• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Brann definitely improves Mill Rogue.

Though probably not enough to bring it out of gimmick status as of yet. It does give it more consistency as if you get a Coldlight early on you can combo with Bran to get 4 cards and get your other combo pieces (notably Shadow Step). You can also use it for clutch healing.

Control rogue with deathrattle minions seems like it has a lot of potential. I only played 4 matches going 3-1, but the deck feels strong.

Vs priest, played anubarak, copied with raptor before trading. Then the next turn I played anubarak and got the raptor back in hand. Then I copied anubarak again. The priest was helplessly screwed and conceded when I used healbot.

Then vs tempo mage something pretty fun happened again. Spellslinger gave me an explorer's hat. I used it on my haunted creeper and copied using raptor. This ended up giving me two hats to use repeatedly for the rest of the game, not to mention how good that was for board presence.

Definitely something I am going to keep trying out. Also pretty fun.

Dahbomb

So copying Anubarak's Deathrattle returns the Raptor to the hand.

That is actually insanely strong. For some reason I thought it gave a copy of Anubarak in your hand.

Anubarak alone demolished control decks once they ran out of Silence/Poly, with Raptor even more so.

ZZMitch

Control rogue with deathrattle minions seems like it has a lot of potential. I only played 4 matches going 3-1, but the deck feels strong.

Vs priest, played anubarak, copied with raptor before trading. Then the next turn I played anubarak and got the raptor back in hand. Then I copied anubarak again. The priest was helplessly screwed and conceded when I used healbot.

Then vs tempo mage something pretty fun happened again. Spellslinger gave me an explorer's hat. I used it on my haunted creeper and copied using raptor. This ended up giving me two hats to use repeatedly for the rest of the game, not to mention how good that was for board presence.

Definitely something I am going to keep trying out. Also pretty fun.

I've been doing well with a more Mid-range list. I don't have Anuburak or Sneed's so I can't try a more late game oriented list just yet.

DeathRouge_zps6qt6ob2j.png

I was having a lot of trouble in the beginning because of the lack of 1-drops but Clockwork Gnome fit the deck really well actually. 3 of the spare parts can activate Nerubian Egg and it can also be a deathrattle minion for Unearthed Raptor if you don't have other options. Not sure about Burgle, but I wanted something else for 3 mana and it feels a bit stronger than Fan of Knives in a more control oriented meta game. Harvest Golem is a possibility but I hate getting stuff with a minion heavy hand when behind on board. The Azure Drake and Bloodmage are also cards I am not sure about.

i procced reliquary once today out of 5 games and it was a bm move lol. Still gonna use it though lol

I got a 5 wins with Warlock quest today and decided to try out Zoo with Dark Peddler. I thought about putting Reliquary Seeker in the deck but decided against it because it's pretty rare that you have 6 minions on board. In 3 different games, I wound up with 7 minions on board. In one of those games I even had the opportunity to pick her from a Dark Peddler's Discover, but I went with Gadgetzan Jouster instead. Of course that worthless piece of crap lost its Joust to Ragnaros.

I got a 5 wins with Warlock quest today and decided to try out Zoo with Dark Peddler. I thought about putting Reliquary Seeker in the deck but decided against it because it's pretty rare that you have 6 minions on board. In 3 different games, I wound up with 7 minions on board. In one of those games I even had the opportunity to pick her from a Dark Peddler's Discover, but I went with Gadgetzan Jouster instead. Of course that worthless piece of crap lost its Joust to Ragnaros.

lol.

Ketch

Mech rogue + bronze beard is pretty sick.

I had two tinker town techs and a clockwork gnome.

My turn 7 is bronzebeard -> enhancimatic, clear his board with wind furry/divineshields.

And then turn 8 is time reminder -> prep, oil -> enhancimatic, he concedes

Edit: can u normally get two different effects on the same minion with enhancimatic? Just asking cuss I'm not sure if the double battle cry actually did anything or if it just cast the same effect on each minion twice.

