• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Holy crap that new Secret for Paladins counters Dr Balanced! If you have one minion on the board, it will trigger on Dr Balanced as the 4th one!

I guess that means we don't need to nerf him anymore!

So you trade your minion off before dr. boom.

Kind of annoying though because yet another weird secret interaction since clearly the fourth minion to hit the board is not being played but is being summoned by boom. And it is safe to assume that this remains the same with other battlecry summons that cause a fourth minion to be played and not just dr. boom. I hope they change this.

Dahbomb

I was about to say that makes no sense, but Battlecry goes 1st, so: Minion in play, + 2 boom bots, then Dr. Boom comes down.

whoa.gif
Exactly.

I was trying out the Secret in the deck and the opponent played Dr 7 into it and got punished. I almost spilled my drink!

This should counter Cenarius/Onyxia as well as if anyone is still playing those cards these days.

Disguised Toast is not going to like this LOL!

gutshot

From what I've understood of this over the past couple years. I don't mean to come off as coy to play games; I thought about writing more in my earlier post or this one, but out of respect for friends, it's just not my place to do so.

EDIT: apologies for the derail-ishness of this.

Well you've shown more tact and professionalism in this than ADWCTA has, so there is that.

The facts are that HearthArena was not originally ADWCTA and Merps idea. The programmer had the idea, had been working on it off-and-on for 1.5 years, then brought ADWCTA and Merps on board as consultants to help fine tune the card values. This is not in dispute.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So you trade your minion off before dr. boom.

Kind of annoying though because yet another weird secret interaction since clearly the fourth minion to hit the board is not being played but is being summoned by boom. And it is safe to assume that this remains the same with other battlecry summons that cause a fourth minion to be played and not just dr. boom. I hope they change this.

This is not a bug or issue with secrets. The battlecry phase resolves before the minion is counted as hitting the board. So minions summoned by battlecries hit the board first. If you play sword of justice with Dr Boom you'll see the boom bots are buffed first.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yes, the animation was never consistent with how battlecries worked but this isn't new.

Battlecries resolve before minions so as far as the game is concerned Doom is the last minion to hit the board and he is being played from the hand.

Avinexus

Reynad got laid with Forsen Ex on his home while Mitch Jones was streaming there and everybody could hear it. The sad part was that She tried to cover it but was way too obvious.

Forsen is not mad at her but probably mad with Reynad, he seems the kind of guy of 'Bros before Hoes"...

Forsen probably doesn't care at all, I mean they went out for what...a month or two at most?

I don't want to speak out of turn or say too much, given my relationship with them, but given the genesis of the project was from them, the programmer has always been the most fungible aspect of HearthArena.

Judging by what both parties posted, in my eyes those arena guys were far more expendable than the programmer. I mean...it was his project, they are kinda lucky he came to them instead of someone else to be the "expert".

Fixed1979

The heroic section was fun this wing.

gZ1EsPd.png

Yeah, it actually seemed like one of the better ones. AI wasn't too high on the BS meter...unlike the last wing of Naxx that I still haven't bothered finished.

#1 - I'm pretty sure I used some bs shaman murloc deck I was playing around with.
#2 - Silence/Control Priest
#3 - Freeze Mage variation after giving up on my taunt druid.

Tacitus_

From what I've understood of this over the past couple years. I don't mean to come off as coy to play games; I thought about writing more in my earlier post or this one, but out of respect for friends, it's just not my place to do so.

EDIT: apologies for the derail-ishness of this.

I respect your professionalism, but you're giving me serious drama blue balls.

Dragner

Forsen probably doesn't care at all, I mean they went out for what...a month or two at most?

Actually he is, he said it on stream, he was drunk thou.

He said that he is not triggered for the act, but more because he knows Reynad was trying to trigger him or something like that.

Phawx

Just put together a really dumb mage deck with summoner stone and Reno jackson and it's actually pretty damn good!

squidyj

Hotform is trying out a summoning stone mage with echo and frost nova. exactly the sort of thing I was looking forward to seeing with that card.

inky

Went 7-3 in arena. Meh. Got a stupid common card. Blizzard pls.

Edit: also, played Paladin. Ffaced 6 Paladins too. I swear to god every single game I played I had at least 1 shielded minibot in my starting hand (out of 2). Every single one. I know we joke around but it's idiotic... well, it was great for me, but still. There's something wrong with that card.

Yeah, it actually seemed like one of the better ones. AI wasn't too high on the BS meter...unlike the last wing of Naxx that I still haven't bothered finished.

#1 - I'm pretty sure I used some bs shaman murloc deck I was playing around with.
#2 - Silence/Control Priest
#3 - Freeze Mage variation after giving up on my taunt druid.

