• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dre

Just played a Patron Warrior who played Warsong Commander into Unstable Ghoul without being able to suicide it into my minions. He then hovered over Warsong like a minute before conceding. That game was hilarious.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Full summary: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1083-tavern-brawls-and-open-q-a-blizzcon-2015-live

Here's a few highlights (quotes from the article):

• They didn't have time to re-engineer the game to make the first co-op brawl very different from regular play, yet they wanted to get it out this year. That's why Mechazod floats between the sides of the board rather than having his own space.
  • They like to create build around cards, especially when they encourage you to use weaker cards. Mysterious Challenger.
  • They're watching Mysterious Challenger closely.
  • Now with Patron Warrior out of the way, players can make decks to fight against secret paladin.
  • They try to split releasing content from releasing features to limit the risk with huge patches.
  • They really like the idea of tournaments in the game, but they aren't sure what exactly tournaments would be. They do talk about it though.
  • They have a couple of patches planned before the content release after The League of Explorers.
  • They wanted to add more rewards of Classic Packs to help catch people up on the collection.
  • Not a ton of super positive feedback with the arena pack reward, they're looking at it still.
  • Its possible they could create different ranked systems of play, but no current plans to announce.
  • -----Yong Woo has threatened Ben Brode with beatings due to this comment.
  • Digital-only can let them do a lot with formats, announcements soon, they're planning on radical stuff.

bjaelke

They've been watching Dr. Boom closely for some time. In the Q&A sessions put a lot of focus on the community finding a good counter. "it is still very early" and "we saw decks that were made to counter patron"

Dahbomb

They've been watching Dr. Boom closely for some time. In the Q&A sessions put a lot of focus on the community finding a good counter. "it is still very early" and "we saw decks that were made to counter patron"
Community found Patron counters but we nerfed it anyway.

It's stuff like that doesn'the inspire confidence in Blizzard. MC is going to be the same, some counter decks are being played like Freeze Mage, Oil and Patron but the counters aren't strong enough to lower the dominance.

"Watching MC closely" is of course code talk for "prepare yourself, nerfs are coming".

In 4-6 months

"It's up to you to find a counter to the bullshit OP card we never should have put into the game as it currently is. In the meantime, we will twiddle our thumbs for several months before we nerf the ever loving fuck out of it"

It's almost like we have seen this exact situation play out several times already

G.ZZZ

Not too far off from announcing some rather radical stuff regarding the format (MtG's legacy, standard, modern edition).

2 mana minions are not designed with Shredder in mind.

I FUCKING CAME
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

inky

Thijs with the comeback?

And LOL, in the how balanced is Dr. Balanced stories of the day, here's mine:

Opponent has Flamewalker + Doctor Balanced in the board (with bots), I have a 2-1 minion. Attack face, play Brawl, Dr. Balanced survives (lol 20%), bots hit face each for 4. Managed to Taskmaster + Execute a turn after his next (which was always the last resort plan I guess) but that fucking 8 damage meant I lost to top dick Fireball next turn anyways. GG

"watching closely "my ass.

In 4-6 months

"It's up to you to find a counter to the bullshit OP card we never should have put into the game as it currently is. In the meantime, we will twiddle our thumbs for several months before we nerf the ever loving fuck out of it"

It's almost like we have seen this exact situation play out several times already

We have seen the exact situation play out many many times and only a few times have they nerfed cards.

Its utterly frustrating that Blizzard ignores one of the biggest perks of a digital card game - that they can nerf shit liberally without having to reprint or ban anything. Baffling.

Dahbomb

What hasn't been nerfed besides Dr. Boom?
I think they talked about Emperor like that for a bit but it never felt like they would nerf it.

Main reason given for no Boom nerf was that they don't want to make new players feel bad for spending all that dust on him and then it gets nerfed. Plus they like that there's a powerful 7 drop Legendary in the game.

inky

Has Blizzard ever said they were ever keeping a close eye on Mad Scientist?

I don't think so. I imagine they figure secrets wouldn't be played otherwise.

I still think it is an unfair card, and it definitely limits the "design space" or whatever they call it. Give everyone secrets, then it might be OK.

squidyj

There was a control warrior vs fatigue mage match a long time back that was super crazy but I can't remember who was playing. Anyone remember that one?

Some Warrior just used a deathwing on me in constructed. That's a first. The best part was I was trying out the reincarnate shaman build and had sylvanis/reincarnate in my hand. Amazing.

So couple hours until the hearthstone world championship starts. Who do you think will win?

t1446839100z4.png

Kibler's prediction http://bmkgaming.com/hearthstone-world-championship-blizzcon-top-8-predictions/

Mine:
thijs advances
ostkaka advances
ostkaka beats thijs in semi-final A

kno advances
hotform advances
hotform beats kno in semi-final B

hotform beats ostkaka for the blizcon world champ in finals

edit:
Wrote thijs instead of ostkaka in the finals by mistake.

I am 6 for 6 in predictions so far. Will hotform beat ostkaka to make my prediction perfect?

I feel like Kno was way to cautious in some of the previous games.

he should've played like a real hearthstone player and swiped face that turn instead of playing it safe with the FoN

you don't win the game by killing his minions, you win by hitting him for 30
SMOrc.png

Top Bottom