• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Turn 2 Nerubian Egg
Turn 3 Unearthed Raptor + backstab on egg

Opponent conceded

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with Rogue now.

You see a Turn 2 Egg and now you have to make the decision as to whether or not you can risk the Raptor follow-up. You might have to kill the egg.

If you thought a Paladin playing Turn 2 juggler was threatening....

I pulled a Raptor off on a Sneed's which was pretty great. Looking forward to pulling off some stupid stuff with it soon. I'm wondering if I want to try to get Stalagg and Fuegen in the deck I'm running but they're only really good when you can trigger Thaddius right away.

Xanathus

I find the problem with Deathrattle Rogue is that it's lacking a finisher, you have all these sticky minions but without something like Savage Roar you don't have a burst to capitalize on it.

Rockyrock

Rogue control seems viable finally

I want to make an "OverCry" shaman but i feel like thats gonna take a shit load of tinkering.

ughhh this damn game needs more deck slots like yesterday. i wanna try out so much new stuff but I hate having to delete existing decks I still like to play. And I dont even make that many decks. I can only imagine how annoying it is for others.

Got lucky as hell and Reno'd up from 1 health against heroic Scarvash. Even against the AI it feels good.

Wish they weren't skipping next week. I'm really looking forward to Sir Finley.

ViviOggi

Thanks to Renolock I've been enjoying playing constructed again for the first time since Patron's execution. Well over 80% winrate across my iterations too, and although I'm pretty happy with the most recent version there's always room for improvement. What you lose in consistency over regular Handlock you gain in flexibility, it's great. While the fatigue meta was just a fad (thankfully tbh) I can legit see Renolock as a solid tier 2 deck for the foreseeable future.

Glad to have you back ViviO.

highfive.gif

Got lucky as hell and Reno'd up from 1 health against heroic Scarvash. Even against the AI it feels good.

Wish they weren't skipping next week. I'm really looking forward to Sir Finley.

Considering that I currently have 45 gold, I'm glad they're skipping next week. That quick turn around from announcement to release caught me off guard.

Dahbomb

I find the problem with Deathrattle Rogue is that it's lacking a finisher, you have all these sticky minions but without something like Savage Roar you don't have a burst to capitalize on it.
You can't just combine Oil with the Deathrattle? Makes a lot of sense to me there, the sticky minions are more likely to gain the Oil buff.

Sheroking

Playing some Beast Hunter and Deathrattle rogue 30 minutes after the new wing and cards drop.

5 opponents: Classic handlock, classic control warrior x3 and tempo mage. Boring motherfuckers play Hearthstone, I swear.

Duster

Playing some Beast Hunter and Deathrattle rogue 30 minutes after the new wing and cards drop.

5 opponents: Classic handlock, classic control warrior x3 and tempo mage. Boring motherfuckers play Hearthstone, I swear.

Give 'em a chance! It'll take me a few more days to get the gold, damn these 40g quests.

I agree with the general point though.

I've enjoyed the tavern brawl this week mostly because it's the ideal chance to practice with Rogue (as I don't really have the cards to play it in constructed), hopefully that practice will transfer to the arena as that's a more costly place to learn.

Xanathus

You can't just combine Oil with the Deathrattle? Makes a lot of sense to me there, the sticky minions are more likely to gain the Oil buff.

The problem is that Oil is way too expensive if you're running a tempo deck. You need to fit in Preparation with that and then you will want Blade Flurry and Sprint but at that point you become Oil Rogue and can't fit in the Deathrattle minions.

ZealousD

The same is true of Midrange Paladin.

Either way, I've started thinking that maybe you could run 2x Piloted Sky Golem in a deathrattle rogue deck. They'd fit the same role as Higmanes, basically.

The same is true of Midrange Paladin.

Either way, I've started thinking that maybe you could run 2x Piloted Sky Golem in a deathrattle rogue deck. They'd fit the same role as Higmanes, basically.

I'm running 2 Piloted Sky Golem in my deathrattle raptor rogue deck, and they have been pretty good so far

Dahbomb

You definitely need Cold Bloods in that Rogue deck. Basically as soon as the opponent sees the egg they start racing. I thought players would be pressured to break the egg to deny the Raptor but people just ignore all the minions. My matches have been fast either way.

Belcher are a must of course. I think you just play this deck like Midrange Hunter and instead of Highmanes you use Sky Golems.

