• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ViviOggi

How good is Unearthed Raptor? .... prettty goood.

I'm not playing a control rogue. I put together some oil list with raptors, loot hoarder (thalnos is in too), eggs, haunted creeper, jeweled scarab and even clockwork gnome. It's been working really well. Turns out spare parts are good for oil rogue.

That reversing switch to block priest garbage, or killing that annoying taunt totem, popping your eggs and enable combo yes please. I don't mind using raptor on gnome at all.

I cut teacher, it's not needed here I think, if I get a raptor on a creeper it's like a cheaper more resilient board than violet teacher. I run double shredders instead. It's a lot easier to have a board now, I cut one sprint, I feel there is enough cycling with loot hoarder and scarab gives me a card too now which is nice, rogue already runs a lot of 3 drops, getting another raptor or SI7 and damn second Edwin is preeetty good. You don't need Anub'arak here it's too slow for it. I'm not running Sylvanas but maybe could work. Boom has been enough a big threat and I run belchers.

I feel this rogue now absolutely crushes any and all kind of paladin now, with sticky board and huge tempo cards there is no coming back when you fall behind.

It's so good to have turn 1 and 2 plays instead of hopping you get coin or just dagger on turn 2.

Got a list? I want to play Raptogue but can't seem to find the sweet spot. Either my early game is consistent and I run out of gas against anything not hyper-aggro or I get unplayable opening hands without the option for Rogue's usual swing turnarounds.

Pooya

it's something like this, can't look now.

1x Clockwork Gnome
2x SI7
2x Shredder
1x Edwin
1x Thalnos
1x Loot Hoarder
1x Belcher
1x Dr. Boom
1x Sprint
2x Oil
2x Blade Flurry
1x Deadly Poison
1x Sap
2x Backstab
2x Eviscerate
1x Jeweled Scarab
2x prep
1x Fan of Knives
2x Raptor
1x Azure Drake
1x haunted creeper
1x egg

I'm still testing, I want to have two creepers or two eggs but Azure Drake is very important too and I like clockwork gnome a lot. I'm not running any heals beside belcher, I don't find it necessary with this deck, it's more of a tempo deck, you should always have something to play unlike regular oil rogue that can pass turns quite often.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Control and Fatigue decks just cannot deal with deathrattle Rogue. Not only are your minions sticky but they are powerfully sticky. You're dropping a slew of mini-cairnes and highmane type stuff that even if you kill them you haven't reduced their power on the board. And taunts don't cleanly answer them either.

The midrange version definitely seems like it has similar matchups to Midrange Hunter. Aggro will beat you in a race. I haven't tried the control variant yet but I would guess that it exaggerates the matchups that midrange is already good at.

JesseZao

Maybe somebody already asked about this in the thread, but is the fourth wing basically unlocking one you have the other the unlocked?

The wing doesn't day it unlocks on week 4, but after all wings are unlocked. It's still ambiguous, but I'm just curious if blitz has explained the wording choice.

Peléo

Rumbling Elemental says "whenever you play a battlecry minion". Since you play only one minion with battlecry it only triggers once. Same with Crowd Favorite.

Thanks for the answers, both you and BananawithGuns.

Rumbling Elemental is a really cool, it is a shame he doesnt get this little bonus. I guess crowd favourite works the same as well and only gets 1+1

V-Faction

Personally, I'm interested to see what the combination of Brann and murlocs can bring to Shaman.

Brann + Tidehunter = extra murloc
Brann + Mrrgglton = more chances at better hero power
Brann + Coldlight = 4 cards drawn aka 6-mana Sprint.
Brann + Neputon = 8 murloc cards

And of course, these all still work with Rumbling Elemental as Battlecrys. They also work with Knife Juggler.

Personally, I'm interested to see what the combination of Brann and murlocs can bring to Shaman.

Brann + Tidehunter = extra murloc
Brann + Mrrgglton = more chances at better hero power
Brann + Coldlight = 4 cards drawn aka 6-mana Sprint.
Brann + Neputon = 8 murloc cards

And of course, these all still work with Rumbling Elemental as Battlecrys. They also work with Knife Juggler.

With mrgglton you technically only get one choice. Because whatever you pick the first time will be overwritten by the second. You might even screw yourself by picking a good one and then being forced to pick a bad one.

Haunted

Also, updated picture of the development team.

CT-0s1GUkAEssqy.jpg:large

Confirmed over 50 people + a couple of photoshopped Asians. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This Warrior deck forsen is running looks super fun. Has Brann, Iron Juggernaut, Coldlight Oracles, etc.

Pooya

don't waste dust on Anub'Arak, it still sucks :b

good luck getting raptor on it or for it to be useful in any match up except control warrior. All you need against warrior is assassin's blade and them not running Harrison which is the case right now. Just hit one with assassin's blade plus double oil, I bet he didn't see that coming as he Alex'd me previous turn lolz. then he lost.

For deathrattle rogue I feel you need make a tempo deck with burst which obviously doesn't involve an extremely slow 9 drop. It's same idea as midrange druid, hard to remove minions with combo finisher. Control rogue might be fun but I think it will be worse than this style.

Tacitus_

Doesn't Blizzard just voice their own games? It probably is Ben Brode! (Maybe)

Also, thanks for that picture. I keep wondering how many people are on that team.

It's mostly just Metzen.

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (Video Game)
Marine / Battlecruiser / Infested Marine / ...

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (Video Game)
Thrall / King Varian Wrynn / Arcanital Mara'kah / ...

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Video Game)
King Varian Wrynn / Thrall / Ragnaros / ...

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Video Game)
King Varian Wrynn / Thrall / Dranosh Saurfang / ...

World of Warcraft (Video Game)
Thrall / Vol'jin / Orc NPCs / ...