Mulgrok

Did more testing with my buff paladin deck and decided this new midrangey list is more consistent than full on aggro.

EDIT: I suck at this

EDIT2: The Tuskarr have about a 50% win rate on jousts so far.

Loomba

I'm playing a match now and my opponent has been on his turn for well over 5 minutes and no rope wtf.

I don't think he can do anything, he keeps hovering over stuff but hasn't played anything.

Very strange.

EDIT: Never mind, I tried conceding after 10 minutes but nothing happened. Guess I must have lagged out. :\

Pooya

Brann looks like a card to put in certain decks if you think you can pull a combo otherwise it's not strong enough to build a deck around. I'm not seeing a battlecry shaman deck to be any better. There are some good battlecry minions with strong effect but most of the mid range ones trade poorly, you will be weak on board. Dragons are probably the strongest and they have bulky bodies still.

bjaelke

Correct me if I am wrong, but am I right in saying that avenge can't hit a minion summoned into play by shredder but it can hit a minion redemption'd?
Avenge will not trigger if you only have one minion and it gets redemptioned or the deathrattle is triggered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHdveuZXoHg

You'll need a second minion in play, and even then you're not guaranteed to trigger the secret due to order of play. Avenge checks the conditions twice (at the start of each death and at the end).
A Sludge Belcher's Slime never qualifies as a friendly minion for the purposes of triggering Avenge when the Sludge Belcher dies alone, but the Slime can be the target of Avenge provided another friendly minion was already on the board to activate it.

Avenge, Effigy and Redemption are some of the worst secrets in terms of rules and execution.

ViviOggi

Avenge can also trigger on minions put to 0 health by an AoE as long as another minion survives it. I.e. they shat out some tokens and MC, you whirlwind and are still denied the BGH on MC because it's not allowed to get 1 for 1s against Paladin.

Just fucking delete the class and be done with it.

The_Poet

Banned
Using Brann alongside Rivenderre in my dreadsteed deck. Works brilliantly.

Dark peddlers are great if you get them early, but if you get them late you can get 2 decent draws with Brann (warlock 1 drops are decent) to catch up or use brann with healbot to fuck over aggro.

Brann also makes your void terrors 7/7 when you put it between 2 dreadsteeds, and with a power overwhelming on one dreadsteed it becomes a 15/15! And before any of you mouthbreathers say "but dat bgh doe" it means it wont be used on my malganis later.

Levi

Banned
Excavated Evil should be pretty bad in Dragon Priest. It's meant more for Control Priest which doesn't play a lot of minions itself. It's also probably decent in that Priest Summoning Stone deck as well. Also Reno Priest.

I didn't expect it to be good, but I like trying new cards and thought it'd be OP vs zoo. That didn't work out, but man does it mess up that new patron list.

Peléo

Can someone check ir Brann + Rumbling Elemental + Battlecry activate Rumblin Elemntal effect 2 times? Reynad was playing a shaman deck yesterday and it didnt seem to work.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Peléo;186178661 said:
Can someone check ir Brann + Rumbling Elemental + Battlecry activate Rumblin Elemntal effect 2 times? Reynad was playing a shaman deck yesterday and it didnt seem to work.

Rumbling Elemental says "whenever you play a battlecry minion". Since you play only one minion with battlecry it only triggers once. Same with Crowd Favorite.

Dahbomb

I didn't expect it to be good, but I like trying new cards and thought it'd be OP vs zoo. That didn't work out, but man does it mess up that new patron list.
It's good vs Zoo just not in Dragon Priest because you are also playing minions on every turn. It's more of a Control Priest tool.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What about Brann + Mistcaller? Do you get +2/+2 to everything in your deck, or is it a flat +1/+1? Probably still not worth it anyway.

I would imagine you get +2/+2. Problem is you have to play two one-ofs in a row on Turn 9 and you also put The Mistcaller in your deck.

Xanathus

The question you should ask yourselves while theorycrafting those cute Brann combos is: "What does this do against Paladin?"

