• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

Wait all wings unlock today?

no I meant second boss, not wing.

they were asked if it would light up if there prereq was met, but I believe the team said no or didnt want it to

I don't use trackers usually and I can keep track of my cards generally but with this one, you don't wanna risk it, some big oops can happen.

People forget that Hearthstone's AI is awful. It always has been.

yeah but this one shouldn't be hard to script, it's probably going to be fixed later. It's obviously not quite what was planned.

Damn Reno Jackson is going to be insane. If you thought Face Hunter hated Healbot imagine going from 5 health to 30 health LOLOLOL

If you want to beat face hunter, it is already trivial to do so without Reno.

I don't think it actually adds much outside of cw mirrors.

gutshot

Dang, this whole thing is really blowing up in ADWCTA's face. The programmer's post has more upvotes and the majority of upvotes in ADWCTA's post are going to those who support the programmer.

Pooya

any fellow Shaman players made any solid decks with the new card yet?

There isn't anything for shaman in this wing, there are in next wing.

Maybe with Reno people can try freeze shaman again, double healing wave + reno should be about as good as ice block maybe... nope.

Xanathus

Dang, this whole thing is really blowing up in ADWCTA's face. The programmer's post has more upvotes and the majority of upvotes in ADWCTA's post are going to those who support the programmer.

It's pretty obvious for anyone mature and knowledgeable about how reality works is that ADWCTA is an idiot and doesn't realize how easily replaceable he is in HearthArena's arrangement and how it should have gotten a contract before putting in a lot of work. He burned his bridge by making that reddit post and he's basically a goner, HearthArena doesn't need him at all.

Rockyrock

There isn't anything for shaman in this wing, there are in next wing.

Maybe with Reno people can try freeze shaman again, double healing wave + reno should be about as good as ice block maybe... nope.

Rumbling elemental is a reward for escaping the tomb or w/e.

Its the 4 mana deal 2 damage when you cast a minion with battlecry

gutshot

It's pretty obvious for anyone mature and knowledgeable about how reality works is that ADWCTA is an idiot and doesn't realize how easily replaceable he is in HearthArena's arrangement and how it should have gotten a contract before putting in a lot of work. He burned his bridge by making that reddit post and he's basically a goner, HearthArena doesn't need him at all.

Oh yeah, totally. I just didn't think that /r/hearthstone would turn on him to this extent. "Mature and knowledgeable" are not two words often associated with that community.

Pooya

Rumbling elemental is a reward for escaping the tomb or w/e.

Its the 4 mana deal 2 damage when you cast a minion with battlecry

oops I see it now, there is a one drop in next week, without that it's not really helpful to try decks yet. Brann is next week too to make a battlecry deck.

Oh yeah, totally. I just didn't think that /r/hearthstone would turn on him to this extent. "Mature and knowledgeable" are not two words often associated with that community.

Very much in agreement. I still remember the magicamy shit storm.

He shot himself in the foot with his post. Trying to use social media to just burn down another person is pretty damn pathetic. It isn't even like he is going to gain anything from that. I think this is just another example of poor use of social media. He should have just said they couldn't come to an agreement and that he would be leaving the site's employment. Instead he chose to try to make the site fail because he wasn't being paid enough, simultaneously calling the other person's use of his paid work as exploitation and painting him as greedy.

All heartharena has to do is hire more consultants. And apparently they have a lot of ability to promote streamers cause who knew who the fuck this dude was before heartharena anyway. They say he had 50-100 streamers and boosted to thousands after heartharena took off. Seems like he is very replaceable. If he doesn't understand that, that is probably why he went this route.

reddit will always support the programmer/engineer/STEM student

r/hearthstone will always be hostile to people with actual knowledge about the game

seems like a pretty predictable outcome
4Head.png

Magnus

Feeling pretty stupid on the heroics this time around. The Temple Escape heroic is murdering me by turn 4, lol. I'm so terrible at thinking critically in this game, sometimes.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Didn't have my gold saved up, and I'm not gonna spend the cash right now.

I'll just wait and grind it out. I got 510 gold now so I should be able to cop the first wing this weekend.

Dahbomb

Feeling pretty stupid on the heroics this time around. The Temple Escape heroic is murdering me by turn 4, lol. I'm so terrible at thinking critically in this game, sometimes.
Use freeze Mage with all Freeze spells plus Ice Blocks, Doomsayers and Echo Molten Giants. Stall the game out.

