• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

And it caused a double death? Would it be a tie?
I'm confused on how this makes getting a double death any easier. Maybe with Eye for an Eye I guess since you'll hit the Paladin for 2 but take 4.

I'm pretty sure any time both heroes die at the same time, it's always a tie.

shira

I'm confused on how this makes getting a double death any easier. Maybe with Eye for an Eye I guess since you'll hit the Paladin for 2 but take 4.

I'm pretty sure any time both heroes die at the same time, it's always a tie.

Ok thanks, I've never played a tie before.

The Adder

Banned
Summoning Stone might be situationally okay in Priest.

Summoning Stone => Inner Fire.

That's a 6/6 for 5 mana + a 1 drop.

I'm going to try a 1 of at least.

zoukka

Thijs says freezemage is getting a huge buff with the set, I've been telling you guys that :p torch is doing work on his stream. Reno Jackson to join soon!

Lol don't worry, after league they will delete freeze mage just as they have done to any good combo decks in HS history. Play it while you can.

Majine

Banned
Discover seems like an awesome mechanic with a lot of strategic depth to it. Kinda shame it's limited to such few cards.

Kangi

I just played Face Hunter for the first time so I could get a Hunter quest done.

... The filth won't wash away. Out, damned spot! Out, I say!

tumblr_inline_nwwts4DrjT1tz5wkh_540.gif

So much midrange paladin right now and Control Warrior officially dead again. Hopefully the new adventure makes people forget about it for a couple of weeks.

zoukka

So much midrange paladin right now and Control Warrior officially dead again. Hopefully the new adventure makes people forget about it for a couple of weeks.

I hope Rogue climbs back to Tier 1 or even 2.

Though with secret pally in the meta, I'm not sure if Rogue can ever be truly good.

Pooya

Patron is secretly the tier 1 deck. It's been working very well for me. I play my own list, I don't like dread corsairs, I play a more control oriented deck it's just that instead of losing to midrange paladin like control warrior does, I roll them over.

It destroys every aggro deck, specially druid. Handlock is a very good match up now actually. If control warrior is really not all that common it's easy climbing wit patron, even priest is manageable with some tech cards like brawl or Sylvanas. Freezemage is easy win too if you know how to play that match up. I haven't felt more comfortable with a deck than I do with my patron list ever, I feel I can beat anything as long as it's not CW...

Everytime I q as rogue, I just get control warrior after control warrior, so I'm not sure CW is quite dead yet.

georly

What would happen if you used this card
rcNs5Ke.png

And it caused a double death? Would it be a tie?

Best card to give your opponent with blingtron, nomnomnom

Sad no new pirates, but I guess they didn't really fit the theme.

Really hope next expac has a lot lot lot of pirates.

zoukka

facepalm.gif

Okay, believe what you want.

I just assumed this was generally understood. I mean, look at blizcon, double rogue in finals was not a mistake.

Well Blizzcon isn't ladder.

And I have some experience playing Oil and tempo rogues in the current meta and my experiences with secret paladin aren't as nice as yours. Minibots, avenge and redemption are very annoying to deal with and often require you to take a lot of face damage with no real tempo advantage. There is no easy way to clear MC and noble sac is actually really good against rogue since you often have a buffed weapon you cannot use to clear it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well Blizzcon isn't ladder.

And I have some experience playing Oil and tempo rogues in the current meta and my experiences with secret paladin aren't as nice as yours. Minibots, avenge and redemption are very annoying to deal with and often require you to take a lot of face damage with no real tempo advantage. There is no easy way to clear MC and noble sac is actually really good against rogue since you often have a buffed weapon you cannot use to clear it.

The ladder has had Rogue being shit on so long people haven't up taken to the fact that it might not suck now. I've thought this for a while.

Like nobody plays Shaman on ladder. So if Shaman got buffed would anyone actually notice? LoL

zoukka

The ladder has had Rogue being shit on so long people haven't up taken to the fact that it might not suck now. I've thought this for a while.

Like nobody plays Shaman on ladder. So if Shaman got buffed would anyone actually notice? LoL

Oil used to be Tier 1 deck I think. Now it feels like garbage thanks to MC.

Pooya

Oil Rogue was the tier 1 deck after GvG, all the pro players and the usual lists had it as the top deck even for a long time. Until BRM launched and even after that it was good for a while, then patron became the deck to beat, now rogue actually did pretty well against the old patron but everyone started running Harrison, Ooze and water elementals that didn't really counter patron much but pretty much killed off rogue from the ladder. Now meta looks better for rogue again that anti weapon cards are out. I haven't seen Harrison in a while, it was like the card two months ago.

