• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

greepoman

Rogue, unlike the best decks in the meta, actually requires a degree of skill to play making it a no go for the majority of players who are used to "play things on curve; win". Mr. Yagut hit ran from 18 or so to Rank #1 Legend with an almost 90% win rate this season.

That's top of the ladder though. Rogue is my favorite so I watch a lot of Mr Yagut because he plays so much of it...but had to switch off a lot this month cause he switched off rogue to rank up to legend every time I tuned in.

Some of the advantage of rogue is there are lots of people who have no clue how to play against it. Even at rank 5 I have people leaving my minions alive when they could easily clear, overcommitting buffs on something that just gets sapped, etc. Mistakes no one used to make when Rogue was popular.

yea ive won both times as rag. but man is it butt clenching since nef gets that pay 2 mana cast any spell for free. Got lucky the first game and had both core hounds. second game was a bit closer but having baron geddon up for like 3 turns saved my ass

Yea also if he plays atramedes turn 1 you can just weapon it drops it to 2-6 and then hero power for a 5-1. And it doesn't activate his 2 damage either... so if he trades he dies to weapon and if he doesn't then well.... eh.

I won 2 games as Nef cause the other rag was saving his weapon charge... i mean bad players gonna be bad lol. You want to get rid of that weapon asap for hero power.

Xanathus

Whelp, I just made a tempo rogue deck that does everything that every other deck in the game does right now. Because Unearthed Raptor lets them do that now. Herp derp.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...56:2;12182:1;12191:2;22347:2;27220:2;27229:1;

I'd replace Buccaneer with Clockwork Gnome because you don't really want to be Hero Powering to get value from it, and Clockwork Gnome gives you an additional Deathrattle minion to copy plus Spare Parts to combo SI Agent with. I think you should replace Tomb Pillager with Defender of Argus as an additonal Egg/Creeper buffer and activator and taunt. You definitely should cut out Edwin because you're not running Preparation and don't really have much to combo it with, most of the time it'll just be a 4/4. Even Thalnos is questionable to have in that deck without Preparation and Fan of Knives.

Kornflayx

I really need to make time to learn how to play Rogue. It's the only class I've got to lvl 10 and then never played with again. Every turn goes to the rope because apparently I'm too stupid to calculate combos and prep and spell damage and AOE at the same time.

Next season will be Rogue month for me. Gotta learn the hard way

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't know about Tomb Pillage in there. Probably just add another Blade Flurry in there. Or a second Sap.

Tomb Pillager is there as an experiment. Definitely a flex spot. I think the deck is fast enough that a second Sap or Blade Flurry is too clunky and sits in the hand too often. Plus I needed higher curve cards because Shredder was my only 4 drop.

Dahbomb

what is it that makes Mid-Range Druid good against Freeze Mage?
Keeper of the Grove can silence Doomsayer. The deck is known to carry Loatheb and Kezan which counter Freeze Mage. Druid also has some beefy minions that can't be cleared by pings and Blizzard/Flamestrike. But most importantly the FoN combo allows Druids to pop Ice Blocks easily and always pressure the Mage.

what is it that makes Mid-Range Druid good against Freeze Mage?

Early threats that are hard to deal with and the fact that the majority of the burst damage comes straight from hand. Keepers deal with Doomsayers, and Ancients of Lore provide healing after Alex. Most Midrange decks run Doomsayers to deal with Alex, so you are really relying on Archmage to make up the Burn that you are missing since you typically tend to "waste" burn on early minions.

Keeper of the Grove can silence Doomsayer. The deck is known to carry Loatheb and Kezan which counter Freeze Mage. Druid also has some beefy minions that can't be cleared by pings and Blizzard/Flamestrike. But most importantly the FoN combo allows Druids to pop Ice Blocks easily and always pressure the Mage.

Known as in "once upon a time" known? There hasn't been a Kezan in Druid town since the gold rush.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else getting really bad lag?

today i got really bad lag while i was doing my quests, i thought it was my PC or something. Also that 1 mana warrior weapon is so damn bad, who would actually use that crap in this meta
EleGiggle.png

daemissary

I really need to make time to learn how to play Rogue. It's the only class I've got to lvl 10 and then never played with again. Every turn goes to the rope because apparently I'm too stupid to calculate combos and prep and spell damage and AOE at the same time.

