• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Anyfin Can Happen sounds a lot of fun due to charge.
If it resurrects and Old Murk-Eye the other murlocs should buff it up above 10 attack and you may have a buffed Bluegill warrior on top of that for another 5 or so damage.
That's just the murlocs without any knife jugglers and weapons adding to the fun.

It's a Paladin card right? Are they trying to make Murlocadin a thing?

Pooya

Is there any counter to that Paladin Mysterious Challenger thing that puts EVERY copy of their secrets into the battlefield?

It wrecks everything at turn 6.

Yes, play Mysterious Challenger before your opponent does.

Or that you can try to have a notable board by turn 6 against paladin, make sure you have BGH and hope that avenge ends up on MC. You can play priest also with double lightbomb.

sibarraz

Banned
Ben Brode just clarified that if you had Bann on board and you target a character with a battlecry, it will target him twice

inky

Salty mf roped me that last turn, lol.

hearthstone2015-11-07cpppz.png

fuck your secrets

Flare, but even that is a soft counter.

There's just no effing way.

I dont want to have to build a Hunter deck just for this but it seems I have to if I want to get past rank 12.

I just played a Paladin who decided to play ANOTHER mysterious challenger after I revealed all but one of his secrets.

The Mysterious Challenger being a 6/6 drop just adds insult to injury. That card should be much easier to remove, but it's hell. Especially with Avenge acting as a secret.

I think I hit my limit with this deck.

bjaelke

I've fallen so far down the ladder that I'm now facing Rogues and Shamans. That's what you get for trying out unconventional stuff.

Pooya

Ben Brode just clarified that if you had Bann on board and you target a character with a battlecry, it will target him twice

if Combo counted as battlecry I would run it in rogue. if Edwin, SI7 and other worked with it, it would be sick. I'm not sure why Edwin reads combo anyway, could very well be battlecry.

Farseers healing for 6 or azure drake drawing two cards is pretty good I guess.

JoeMartin

I just haven't come across any rogues before dropping down to rank 10 (and below). A forgotten class outside arena.

Oil has made an impressive showing at Blizzcon and that's definitely being reflected in the ladder. Seen more than a few in the last two weeks.

Looking at some of these cards, and I have to say that I am really impressed with them and how creative they are, as well as how they respond to the meta. Warrior and rogue got a huge help with class cards, and some of the neutrals are extremely strong for their classes as well, specifically the naga seawitch. That cards is the kind of "ramp" that control decks have needed for a long time. That one card is going to be a meta-breaker, no doubt about it. I thought this adventure would be a bit more throw away given how TGT worked, but this should be pretty big.

Also, gotta hand it to blizzard, announcing it a week before F2P players can save up enough money top kek. I should have enough because I started saving before Blizzcon, but yeah, pretty scummy.

A couple weeks ago I felt like my luck would have ran dry so I thought about saving up gold for new expansions. I didn't. And my luck had held up too, lol. But 3k+ dust ain't gonna get me league lol.

Still no regrets. Earning gold for the adventures is easy enough and you can do it even if you start right now from scratch... and a bit of elbow grease. I also don't mind not getting the wings the day of release.

Would anyone please explain me why every fucking druid says "well played" before playing that fucking retarded combo?
It's the most annoying shit ever and makes me want to punch them in the face.

bjaelke

Fireside Chat starting in 15 minutes.
Pull up a chair with members of the Hearthstone design team to hear how Tavern Brawls come together, and then join us for open Q&A with the team.
Lots of unanswered questions atm

V-Faction

if Combo counted as battlecry I would run it in rogue. if Edwin, SI7 and other worked with it, it would be sick. I'm not sure why Edwin reads combo anyway, could very well be battlecry.

Farseers healing for 6 or azure drake drawing two cards is pretty good I guess.

Brann is definitely going to be a high-priority removal target, just like Emperor. Damn Dwarves and their overpoweredness!

Some combos with him are going to be impossible not to try, like heals (Farseer, Voodoo, Healbot), damage (Bombs, Riflemen, Corruptors, Elementals), and draws (Engineers, Drakes).