Dahbomb

Yeah you can't look at Blizzcon finals for much because:

* Different format than ladders. You don't need decks that are the best but decks that can win at least a game against the field.

*Even if you brought in a broken deck and it had a 100% winrate, that will never carry you because you need to win with your other decks. That's what happened with the Secret Paladin deck, it pretty much always won but the other decks in the load out didn't.

*Blizzard nerfed a card less than a month before finals which up ended the meta. Lots of players had been practicing Grim Patron and Druid deck prior to Blizzcon and very few people practiced Paladin. So after the nerf people went with their comfort picks rather than hoppin on the Secret Paladin bandwagon.

*Tournament meta isn't the same as ladder meta. In tournament meta you can run 6 1 drops in a Priest deck and run double BGH in Control Warrior but that doesn't fly in larder because you can't directly target specific players/decks on ladders, you want to maximize consistency.

So I understand there's no pre-order for the new expansion, but once available for purchase are we going to buy all the wings in one package for a small discount or do we have to buy them piecemeal?

Yeah you can't look at Blizzcon finals for much because:

* Different format than ladders. You don't need decks that are the best but decks that can win at least a game against the field.

*Even if you brought in a broken deck and it had a 100% winrate, that will never carry you because you need to win with your other decks. That's what happened with the Secret Paladin deck, it pretty much always won but the other decks in the load out didn't.

*Blizzard nerfed a card less than a month before finals which up ended the meta. Lots of players had been practicing Grim Patron and Druid deck prior to Blizzcon and very few people practiced Paladin. So after the nerf people went with their comfort picks rather than hoppin on the Secret Paladin bandwagon.

*Tournament meta isn't the same as ladder meta. In tournament meta you can run 6 1 drops in a Priest deck and run double BGH in Control Warrior but that doesn't fly in larder because you can't directly target specific players/decks on ladders, you want to maximize consistency.

You can't completely ignore blizcon either. Not just the finals but the group stages as well.

The entire reason people brought rogue was to counter decks like secret paladin. To hear someone say that rogue isn't popular on ladder because of secret paladin makes me think I woke up in bizzaro world.

Someone has played some rogue on ladder and they think they know the match ups, but chances are they just aren't good with one of the higher skill cap decks in the game. Secret paladin, especially mysterious challenger which just gets sapped after proccing secrets, is favored for rogues.

JesseZao

What's the best deck tracker?

Hearthstone Deck Tracker most likely.

So I understand there's no pre-order for the new expansion, but once available for purchase are we going to buy all the wings in one package for a small discount or do we have to buy them piecemeal?

If it's like the other ones, you can buy everything remaining at once with cash ($2 discount per wing), but only the current week with gold.

zoukka

You can't completely ignore blizcon either. Not just the finals but the group stages as well.

The entire reason people brought rogue was to counter decks like secret paladin. To hear someone say that rogue isn't popular on ladder because of secret paladin makes me think I woke up in bizzaro world.

Someone has played some rogue on ladder and they think they know the match ups, but chances are they just aren't good with one of the higher skill cap decks in the game. Secret paladin, especially mysterious challenger which just gets sapped after proccing secrets, is favored for rogues.

Again, if rogue indeed "countered" the best deck in the meta, it wouldn't be rated so low and played so little. You are the exception here not me.

Dahbomb

Group stages was Grim Patron, Druid and Handlock city.

Edit: Oh wait I thought you meant qualifier groups for some reason. In group stages many Secret Paladins got easy wins but it was their other decks that let them down. There weren't that many Secret Paladin vs Rogue matches to come up with a solid conclusion.

Not that I don't believe Rogue works well against it but if anything group stages also showed how strong Secret Paladin was. In one of the days Secret Paladin was completely undefeated.

Again, if rogue indeed "countered" the best deck in the meta, it wouldn't be rated so low and played so little. You are the exception here not me.

Rogue, unlike the best decks in the meta, actually requires a degree of skill to play making it a no go for the majority of players who are used to "play things on curve; win". Mr. Yagut hit ran from 18 or so to Rank #1 Legend with an almost 90% win rate this season. Absolutely monstrous. Rogue has Fan of Knives and Blade Flurry to deal with obnoxious boards, effectively deals with Minibot (Weapon, Backstab/SI7), and Mysterious Challenger can typically be killed without a hitch.

Also, played so little? StrifeCro, JustSaiyan, Yagut, and Hotform were all running it on ladder with a lot of success. Not to mention the recent success it saw in the World Championship (which is different from ladder, admittedly.)

yea ive won both times as rag. but man is it butt clenching since nef gets that pay 2 mana cast any spell for free. Got lucky the first game and had both core hounds. second game was a bit closer but having baron geddon up for like 3 turns saved my ass

Top Bottom