to do for 3 expansions but it never works because you lose instantly as soon as someone plays any board wipe.

Shamurloc fails because Murlocs have no survivability. Adding a 0-mana, 1/1 Murloc doesn't help that whatsoever.

Dahbomb

LMAO Thijs dragon priest is running like 6 1 drops. Double Chows, Welps, Clerics.

Full retard anti aggro/full tempo deck.

I told ya it was folly godammit. I told ya and you didn't listen ;_;

I should have listened. ;_;

For real though. Blizzard, make a Murloc Totem that is a 2-mana 0/3 "Cannot be targeted by spells or abilities. At the end of every turn, revive all of your Murlocs" card and maybe, MAYBE, Shamurloc will have a chance.

Top Bottom