Frankly the only top tier consistent use I've seen for Brann is with Dragon Priest. You have early taunts to protect it, and the additional stat increases you get from it basically snowballs the game from there. It's so easy to fit in the deck too by replacing a Dark Cultist with it.

Ketch

I've been saving up dust forever and then last night I got dr.boom from a random pack..... So now what do I spend this dust on? Sylvanas?

Pooya

How good is Unearthed Raptor? .... prettty goood.

I'm not playing a control rogue. I put together some oil list with raptors, loot hoarder (thalnos is in too), eggs, haunted creeper, jeweled scarab and even clockwork gnome. It's been working really well. Turns out spare parts are good for oil rogue.

That reversing switch to block priest garbage, or killing that annoying taunt totem, popping your eggs and enable combo yes please. I don't mind using raptor on gnome at all.

I cut teacher, it's not needed here I think, if I get a raptor on a creeper it's like a cheaper more resilient board than violet teacher. I run double shredders instead. It's a lot easier to have a board now, I cut one sprint, I feel there is enough cycling with loot hoarder and scarab gives me a card too now which is nice, rogue already runs a lot of 3 drops, getting another raptor or SI7 and damn second Edwin is preeetty good. You don't need Anub'arak here it's too slow for it. I'm not running Sylvanas but maybe could work. Boom has been enough a big threat and I run belchers.

I feel this rogue now absolutely crushes any and all kind of paladin now, with sticky board and huge tempo cards there is no coming back when you fall behind.

It's so good to have turn 1 and 2 plays instead of hopping you get coin or just dagger on turn 2.

Fuck secret paladins and their godlike openings.

Zombie chows, silences, and board wipes just aren't enough to compete with the minister of curve most of the time.

So frustrating.

Pooya

oh look I opened another Lorewalker Cho, this is so rigged, this is the third one this year... I'm pretty sure this garbage has higher drop rate than the rest.

I've opened like 4 Nat Pagles too, still zero Millhouse though. I guess that's something to celebrate. How much better my collection could have been :\

How good is Unearthed Raptor? .... prettty goood.

I'm not playing a control rogue. I put together some oil list with raptors, loot hoarder (thalnos is in too), eggs, haunted creeper, jeweled scarab and even clockwork gnome. It's been working really well. Turns out spare parts are good for oil rogue.

That reversing switch to block priest garbage, or killing that annoying taunt totem, popping your eggs and enable combo yes please. I don't mind using raptor on gnome at all.

I cut teacher, it's not needed here I think, if I get a raptor on a creeper it's like a cheaper more resilient board than violet teacher. I run double shredders instead. It's a lot easier to have a board now, I cut one sprint, I feel there is enough cycling with loot hoarder and scarab gives me a card too now which is nice, rogue already runs a lot of 3 drops, getting another raptor or SI7 and damn second Edwin is preeetty good. You don't need Anub'arak here it's too slow for it. I'm not running Sylvanas but maybe could work. Boom has been enough a big threat and I run belchers.

I feel this rogue now absolutely crushes any and all kind of paladin now, with sticky board and huge tempo cards there is no coming back when you fall behind.

It's so good to have turn 1 and 2 plays instead of hopping you get coin or just dagger on turn 2.

dog straight up conceded to a nerubian egg and then two unearthed raptors by turn 4. egg into raptor seems just ridiculous right now

ViviOggi

oh look I opened another Lorewalker Cho, this is so rigged, this is the third one this year... I'm pretty sure this garbage has higher drop rate than the rest.

I've opened like 4 Nat Pagles too, still zero Millhouse though. I guess that's something to celebrate. How much better my collection could have been :
It's just rng mate. I pulled 4 or 5 Millhouses by now but only got Cho a few months ago. Pagle I don't even have, crafted him back in the day and de'd him once he got nerfed.

Worst part is actually that I have 3 Booms which would have been a guaranteed 4,8k payout if they hadn't printed even more busted cards by now.

Top Bottom