• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People also thought Keeper of Uldaman was trash.

Yeah, I was with you up until you said this. I think a lot of people knew that Keeper of Uldaman was a very good card. If there was any dispute, it's that the four slot for Paladins is very competitive and they weren't sure if she would make it in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I was with you up until you said this. I think a lot of people knew that Keeper of Uldaman was a very good card. If there was any dispute, it's that the four slot for Paladins is very competitive and they weren't sure if she would make it in.

Yup. This was also after Murloc Knight was another great 4 drop for them, it's still a super clogged spot and kinda up to the player on what they go for.

While always being insane in arena.

greepoman

That priest card shouĺd'vw Warlock's.

Yea I was thinking about what deck would you be able to use this consistently where you almost always have minions on the board so you can get value right after you draw it and that would be Zoo.

Zoo Priest would have to get a lot more good low mana minions to be feasible otherwise you're just gonna get out-zoo'd by warlock. So if it were a warlock card I think it'd see play.

The card I kept hearing people think was a joke was Anyfin, I don't think anyone really took it seriously and to be fair, it's hard to take that card seriously unless you've seen it work.

Put this thing with one knife juggler is 3 random damage, right? 2KJ is 9? damage?

Depends, but I think so, since Battlecries resolve before the minion is summoned. EG: Dr. Boom dying to Sacred Trial. So you'd play this with a Knife Juggler out, and it would summon another Knife Juggler. KF1 would fire from the 1/1 summons, then they'd both fire from Herald entering play.

Edit: I knew Anyfin Can Happen was going to be insane, but no one took me seriously, and now look at where we are!

Granted, considering what I say on a day to day basis, I don't find it surprising no one takes me seriously.

Papercuts

The card I kept hearing people think was a joke was Anyfin, I don't think anyone really took it seriously and to be fair, it's hard to take that card seriously unless you've seen it work.

I remember seeing the OTK theorycrafted immediately but I dunno if people thought it would seriously work or not.

I guess it is a somewhat similar case to MC where you see the potential in the card but don't know if the shell of the deck can support the supplementary cards without really playing it.

MuggerMD

Banned
With the changes, should a noob buy the black rock adventure? Or just buy classic/grand crusade decks?

(I already bought league of explorers adventure)

ZealousD

I remember seeing the OTK theorycrafted immediately but I dunno if people thought it would seriously work or not.

When Dahbomb and I went back and did a re-review of the LOE cards on stream I did my homework on four different streamers to see if they realized the combo existed. Neither Trump, Kripp, Kolento, nor Kibler realized that the combo was a thing that existed. Kripp learned about it on a re-review but I don't think he took it seriously. So the potential of the card was really not obvious. And I don't even think Blizzard realized the potential of the card, otherwise they wouldn't have printed it.

Papercuts

When Dahbomb and I went back and did a re-review of the LOE cards on stream I did my homework on four different streamers to see if they realized the combo existed. Neither Trump, Kripp, Kolento, nor Kibler realized that the combo was a thing that existed. Kripp learned about it on a re-review but I don't think he took it seriously. So the potential of the card was really not obvious. And I don't even think Blizzard realized the potential of the card, otherwise they wouldn't have printed it.

Ah, I remember seeing the talk about it via reddit comments, don't remember how bigger streamers took it.

Though yeah, I don't know how it slipped by Blizzard right after trying to neuter patron.

Brofist

Corrupted infested Tauren is bad. Spending your turn 4 to put a 2/3 on the board is a great way to lose the game, regardless of whatever token pops out when it dies. It doesn't even trade with yeti.

Also, indirect nerf to museum curator.

Kinda like that terrible Defender of Argus card that loses games and never gets played /kappa

Kinda like that terrible Defender of Argus card that loses games and never gets played /kappa

As long as there's 2 other minions on the board Argus gives you 2 taunts and +2/+2(which can enable better trading) immediately, it just has more presence. a 2/3 gets killed really easily and the 2/2 is relevant but not relevant enough because the lack of taunt.

I know I am saving my extra Juggler and Leper Gnome for next month! :)

It's tempting to craft Classic packs in hopes of getting Alex or something else that will provide good value. The other thought in my head says to save for the expansion.

I know I am saving my extra Juggler and Leper Gnome for next month! :)

It's tempting to craft Classic packs in hopes of getting Alex or something else that will provide good value. The other thought in my head says to save for the expansion.

I haven't dusted any extra cards since they announced that nerfs were coming

I guess Gallywix still has that surprise factor.

Messing around with an Elise Rogue I built and I drop Gallywix. Priest has no clue what to do, proceeds to give me like three different spells before conceding.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I really feel the corrupted theme is super boring. I'm hoping a few good cards come out of it, but evil version of Classic/GvG cards is really dull.

Tarazet

Herald Volzaj or however you spell it has at least one decent advantage over a Faceless Manipulator. You get a new body.

So at minimum you are getting 6/6 stats for a 6 mana (split across 2 bodies) which is pretty good when you already have 1 body already on the board. Getting a 5/5 body for 6 mana is pretty weak so you really rely on getting something good out of the extra 1/1. You have to wonder if they will print some some interesting deathrattles or active abilities on cheap minions this set. Because this won't do anything if your minions have battlecries.

I can see it being similar to Raptor, but better because it can copy text and battlecries. Thalnos + Herald + double Mind Blast = 14 damage out of hand for 10 mana, which is in line with what a deck like Patron Warrior can do on an empty board.

