• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

this graph shows the probability of reno being 'active' after N card draws with M duplicates in the deck.

In reality the probabilities are potentially superior to this graph. if your duplicates are in the early game you stand to keep them in mulligan or even mulligan for them. additionally deck thinning effects like mad scientist which 'draw' cards from a more limited set than your entire deck can allow you to run duplicates more safely.
I tried with 2 duplicates in Handlock and immediately got punished by a Hunter. I had Reno in hand but both of my Molten and Sunfury were in the deck so Reno was just a body. Went back to the no duplicate Reno deck and have been doing much better.

Just played a control warrior with my inspire control warrior deck... and his last card was not gromm but varian. I mean, I was far ahead in both fatigue and board presence... so why'd he string me along til dropping varian to deal 50 damage to himself lol.

ZZMitch

Living the Turn 1 Dream...

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2011-14-15%2000.33.23_zpspp5qt9q6.png

jgminto

So Kripp is playing Reno Fatigue Warrior? He runs quite a few dupes too but says it's pretty easy to play until he draws all his duplicates.

Hycran

Banned
So Kripp is playing Reno Fatigue Warrior? He runs quite a few dupes too but says it's pretty easy to play until he draws all his duplicates.

It's interesting because he has triggered the Reno multiple times, but it just seems like it is functioning as a win more card in a deck that is so good at stalling that the health reno grants is actually superfluous. If he included an Emporer or even a Piloted Sky Golem, it would probably be better.

jgminto

It's interesting because he has triggered the Reno multiple times, but it just seems like it is functioning as a win more card in a deck that is so good at stalling that the health reno grants is actually superfluous. If he included an Emporer or even a Piloted Sky Golem, it would probably be better.

It does mean that it's safer to save his Shieldmaidens/Blocks for slamming when he can burn health, then armor a bunch to slam a threat and then heal back to 30 with Reno.

Already running into a lot of different decks because of Reno. I love it. Also healed up from 1 against a face hunter. Feels good man. Playing a fun warlock deck with reno and whizzle and a summon portal and lots of big drops.

Jrmint

I'm loving Reno, except I hardly ever draw him. Lost to 2 scumbag hunters since I never drew him.

It's like I want to play different decks and still getting fucked.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Controversial but I don't like Arcane Golem in the current Meta. If you don't use it as a finisher you give up to much tempo giving the other player that 1 mana.

I prefer wolf + horse for 3 mana charge.

Beating a rank 100ish legendary oil rogue with my control rogue... feels good man.

He fucked up of course, making an 8/8 van cleef and wasting his first prep and blade flurry to do so with so little impact. Had a aldor in hand. Sucks to be him. He lost a match up that is hard to lose with the draws he had.

5-1 today so far. Only lost to a douchey freeze mage ;)

1 win away from rank 1 but its about time to take a break.

It's been awhile since I've done so, so I figured I'd compile a list of questions and pester Zeriyah (the Hearthstone community manager).

Anyone got any specific questions they want forwarded?

Dahbomb

What deck was he playing?
Last time I saw him he was playing a Controlish Reno Paladin.

It's been awhile since I've done so, so I figured I'd compile a list of questions and pester Zeriyah (the Hearthstone community manager).

Anyone got any specific questions they want forwarded?
Most of the questions I would ask the HS team would not get answered or if they did it would be some PR non answer that is standard from Blizzard.

Mostly what I want to know is what crazy low attack creature they added in LoE that they were finally able to add because they nerfed Warsong Commander?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mostly what I want to know is what crazy low attack creature they added in LoE that they were finally able to add because they nerfed Warsong Commander?

Murloc Tinyfin.

Hobgoblin Charge was too stronk.

Tagyhag

So I've been picking up on a few things on Arena.

-Card drawing is key
-NEVER draft a joust, you will lose it all the time
-If you draft Paladin, choose him, the amount of better cards that they have is stupid.

Any other tips?

I know I can go to HearthArena to maximize my draft but I don't find that particularly fun. While the arena rewards are great, half the fun is using a deck that I chose and not an algorithm.

Dragner

Im playing a variation os Lifecoach deck and dude, if Im not having my best time in HS. Reno is an amazing card, it let you build a deck with your pet cards like Kel thuzad and dont be punished because Reno is an insane comeback card that avoid being punish most of the time, and Paladin has the tools to fight for the board enough to make it happen.

Dragner

yay... combolock twice in a row. Fuck this shit sometimes. 20+ damage from hand. What a concept.

Before people point to druid, druid does not have the warlock hero power.

Yeah im amuse about people arguing about druid all the time when warlock has the best hero power, great board clears, insane minions and even combo burst.

What did druid to the people? idk... Malfurion Raped and Killed a girl in 1990 i suppose.

Haunted

I did not imagine Reno being a viable card with its specific activation requirement, fun that people are figuring out ways to play him.

squidyj

I tried with 2 duplicates in Handlock and immediately got punished by a Hunter. I had Reno in hand but both of my Molten and Sunfury were in the deck so Reno was just a body. Went back to the no duplicate Reno deck and have been doing much better.

....doing much better than a single match that you lost. where both your moltens were in your deck........

Dragner

This Reckful vs Stancifka Warrior mirror ResidentSleeper, not also going to fatigue with 70 armor...they are also roping all the turns because they are adjusting the fatigue math each turn...

lol, Reckful forgot to mulligan and then conceded the tourney ;>

Edit: Stancifka gave him another chance for a rematch. The drama continues.

AzureSky

played more with scarab in a midrange beast hunter deck and i think i have to revise my opinion a bit. It might not be amazing, but it's pretty usefull. You get relevant cards frequently and the 1/1 body can often be buffed or just used for beast synergy.
I guess it works best with classes who have great 3-mana cards and can utilize the weak body. Hunter and shaman are obvious choices.

I created my own Reno Warlock deck today. First chance that I had to play Reno for a massive heal, I accidentally clicked on my Dread Infernal instead. Woops!

I went on to win the next two games with it, but Reno wasn't a factor in those wins. Still fun to experiment!

Top Bottom