• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

sibarraz

Banned
IaMtoXT.png

A hunter conceded after I played a zombie chow on my first turn

this is new

I can't believe this warlock thought he had a chance after he tapped himself out of cards and then even bothered to mortal coil me to further accelerate his fatigue death. Walked into an easy equality consecration win.

Owzers

Hmmm watch and learn quest, need friends....

Owzers#1841

will accept hearthstone friends no matter what class they play.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It looks like Magic: The Gathering style Enchantments are coming to Hearthstone, at least for Brawl: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1096-hearthstone-patch-4-0-the-league-of-explorers

New Brawl Cards
Fate 1 - All minions have Taunt and Charge.
Fate 10 - Battlecry minions get +1/+1
Fate 11 - Each turn, you get a 1/1 Murloc
Fate 2 - When a minion dies, its owner gets a (1) mana Banana.
Fate 3 - All minions have Windfury.
Fate 4 - All minions get +1 Attack.
Fate 5 - Spells cost (1) less.
Fate 6 - Shuffle 10 Unstable Portals into your deck.
Fate 7 - When a minion dies, its owner gets a Coin.
Fate 8 - Whenever a spell is played, its caster gains 3 armor.
Fate 9 - Deathrattle minions get +1/+1
Stolen Winter's Veil Gift - Find a random Treasure.
Cheap Gift - This card's costs is reduced by (4)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They really should be using Brawl to test new things out.

They seem to finally be doing so. Summon Stone came from Brawl, and we were supposed to have a Brawl that tried the Discovery concept before it went live.

Enchantments though would add an interesting layer to Hearthstone, certainly. If you put one in that helped counter Deathrattles for example, it'd make a lot of other cards more viable.

Those could also feasibly be Ascension style event cards looking at them again.

Edit:

This is also the other unexpected thing present so far:

"Tavern Brawl Updates

A few new strings have appeared which point towards Tavern Brawl Deckbuilding. Building your team as you play?

TB_DECKBUILDING_FIRSTPICKTHREE Pick a new card for your hand.
TB_DECKBUILDING_FIRSTCARDPLAYED When you play a card, shuffle a copy into your deck.
TB_DECKBUILDING_FIRSTENDTURN Now return your hand to your deck and redraw.
TB_DECKBUILDING_STARTOFGAME Build your team as you play! Good luck!
TB_DECKBUILDING_STARTOFGAME_START Start!"

Szadek

Finally ,new Flavor texts:
Dark Peddler : I'm offering you a bargain here! This amazing vacuum cleaner for your soul!

Eerie Statue : Don't blink! Don't turn your back, don't look away, and DON'T BLINK.

Explorer's Hat : Harrison Jones was disappointed that he didn't get to be part of the League of Explorers, but his hat did.

Summoning Stone : Sometimes it feels like it's always the same slackers that are waiting for a summon.

Parshias7

I could've sworn I read somewhere that these two cards would be free, not just unlocked slightly earlier than usual with a purchase.

gutshot

I could've sworn I read somewhere that these two cards would be free, not just unlocked slightly earlier than usual with a purchase.

You get them from unlocking the first wing of the adventure. The only way to do that at the moment is by purchasing the Adventure with real world money via the Shop, so that's how people are getting them early.

Pooya

They added new emotes? after all this time? That's pretty cool. watch your back -> I always do.

---

Blizzcon has been very good to Thijs, he's the top streamer now, beating scamaz at his usual time slot.

sibarraz

Banned
Wow, Thjis made an amazing comeback against a secret paladin, I would have made lots of dumb decisions on his place

He is really a good player

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow, Thjis made an amazing comeback against a secret paladin, I would have made lots of dumb decisions on his place

He is really a good player

I think most would rate him at #2 after Ostkaka given his Blizzcon performance, though even that was the closest match set possible.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is it possible it could be good in a deck that has lots of stuff that triggers off of spells being cast?

It's meant to combo with a Lock & Load Control Hunter, but even with all the added cards, it's not clear that this is going to be viable.

somebody said it can be used as an alternative to hero power in a sorta midrange/control version of hunter. can help w/ minion clearing

Xanathus

You can purchase the adventure with gold if you set your computer clock ahead past Thursday, and get the 2 cards early this way.

Pooya

Thijs says freezemage is getting a huge buff with the set, I've been telling you guys that :p torch is doing work on his stream. Reno Jackson to join soon!

I've already seen the torch card in freeze mage. He even played two of them. And it was like... the lowest possible impact card he could have put in the deck I think. I mean, it depends on what he cut but all he did was remove single targets whereas I could put out multiple threats and since he didn't have an AOE, he was demolished by loatheb. I might have even missed lethal at one point but he was at 1 hp for the rest of the game despite 2 ice blocks.

You can purchase the adventure with gold if you set your computer clock ahead past Thursday, and get the 2 cards early this way.

So potentially compromise your account to get 2 cards early? I'll pass :)

Xanathus

I've already seen the torch card in freeze mage. He even played two of them. And it was like... the lowest possible impact card he could have put in the deck I think. I mean, it depends on what he cut but all he did was remove single targets whereas I could put out multiple threats and since he didn't have an AOE, he was demolished by loatheb. I might have even missed lethal at one point but he was at 1 hp for the rest of the game despite 2 ice blocks.

So potentially compromise your account to get 2 cards early? I'll pass :)

I've done this to pre-purchase expansions early with gold for every expansion since Naxx without getting banned.

Fully heal your hero is a big deal when you just need one free turn to kill your opponent. For Freeze Mage it will normally represent 29 points of healing since opponents will take them to 1 before popping Ice Block. Sure, a large board could deal 20+ of damage easily, but large boards are the thing Freeze Mage is superb at stopping in their tracks.

somebody said it can be used as an alternative to hero power in a sorta midrange/control version of hunter. can help w/ minion clearing

It's worse than hero power because it uses up a card. It can also be lost to silence effects and/or Counter Spell/Spell Bender or Polymorph/Hex or Sap/Freezing Trap or temporarily blocked with Loatheb. It also isn't as reliable since you have to draw it out of your deck before you can use it. And because it keeps coming back, you would never want to run two of them, making it a less reliable draw.

I've done this to pre-purchase expansions early with gold for every expansion since Naxx without getting banned.

I'd never risk it for such a small short term benefit. You never really know if people get in trouble for this based on how they react in the past. One day they might just decide you're breaking the rules and get a suspension. There really is very little to nothing to stop them from doing that, even if it seems like they'd never do that it just isn't worth the risk.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If alternative hero powers on cards were useful, Rogues would run headcrack.

sibarraz

Banned
Why eboladin stopped to be a thing? the deck never stopped to be good, and even though secret paladin is better the deck is still viable

Now that people have this torch card... I kind of want it. I'd make a control mage deck running it, I think. I've always wanted to try control mage but never felt like it had enough of a hook to make me want to play it over control paladin. Now there seems to be 2, duplicate and torch.

Why eboladin stopped to be a thing? the deck never stopped to be good, and even though secret paladin is better the deck is still viable

Maybe it is but every aggro paladin I've come across is pretty easy. Lots of decks are geared with a set of anti-aggro + BC tools to the point that aggro paladin can't take advantage of their quick starts as much as they would like to.

Aggro paladin is stronger in a combo heavier meta and with decks that fight more for hand value rather than board value, if this makes sense. The quicker the meta the weaker aggro paladin tends to be due to weaker divine favor, weaker minions, and no ability to play a value match at all.

Top Bottom