• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Cipherr

Living the Turn 1 Dream...

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2011-14-15%2000.33.23_zpspp5qt9q6.png

Hate that card. I just concede when I see a druid do that to me
Kny6Jkg.png

Owzers

I have enough dust to craft one good deck but i can't decide between Paladin or Druid. I want something versatile for ladder climbing to rank 5 since my facery hunter is failing. Maybe with Reno?

also, apparently i was close to the 300 gold some type of victory bonus so i got to open packs, glorious packs. Finally got an armorsmith and managed to snag Lord Jaraxxus. For a second t here i thought it was Alextrazza but that's still good. I don't have any giants though so handlock seems far away still.

I have enough dust to craft one good deck but i can't decide between Paladin or Druid. I want something versatile for ladder climbing to rank 5 since my facery hunter is failing. Maybe with Reno?

also, apparently i was close to the 300 gold some type of victory bonus so i got to open packs, glorious packs. Finally got an armorsmith and managed to snag Lord Jaraxxus. For a second t here i thought it was Alextrazza but that's still good. I don't have any giants though so handlock seems far away still.

secret paladin is probably an easier deck to win with, and you can always transition to a good midrange deck. Im not a fan of aggro druid, but I cant complain that it gets the job done

Dragner

Paladin is a good craft, but have in mind that secret paladin is not safe of a possible nerf (card is being watched), so you have to be aware of that and gather cards to transition into midrange paladin if that happens.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i just lost to turn 1 elven archer in arena

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Playing arena. I have two 1/1 spectral spiders, a 6/5 fire elemental, and a 0/2 totem on the board. My opponent has a dark iron dwarf.

He plays mad bomber, kills both spiders and hits the fire elemental for one.

rage.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Midrange Paladin is one of the best starter decks. It's the best mix of easy to play while still teaching you how to play the game. It's also very customizable if you want to swap out a couple of cards to beat a certain meta or try out something fun.

The main synergies are equality, consecrate, knife juggler, muster for battle, justicar trueheart, and quartermaster so you probably don't want to touch those cards, but pretty much everything else is individually picked to get the best value against the current meta.

Owzers

Midrange Paladin is one of the best starter decks. It's the best mix of easy to play while still teaching you how to play the game. It's also very customizable if you want to swap out a couple of cards to beat a certain meta or try out something fun.

The main synergies are equality, consecrate, knife juggler, muster for battle, justicar trueheart, and quartermaster so you probably don't want to touch those cards, but pretty much everything else is individually picked to get the best value against the current meta.

I think i might start with Secret Paladin and then migrate to midrange, especially since i already have a golden mysterious challenger and if it gets nerfed that will help me get justicar. I'll have to craft a coghammer, Tirion, and second challenger to round out the secret deck, which will take half my dust. Midrange does sound more fun though since i can add different things easier. Secrets take up a lot of slots.

Dahbomb

Quite a few of those Naxx bosses are easier now because we have more cards to play with to counter the bosses. It's no surprise that the adventures have been getting easier and easier.

Tarazet

Yeah im amuse about people arguing about druid all the time when warlock has the best hero power, great board clears, insane minions and even combo burst.

What did druid to the people? idk... Malfurion Raped and Killed a girl in 1990 i suppose.

Aquarium Zoo is still funny as hell and effective. I'd love to see if anyone can come up with an updated murgle deck for the current meta.

Dahbomb

Warlock's hero power allows it to be the most versatile class in the game. It can play control, aggro, midrange and even combo plus the occasional synergy stuff like Dragonlock or crazy stuff like Malylock.

Compare this to Hunter which is locked into Aggro/Midrange at the slowest because of the Hunter power.

Issue these days with Warlock is the the meta is so tempo based that you get punished hard for tapping. If you are tapping then that means you are losing 3 health and not doing anything on the board for that mana... it's negative tempo.

That's why I feel Reno is a very good fit for Warlock in general. Warlock needs over powered heals that's why they bother putting double Healbots in their deck (nowadays almost no other class puts in double Healbots in their deck) and why they can probably afford to gimp their deck to put in Reno. Not to mention that because of their hero power, they can tap furiously and have more chance to have Reno in hand. It kinda works both ways... Reno allows them to tap more and by tapping more they are more likely to have Reno in hand.They probably need a few more tools like Eerie Statue and a 3rd taunt activator to really make Renolock shine.

I really like playing that deck and I will probably take the deck to rank 5 at least this month if I have the time. If I don't then I will just ez mode Secret Paladin to rank 5.

Mulgrok

Killed some poor control warrior by turn 5 with my divine shield paladin... that turn 3 12/12 blood knight was too much for him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
good god even with Reno, freeze mages just cant' beat control war

The freeze mage's HP doesn't really matter much. Even if they could trigger the reno effect 5 times in a match, they just hit the damage capout way under what the warrior tanks up beyond.

Holy shit the roar sound effect is insanely loud now. Just blew my eardrums out using savage roar.

I wonder if an old bug returned then. If what I remember is correct, back in the beta when you used Savage Roar, it would play the Savage Roar sound effect once for each character effected. Basically if you play it with seven minions on the board, you'll hear the same sound eight times.

