• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

AHAHAAHAH Kripp got killed by OTK Worgen...

40 damage from hand with no board. Now stream chat is going ham with:

Raging Worgen created a strategy that revolved around killing your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Controlling the board and playing slow makes an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but dealing 40 damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive

BLIZZARD NERF PLZ!!!!

Owzers

playing against a midrange hunter....put down a loatheb and then attacked with my pilot shredder because i don't remember to do the other way first.

Doomsayer.

pretty much lost me the game as i have no other minions at the time.

lost to a midrange paladin.
lost to a basic ramp druid just adding down beef every turn, aspirant, innervate 4/4 charge druid of the claw guy, flame juggler, pilot shredder, loatheb, savage roar. Toast turn 6.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thank you Reno for making every other class more innovative.

Gawd bless.

KuroNeeko

Here's the priest deck that I posted a couple pages back. I think it's exactly what you're talking about it.

I think it's technically a midrange combo priest... There's just a lot of synergy in there, and people don't expect it. It's got a lot of early control and there's so many targets for the combo. an uncontested Injured blademaster, tournament medic, or even bone guard luitenant can just end the game on turn 6 or 7... and if it goes late you can end up with some amazing board states with medic, spawn of shadows, and baron geddon.

It's a lot of fun to play, and I know it has a lot more potential then I'm able to get out of it because I'm constantly misplaying the combos but still pulling off cool shit. I posted it early because I was hoping someone who's way better then me could try it out and lemme know what they think. maybe that's you?

I'm no priest pro, but I'll put aside my mech priest long enough to give this a spin. I love me some janky priest!

Tarazet

Let's be clear - FACERS are calling for a nerf. Their pleas fall on deaf ears, because I'm all out of fucks to give (not that I have any say in the matter).

Keep crying, face hunters : D You might have to use actual strategy now.

I don't think Reno does much against face decks. If you get to that point and you're not on the point of death, your chances of victory are high with or without the heal. On the other hand, if you leave the aggro deck with a solid board and drop Reno, who offers no board protection, the game can potentially be over in their favor in 1-2 turns after Reno is played since you spent a huge amount of mana on a body that can only kill one minion at a time, and on a pivotal turn for any aggro deck.

Reno is stronger against decks like Freeze Mage, who can't afford to see her damage cards wasted, or just generally against other control decks as an additional ace.

Haly

I lost track of which deck I was playing and Reno'd for 0 at 4 life against a Secretdin.

Won anyway
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I just lost three straight games to three straight Renos. The last one, the guy even played a card to recall him to his hand afterwards. Then he mind controlled my Rhonin, and I closed Hearthstone immediately.

Now to never play again.

Haly

Today I learned:

With Christmas tree up...
Unstable Ghoul
Sheep
Kill Ghoul
Ghoul's Deathrattle Kills Sheep
Ghoul gets Revived
Sheep gets Avenged, despite being at 0 health from Ghoul's Deathrattle.

crazy.gif

I am 6-0 with ryzen's control rogue deck. It isn't much different from what I built so far but I like the few small changes.

Even when I completely fucked up vs fatigue mage, I still won due to the sheer value of anubarak. And I just played a fatigue warrior (double coldlight + reno deck) where I must have played anubarak 10 times.

Is there a glitch where if your opponent leaves it doesn't count for a quest? Just won 2 paladin matches in a row and didn't proc the 2 paladin win quest..

Dahbomb

I am 6-0 with ryzen's control rogue deck. It isn't much different from what I built so far but I like the few small changes.

Even when I completely fucked up vs fatigue mage, I still won due to the sheer value of anubarak. And I just played a fatigue warrior (double coldlight + reno deck) where I must have played anubarak 10 times.
In the GAF TGT re-review I specifically brought up Anubarak at the end as a card that becomes insane strong in a Reno meta.

Basically all the cards that were too slow in TGT are now really strong.

Today I played against 3 Control Paladins. They were using stuff like Enter the Colisseum, Kelthuzad and Eadric. It was a guessing game on what they would play next. I thought I was safe after a single Equality but then Enter the Colisseum crushed me. I did beat him though.

Also Ragnaros is back! I played only one Secret Paladin tonight (and lost in a super close match).

Is it time for Mistcaller Control Shaman? Ayy lmao

Dude milled my Reno. I was hella upset.

Duplicate Antonidas is unstoppable though.
How the fuck did this guy lose? Must have been a terrible player. Like did he blow all of his removals on Scientists and stuff?

Haly

How the fuck did this guy lose? Must have been a terrible player. Like did he blow all of his removals on Scientists and stuff?

On my midrange minions like Belcher and shit.

Just lost to Patron because I didn't account for Grom/Deathbite. First Patron player I saw since LoE though.