At the halfway point the entire board gets cleared which is very helpful.

Magnus

Use freeze Mage with all Freeze spells plus Ice Blocks, Doomsayers and Echo Molten Giants. Stall the game out.

I used a freeze mage variant I came up with and got blown away. I tried it again just now with one or two card changes and owned it. #RNG

Fixed1979

Getting to the last turn with a taunt druid deck...but having removal in hand or enough taunts on the board for the last turn is a bitch.

Dahbomb

Druid could probably work too because Naturalize and Mulch won't give him any cards. You could even use Deathlords for stall. I still prefer Freeze Mage though.

Dragner

Fatigue Warrior works also fine, 2x Brawl 2x BGH 2x Bouncing blades and all the removal, couple it with a lot of recursive taunters like annoy-o-tron and belcher and heals easy game.

Fixed1979

Druid could probably work too because Naturalize and Mulch won't give him any cards. You could even use Deathlords for stall. I still prefer Freeze Mage though.

Mulch does give him a card, I took druid for poison seeds naturalize and the healing...keep stalling out on the last turn though. I'll give in and try a freeze build.

Edit: First go with freeze.

Cagey

Banned
Very much in agreement. I still remember the magicamy shit storm.

He shot himself in the foot with his post. Trying to use social media to just burn down another person is pretty damn pathetic. It isn't even like he is going to gain anything from that. I think this is just another example of poor use of social media. He should have just said they couldn't come to an agreement and that he would be leaving the site's employment. Instead he chose to try to make the site fail because he wasn't being paid enough, simultaneously calling the other person's use of his paid work as exploitation and painting him as greedy.

All heartharena has to do is hire more consultants. And apparently they have a lot of ability to promote streamers cause who knew who the fuck this dude was before heartharena anyway. They say he had 50-100 streamers and boosted to thousands after heartharena took off. Seems like he is very replaceable. If he doesn't understand that, that is probably why he went this route.

I don't want to speak out of turn or say too much, given my relationship with them, but given the genesis of the project was from them, the programmer has always been the most fungible aspect of HearthArena.

Tacitus_

I don't want to speak out of turn or say too much, given my relationship with them, but given the genesis of the project was from them, the programmer has always been the most fungible aspect of HearthArena.

You sure?

For people that are unaware, in Q4 2014 I contacted ADWCTA with a working product which had been worked on for 1 1/2 years on almost full-time level. The product at that point was tested to be 3-5 picks off in comparison to Hearthstone Arena experts at the time. While testing that algorithm, I was without a doubt an infinite arena player though the meta was a lot softer at that time, then it is now. I still thought it would be good to see how a person as ADWCTA could make the algorithm better after I read some of his articles.

I'm going to believe the guy who didn't attempt to start a witch hunt AND attempt to get people to pressure Cloud9 to distance themselves from HearthArena.

He had a contract... for 20% of the profits. The owner/programmer was willing to up it to 25% (30% if incentives were met, whatever that means).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is Naxx out in EU yet?

Dragner

What happened?

Reynad got laid with Forsen Ex on his home while Mitch Jones was streaming there and everybody could hear it. The sad part was that She tried to cover it but was way too obvious.

Forsen is not mad at her but probably mad with Reynad, he seems the kind of guy of 'Bros before Hoes"...

Reynad got laid with Forsen Ex on his home while Mitch Jones was streaming there and everybody could hear it. The sad part was that She tried to cover it but was way too obvious.

Forsen is not mad at her but probably mad with Reynad, he seems the kind of guy of 'Bros before Hoes"...

Reynad closed the deal? He was thirsty as hell for her on his drunk stream

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
@drama: lmao

@adventure: It's well designed but somehow even easier than BRM was

Dahbomb

Holy crap that new Secret for Paladins counters Dr Balanced! If you have one minion on the board, it will trigger on Dr Balanced as the 4th one!

From what I understand (maybe I am wrong), the programmer owns the business. There is a pecking order from there.

Cagey

Banned
You sure?

From what I've understood of this over the past couple years. I don't mean to come off as coy to play games; I thought about writing more in my earlier post or this one, but out of respect for friends, it's just not my place to do so.

EDIT: apologies for the derail-ishness of this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yeah the VoD is on youtube if you are curious, basically is Mitch and other guy laughing their asses off while the bed makes noises in Reynad's impressive 2 minutes exhibition.
link plz

Yoshichan

Top Bottom