• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just spoiled myself on a pretty serious reveal just by randomly clicking on achievements. So like, don't do that guys.

Holy shit Fenix is back?? Don't tell me how because I need to see this shit for myself. D=

Edit: whoops, wrong thread =X. That's an SC2 spoiler.

Dahbomb

Good video but yeah the guy doesn't understand the value of FoJ and shouldn't have used it as an example.

Cards like Spells linger and Unstable Portal are bad but the Discover mechanic is a bit better in that regard. Well the cost Discover cards not discover Deathrattle ability which has a huge power level variance.

pV7ID5w.png

Golden Wisp hype!
I'm pretty sure this is the worst pack I've ever opened.

Shahadan

I just spoiled myself on a pretty serious reveal just by randomly clicking on achievements. So like, don't do that guys.

Holy shit Fenix is back?? Don't tell me how because I need to see this shit for myself. D=

I won't tell you. What I can tell you is, you'll probably be disappointed. :lol:

bjaelke

With Dr. Boom it’s different [To Warsong Commander] because you don’t have him until turn seven, and then it takes your whole turn. Then it puts a minion there, and it has no immediate board effect, no immediate kill. So it feels a lot closer to a good gameplay experience.
mDurum2.gif

sibarraz

Banned
By the end of November I will probably had 1600 dust so I will wait until then to see which legendary to craft if for some reason a new archetype rises

inky

Damn, that sucks. They should've done a Zuckerberg and started fresh once they realized the work was all theirs. At least they are aware of what they did wrong but it reads like they now can't compete against their previous work.

They also should've stopped all work much sooner once they suspected they were not going to get a piece of the pie. I don't know legally how all of that works, but maybe they could work again with someone with different algorithms and all new code?

Well, I never used the site anyways but was looking forward to trying the overlay as I think it wiol definitely provide an advantage. I'll skip it now for sure.

Short story: ADWTCA didn't like the amount of money he was earning based on his contribution to the business. The majority owner of the business won't budge on his equity in the business. And ADWTCA calls that exploitation because he doesn't like the outcome, even though it was his own actions that allowed it to become this way.

In a sense, we were financially exploited because we let ourselves be.

It goes from "in a sense, we were financially exploited" to straight up we are being exploited in just 2-3 paragraphs.

I hope that streamers, organizations and other expert Arena players alike, including Cloud9, will stand with us on this, and not help the programmer to continue to exploit our work product.

inky

He sounds perfectly aware that it is his fault, not illegal, and that he fucked up expecting something he wasn't going to get while still working on it and signing away his rights.

But to me the service offered is definitely how the algorithm works and if the people who design it and fine tune it are no longer involved there's little sense to expect it to continue to improve.

It is not the only arena draft site out there even now, but it looked like the one with the better system behind it.

He sounds perfectly aware that it is his fault, not illegal, and that he fucked up expecting something he wasn't going to get while still working on it and signing away his rights.

But to me the service offered is definitely how the algorithm works and if the people who design it and fine tune it are no longer involved there's little sense to expect it to continue to improve.

It is not the only arena draft site out there now, but it looked like the one with the better system behind it.

Whoever this programmer is is probably making a mistake by not keeping him on board. I agree with that. I've only ever looked at their tier list occasionally and since that still exists, nothing really changes for me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Regardless of the cirumstances behind why ADWCTA and Merps leaving HearthArena, if they are losing then the site loses an awful lot of credibility. Bit of a shame I won't be able to use it going forward.

JesseZao

Ooo. Adwtca and merps need a new programmer?! Always thought their arrangement was strange.

Guess I could mock up an arena site since the API isn't happening any time soon.

Top Bottom