• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Magnus

The Reno Jackson warrior deck recipe is legit. Won a lot of casual games with it, had fun, cleaned up my Warrior 5 win quest. Good times.

Impressive finish with that auchenai play. I would've played it safely but that risk payed off.

The ex-lead dev for Diablo 3. Currently known as the guy who posted "fuck that [diablo 2 dev]" on facebook

Jay Wilson was the director responsible for vanilla D3 which was a mediocre game. After he left the game improved dramatically. When a D2 developer criticized D3, Jay made an inappropriate response to it.
Oh, that guy! I remember not buying D3 because of that. Maybe I should go back and get it at some point, but the idea of console D3 is unappealing.

Free coin? You're literally 1 mana behind for the entire game except for the one power turn provided by the coin.

Flamewanker is just a horrible card that not only enables one of the dumbest, most rng-heavy decks in the game but has also ruined almost every constructed brawl to date.
I think the coin is a GREAT mechanic. Just not the part where it counts as a spell. That provides a situational benefit beyond its intended one.

Bring back the 0/1/1 you got instead of the Coin in alpha. He would be super good
What's this all about?

What's this all about?

184px-Avatar_of_the_Coin(666).png

Ketch

Rogue's forbidden spell should be a combo of some kind.

Combo: for every mana spent deal 1 damage to the enemy hero.

Forbidden sinister strike.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How does this sound for a card

Forbidden Totem Summoning,
Summon a 1/1 Forbidden Totem, give it +1 health for every mana spent. Overload (2)

Forbidden Totem, 1/1
Taunt, +1 Spell damage, adjacent minions have +1 attack, at the end of your turn restore 2HP to all friendly character, 50% chance to draw a card at the start of your turn.

Raxus

Summon a 1/1 Forbidden Totem, give it +1 health for every mana spent. Overload (2)

Forbidden Totem, 1/1
Taunt, +1 Spell damage, adjacent minions have +1 attack, at the end of your turn restore 2HP to all friendly character, 50% chance to draw a card at the start of your turn.

LOL, the card text would be running off the card.

Forbidden Totem, 1/1
Turn 1 coin for this as a 1/3 that heals itself for 2 and might draw me another card. Probably too good. It's basically a suped up Northshire Priest.

I'll be honest, I'd love a card like that because of how confusing it is. It literally does everything and the only thing people would know for sure is that you have to remove it.

You should also give it Taunt, Divine Shield, and Charge.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll be honest, I'd love a card like that because of how confusing it is. It literally does everything and the only thing people would know for sure is that you have to remove it.

You should also give it Taunt, Divine Shield, and Charge.

Why not, lets go full Yugioh
b31641f1.png

Pooya

Secret palys today against me have the exact combination of single cards in the deck for lethal. Boombots going perfectly in the game and even Rag knows where the place is. They mulligan their entire hand in the opening and end up with secrets... that exactly counters my hand. BB is right, see all that skill and decision making.

Tarazet

Master strats at rank 19..

Turn 1 Call Pet
Turn 2 Webspinner, Stranglethorn Tiger
Turn 3 Huffer

No reason not to concede when faced with that and not drawing Execute.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know if I'm just bad, or got really unlucky, but I decided to netdeck a Reno Warlock and went 1-8 with it. I mostly got steamrolled by Tempo mage, lost to druid twice and Paladin Twice. So mostly a bunch of Aggro, and two Druid Combos.

jgminto

I don't know if I'm just bad, or got really unlucky, but I decided to netdeck a Reno Warlock and went 1-8 with it. I mostly got steamrolled by Tempo mage, lost to druid twice and Paladin Twice. So mostly a bunch of Aggro, and two Druid Combos.
What's your list?

Pooya

renolock, you get reno in first 3-4 turns, it's great you can drag the game. you don't get it, you lose to any rush deck. Having a lot of low quality cards is a real problem.

I suggest you to play that anti aggro handlock deck Fibonacci played in winter prelims, it's so much better than reno.

Pooya

They've revealed a class card for druid, warrior, mage, priest, hunter and paladin. I guess we get something for 3 remaining classes in the coming days, could be the legendary. They will probably reveal all the C'Thun cards too before showing the next god. They better have a card tomorrow though, if there is nothing until Sunday and a single card that day then that's just bad.

edit: Actually paladin got two cards, that best class privilege.

edit2: They've revealed 16 cards so far. (out of 134)

We've seen a Hunter card as well, the sandworm.

Only classes without one revealed are Shaman, Rogue and Warlock.

Edit: I'll be very curious to see how many class cards there are for each class in this expansion. So far it seems like a safe assumption that each class will get a Forbidden card and a C'thun card. I wonder if that means more class cards than any expansion before it or if they're just having some of the class cards this set reserved for those two archetypes.

manhack

Congrats on the Silver finish.

Been lazily grinding through Rank 4 with mid-range paladin and suddenly run into a pocket of mid-range and reno paladins. LOL.

I guess the new hero portrait has brought all the paladins out of the word work even more than before.

Top Bottom