• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

gutshot

I had a warrior friend me afterwards and he said he couldn't attack with grommash. Maybe the patch broke something.

This bug has cropped up for me a couple times since the Warsong nerf patch. Charge minions get played onto the board and then you are unable to select them to attack. Cost me an arena game the first time it happened.

I read that it has to do with selecting them before their animation finishes? Not sure if that is true or not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Charge minions on strike for the unfair treatment of their commander, obviously.

Isn't aggro secretdin better at aggro than eboladin?

If they get perfect draw yes. I still play eboladin because i don't want to dust 4 legendary just for dr 8 (will eventually but not yet, plan is just dust 4 golden epics for him).

I do fine against secret paladin but i had to make adjustment to my deck. Like adding aldor to eboladin for aggro druid (fel reaver) and when dr 6 get buff by avenge (when they play on empty board).

Still easy climb to like rank 5 if you are willing to put in games but legendary is harder especially around rank 2 and above. Last month I didn't even do the push just stopped at 5.

isny

napkin dispenser
So apparently the ability to pre-purchase the xpac was a mistake? Rockin dat flame in my Mage deck and getting some hilarious emotes from opponents, lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Head cracking was run when it was 2 mana. If it costed 2 mana and didn't need to comboed (so like Hunter hero power) it would absolutely be run.

Explorer's Hat is not as good as a 2 Mana Headcrack, though. You don't get it back immediately in most cases.

Dahbomb

Explorer's Hat is not as good as a 2 Mana Headcrack, though. You don't get it back immediately in most cases.
Oh for sure, in fact I don't even think the Hat is that good of a Hunter hero power replacement.

I was just saying that Headcrack in its current form isn't a hero power replacement, it's far weaker than the Hunter hero power.

ZealousD

Explorer's Hat might also be one of the worst topdecks in the game. You can't play it if you don't have the board and much of its cost goes towards incremental uses over time. If you need something to save you an expensive banana won't cut it.

Rank 3 first time this month, good old control paladin facing off against control warrior. This match up is so heavily slanted in my favor it isn't even funny. It is a nice relaxing game most of the time too. There isn't a lot of RNG bullshit from knife juggler or shredder. At worst there is brawl, which usually is played in a way that the RNG is a minor factor, and even with double brawl I will probably win no matter the result.

Tagyhag

Winning against a freeze mage is always great because you feel like you wasted more of their time than they wasted of yours.

sibarraz

Banned
Rank 3 first time this month, good old control paladin facing off against control warrior. This match up is so heavily slanted in my favor it isn't even funny. It is a nice relaxing game most of the time too. There isn't a lot of RNG bullshit from knife juggler or shredder. At worst there is brawl, which usually is played in a way that the RNG is a minor factor, and even with double brawl I will probably win no matter the result.

You are right, this is almost as bad as control warrior vs freeze mage. The key here is hold the tirion until he must play sylvanas for some reason, after that they had a hard time recovering. More if you justicared yourself

Dahbomb

Justicar definitely swung the match up in Paladins favor. CW can't deal with many 1/1s being spawned over and over. Even with double Death's Bite, Brawl, Geddon and WW/Revenge.

But nothing is as bad as CW vs Freeze Mage.

ZealousD

Justicar definitely swung the match up in Paladins favor. CW can't deal with many 1/1s being spawned over and over. Even with double Death's Bite, Brawl, Geddon and WW/Revenge.

But nothing is as bad as CW vs Freeze Mage.

Paladin has always been favored against CW.

Mobius, do you mind posting your control paladin list?

Sure

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_10_15_10_59_38.png

It is a bit of a midrangey-control paladin list.

It is called Taxi Paladin, cause it's a smooth ride to legend town Kappa

sibarraz

Banned
My midrange paladin was defeated by a well placed deathlord with double health

I was salty but I had to respect him for beating me with that deck

Ketch

deathlords? really? I have not had much success with death lords in the past.... one hard removal early and you're f'd.

I like this deck so far because the northshire, boneguards, acolytes, and even pyromancers eat up a lot of removal and silences without really effecting the win condition. But if they don't get removed/silenced then they become a win condition in themselves (well except the pyromancers I guess).

boneguard lieutenant is a really good card in priest i think.

deathlords? really? I have not had much success with death lords in the past.... one hard removal early and you're f'd.

I like this deck so far because the northshire, boneguards, acolytes, and even pyromancers eat up a lot of removal and silences without really effecting the win condition. But if they don't get removed/silenced then they become a win condition in themselves (well except the pyromancers I guess).

boneguard lieutenant is a really good card in priest i think.

Deathlords are great in this meta mostly due to the presence of so much aggro.

Hycran

Banned
I think that I will replace murloc knight and an Aldor for 2 uldman, I think that this card could make this deck even stronger

I'm not convinced Uldaman is so strong that he should replace murloc knight. Neither is playable on turn 4, both are late game cards, but one serves as pseudo removal and the other serves to give you a board and hopefully close out the game. I think you need to tailor Uldaman to the meta, moreso than any one deck. I think it could be a one-of in most decks though.

sibarraz

Banned
I'm not convinced Uldaman is so strong that he should replace murloc knight. Neither is playable on turn 4, both are late game cards, but one serves as pseudo removal and the other serves to give you a board and hopefully close out the game. I think you need to tailor Uldaman to the meta, moreso than any one deck. I think it could be a one-of in most decks though.

most of the time when I play murloc knight in this meta is a card that is easily removed in one turn, and that must be played in turn 6 at least, and even in the turn where is played most of the time you don't get a card that really helps you that much on tight situations

Uldman is perfectly playable on turn 4, with that card you can kill a shredder just using a silver hand knight, or against control matchups you had more tools to remove sticky cards like ysera or even tirion and Mysterious challenger

Top Bottom