• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Fuck this card.

Fuck it right off.

Zoo.
Face Hunter.
Midrange Hunter.
Maybe even replaces Coghammer in Secret Pally.

Combos with Haunted Creeper, Nerubian Egg, Mad Scientist, and Piloted Shredder.

You don't even lose a stat point for this shit.

Fuck right off.

Might be a Rogue card

raptor looks like a rogue card and rogue runs like no deathrattles, maybe shredders or maaybe a single belcher. that's it.

It looks a card made for this Nerubian rogue they like to push that never is going to work.

Yep, it goes from an insane card to an attempt to make people try another type of deck for Rogue...which isn't really going to happen.

Oh well, it was an exciting 4 minutes.

G.ZZZ

Damn Brann is actually good, 2/4 for 3 is a good statline for that effect. Blastmage is the obvious fit since it's 4.

The 2/1 viper with deattouch is still pretty bad i think. The 3/4 that copy a deathrattle is broken if it is neutral. If it is rogue, it's still one of the best cards in the game, but it doesn't have a clear application.

The 3/2 beast with a deathrattle ping is also stupid i hope it's not neutral. Druid maybe? EDIT: it appears it's really a neutral. No shame in power creeping zzzz.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I hope it is a Rogue card. Otherwise that shit ain't funny. Seriously game quitting stuff if it is a neutral.

I mean, pairing it with Dreadsteed is funny. But nothing else.

sibarraz

Banned
Hopefully it is a Rogue card. Otherwise... what are they thinking?

But even then, why make the card for the class that can use it least anyway?

I had seen an interesting concept with rogue playing nerubian eggs and haunted creeper, which are buffed with abusive sergant and that 1 mana spell that gives 2/4 damage, imo this card will allow that archetype to be viable.

Majine

Banned
The monkey stone seems like garbage, no? Seems to me that a hand full of legendaries is not as good as it sounds, because it doesn't offer enough flexibility.

Portugeezer

The monkey stone seems like garbage, no? Seems to me that a hand full of legendaries is not as good as it sounds, because it doesn't offer enough flexibility.

Definitely garbage for competitive play, but if you get good RNG and the right legendaries your hand could become amazing.

Emperor + Monkey seems like a potential combo though.

squidyj

golden monkey terrifies me, I never want to see that card ever. the last thing I need is to have all my answers replaced with random legendaries and my curve all fucked up.

Parshias7

I think they absolutely will. Either the trap hits a minion, which stops you from slowing down the Hunter's board; or it hits your face for 5 damage, which is cheaper than Skill Command (or even "free" with Mad Scientist.) Either way, the Hunter wins. The only decks that will negate this very well are token decks.

I mean, I guess you could not use your hero power, but then the Hunter is gaining value every turn you don't as well.

I was referring to the hat.

Dahbomb

Looking at potential Battle cries that actually get benefit from the double trigger, here's the list (relevant minions):

Darnassus Aspirant (double ramp)

Glaivezooka
Houndmaster
Ram Wrangle
r

Spellslinger
Blastmage

Quartermaster (get an additional +2/+2 on your recruits)

Shadowbomber (not relevant
Wyrmwrest Agent (get another +1)

Goblin Autobarber

Tuskarr Totemic
Neptulon (although I am not sure if you get overloaded twice)

Cruel taskmaster
Shield Maiden
Screwjank Clunker
Iron Juggernaut
Varian

Abusive Sergeant
Flame Juggler

Lance Carrier
All the Bombers
Coldlight Oracle
Earthen Ring Farseer

Coldlight Seer
Tinkertown
MCT (if they have 5 minions on the board)
Dark Iron Dwarf
Shattered Sun Cleric
Defender of Argus
Enhanco Mechano

Gormok the Impaler
Kezan Mystic
Antique Healbot
Azure Drake

Twilight Drake
Clockwork Knight
Captain Greenskin
Stampeding Kodo
Grand Crusader
Dr Balanced

All the Warlock battle cries aren't relevant to be triggered twice (most have a very negative effect).

Bolded the cards that would get a massive boost from this card.

What I'm curious about in terms of Brann's synergy with Fire Elemental/Blackwing Corruptor is if you'll be able to choose two targets to hit or if all six damage goes to one target.

ZealousD

I actually feel like a card like Elven Archer is pretty relevant with Brann.

ZealousD

Buff to murloc shaman. Seriously allowing you to choose out of 3 other starting hero powers instead of your RNG hero power is pretty nice.

Getting the warlock hero power with murloc Shaman or Paladin would actually be pretty insane, lol.

Priest or Warrior... Not so much.

Random note about the Murloc Legendary I can't spell, it says basic hero power, so I would assume that whatever you get your hero power re-rolled into can be buffed by Justicar.

Not that you can really plan anything with that but it's an interesting bit of synergy.

Top Bottom