Aside from Renolock, the other Reno decks aim to grind out decks. Especially that Warrior deck which demolishes control decks because it will just out last them and take the game into fatigue or mill their cards with Coldlights.

Reno is actually a big buff for the fatigue decks that can out last control decks because their big weakness was being overrun by aggro (as stuff like Coldlight would just refill their ammo). Reno prevents this which means that these decks can concentrate on just countering the control.

There are two kinds of Reno decks now.

There's the Highlander decks which are usually Renolocks and Reno-Paladins which basically just play a different version of their standard lists just one version of each card and Reno. These decks are better against aggro/combo burn decks but worse against control (because a Renolock is not favored against classic Handlock).

However there are the super late game fatigue Reno decks with stuff like Fatigue Mage and Immortal Fatigue Warrior. They basically just grind out the game and they don't even care to try to kill you from board, they will kill you from fatigue. They actually run two copies of important cards because they play the super long game and Reno is like a late game heal for them or to win in the fatigue war. They runs stuff like Coldlight Oracles and Deathlords.

Like look at this Warrior list

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/371062-immortal-warrior

And tell me how a non Handlock control deck is supposed to kill that. And these fatigue decks actually counter the highlander Reno decks as well (minus Handlock if it manages to get out Jaraxxus early).

For curiosity, I ran that warrior list on ladder around 13-14 rank tonight. Went 8-2, pleasantly surprised with how consistent Reno ended up being. Almost every game went to fatigue, took just a little over two hours to play these ten games. No gods, only armor up.

Loto

I must be in the trash mets at rank 5. You guys get control/fatigue. I'm getting aggro Druid and face hunter. 😫

Yay, rank 10 for the first time

Why do some people rope last turn with lethal? Would expect more from people with golden heroes

That is nothing. I played against a gold priest with legend card back who roped every turn from turn 1 til turn 20. No joke. And fuck him, I'm not gonna concede to that shit. I'm patient as hell and I didn't even care if I won or lost from the start.

If you want to flood the board then there are better options.

614.gif

Reliquary is probably a bit of a sleeper hit I think. WHILE I don't think it'll be great, it will be at least playable in the right deck. Zoo has become pretty great at filling their own board, and unlike sea giant, reliquary is easier to combo off of implosion.

Dahbomb

I must be in the trash mets at rank 5. You guys get control/fatigue. I'm getting aggro Druid and face hunter. 😫
I guess the non rank 5 folks are having a little fun before getting their monthly rewards. I will probably play a few more days of Renolock then use Secret Paladin to get to rank 5 in a day or something then use Renolock again at rank 5.

Xanathus

Kripp still so goddamn awful at constructed, he gave Renolock free Molten Giant Shadowflame when he had the game 100% won by just not attacking face.

NBtoaster

Had some funny business with Hearthstone deck tracker. I was playing Priest, and at the start of the game it complained I was using the wrong deck because of a Sea Reaver. Turns out it was my opponents hand. Current version is very buggy.

Moonlight

Banned
I lost to some weird-ass Murloc Warlock deck. Saltiest I've ever been after a loss, lol.

Dark Peddler was surprisingly good, too. Kept drawing into the right cards for removal (Mortal Coil, Soulfire, etc).

Tarazet

I lost to some weird-ass Murloc Warlock deck. Saltiest I've ever been after a loss, lol.

Dark Peddler was surprisingly good, too. Kept drawing into the right cards for removal (Mortal Coil, Soulfire, etc).

Aquarium will still kick your ass if you don't trade fast enough.

Phawx

Went up against a Reno Control warrior. We both went into fatigue but I lost. Justicar is a great warrior card.

sibarraz

Banned
Which card should I craft next?
Anubarak or Neptulon

I had seen a shaman archetype that seems super cool and viable and I'm only missing that card

Same with control rogue, never liked oil, but now that maybe will be viable I'm only misssing Anubarak

Pooya

These weird mage decks are really annoying, you can't plan for anything. anything is possible, f creativity. I have no idea what are those secrets when he played like 5 secrets and summoning stone, I have no idea what you are doing. just play freeze mage or tempo so that I know how to play. Playing patron seems really awful right now with all these weird shit, without proper planning the deck is helpless. I'm thinking of putting charge and worgen now, there is always could be an out like that. /rant

also f priests. /salt

Szadek

Which card should I craft next?
Anubarak or Neptulon

I had seen a shaman archetype that seems super cool and viable and I'm only missing that card

Same with control rogue, never liked oil, but now that maybe will be viable I'm only misssing Anubarak
Better wait till the adventure is over.

Phawx

I was trying to save classic packs until the next full expansion but I caved and opened the 8 I had saved up last night. Managed to get Cenarius, so I think I will save to 8 classic packs all the time now.

Top Bottom