• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Exactly.

I was trying out the Secret in the deck and the opponent played Dr 7 into it and got punished. I almost spilled my drink!

This should counter Cenarius/Onyxia as well as if anyone is still playing those cards these days.

Disguised Toast is not going to like this LOL!

so if they have 2 minions instead of 1 the secret will still kill boom and not a boom bot?

Slashlen

so if they have 2 minions instead of 1 the secret will still kill boom and not a boom bot?

The card says "played" not "summoned" so it shouldn't trigger on any battlecry minions but those minions will cause the played minion to get hit because it increased the minion count enough to trigger it.

I see, I know that is soon to ask this but are the cards from this wing viable to change the meta?

Too early to say honestly. It will take people some time to experiment with them.

It seems like people are having some success with Reno already though. There's already complaints about him on the Blizzard forums lol.

johnsmith

remember me
"Feel my taint"

Too early to say honestly. It will take people some time to experiment with them.

It seems like people are having some success with Reno already though. There's already complaints about him on the Blizzard forums lol.

So I make a deck with 1 of each card, or does it count the cards left, as in if I had 2 of them in the deck, but drew one and played it, would it work

So I make a deck with 1 of each card, or does it count the cards left, as in if I had 2 of them in the deck, but drew one and played it, would it work

It only takes into account what's currently in your deck at the time you play him. If you put two of the same card in your deck, as long as you've drawn or played one of them then Reno will still work.

the feels when you play against 4 warriors in a row, lose all of them, and one plays deathwing when all your removal is on the bottom every game. I'm doing terrible this season.

The Adder

Banned
So I tried to fit Summoning Stone into a Priest burn deck, and Summoning Stone => Inner Fire has been a consistently strong move when I've been able to make it. The problem is that I don't know how to pilot the Priest burn deck well at all.

Dahbomb

Saw a Hunter try to play the Hat in a Midrange deck.

It was the worst thing ever.

There was a time where he had to double hat his Misha to stay alive and I silenced it then he conceded with the swiftness.

I played against a Control Warrior using a Reno Jackson. It was superior obvious it was a Reno Jackson deck... he was using stuff like Crush/Armorsmith/King's Defender etc.

squidyj

okay so this is generally how battlecries and stuff work

I play the card
>the card triggers the battlecry
>the battlecry resolves
>the minion comes into play

it's the same idea as

play fire elemental
>target mad scientist
>battlecry resolves
>mad scientist dies
>>deathrattle resolves pulling mirror entity
> fire elemental comes into play
mirror entity copies fire elemental.

the chain of effects resolves like recursive function calls.

Dahbomb

Reno Jackson decks are pretty fun to play and play against.

Even if these decks aren't competitive or that strong, I am glad that Blizzard put a card like this in the game.

butts

RENO FUCKING JACKSON BOYS

Just won me 3 games in a row vs. face hunter. The long delay after you play it into a concede is SOOOOOOOO satisfying.

Dahbomb

Just won me 3 games in a row vs. face hunter. The long delay after you play it into a concede is SOOOOOOOO satisfying.
The problem is actually drawing it most of the time though.

Like if you are playing a slightly gimped deck and you don't draw Reno you are in a world of hurt.

As far as my Reno lock deck goes, it plays similar to standard Handlock but I am thinking of adding a second Molten Giant. Molten Giants are too powerful in the deck and just one of it feels a bit weak. The rest of the cards I am fine with one ofs as they have some replacements. I could use one extra taunt giver as well like Sunfury but that would be pushing it.

manhack

Yeah it looks like RJ is going to be a meta definer. I mean you could play anti-aggro decks before, but RJ can really screw up an aggressive or all in deck way more than heal bot ever could.

I think it is a great design because you either have to build a deck around it or if you don't build around you have to take a chance it won't activate when you need it. It's a super strong effect that isn't OP.

Looking forward to the rest of this expansion if the 1st wing is already showing promise.

Dahbomb

If Reno Jackson becomes popular then it will become really hard to remember the various deck lists and keep track of all the cards. It would of course bring a lot of cards into the forefront, cards that were almost good but had better counterparts.

I still got whooped by Secret Paladin and Tempo Mage though. Secret Paladin I even got Reno to go off.

Mulgrok

win streak from rank 8 almost to rank 5.... losing streak back to rank 8

I should stop trying to play my crappy mid range hunter deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This is what I'm running for Reno:

http://i.imgur.com/MLVApWe.png

That deck can beat aggro if you draw Reno early, and destroys midrange and control decks by simply out controlling them, at least at the rank I'm at currently. It's completely helpless against secret paladin though.