I think with some refinements this could be a threatening deck for sure. I am just not sure which end of the spectrum it will fit in, gut is saying Midrange.

jgminto

Tunnel Trogg should use the old Undertaker effect. Overload is such a loss of tempo that +1/1 wouldn't be a ridiculous card. You'd basically have a card that earns back some of that mana tempo.

f0lken

As I expected. People were getting hyped for it and it does nothing for Shaman that Zombie Chow doesn't do already.

Yeah, I was hoping because of the wording (whenever you overload, gain 1 attack per locked crystal) that it worked like this: tunnel trog---> totem golem = 2/3 TT, plus if in the same turn you played another golem it gained 1 additional attac point for the new golem plus the previous

It should say instead "It gains1 attack whenever you play a card with overload", as it is is both a worse zombie chow and mana wyrm :/

jgminto

Yeah, I was hoping because of the wording (whenever you overload, gain 1 attack per locked crystal) that it worked like this: tunnel trog---> totem golem = 2/3 TT, plus if in the same turn you played another golem it gained 1 additional attac point for the new golem plus the previous

It should say instead "It gains1 attack whenever you play a card with overload", as it is is both a worse zombie chow and mana wyrm :/

What that means is when you play an Overload card that locks more than 1 Crystal you will get more than 1 Damage. So playing Ancestral Knowledge after it would make it a 3/3.

inky

All these Rogues on ladder trying deathrattle decks is so cute. Thanks for the easy quest completion btw <3
but seriously, I'm glad there's some fucking variety in the game again ;_;

ZealousD

You definitely need Cold Bloods in that Rogue deck. Basically as soon as the opponent sees the egg they start racing. I thought players would be pressured to break the egg to deny the Raptor but people just ignore all the minions. My matches have been fast either way.

Belcher are a must of course. I think you just play this deck like Midrange Hunter and instead of Highmanes you use Sky Golems.

I think with some refinements this could be a threatening deck for sure. I am just not sure which end of the spectrum it will fit in, gut is saying Midrange.

Are you running anything in the 4 slot that's not Shredder?

I've run into the rogue list a few times. Nerubian egg in rogue? Meh. My opinion on that is it is very dumb.

edit:
To elaborate. You're running a card that is proven to be very weak in rogue to make a card combo that is only truly great when both cards are played early. To me, that is too much inconsistency.

I think the card is good but I don't think it is THAT good to make your deck much weaker to accommodate using it. It is no MC. So it'll probably take some time to find a list, if it does at all.

One rogue I played had an egg sitting on the board for the entire game until like turn 7 when he used cold blood to push four damage. That was weak. I won that.

Of course I'll probably have to try it out and see for myself. Nothing like knowing first hand I guess.

Phawx

I accidently went into a ranked game with the dumbest deck to go against heroic and I'm winning.

This is insane.

Oh shit! Jeweled Scarab got me a bronze beard (brann)

Dahbomb

Are you running anything in the 4 slot that's not Shredder?
I think one copy of Oil that's it.

I ran the Battle Cry Shaman deck. Started with Totem Golems and they sucked so I switched to Mad Bombers and they did work. Jewel Scarab works very well in here as well.

I ran into a Beast Hunter and it seemed very consistent. Seemed like it had a Beast on every turn and never ran out of steam because of Discover cards.

Man, I knew Shaman basically got nothing from this adventure and so far it seems to be holding true. As far as I can tell, because other classes are getting slightly buffed, Shaman are somehow even worse.

Doom and gloom all up in Shaman land.

Dahbomb

Man, I knew Shaman basically got nothing from this adventure and so far it seems to be holding true. As far as I can tell, because other classes are getting slightly buffed, Shaman are somehow even worse.

Doom and gloom all up in Shaman land.
It's not going to change until something is done about the overload mechanic. It's too crippling nowadays. Fuck having to play against Secret Paladin using Shaman.

Either that or Shaman gets enough non overload cards that they can make a deck out of. Right now as long as the class is reliant on using stuff like Totem Golem, Feral Spirits and Lightning Storm they can't keep up. Right now they need a Minibot tier 2 drop with no overload cost and an AOE removal that doesn't cause overload.

Only hope for Shaman at the moment is if Murloc Shaman ends up being a thing because it uses way fewer overload cards. They are getting 3 cards in that deck. Chances are that Murloc Paladin might end up being a better option anyway.

Top Bottom