I can see it being similar to Raptor, but better because it can copy text and battlecries. Thalnos + Herald + double Mind Blast = 14 damage out of hand for 10 mana, which is in line with what a deck like Patron Warrior can do on an empty board.

Isn't that 12 mana? 2 for Thalnos, 6 for Herald, 2 for each Mind Blast.

Cat Party

Well shit, did they nerf that at some point? I could have sworn that it was cheaper..

Must devise another dastardly way to abuse Herald.. mutter mutter..

I suppose there is still Thaurissan, for now.
You're probably thinking of sinister strike, which only costs 1.

Apathy

Well shit, did they nerf that at some point? I could have sworn that it was cheaper..

Must devise another dastardly way to abuse Herald.. mutter mutter..

I suppose there is still Thaurissan, for now.

Even emp, how many times does someone just leave him up 2 turns? Unless you're really far ahead, he's an instant kill target. If he's up for a second turn so you can use the new legendary, you're already way too far ahead.

ZealousD

Fuck Blizzard for ever printing Thaurissan.

Remove immediately or lose the game sure is a great mechanic. Idiots.

I have no idea why the effect is not a battlecry. People try and say making it a battlecry wouldn't be that big of a nerf but I've definitely been in situations where I would have felt much more comfortable if I didn't have to remove him immediately after he was played. Or I was in a situation where I couldn't remove him.

Tarazet

I have no idea why the effect is not a battlecry. People try and say making it a battlecry wouldn't be that big of a nerf but I've definitely been in situations where I would have felt much more comfortable if I didn't have to remove him immediately after he was played. Or I was in a situation where I couldn't remove him.

There's no question, making him a battlecry would be a monster nerf. They could also make him tick at the beginning of your next turn, which is how they dealt with the Nat Pagle problem.

Apathy

Well it's not a battlecry because they wanted the effect to continue and make him a threat. If it were just a battlecry and that's it OK, it does is work but isn't the threat he is now. Personally I would prefer the effect only worked on minions and not spells, but that's way too big of a nerf (although it would stop stupid one turn freeze mage kill from 19 or 22)

The card is just garbage for the game anyway. All it's used for is to either make bullshit combos that have no business working work or get like 9+ mana worth of value in a single turn from a full hand.

I'll be so glad when BRM rotates out and that card along with it.

Cat Party

Well it's not a battlecry because they wanted the effect to continue and make him a threat. If it were just a battlecry and that's it OK, it does is work but isn't the threat he is now. Personally I would prefer the effect only worked on minions and not spells, but that's way too big of a nerf (although it would stop stupid one turn freeze mage kill from 19 or 22)
Imo, it shouldn't reduce cards below 1. Keep mages from getting zero mana spells.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, Thaurissan is a big contender to be nerfed even after BRM gets rotated out. He feels like he will be an issue in wild until he is nerfed.

I'd personally like his effect to just be a battle cry, rather then a Nat Pagle effect. I think if it was like Nat, it would be unplayable, where as a battle cry he would still be strong but not as OP.

Owzers

Yeah, Thaurissan is a big contender to be nerfed even after BRM gets rotated out. He feels like he will be an issue in wild until he is nerfed.

I'd personally like his effect to just be a battle cry, rather then a Nat Pagle effect. I think if it was like Nat, it would be unplayable, where as a battle cry he would still be strong but not as OP.

There are no issues in wild, only death.

Sande

Honestly even one tick of Thaurissan is game winning a lot of the time. It should just be at the beginning of your turn so it wouldn't automatically get the insane value. That or have stats that reflect the insane card text. It's currently statted like some super niche tech card even though it (almost) always lands with a huge impact.

Making it a battlecry would be pretty good too. At least you wouldn't have to remove it at all costs.

Well it's not a battlecry because they wanted the effect to continue and make him a threat. If it were just a battlecry and that's it OK, it does is work but isn't the threat he is now.
But that's just insane. A 6 mana card shouldn't have up to 13 mana value on the turn it's played and continue to be a huge threat on every turn after that. It's pretty hilarious how cautious Blizzard has been with most cards in recent add-ons but randomly throw in a couple of cards that disregard every design principle.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are no issues in wild, only death.

I think people are crazy to think Wild is just going to be a Graveyard and unplayed, I think its going to be very active and the more interesting format. Plus, it will likely be easier to justify nerfing a card that is wild only, rather then one that is in standard play.

Tarazet

As long as the battlecry still makes the tick happen after you end your turn, it's sensible. The Nat Pagle approach is extreme, and having him Hexed would be crushing.

Owzers

I think people are crazy to think Wild is just going to be a Graveyard and unplayed, I think its going to be very active and the more interesting format. Plus, it will likely be easier to justify nerfing a card that is wild only, rather then one that is in standard play.

That wasn't to imply wild will be empty, i think people will enjoy playing crazy decks with any broken combination they can find, i doubt Blizzard will be interested in nerfing any combo that doesn't directly effect standard, and even then i presume they'll be slow.

Apathy

I'm starting to not care about the god cards since they are being dripped out, specially with them being meh so far. I had totally forgotten about the nerfs, that's what I'm actually most interested in now after these have failed to impress.

Owzers

I'm starting to not care about the god cards since they are being dripped out, specially with them being meh so far. I had totally forgotten about the nerfs, that's what I'm actually most interested in now after these have failed to impress.

i'm intrigued about C'thun reno warlock the most, if i had the dust, c'thun warrior.

NBtoaster

That Priest card is pretty good. It's not hard at all for Priests to have minions on the board on 6. People are way too eager to call new stuff bad.

Top Bottom