Other combos seem really weird. How does Loatheb work I wonder? Will it be a cost increase of (5) and (5) or simply 5 total? Same with Fencing Coach in reducing costs.

BB + MCT, I can't wait to try that combo.

Pooya

Mirace Rogue PogChamp. Too bad I had 30+ armor playing patron warrior. FeelsBadMan, I was tempted to give him the win.

Raytow

Brann is definitely going to be a high-priority removal target, just like Emperor. Damn Dwarves and their overpoweredness!

Some combos with him are going to be impossible not to try, like heals (Farseer, Voodoo, Healbot), damage (Bombs, Riflemen, Corruptors, Elementals), and draws (Engineers, Drakes).

Other combos seem really weird. How does Loatheb work I wonder? Will it be a cost increase of (5) and (5) or simply 5 total? Same with Fencing Coach in reducing costs.

BB + MCT, I can't wait to try that combo.
I guess Handlock gets some nifty tools with him and that 7 7 4 mana minion.

Dahbomb

How does Brann work with Deathratte?

Like if you target a Shredder with Fire elemental with Brann up do you hit the Shredder twice or do you hit the Shredder then hit the spawned minion?

Slashlen

I imagine you just hit the Shredder twice. The other way might cause weird things for cards like Highmane which spawn multiple creatures.

zoukka

Like if you target a Shredder with Fire elemental with Brann up do you hit the Shredder twice or do you hit the Shredder then hit the spawned minion?

I imagine it just hits once, since other chain damage effects stop at lethal no?

bjaelke

Randomonium is by far the most popular/played Tavern Brawl so far.

New brawl next week is a repeat of Rag vs Nefarian but Nef starts with one less mana crystal.

Dahbomb

Randomonium is by far the most popular/played Tavern Brawl so far.

New brawl next week is a repeat of Rag vs Nefarian but Nef starts with one less mana crystal.
That would probably make that Brawl balanced, still slightly in Nef's favor if he gets RNG on his side or a god draw.

bjaelke

There is a separate matchmaking system for new players so they don't get matched up against seasoned opponents. This however only lasts for a few games. New initiatives will be announced in the coming months.

Gold cards in arena is not a priority.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

If I have studied up on my Hearthstone Science, the first battlecry would put a "to be destroyed" tag on the shredder that would not be resolved until the next death phase, which would be after the battlecry phase. So you'll overkill the shredder without killing what pops out.

bjaelke

Blizzard considering having a tournament mode in one of the future Tavern Brawls to see how it would work in the client.

Arena will have an exclamation mark over the heroes which you have active quests for.

Deck slots are being worked on.

There is a separate matchmaking system for new players so they don't get matched up against seasoned opponents. This however only lasts for a few games. New initiatives will be announced in the coming months.

Gold cards in arena is not a priority.

That's one step forward. Now just need to make Naxx free.

Blizzard considering having a tournament mode in one of the future Tavern Brawls to see how it would work in the client.

Arena will have an exclamation mark over the heroes which you have active quests for.

Deck slots are being worked on.

Must be rocket science or they are too busy designing useless murloc cards.

inky

Must be rocket science or they are too busy designing useless murloc cards.

My guess is their current UI is not scalable, so they have to do tons of new art for it AND figure out how many they will allow, if they will sell them, etc. Then Blizzard probably has to iterate on different ideas, pass it around for final approval, test it and then wait to see if people still want them in 2017 or not.

bjaelke

Not too far off from announcing some rather radical stuff regarding the format (MtG's legacy, standard, modern edition).

2 mana minions are not designed with Shredder in mind.

the hearthstone client/engine always seemed like it was on the verge of imploding, and never designed to handle a game that got this big and this complicated

it's like one of those pictures where like 40 cords are plugged into a single wall socket via a dozen splitters

I'm not really for multiple formats, I'd rather see them nerf shredder or problematic cards before that. 3/3 or 4/2 seems fine tbh. They could still be ran in some deathrattle synergy decks I think, but maybe none existing at this moment.

Top Bottom