• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

mDurum2.gif
That's fucking hilarious.

Shiver

adwcta and merps just gave their work and ideas away? wow.

they do have access to the algorithms. they should just start their own site. must be a lot of sponsors or teams who would want to be a part of that.

Dragner

jesus cw vs cw is so boring, I like the deck but mirror matches are hell.

Thats gonna spice when people start using Elize Starbreeze as tech. I think people undervaluate that card in decks that usually go to fatigue. When I play CW mirror I usually finish the game with a crapload of garbage in my hand (2xBrawl, shield block, acolyte, armorsmith,...) Fatigue is a great timing to drop the Monkey.

jesus cw vs cw is so boring, I like the deck but mirror matches are hell.

Yep. The match at Seatstory Cup:
Went to the bathroom at Turn 13 or something, took a dump, played a few levels of super meat boy on my vita and when I came back they were still playing!

gutshot

Oh god this Heartharena drama is pretty delicious. Im just glad Merps is staying out of it and its just ADWCTA acting like he got robbed.

Yeah, ADWCTA is not coming off looking great here. Yeah, you put a lot of hours into evaluating cards and their value and synergies. But you did that of your own accord, knowing you had agreed to just a 20% profit split. To then turn around and demand equity in the whole project comes off as a little presumptuous. And then to go whining to Reddit about it when your partner says no? That's very unprofessional.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, this "algorithm" that ADWCTA developed, it's not actually an algorithm at all? It's just a bunch of independent card values that change depending on what is currently in your deck and where you are in the draft process. The programmer still had to take those raw values and program an algorithm that evaluates your draft and spits them out correctly? At least, that's the way I read it. That seems like work that requires a much higher skillset than what ADWCTA is bringing to the table.

I don't know, as a developer myself, I've seen this so many times. No one seems to understand how much work, effort and knowledge it takes to actually build applications like these. ADWCTA seems to be writing this guy's contributions off as if they are nothing.

ParityBit

I just checked and it says I already purchased the adventure! I have not, but it will not let me play it! Not that I should be able to.

Tacitus_

And, correct me if I'm wrong, this "algorithm" that ADWCTA developed, it's not actually an algorithm at all? It's just a bunch of independent card values that change depending on what is currently in your deck and where you are in the draft process. The programmer still had to take those raw values and program an algorithm that evaluates your draft and spits them out correctly? At least, that's the way I read it. That seems like work that requires a much higher skillset than what ADWCTA is bringing to the table.

That's what I got out of the programmers post as well. He did the algorithm while ADWCTA tuned the weighting.

ZZMitch

Thats gonna spice when people start using Elize Starbreeze as tech. I think people undervaluate that card in decks that usually go to fatigue. When I play CW mirror I usually finish the game with a crapload of garbage in my hand (2xBrawl, shield block, acolyte, armorsmith,...) Fatigue is a great timing to drop the Monkey.

Yeah I already am planning to put Elize in my CW deck. My current list is running two Senjins and I am going to replace one with her. I also run Varian for the late game and potentially getting out a 6/6 taunt for free seems nice (Varian is really good when it spits out taunt minions or Grom/Ysera, which is why I run 2 Senjins and 2 Belchers with it).

manhack

That's what I got out of the programmers post as well. He did the algorithm while ADWCTA tuned the weighting.

And now ADWCTA is trying to burn the whole thing down because he didn't get his way. Sucks when this kind of stuff gets aired out in public.

So is Heartharena gonna die or something? I'm sort of confused. Basically ADWCTA makes 20% of the profits from the website and the programmer makes 80%?

greepoman

Until it turns your hand into all Pat Nagles. I think the real value in that situation might be just waiting til your opponent is taking heavy fatigue then drop Elise....then you get a fatigue free turn. Seems like a waste of a deck slot unless the meta is like all CW. There are a lot of bad legendaries.

inky

Warrior deck did the trick. Damn, my discoveries were powerful as hell. Varyan and Sneed's? Don't mind if I do.

VoxPop

How are the new cards so far? I'm probably not going to buy the adventure unless they have something absolutely essential like sludge belchers.

manhack

How are the new cards so far? I'm probably not going to buy the adventure unless they have something absolutely essential like sludge belchers.

The adventure has barely been out 30 min. We should have an idea of how good they are in a few days though.

A lot of people are probably going to be running Freeze Mage with Torch and Reno Jackson.

I also expect a decent amount of Hunters running explorer's hat.

Get your Kezan mystics ready folks.

ParityBit

I figured I play this game enough that I would buy the adventure. Can't wait to give it a while tonight. I hope my decks can win some of them.

Jebusman

Banned
So is Heartharena gonna die or something? I'm sort of confused. Basically ADWCTA makes 20% of the profits from the website and the programmer makes 80%?

Probably not? If you believe the programmer's side of the story, really all they need is another "pro" tier Arena player to come in and do some analysis and continue to weigh cards and their values as needed, and functionally the site can keep going.

If you believe ADWCTA's side of the story the programmer is a potato who can't spell Hearthstone let alone play it, and no one could possibly do the same work that he did when he was there. On top of this, his post really seemed like an attempt to burn it all down when he couldn't get his way.

Like yeah it sucks that you agreed to such a small cut of the profits from the get go, but waiting until AFTER it's a success to then step in and say "You know what, I think I deserve more of this than I agreed to", it's well within the programmers' rights to say "Too bad".

Dreavus

Probably not? If you believe the programmer's side of the story, really all they need is another "pro" tier Arena player to come in and do some analysis and continue to weigh cards and their values as needed, and functionally the site can keep going.

If you believe ADWCTA's side of the story the programmer is a potato who can't spell Hearthstone let alone play it, and no one could possibly do the same work that he did when he was there. On top of this, his post really seemed like an attempt to burn it all down when he couldn't get his way.

Like yeah it sucks that you agreed to such a small cut of the profits from the get go, but waiting until AFTER it's a success to then step in and say "You know what, I think I deserve more of this than I agreed to", it's well within the programmers' rights to say "Too bad".

The programmer fellow will definitely find another player or two to help him out out in their absence. It's too bad it had to go that way, but I'm sure there will be others who are willing to step up.

You guys on mobile. To purchase the adventure with gold don't go to the shop, go to the adventure itself and it will let you unlock from there with gold.

It was pretty easy on normal by the way. Breezed my way through it with dragon priest.

You guys on mobile. To purchase the adventure with gold don't go to the shop, go to the adventure itself and it will let you unlock from there with gold.

It was pretty easy on normal by the way. Breezed my way through it with dragon priest.

Thanks mate.

Discover is extremely strong, these cards will get play.

Pooya

AI on second wing is broken, it keeps playing taunt givers THEN a minion lol.

Put Reno in my oil rogue deck, I didn't get to play it because the warrior guy conceded and I had 3 card left, I wasn't tracking but pretty sure no duplicates in there and Reno never lit up. I guess it doesn't light up lol

Production values are pretty high for this adventure, it looks great, it sounds great but damn this was so easy, I didn't even build a deck for it, just q in blindly with aggro paly lol.

manhack

Damn Reno Jackson is going to be insane. If you thought Face Hunter hated Healbot imagine going from 5 health to 30 health LOLOLOL

AI on second wing is broken, it keeps playing taunt givers THEN a minion lol.

Put Reno in my oil rogue deck, I didn't get to play it because the warrior guy conceded and I had 3 card left, I wasn't tracking but pretty sure no duplicates in there and Reno never lit up. I guess it doesn't light up lol

they were asked if it would light up if there prereq was met, but I believe the team said no or didnt want it to

Top Bottom