If you want to play a fun rogue deck that is also surprisingly good and doesn't rely on combos, try Dog's Anub'arak control rogue. I'm about 50/50 against secret paladin but I'm crushing most other decks right now. It has enough healing to counter true face decks and Anub'arak beats a lot of control decks by himself, especially control warrior. Midrange Hunter is probably the toughest matchup.

inky

I only play Rogue in Arena. Strong class, but without the Miracle variant it always feels like I'm playing from behind in constructed.

With Warrior I can handle that, because I take a defensive approach and the cards support that.

Owzers

first game as Ragnaros and i won, i felt bad because i had whatever i needed to counter my opponents move. Fill you board with 2/2 dragons? I had a geddon. Fill your board with other Onx dragons? Just top decked a flamestrike

It's not too bad once you play a few games. Just gotta make sure you know what cards are in your deck for combos. Unlike some other class where you just play on curve or whatever. The feeling of throwing out a lethal with like 4+ cards in one turn from combo is so awesome.

first game as Ragnaros and i won, i felt bad because i had whatever i needed to counter my opponents move. Fill you board with 2/2 dragons? I had a geddon. Fill your board with other Onx dragons? Just top decked a flamestrike

I was facing down a board full of 6 health minions and my opponent decided to play the +2 spell damage bot.

Top deck flamestrike into the 20/20 dude. I still could have lost with a bad spell draw.

2 things I am tired of lately... boom bots deciding huge swings and shredder doing the same (played like 8 matches today and saw 2 millhouse manastorms... what are the odds of that). The boom bots vs control warrior decided the match. His first boom bot takes out a 3/3 taunt, which conveniently allowed him to take out my loatheb with his main body and then the second boom bot takes out a 3/2. His 7 mana single card minion literally took out 3 of my cards (10 mana worth of power) and still had a 5/2 on board. And the next match, disgusted as I already feel, my opponent's secret paladin deck gets him a millhouse mana storm. Luckily I am so favored in that match up it didn't matter and I won anyway.

Hmm adventure should've unlocked in yurop, but it didn't...

They haven't done a midnight launch in a while I think. The last 2 expansions I believe were launched around 1-2pm EST (morning where they are located) and that includes europe more or less (sometimes later than NA launch iirc).

Dahbomb

2 things I am tired of lately... boom bots deciding huge swings and shredder doing the same (played like 8 matches today and saw 2 millhouse manastorms... what are the odds of that). The boom bots vs control warrior decided the match. His first boom bot takes out a 3/3 taunt, which conveniently allowed him to take out my loatheb with his main body and then the second boom bot takes out a 3/2. His 7 mana single card minion literally took out 3 of my cards (10 mana worth of power) and still had a 5/2 on board. And the next match, disgusted as I already feel, my opponent's secret paladin deck gets him a millhouse mana storm. Luckily I am so favored in that match up it didn't matter and I won anyway.
GvG out?

Dahbomb

I think everyone in this thread has complained about those two cards at some point.

Now I am just immune to it.

"OH wow Doomsayer popped out of Shredder... Trolden highlight!"... "Oh wait no because there have already been too many Shredder Trolden videos".

Haunted

Oh my, I didn't know Justicar allowed Shamans to play the same totem several times!

This changes EVERYTH- well actually Shaman is still bad, just a neat observation I didn't know about.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Whenever Naga Sea Witch is released is the day the meta changes forever. Mark my words on that much.

Just for clarification, are you saying that it is Naga Sea Witch that will change the meta, or just that whatever day happens to be the day that Naga Sea Witch is released, the meta will change?

Because I am actually marking your words.

inky

Can't wait to play Naga Witch into Varyan! Then stop playing that deck faster than Priests stopped playing Confessor because of that 30% winrate ;P

Nah, being a neutral will definitely make it more useful, or at least prevalent. If that turn 5 into turn 6 play happens more often (and smoother) than I am expecting, I can see it being game changing in an Emperor Thaurissan kind of way.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

They haven't done a midnight launch in a while I think. The last 2 expansions I believe were launched around 1-2pm EST (morning where they are located) and that includes europe more or less (sometimes later than NA launch iirc).

I'm actually disappointed general discussion sorta simmered on how idiotic Boom is. He constantly makes games frustrating and is frequently the reason I just stop playing the game for the day.

ricelord

i'm loving that blizz finally balance this week brawl.

i went from this...
12235380_927120510695848_1143258883_o.jpg

to this
12235596_927120554029177_1756585460_o.jpg

to winning the game.

call it a comeback

Haunted

He hasn't been hit with the 13 dmg FoJ combo yet. Before I had that played that against me, I dismissed the card as well.

Top Bottom