• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

georly

VSmUo8M.jpg

Battlecry: Give your C'Thun +2/+2 (wherever it is)

Revealed by Chinese fansite duowan.

Uh those stats tho. You have a 2 mana 2/3, which is competing w/ RIVER CROCOLISK and is objectively better in your c'thun deck than the crock vs this thing, which is now competing against, say, yeti, stat-wise for the same exact battlecry as the 2 mana? At least make it a 4/4. This one won't see as much play, i don't think - unless the only only only win condition for a cthun deck is to blast your opponent to death on turn 10 and you need as much pewpew as possible.

Edit: Disregard:
I missed a keyword in google translate. Divine Shield.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why isn't it a Yeti?

Blizzard why are you making blatantly unplayable cards for the deck you're pushing???

EDIT: Okay that's... not great but more reasonable.

Pooya

I guess it makes sense. You have BoE and Twilight Cultist with base stats for mana to buff your C'Thun. BUT t if you want to buff it beyond those there is a catch, you gotta play minions that have their stats actually heavily penalized now. Presumably there are cards like the druid one that benefit from C'Thun synergy to make up for the lost tempo. Still don't think you want to play this one ever.

edit, it has divine shield? I guess it's not bad. It's strictly better than Silvermoon Guardian though, power creep!!!

That's equivalent to the 3/3 4 mana Divine Shield neutral minion only better because you want more attack than HP on a Divine Shield minion for the trade up value.

You could also say it's a 4 mana version of Scarlet Crusader, but with a long term payoff when you play C'Thun. Seems to be a pretty decent card for the deck that it goes in.

Tacitus_

So it's a Scarlet Crusader with +1/+1 for 1 more mana. Could probably trade for two cards with some help from battlecries.

C'thun zoo pls

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The new card seems pretty good. A 4/2 is a better statline for a divine shield minion than the 3/3 Silvermoon Guardian plus you get the upside of buffing your C'Thun. All the cultists they have shown so far seem to incentivize trading, though, which makes me think aggressive decks will be their natural counter. Seems more and more like these will be midrange decks with C'Thun as a strong finisher.

georly

The new card seems pretty good. A 4/2 is a better statline for a divine shield minion than the 3/3 Silvermoon Guardian plus you get the upside of buffing your C'Thun. All the cultists they have shown so far seem to incentivize trading, though, which makes me think aggressive decks will be their natural counter. Seems more and more like these will be midrange decks with C'Thun as a strong finisher.

Might depend on the class-specific cultists, too. Will determine which classes are best for cthun as well as if different classes have different playstyles.

Edit:

Or control cthun warrior.

Tarazet

Someone added me after a game and didn't tell me to go kill myself. Progress!

I had someone add me after a Patron mirror. I was playing my Patron Flinger deck. I got huge value out of the Flingers, as I find is usual for that card.. finished him on turn 10 with perfect lethal 15 damage from an empty board with Grommash, Inner Rage and Fiery Win Axe. He added me to ask about the deck and LOL'd when I said that it was Patron too.. I just never drew either one of them.

Edit: Totally playing C'Thun Warrior going forward. Nice!

Levi

Banned
Oh damn. That's some serious lifegain, and on a C'Thun card no-less. That is a very serious argument for C'Thun Warrior.

I'm now very curious to see all the class C'Thun cards. I didn't think much of C'Thun decks (Blizzard has pushed Beast Druid, Dragon Paladin, Bolster Warrior a lot and they've not been very good) but C'Thun decks might end up being the real deal.

Acerac

Banned
Blizzard is really doing everything in their power to make C'thun decks viable it seems, without making them completely broken I hope.

Would it be such a horrible thing if Wild meta changed up with the new expansion?

I guess given the changes to the base set it'll be inevitable.

Dahbomb

Seems like Blizzard is rating the 10+ attack on Cthun highly because both the Druid and the Warrior Battlecry effects are very strong.

I wonder if there's a 15+ attack trigger that almost wins you the game.

Pooya

It's very likely you get C'thun to 10 attack by tun 7. Even for the 4 drop, you only need two cultists. Shieldbearer looks more reliable.

Control warrior in wild can become really stupid btw lol.

rukland

So hunter C'thun card will shitty no matter what right? Best case is a MC like effect f for traps but I would guess it will be something really bad.

georly

Seems like Blizzard is rating the 10+ attack on Cthun highly because both the Druid and the Warrior Battlecry effects are very strong.

Would be nice to give those decks more than one win condition (aka, play cthun).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Playing C'Thun?

Seriously though. Once you play C'Thun at that size his impact on the board is as big as deathwing except you don't lose your hand.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm now very curious to see all the class C'Thun cards. I didn't think much of C'Thun decks (Blizzard has pushed Beast Druid, Dragon Paladin, Bolster Warrior a lot and they've not been very good) but C'Thun decks might end up being the real deal.

In all seriousness this is exactly the sort of thing enabled by the Standard format concept. They can really dive deep on the theme and encourage very thematic decks which are viable without having to meticulously support the legacy game.

Obviously we have tons of expansion left to be seen, but this is what most Magic + Hearthstone players were probably hoping for when we heard about the format change.

CJVaughn

Banned
So, we've seen 3 neutral C'Thun support cards and we now know each class will get 1, so 9 total there. That still leaves 4 neutral C'Thun support cards out of the 16 confirmed for the set. Any guesses on the effects there?

So, we've seen 3 neutral C'Thun support cards and we now know each class will get 1, so 9 total there. That still leaves 4 neutral C'Thun support cards out of the 16 confirmed for the set. Any guesses on the effects there?

Judging by what we've seen so far, seems like all the neutral ones will buff/empower C'thun and the class ones will use C'thun to buff themselves or trigger an effect.

Top Bottom