There's the same bug in the collection menu too. If you disenchant more than one card directly, it'll stack the sound effect. What's great with that bug is it'll play even if the sound is muted.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
good god even with Reno, freeze mages just cant' beat control war

Freeze Mages have a finite amount of damage in their deck because all of their damage comes from Alexstrasza and spells. They don't have any real minions threats that can keep chipping away at that armor. This is why the only time freeze mages win that fight is via Antonidas, because it puts more damage in their deck/hand.

For Freeze Mages to be able to bust through Control Warrior, they would need some kind of card that can just eliminate a Warrior's entire stack of armor. Throwing more heal cards in there does not solve this problem.

Dahbomb

Guys I told you before Reno is not useful against other control decks.

Minus Freeze Mage, it actually improves Handlock match up against Freeze Mage considerably.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wonder if an old bug returned then. If what I remember is correct, back in the beta when you used Savage Roar, it would play the Savage Roar sound effect once for each character effected. Basically if you play it with seven minions on the board, you'll hear the same sound eight times.

There's the same bug in the collection menu too. If you disenchant more than one card directly, it'll stack the sound effect. What's great with that bug is it'll play even if the sound is muted.

I think they fixed the loud disenchant bug but it's here for savage roar and UTH atleast.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Renolock is pretty fun. 30 different cards = 39 different kinds of fun!

Xanathus

Freeze Mage is actually really bad right now at high level matches from what I've seen at the Seatstory Cup. Most top-tier tempo decks have sticky minions that can't be cleared by any of Mage's AOE removals, and all run Loatheb. I'm seeing Freeze Mage lose many of the "favorable" match ups time and time again and all it takes for that to happen is for the tempo deck to get a decent starting curve and Freeze Mage to *not* get perfect answers from the start.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ Freeze Mage being tier 1.

People are being too swayed by the results of Blizzcon. It's still just a single tournament with a very specific format. Anyone who saw the Seatstory matches know that Secret Paladin and Druids are dominating it. And that's because the format is one that favors OP decks unlike the Blizzcon format.

Tier 1 is Secret Paladin and Druid. No other decks have as many cheap stuff as that in the game at this moment so it's crazy to put anything alongside those decks.

Tier 1 decks should be reserved for decks that if they draw well they can beat ANY match up. Freeze Mage can draw the nuts and still lose to Grim Patron and CW deck.

Tier 1 decks should be reserved for decks that if they draw well they can beat ANY match up. Freeze Mage can draw the nuts and still lose to Grim Patron and CW deck.

And how does secret paladin beat Grim Patron? I believe the match up is in the CW favour too.

I agree midrange paladin is top at the moment, but not aggro druid. Aggro druid is good because people are not yet playing for it.

Dahbomb

And how does secret paladin beat Grim Patron? I believe the match up is in the CW favour too.
Like they beat every match up ie. draw well and curve well plus not play like an idiot. Just because the match is in their favor doesn't mean they will always win. This is not the case of Freeze Mage vs Warriors which is why Freeze Mage should never be a tier 1 deck (unless Warriors are somehow rendered unplayable).

What I am saying is that a deck shouldn't be tier 1 if it has even one 9-1 match up among good decks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Renolock is the ticket boyssss.

qTVRaJe.jpg

THE DREAM
KILLER

Hero

So do you guys unlock adventure stuff with gold? I took a long long long break from the game and feel like I'm really behind because I don't have all the adventure cards but don't feel like dropping real money on unlocking them.

So do you guys unlock adventure stuff with gold? I took a long long long break from the game and feel like I'm really behind because I don't have all the adventure cards but don't feel like dropping real money on unlocking them.

I was saving up but I didn't think they would announce it and then it comes out almost immediately, I think I will just miss out on having 700 gold for wing 4

What else are you going to do with the gold, buy TGT packs? LOL.

So basically yes, I use gold because you reach that point where buying packs is really a waste of time. I'm really glad I was saving up for no particular reason. Actually the loooong TGT release time probably got me into the habit. Maybe that is why Blizzard dropped this one so quickly.

Like they beat every match up ie. draw well and curve well plus not play like an idiot.

You can curve well of course. But if Patron gets their cards, like turn 5 patron? It is all over. Watch somebody like Forsen who plays secret paladin a lot. He basically instant concedes.

Pooya

So apparently making Reno glow is hard to do as it increases server load or something.

I was playing patron and spellslinger gave me explorer's hat, he got rekt. lol

manhack

I don't care if Reno Jackson is inconsistent. I'm having too much fun beating aggro decks with Control Rogue at the moment.

I still get killed on turn 6 by secret paladin and hunter if they draw the nuts and I whiff on a 2 or 3 drop, but at least I know that I have the tools now to handle the aggression.

Xanathus

The client probably doesn't know the contents of your deck until they're drawn.

I know, just saying they could easily program the client to store a copy of your decks client-side and refer to it from there. It won't use the decks for actual play and drawing but just as reference for these sort of calculations. It's also probably part of the solution for adding more deck slots. Storing caches of deck lists is such a trivial thing that should only take less than a week to implement and test.

Top Bottom