• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Tagyhag

200px-Shadow_of_Nothing%28582%29.png

I never even knew about this card. Very cool.

manhack

I love that a lot of people thought Elise Starseeker was going to be a gimmick and she is actually viable in Priest and Warrior decks. I've even played her in control rogue, but that deck has issues anyway. I hope this shows how cool the next expansion can be if the H.S. team is firing on all cylinders.

Xanathus

Something important about standard Dragon Priest that I noticed while watching the Scamaz tourney is that without Velen's Chosen their minions can't really trade upwards against a similar mana minion even with the dragon buff. Abusive Sergeant might actually be a good card in the deck especially if it's running Museum Curators because that minion also has no board impact without Velen's.

I love that a lot of people thought Elise Starseeker was going to be a gimmick and she is actually viable in Priest and Warrior decks. I've even played her in control rogue, but that deck has issues anyway. I hope this shows how cool the next expansion can be if the H.S. team is firing on all cylinders.

Have you tried it in paladin? Seems like it could work because paladin doesn't really rely on many spells and turning your unused early games cards like minibot into legendary minions would be supreme.

Something important about standard Dragon Priest that I noticed while watching the Scamaz tourney is that without Velen's Chosen their minions can't really trade upwards against a similar mana minion even with the dragon buff. Abusive Sergeant might actually be a good card in the deck especially if it's running Museum Curators because that minion also has no board impact without Velen's.
Why does that deck run Curators, anyway?

Xanathus

Why does that deck run Curators, anyway?

Personally I don't think it's good in Dragon Priest because as I said it has no board impact and Dragon Priest doesn't have good board clears especially with Lightbomb gone so you can't really afford to play value cards like it. Curator is a value card because it can give you high value minions on top of the 1/2 body so it's good in a control matchup. That's why Control Priest plays it because they can afford to lose board control early on and get it back with Lightbomb and Auchenai Circle.

manhack

Have you tried it in paladin? Seems like it could work because paladin doesn't really rely on many spells and turning your unused early games cards like minibot into legendary minions would be supreme.

Haven't considered paladin. I guess it could work in a fatigue style paladin, but not sure how I'd set it up.

manhack

Too bad Paladin stomps your ass anyway.

Haven't really seen too many paladins, which is nice. 1 in the last 20 games; it was a murloc paladin. I've seen 5 in the last 40 games.

Ranks 15 - 9 are filled with all kinds of decks at the moment.

Oh well done with Shaman and going to keep plugging away on golden rogue.

Haven't really seen too many paladins, which is nice. 1 in the last 20 games; it was a murloc paladin. I've seen 5 in the last 40 games.

Ranks 15 - 9 are filled with all kinds of decks at the moment.

Oh well done with Shaman and going to keep plugging away on golden rogue.

Lucky :/. I was just messing around with inspire Shaman and ran into like 5 secret Paladins in a row lol.

Xanathus

Don't know why people are so herp derp this is Face Hunter brawl, Mage with Animated Armor, Duplicate, Illuminators and Doomsayer will wreck every aggro Deck barring bad draws and possibly Silence. Don't even need Frost Nova because their minions can't attack Doomsayer.

Pooya

I'm starting to think running one copy of conceal isn't such a bad idea these days. Nothing ever sticks against these priests.

gutshot

I've been running a variant of Dragon Priest with Malygos, Emperor and double Mind Blast. It's probably not as consistent as typical Dragon Priest, but it is hilarious when it works.

Apathy

I've been running a variant of Dragon Priest with Malygos, Emperor and double Mind Blast. It's probably not as consistent as typical Dragon Priest, but it is hilarious when it works.

The nice thing is that the variation of which high end dragon you go with isn't completely set in stone. I know most would say go with ysera, but I'm making it work with chromaggus, there's chillmaw possibilities as well. I'm sure most of the high end dragons might find a spot in sometimes version of dragon priest.

Tarazet

The best part about running a mid-range shaman is everyone treats me like an aggro shaman.

I'd like to run something like a mid-range shaman, but the list I tried from Tempostorm felt gutless and like it had no real win conditions, unless I added in Bloodlust.

People in that tournament are running unrefined decks. A lot of experimental stuff that won't survive after this tournament.

I guess they want the chance to acquire a Chillmaw.
I see a lot of priests run it in general, and it doesn't seem that much better than Scarab Beetle.

Dahbomb

I see a lot of priests run it in general, and it doesn't seem that much better than Scarab Beetle.
It's super good on regular Control Priest because you can get Sylvanas, Deathlord, Dark Cultists et. Lots of good Deathrattles.

However, we were talking about the value of Curator in Dragon Priest after Standard format. In Standard, Priest loses Deathlord and Cultist as options which makes Curator weaker overall. And besides for Dragon Priest you want tempo more than card value so dropping a 1/2 on 2 without a way to buff it is weak.

Apathy

obvious explosive trap is obvious.

I spent 5 turns just playing cards but not going for face, and this hunter didn't summon anything either. On 7 he drops boom and emotes at me. I emote back "thank you" and entomb it, and he instantly quits.

Portugeezer

obvious explosive trap is obvious.

I spent 5 turns just playing cards but not going for face, and this hunter didn't summon anything either. On 7 he drops boom and emotes at me. I emote back "thank you" and entomb it, and he instantly quits.

Hunter needs some board clear.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure this brawl is made to test if 30hp is good enough still or not.
This is like the 3rd Brawl they have done this and in all 3 Brawls rushdown/burn damage still prevailed.

Last one was the Blingtron weapon Brawl and everyone just played a face weapon deck.

Though I don't think we are getting 40HP games. Those Brawls needed that extra buff because damage to face was just higher on average. Regular games don't play out like that.

I love it when I drop freezing or misdirection on a board with 2 health enemies then emote spam them into thinking I'm a facer with explosive ready so they waste a turn lol. This is why emotes rule for poker moves like that

Apathy

I love it when I drop freezing or misdirection on a board with 2 health enemies then emote spam them into thinking I'm a facer with explosive ready so they waste a turn lol. This is why emotes rule for poker moves like that

Luckily those moments happen more often than someone calling your bluff. People don't think things through or have some sort of backup plan. Thank god for brash behaviour.

Mixed2k

I won 2 games in a row in a similar way sometime ago.
Mage esportals anubarak, emotes me. I got nothing and there is no way I'm killing the mage in 2 turns, I play my explosive trap and kept on playing as if it was a freezing, killing his other minions and so on. The cool thing is that before the lethal turn the mage had to check the trap anyways only to realize the bluff.

"Your opponent left."

Can't face hunters and secret paladins lose with some dignity?
Me go face.

Me lose with dignity.

I won 2 games in a row in a similar way sometime ago.
Mage esportals anubarak, emotes me. I got nothing and there is no way I'm killing the mage in 2 turns, I play my explosive trap and kept on playing as if it was a freezing, killing his other minions and so on. The cool thing is that before the lethal turn the mage had to check the trap anyways only to realize the bluff.
Does a 9-cost card cost 11 after Freezing Trap?

Top Bottom