• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Majine

Banned
Fuck, I keep pressing a card on Discover screen thinking I'll mulligan it. This is the opposite of what I wanted.

#brawlproblems

Acinixys

Fuck, I keep pressing a card on Discover screen thinking I'll mulligan it. This is the opposite of what I wanted.

#brawlproblems

I literally did this yesterday

Got a 1/1 instead of Boom

tears.gif

//ARCANUM

So is there anyone that's actually not playing a 1 of each card Reno Jackson deck? Literally just had this happen to me 3 times in a row: got the enemy below 5 health, they Reno Jackson, come back and defeat me. 3 times in a row.

brann lets you discover twice? damn

Yep, that is why I wonder about the discussion where tomb spider will not be run. Tomb spider by itself? Maybe not that great.

But Brann + Tomb Spider + whatever other crap you have in your deck that works with Brann? I think a selection of two beasts is very strong.

jgminto

I wonder how Brann decks will compare to Rivendare decks. Even though it's a poor gimmick, that was one of the most fun decks I've played.

squidyj

I wonder how Brann decks will compare to Rivendare decks. Even though it's a poor gimmick, that was one of the most fun decks I've played.

deathrattle requires you to have a board and rivendare's stats are weird even for his cost.
You can play brann + battlecry out of hand, he costs less, and his stats are better balanced.
He's less durable and can still be easily targeted by a Cabal Shadowpriest or killed by a kodo though :(
All in all he's significantly better than rivendare because he can potentially do something in a game when you are behind, you can play him and boom on turn 10 for 4-16 points of random boombot fun! or fish for cards with an azure drake/gnomish inventor. or REALLY fish for cards with a coldlight oracle Kappa.

squidyj

Brann is the ultimate mill card :D

4 card combo with brann, an oracle and 2x shadowstep will draw 12 cards.

you can kill an opponent who has full health and 5 cards left in his deck (and as much as 6 armor).
or
6 cards left and 28 health
7 cards left and 21 health
8 cards left and 15 health
etc...

even if it doesn't kill him it's likely to burn a lot of his cards.
There's also brann -> coldlight -> shadowstep -> coldlight -> prep -> vanish.
If your board is empty you'll guarantee your brann and coldlight back, and all but guarantee that everything from their side of the board gets destroyed

Lumine

Any chance the 2nd wing will go up earlier today than last week? Also, is there any chance I'll be the only one to try deathrattle rogue? :p

Malice215

I'm glad that LoE came out because the meta was getting stale with secret paladin & combo druid. Brann is going to enable some interesting ideas.

This brawl was also a really fun one and helped me clear all of the dailies that I had stacked. Now to go back to climbing the ladder.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I might swap out healbot for stampeding kodo in my reno paladin to prepare to the incoming brann army.

The_Poet

Banned
Been playing a dreadsteed, good fun, even though in the 4 games I've played I have yet to draw the baron, still won all 4 though. The deck has so much removal and healing it grinds out aggro but can also outlast control with the steeds

I feel like the Decktracker is basically a necessity now that knowing how many of each card remains in your deck is actually explicitly necessary for some cards to function.

gutshot

I feel like the Decktracker is basically a necessity now that knowing how many of each card remains in your deck is actually explicitly necessary for some cards to function.

Yeah. So glad that Blizzard added an API to the game so that devs could quickly and easily develop a bunch of different deck tracking solutions for various platforms.

Oh wait...

Paladin class challenge is pretty damn fun. There's also a Sir Finley in the deck lol.

Edit: Yup, heroic Mine Shaft is going to be a major pain.

Edit2: Managed to beat it on my 5th or 6th try. Seems more luck based than anything.

Xanathus

The skill involved in Heroic Mineshaft involves remaking the fight until you get minions + removal in your starting hand. That's it.

gutshot

Tried out a Beast Hunter deck. Seems about the same although Tomb Spider does give it a bit more consistency on those turn 4s where you don't draw Houndmaster or can't activate its battlecry. Midrange Hunter is likely still better.

Dahbomb

First wing was kinda hard on Heroic until I realized that you can use a weapon class to control his board. Made a super defensive Control Warrior deck with a lot of weapons and beat it 2nd try (kinda need to get Win Axe in the start).

gutshot

First wing was kinda hard until I realized that you can use a weapon class to control his board. Made a super defensive Control Warrior deck with a lot of weapons and beat it 2nd try (kinda need to get Win Axe in the start).

Or alternately, build a deck with mostly even costed minions and odd costed spells.

Dahbomb

Or alternately, build a deck with mostly even costed minions and odd costed spells.
Hah that's pretty clever.

The other two were pretty easy. 3rd one I just made a buff based Zoolock deck with stuff like Stormwind, Direwolfs, Sea Giants etc even that new 1 drop for Warlocks.

Top Bottom