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (Video Game)
Thrall / Vol'jin

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
don't waste dust on Anub'Arak, it still sucks :b

good luck getting raptor on it or for it to be useful in any match up except control warrior. All you need against warrior is assassin's blade and them not running Harrison which is the case right now. Just hit one with assassin's blade plus double oil, I bet he didn't see that coming as he Alex'd me previous turn lolz. then he lost.

For deathrattle rogue I feel you need make a tempo deck with burst which obviously doesn't involve an extremely slow 9 drop. It's same idea as midrange druid, hard to remove minions with combo finisher. Control rogue might be fun but I think it will be worse than this style.

I was lucky enough to get him in one of my TGT release packs, so I've been trying to make control rogue work with him ever since, and I still can't do it. I'd be happy if i could just get him to survive long enough to attack face once, but he is incredibly slow and the opponent always has an answer to him with mana to spare which will make you lose even if you have a decent lead.

Maybe it's time to try him in mill rogue.

Owzers

brawl....i had brann down and board control, dropped a that legendary shredder guy with deathrattle, then put an unearthered raptor down for double legendary since raptor's effect is a battlecry. Never ended up getting the raptor killed though :O

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i haven't been playing ladder a lot and i ran into a fatigue warrior with what i thought was a standard TGT list, i was CW. The match went to fatigue and i was sure i won because i had more health and armor except he was holding his very last card and for like 10 turns in row and i couldn't figure out what it was........then he played reno jackson and i lost. So guys i think that reno jackson might be good in warrior, just saying
laugh.gif

Ugh, control warrior hit a Reno jackpot, I was actually thinking I could still win as we headed towards fatigue and then he plays a deathwing :(

Next game a Warlock plays Bronn, then a dark peddler to discover 2 cards and then 2 flame imps........and hits himself in the face for 12 damage and concedes lol

Dahbomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxUUlvji1eQ

Kibler makes for the best moments.

I think my favorite part is how non-chalantly he reacts to the opponent's Reno and Alexstrasza
"The goal is not to actually win the game...

It's to keep him for ever thinking it's a good idea to play Freeze Mage again."

Basically what all the Control Warrior players think. Even if they lose against the Druids and Paladin... if they can keep the Freeze Mages at bay they do are fine.

Control and Fatigue decks just cannot deal with deathrattle Rogue. Not only are your minions sticky but they are powerfully sticky. You're dropping a slew of mini-cairnes and highmane type stuff that even if you kill them you haven't reduced their power on the board. And taunts don't cleanly answer them either.

Reincarnate shaman beats it. Once you earth shock an egg, there really isn't much else to it.

If they try to drop a sylvanas type combo? You will just steal it or hex.

Unfortunately reincarnate shaman still needs to be teched as anti-aggro, because fuck hearthstone. But even then it has all the answers.

Dahbomb

There are many answers you can make to that Rogue deck. You can just play a faster aggro game than it and you will win.

You can play a counter Priest deck with Shadow Madnesses and Cabal. Steal all of his stuff and gain the deathrattle bonuses. Use Mass Dispel even. Of course this deck would lose to pretty much everything else.

Unfortunately reincarnate shaman still needs to be teched as anti-aggro, because fuck hearthstone.
Basically stuff like this is why it's hard to play non tempo decks and hard to play anti-meta decks.

Kripp on Raptor Rogue:

"This is the type of deck that once refined people who have no clue how to play Hearthstone will be able to get Legend with." LMAO!

bjaelke

Hearthstone @PlayHearthstone
[Hotfix] We've hotfixed an issue with Unearthed Raptor:
The new cap should be 16 Deathrattle effects on a single minion.

Danj

Haven't played this for at least a couple of weeks because a) Fallout 4 and then before that b) no Internet. I guess I should pick up the new adventure (if only because everyone else probably already has and I imagine there's already some essential card that's in it that everyone's going to be using, isn't that the way it usually goes). It'll have to wait till payday next week though.

There are many answers you can make to that Rogue deck. You can just play a faster aggro game than it and you will win.

You can play a counter Priest deck with Shadow Madnesses and Cabal. Steal all of his stuff and gain the deathrattle bonuses. Use Mass Dispel even. Of course this deck would lose to pretty much everything else.

Basically stuff like this is why it's hard to play non tempo decks and hard to play anti-meta decks.

Kripp on Raptor Rogue:

"This is the type of deck that once refined people who have no clue how to play Hearthstone will be able to get Legend with." LMAO!

Kripp knows a bit about people having no clue hitting legend
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't be worse than face hunter though tbh. Also I really doubt that. Rogue isn't an easy class to master.

Kangi

So Reynad made a new cancer zoo deck.

Hope you all enjoy seeing it for the next month.

Well, that's two LoE Warlock cards that are being used successfully. Let's make it a three-peat and watch Curse be used to counter Freeze Mages.

bord

Neo Member
So Reynad made a new cancer zoo deck.

Hope you all enjoy seeing it for the next month.

I doubt Reliquary Seeker zoo is any better than old zoo.
Besides, it can't be any more cancerous that Secret Paladin, so I say bring it on.

Been playing a lot of meta decks just to see what I like best and I gotta say Oil Rouge and Demon/Handlock probably my two favorites.

What I did was made multiple accounts and just dust every single card and craft for one and only one class so I can get as close to the actual deck as possible.

Not a huge fan of Druid some games I feel like it's not even fair for the other guy and others I feel like it's impossible for me to win. Just one of those class I guess.... at least with my Mid Range Paladin I can pin point a misplay or it has to be really really really bad draws/RNG for me to say "okay that game was impossible." I must say though FON/SR combo is pretty lulz. Makes it even more lulz if you get a tick or two of Emperor or have any board presence.

Top Bottom