• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Correct me if I am wrong, but am I right in saying that avenge can't hit a minion summoned into play by shredder but it can hit a minion redemption'd?
I don't think a minion that gets Redemption'd can also get Avenged in the same turn. Otherwise that Noble Sacrifice dude would get Avenged a lot more because it's always the first to die when trying to deal with Dr 6.

Dahbomb

First attempt at a Beast Druid: Welcome any and all suggestions. Tried Jeweled Scarab but the cards it gave me were garbage and the tempo loss seemed pretty severe. Here's what I'm using now:
This is just Midrange Druid with like two subs (Wild Waked for Shredder and Raptor for Naxx).

I think you need to be running Druid of the Sabers in a beast deck. Solid 2 drop and is a beast. You probably need to drop Wild Growths for it.

It's not going to change until something is done about the overload mechanic. It's too crippling nowadays. Fuck having to play against Secret Paladin using Shaman.

Either that or Shaman gets enough non overload cards that they can make a deck out of. Right now as long as the class is reliant on using stuff like Totem Golem, Feral Spirits and Lightning Storm they can't keep up. Right now they need a Minibot tier 2 drop with no overload cost and an AOE removal that doesn't cause overload.

Only hope for Shaman at the moment is if Murloc Shaman ends up being a thing because it uses way fewer overload cards. They are getting 3 cards in that deck. Chances are that Murloc Paladin might end up being a better option anyway.

That's the sad part; if Murloc Knight had been Shaman I think Shamurloc could be at least potentially competitive. But nope, the best Murloc card in the game goes to Paladin instead. Of the three new Murloc cards in LoE that Shaman can use the Shaman class card is probably the worst. Overload sucks and Shaman Murloc cards suck. It's really quite silly.

I don't think a minion that gets Redemption'd can also get Avenged in the same turn. Otherwise that Noble Sacrifice dude would get Avenged a lot more because it's always the first to die when trying to deal with Dr 6.

I've seen it happen multiple times. It just never happens when MC is played for whatever reason.

edit:
I'm actually quite sick of all the secret interactions caused by shit like mad scientist or MC. It all needs to burn. Cleared board with an AOE and despite 0 secrets being up before the AOE, effigy procs goes off for some reason.

inky

So no reason to put the card in a beast deck, gotcha.

Jesus, just chill out. I'm just saying it's not a beast, of course it is a staple in beast deck.

I was just uploading my deck to show you what I'm running, but you are clearly not interested, so whatever. Cheers.

Ketch

Death rattle rogue is so funny.

Just did turn 1 leper, turn 2 egg, turn 3 raptor, turn 4 rivendare

Edit: lol @ this page.

I thought about putting in nerubian web lords to deal bran decks but I haven't tried anything outside casual mode yet.

Levi

Banned
Jesus, just chill out. I'm just saying it's not a beast, of course it is a staple in beast deck.

I was just uploading my deck to show you what I'm running, but you are clearly not interested, so whatever. Cheers.

I'd be interested. Thought you were piling on, apologies.

inky

This is what I was running from TGT, haven't had a chance to optimize it considering Raptor just came out (I subbed it in instead of 2xDruid of the Flame):

321654njphq.png

I fiddle with my decks in between matches usually, depending on how I'm feeling ladder. Cards I usually sub IN:

2nd Innervate (It's the best Druid card for a reason imo)
2nd Tiger (Good chunky minion, excellent answer to almost anything on curve)
2nd Panther
Kezan Mystic

OUT:

1x Haunted Creeper (mostly a bad card to get outside of early game. Terrible top deck)
1x Panther (Panther into wildwalker is really strong, but if you don't have it it get's board cleared away or countered by Shredder)
1x Ancient of Lore (in a fast meta 2 of them actually end up working against you. Drawing with them is slow in a top deck situation, the heal won't save you)

I've had mix results with it. It certainly not my strongest deck.

Levi

Banned
Dude, why the hell are you angry?

I'm a miserable bastard?

I was pleased that I made a deck that was working on ladder and wanted some input on making it better. That's not what I got, which is fair. No one owes me their expertise.

I did feel like people were being rude to me for no reason, to which I reacted poorly. I apologize for that.