I think there's definitely potential to Reno. Never going to be a tempostorm tier 1 deck by any means but a tier 4 maybe. It's just going to take a little time to figure out what that is.

manhack

win streak from rank 8 almost to rank 5.... losing streak back to rank 8

I should stop trying to play my crappy mid range hunter deck.

I think that Handlock and Mid-Range hunter are the 2 best decks that get totally crapped on in the current meta. Will be interesting to see how LoE changes things I could see both of these decks becoming good again.

manhack

That deck can beat aggro if you draw Reno early, and destroys midrange and control decks by simply out controlling them, at least at the rank I'm at currently. It's completely helpless against secret paladin though.

I think there's definitely potential to Reno. Never going to be a tempostorm tier 1 deck by any means but a tier 4 maybe. It's just going to take a little time to figure out what that is.

For a bunch of 1-of's that is a damn good looking deck.

Dahbomb

That looks a lot like standard Midrange Paladin.. which is a good thing.

Dahbomb

What do you think about this deck with the addition of Rumbling Elemental and Jeweled Scarab?
You should probably put in Malygos and add in a few more spells to gain another win condition.

Any late game Shaman deck pretty much requires cards like Healing Wave and Elemental Destruction.

f0lken

Seems worse than totem Shaman. Too many big dragons, not enough early game, and only 1 Fire Elemental is always a mistake IMO

Really is no worse than Totem Shaman, (Shaman is my only gold hero so I know that deck very well), What about cutting Deathwing, Alex and Chillmaw for another Fire Elemental and 2 Faeric dragons?

You should probably put in Malygos and add in a few more spells to gain another win condition.

Any late game Shaman deck pretty much requires cards like Healing Wave and Elemental Destruction.

I agree on healing wave, but the rumbling elemental has been working nice for board control, specially with flame juggler and BW Corruptor and Fire Elemental, I am currently 6-4 so like all Shaman decks is not the best, less so because I am experimenting and you are right that it desperately needs a strong winning condition (doomhamer-rockbitterweapon perhaps?), what I want is to put rumbling elemental to good use, it has given me nice results whenever it is on the board, but the sample of 10 games so far has been small

Dahbomb

I would cut Death wing for Fire Elemental. Keep Alex and Chill maw if you want the dragon synergy. Faerie Dragon doesn't do much so don't use it.

Thing is that I don't know if Dragon Shaman is best for exploiting the Rumbling Elemental. It does have quite some Battle Cries though.

f0lken

I would cut Death wing for Fire Elemental. Keep Alex and Chill maw if you want the dragon synergy. Faerie Dragon doesn't do much so don't use it.

Thing is that I don't know if Dragon Shaman is best for exploiting the Rumbling Elemental. It does have quite some Battle Cries though.

I am already trying another that seems to work best, or at least I am having more fun playing it, all because I suddenly realized "Why the fuck I don't have Dr 7 in there?"

Pooya

wiped face hunter's board, I was at 5 health he had bow too, then I waited for rope muhahhahaha. Greetings Traveler! after GT!, Played Reno Jackson at the end of rope. SILENCE. The card is immediately hovered with a long pause after, CONCEDE. Best troll card ever.

I feel it works fairly well in rogue, since you run quite a few legendary cards anyway, (Loatheb, Thalnos, Edwin, sometimes Dr. Boom), quite a few other singles too. I feel you can change some cards to make it almost guaranteed to work. Like maybe instead of two SI7s, run one and an under city valiant instead or I could cut one sprint too and the deck could be better with it even. Some cards that can't be replaced are the spells, sap, eviscerate, backstab, prep which I haven't found problematic yet. You can have 6-7 duplicates and it will be still consistent.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
For a bunch of 1-of's that is a damn good looking deck.

That looks a lot like standard Midrange Paladin.. which is a good thing.

Thanks. I've been fine tuning it pretty much all day.

It's not midrange though. It's a true control. Only one 1 drop, two 2 drops, and two 3 drops which means you're hitting the hero power a lot early game. You just have so much healing, quality 4+ drops, and tech cards that you can usually catch up extremely easily as you get further and further into the game.

manhack

Thanks. I've been fine tuning it pretty much all day.

It's not midrange though. It's a true control. Only one 1 drop, two 2 drops, and two 3 drops which means you're hitting the hero power a lot early game. You just have so much healing, quality 4+ drops, and tech cards that you can usually catch up extremely easily as you get further and further into the game.

Here is another version I found:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/367118-were-gonna-be-rich

Top Bottom