Yea, it was fun. I did it like this:

1. Warrior
2. Handlock-ish
3. Taunt Druid

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
200 gold ... GET HAIP!

So... League of Explorers Wing #1 >>> TGT?
I saw the 'escape' fight, it's pretty wild... imagine a full blown Single Player campaign like that :0

Pooya

Does summoning stone work like in the brawl? Like, if I prep sprint, does it summon 4 mana minion like in brawl or 7?

All this new adventure talk, I'm yet to even get Blackrock Mountain. In other news, just had a Druid play Dr. Boom on turn 4 using that fruity mana growth juju shit they do... and he played it
into my Repentance. He conceded not long after

Quick question regarding ranked rewards - I've only ever got to rank 15 then stopped. If I went down a few ranks does the reward chest level down with you? Or does it stay at the highest level you achieve?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beat heroic zinaar on my first try with a standard tempo mage. Flamewaker is ridiculous with him feeding you 0 mana spells.

All this new adventure talk, I'm yet to even get Blackrock Mountain. In other news, just had a Druid play Dr. Boom on turn 4 using that fruity mana growth juju shit they do... and he played it
into my Repentance. He conceded not long after

Quick question regarding ranked rewards - I've only ever got to rank 15 then stopped. If I went down a few ranks does the reward chest level down with you? Or does it stay at the highest level you achieve?

It stays at the highest level you achieve for the month. So no fear of making your reward worse! :D

CoolOff

I'm a sub, mod, and patron
(not anymore)
in ADWCTAs channel, and even I'm siding with the programmer on this one.

* Not having any equity was what was agreed upon.

* It's fine that you want equity after a while, then negotiate about it.

* If negotiations fail, leave it at that. Don't go to fucking Reddit with it. If you do, say "we couldn't reach an agreement" and that's that. You can keep streaming, being arena-gurus, hell, even use HA on stream and laugh about it if the algorithm starts messing up, but you don't do what he did.

Took a couple tries but managed to beat heroic temple escape without taking a single point of damage as Warrior. Just have to get reasonably lucky with draws.

manhack

Was facing a fatigue warrior who played reno at 2 hp, but my higmane, shredder, and boom killed him 2 turns later anyway.

I'm trying reno out now. I think he may suffer from the same issue any healing does. If you are facing down a full board healing isn't going to do more than give you an extra turn.

Hycran

Banned
Summoning staff with kelthuzad is a lel and a half, guarantees you're always immune. Great in a priest or warrior game.

manhack

I'm a sub, mod, and patron
(not anymore)
in ADWCTAs channel, and even I'm siding with the programmer on this one.

* Not having any equity was what was agreed upon.

* It's fine that you want equity after a while, then negotiate about it.

* If negotiations fail, leave it at that. Don't go to fucking Reddit with it. If you do, say "we couldn't reach an agreement" and that's that. You can keep streaming, being arena-gurus, hell, even use HA on stream and laugh about it if the algorithm starts messing up, but you don't do what he did.

Yeah looks like this totally backfired on ADWCTA. His post has lost over 1000 votes while the HA owner has gained 1000 votes.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Really random question but Is there any kind of tool out there that can scan my card collection to let me know which pack is the most worthwhile to spend gold on?

Dahbomb

Can someone please explain the whole DR thing to me please??
Dr Boom is the original Dr. 7. The 7 was basically a short form of saying Dr. Boom because when it was turn 7 and you had Dr. Boom in hand then you slammed it down. People joke that when it's turn 7 and you have Dr. Boom in hand the card should glow orange like when the battlecry of some minions activate after meeting a certain condition.

Dr. 7 was and still is very common in many decks and thus it's very common to see turn 7 dr 7. Dr Boom is also known as Dr Balanced and Dr. GG.

Ever since then other cards that act like Dr Boom have been given that nickname most notably Shredder. Shredder is like the turn 4 equivalent in that it's a neutral, the best 4 drop and you just put it down on turn 4 when you have it in hand.

Then Mysterious Challenger came and it became the Paladin's Dr.6 (although I would argue that the title of Dr should only belong to neutral minions). Coupled with their already strong curve minions like Minibot... the joke started when Firebat said something like "the best deck which is Secret Paladin just plays the best minions on curve and wins".

So it plays secret keeper turn 1 (for secret paladin its basically their Dr.1), Minibot, Muster for Battle, Shredder, Loatheb, Mysterious Challenger, Dr Boom, Tirion.

All of those cards are called Drs because they are used like Dr. Boom... ie. played on curve when they are the strongest.

gutshot

Apparently Djinni gets charge if he's on your board when you cast Shadow Madness on an opponent's minion. That's hilarious.

Top Bottom