This is what I was running from TGT, haven't had a chance to optimize it considering Raptor just came out (I subbed it in instead of 2xDruid of the Flame):

I fiddle with my decks in between matches usually, depending on how I'm feeling ladder. Cards I usually sub IN:

2nd Innervate (It's the best Druid card for a reason imo)
2nd Tiger (Good chunky minion, excellent answer to almost anything on curve)
2nd Panther
Kezan Mystic

OUT:

1x Haunted Creeper (mostly a bad card to get outside of early game. Terrible top deck)
1x Panther (Panther into wildwalker is really strong, but if you don't have it it get's board cleared away or countered by Shredder)
1x Ancient of Lore (in a fast meta 2 of them actually end up working against you. Drawing with them is slow in a top deck situation, the heal won't save you)

I've had mix results with it. It certainly not my strongest deck.

is double savage combatant really needed? I'd assume another beast in that slot would be better +1 savage

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, Combatant can single handedly win a game with an early innervate. Even late game it's a scary ass card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is a very weird day on ladder for me. Lots of people lagging out and conceding very early.

jgminto

6iw9QM7.png

I made some changes to my Circle/Control Priest recently and it has been going pretty well. I was thinking of subbing in a Shrinkmeister to complement my new Cabal Shadow Priest but I'm not sure what card to sub out for it, maybe one of my Thoughtsteals?

ZealousD

Idea for a Shaman card

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/06b68955.png

That last bit is because I think Lava Shock would make the card broken as hell.

This is broken. An aggro Shaman could just dump their entire hand at the beginning of a match. They wouldn't even have to pay the entire overload cost.

Plus you could do a Youthful Brewmaster + Knife Juggler Infinite combo.

Dahbomb

There's no good tempo Battle Cry minion in the game for Shaman Battle Cry to work.

Pretty much any 2 drop you can choose will lose to their 2 drop. I tried Flame Juggler and Mad Bombers but that was too RNG dependent. Haunted Creeper is too slow.

Ketch

More cards that benefit from overload would be nice though.

Summon a random totem for every locked mana crystal.

Or like spells that cost locked mana instead of regular mana

Deal 3 damage for every locked mana.

Dahbomb

Playing a fucking Secret Paladin bot right now.

I managed to beat it with my Battlecry Shaman but god damn this shouldn't be happening man.

ZealousD

There's no good tempo Battle Cry minion in the game for Shaman Battle Cry to work.

Pretty much any 2 drop you can choose will lose to their 2 drop. I tried Flame Juggler and Mad Bombers but that was too RNG dependent. Haunted Creeper is too slow.

I also found out that it stacks up really, really poorly against Cabal Shadow Priest. They'll steal your 2/6 and then they'll get an immediate 2 damage off. And since they are playing Dragon Priest they have like a billion minions to proc it some more.

Dahbomb

I also found out that it stacks up really, really poorly against Cabal Shadow Priest. They'll steal your 2/6 and then they'll get an immediate 2 damage off. And since they are playing Dragon Priest they have like a billion minions to proc it some more.
That hasn't happened to me yet but someone did steal it with MCT and it got the proc off which lost me the game.

It can even be stolen with Shadow Madness.

In other news Jeweled Scarab is really, really good for Shaman.

*Can get you a 2nd Brann.

*Can get you Powermace, Hex, Lightning Storm, Feral Spirit, Hex, Lava Burst, Tuskar Totemic.

*Can get you some decent 3 drop minions like Deathlord (good against aggro). Saboteur, BGH etc. that are good in certain situations.

I don't think I have yet to not get a good card from Jewel Scarab.

Levi

Banned
Put excavated evil in my dragon priest deck, pretty meh so far except when it was literally game winning vs a grim patron deck.

Dahbomb

Put excavated evil in my dragon priest deck, pretty meh so far except when it was literally game winning vs a grim patron deck.
Excavated Evil should be pretty bad in Dragon Priest. It's meant more for Control Priest which doesn't play a lot of minions itself. It's also probably decent in that Priest Summoning Stone deck as well. Also Reno Priest.

Really? I figured it could do with another paragraph or so.

See.

I think there really just is some limit to how complex text on cards can get and that is a little unfortunate. Although to their credit they do a good job making text shorter to at least an acceptable level where the text might not explain everything but enough.

ZealousD

That hasn't happened to me yet but someone did steal it with MCT and it got the proc off which lost me the game.

It actually didn't happen to me. I just realized it when I did the trogg encounter on normal mode when I just randomly decided to use Dragon Priest. I stole two of them and it just snowballed lol.

Dahbomb

I got beat by Deathrattle Rogue. He used Assassin's Blade, put a Poison Blade on it then kept going face and finished with Blade Flurry.

He wasn't using any Preps in that deck, I almost beat him with Control Warrior but so many Deathrattle minions makes it hard to control.

He got off two Raptors on Shredders.

Xanathus

I got beat by Deathrattle Rogue. He used Assassin's Blade, put a Poison Blade on it then kept going face and finished with Blade Flurry.

He wasn't using any Preps in that deck, I almost beat him with Control Warrior but so many Deathrattle minions makes it hard to control.

He got off two Raptors on Shredders.
Ooh Assassin Blade is a great finisher for that deck, especially since people aren't teching in weapon removal now.

Top Bottom