• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
Rouge finals
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Dragner

Hotform is a good player but IMO not near Ostkaka skill, Thijs vs Ostkaka was the anticipated final, but with RNGsus you never know...

Thank god, I knew Ostkaka had it.

But somewhere, deep in my heart, I was afraid Hotform would RNG to victory with Tempo.

I figured this tournament would end Kranich vs Ostkaka with Ostkaka to win. Pretty far off on one end.

Dahbomb

Well played by Ostkaka, really solid anti meta deck selection and well piloted as well. All of those decks were difficult to play in general.

I will say that because the Warsong nerf happened so recently, many players didn't really try to switch over to Secret Paladin. Those who did manage to get some easy wins but due to the format it's not how well you do with one deck but 3.

Pooya

Thijs and Ostkaka were in a whole another tier than the rest, they rolled over everyone else. Brackets ruined the final match.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They haven't added a lot of high powered spells for Rogue since Oil. I guess they are scared of Prep too much.

Oh god don't clue them in on the design space issues.

Dragner

Prep is on the danger side of being broken as more spells are developed, and blizzard knows it, knowadays rogue gets mostly gimicky spells (burgle, beneath the grounds) than anything.

Magnus

Prep is on the danger side of being broken as more spells are developed, and blizzard knows it, knowadays rogue gets mostly gimicky spells (burgle, beneath the grounds) than anything.

Yeah, I think it might become another Warsong; nerfed eventually, to ALLOW for new great cards that won't end up becoming broken based on Prep's design.

Dahbomb

It's not like they haven't added powerful Druid minions as of late like Savage Combatant despite having Innervate. I think it's more like they are trying to force a specific archetype on Rogues with these spells rather than specifically designing around Prep.

Pooya

Yeah, I think it might become another Warsong; nerfed eventually, to ALLOW for new great cards that won't end up becoming broken based on Prep's design.

well prep only works on rogue spells, so it's a contained situation while warsong affected every neutral minion. They will just keep printing bad spells for rogue instead, actually in this set there are no rogue spells instead we have 3 minions while every other class gets 2 minions and one spell...

Dahbomb

maybe if prep had text like "the first spell you cast next turn", since it seems closer to what you'd think the card would do
Innervate is way worse than Prep for the game. Prep is only really good with like a couple of spells (Sprint and Oil) and they are contained to Rogue spells. It's not like you can draw Prep in the opening hand and potentially win off of it by playing a spell on turn 1.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's been two years and to my knowledge they've never even remotely mentioned concern about Prep or Innervate.

I really doubt they care. They view them as the nature of the classes (combo enablers and mana manipulation).

They view them as the nature of the classes (combo enablers and mana manipulation).

As they should. Those cards are great for keeping the classes unique.

The better solution to not being able to add more cards, is adding a new class. That is the one thing that would really change Hearthstone up again.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am not even saying they do anything about that. Just pointed out the lack of good Rogue spells since GvG.

Usually class cards are very unlikely to get changed but like Warsong, something like FoN could get changed. Blizzard definitely isn't too keen on charge mechanics.

The difference is rogue's spells have not gotten much better. While minions continually have improved over time. Back in classic innervating out a big minion on turn 1 wasn't a big deal. Now shredder is kind of a big deal on turn 1. It is as much pressure as a yeti but stickier. And then there is dr. boom and ET.

Meanwhile, rogue has gotten sword oil... and that is almost it. There are a couple more spells. like burgle and sabotage, but not particularly great. Sabotage would be better at 3 mana and even burgle would've been fine with a cost reduction. But the important thing to note is that innervate has gotten stronger over time while preparation just slightly stronger at gvg and almost none at all since. No new spells in LOE either.

gutshot

Besides Muster for Battle has there been a better spell released since launch than Oil? I would say Rogues are doing a lot better than other classes which have had almost all trash spells.

Zoggy

As they should. Those cards are great for keeping the classes unique.

The better solution to not being able to add more cards, is adding a new class. That is the one thing that would really change Hearthstone up again.

deathknight you start out with 55 legendaries

Besides Muster for Battle has there been a better spell released since launch than Oil? I would say Rogues are doing a lot better than other classes which have had almost all trash spells.

There are a lot of good spells. Lightbomb, implosion, crackle, velen's chosen, living roots, bash, revenge... these come to mind at least. There are probably more. Probably a couple haven't found a deck yet but definitely can find one, like mulch.

Echo of mediev
effigy
flamecannon

I feel like there have been a lot of high quality spells mostly across the board.

Dahbomb

Living Roots, Bash, Unstable GG, Implosion, Velens, Light Bomb, Quick Shot, Powershot, Healing Wave, Elemental Destruction, Effigy.

Maybe not better than Oil but they have added some good spells since release. Problem is that classes like Hunter and Druid don't give a crap about good non face damage spells so even if they get good spells they just don't get used (like Mulch and Powershot).

Miletius

Rogue's core package of spells has not changed very much since Oil. Backstab, Evis, Prep, Sprint, Blade Flurry, and sap are all still part of the combo package that rogue runs, and that hasn't really changed since classic. Add in FoK and Shiv and you've basically got the complete rogue spell list.

I think rogue is a powerful class and they are often underrated. But they haven't had the development that other classes have had and thus they just feel like they haven't been innovated on in a long time. Hopefully this upcoming adventure will change that.

Top Bottom