• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

inky

Yea, monkey seems way too slow. They'll probably give Paladin a Dr 5 or something equally stupid so whatever... no one will get enough mana to play it in time (or most of those cards).

I did not realize that it doesn't pull cards from your deck.

Well that's a pretty interesting mechanic I guess, depending on what kind of cards they put it on.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If people won't play iron juggernaut and beneath the grounds they sure as shit won't play this monkey crap.

_DrMario_

I can't fucking believe they built a mechanic based on one of the worst fucking cards ever put in Hearthstone.

Fuck Esportal and fuck Blizzard.

embalm

The Golden Monkey is the absolute extreme of a fun to play card. It is complete trash in the competitive scene, but absolutely bonkers and I look forward to the Day9 comes up with for the card. The setup alone for it is pretty cool.

I'm glad that the expansion is coming soon. Hopefully they include some card changes with it.

Pooya

All of these "explorers" and name of the adventure were leaked by the Japanese cast list. So we're getting Maiev, Tyrande and Lady Liadrin too. Since they don't fit the theme of this adventure at all I'm guessing those are skins that they announce at the panel after matches just now.

Raxus

Hey Rey, let's just say there is medication that helps you get rid of all that salt.

Amaz looks like a Gnome lol.

G.ZZZ

Until they rotate old cards out, we're gonna get 1-2 significant cards for each expansion from now on. Which mean i'm skipping this adventure.

squidyj

I can't wait to never play the legendary that shuffles a card that shuffles a card that ruins my gameplan into my deck.

Explorer's hat seems to be meant for a lock and load control hunter style of play, low tempo solid value and the lock and load combo if you have a board.

Sande

Well, shit. I started saving up gold like two days ago and thought I was playing it safe. I'll try to stay strong this time and not drop any money on it. 40€ is already too much for HS.

Looks like Polygon has some info, although subject to change I guess.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/6/9673832/league-of-explorers-hearthstone-adventure-pack

A new mage spell card called Torch costs three mana and deals three damage, but also shuffles another three-mana spell into your deck that deals six damage, allowing you to snowball into more powerful abilities later in the game.

In keeping with the theme, League of Explorers will also include some new traps in the form of secrets. Hunters will have Dart Trap, which triggers when the opposing hero uses their hero power, and deals five damage to a random enemy. Paladins will get a secret called Sacred Trial; when this is active, if an enemy has at least three minions and plays a fourth, the new minion will be destroyed.

League of Explorers will feature five new legendary cards — one for each member of the League, and one for the villainous Rafaam. Brann Bronzebeard will cause any battlecries that get played while he's active to trigger twice. Reno Jackson will fully heal your hero's health, as long as your deck contains no more than one copy of any card. Sir Finley will allow you to discover more murlocs and put them into your hand. And Rafaam will give players access to three "powerful artifacts," unique spells that cost 10 mana in exchange for "crazy effects."

squidyj

discovery is a cool mechanic but 2 mana 1/1 draw a 'mostly' random 3 mana card? ehhhhhhhhhh feels weak, would be nice if it was a 2/1

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I remember when people said Mystery Challenger won't ever see play because Pally secrets aren't worth shit

Every single piece of the Golden monkey equation has analogous counterparts in the current iteration of Hearthstone. And every single one of those pieces is awful.

People knew that Mysterious Challenger would be an etremely powerful play in the deck where he fit. The concern is that the deck would be watered down with bad cards.

The comparison is laughable.

Pooya

Reno Jackson sounds interesting, you probably can make it work. I wonder what's the mana cost, if it's 4-5 it could be playable.

So far the adventure looks completely awful, I'm sure there will be some cards in that one to last wing that are very good but you have to get all the garbage before it.

bjaelke

Brann Bronzebeard will cause any battlecries that get played while he's active to trigger twice.
I'm very curiousif targeted battle-cries will be affected. My initial thought is they won't. Fire Elemental will deal 6 damage? Black Knight take out two taunt minions?

funkypie

Banned
can't believe the morons that are playing this new tavern. I figured it out on my first try. You have people attacking the boss straight away, he casts assassinate ffs. Or idiots casting buffs on a solo minion that gets assassinated straight away and paladins that don't use hero power to flood the board.

Dahbomb

Some of those Legendaries sound insane.

The Mage card is not that bad but the deck that it fits into is unlikely to get maximum value out of it because it might now draw it in time. Maybe in Freeze Mage as it adds another fireball in your deck. I like it at least but it's still slow.

We found our sixth secret full tree initiated!
You can't have 6 secrets, 5 is the game's cap.

Top Bottom