• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dragner

I havent played much constructed this season until this adventure second wing and got to rank 5 in one day using Reynad Zoo. Hate the dude but he is a good deckbuilder for sure. Deck is easy to pilot and powerful enough to make it to legend easily.

If you hate paladin is the perfect deck, ive beaten the nut draw of secret paladin of dr 6 into dr 7 into dr 8 and was not close to being close. I was 12-1 against paladin only lost to an atrocious bad hand (and was close).

ricelord

jesus christ, just faced a Reno dreadsteed deck as a control war, man that deck is the very definition of annoying. dude summed both his steeds on t4 and t5 and to make things worse, the lock had a sideshow spelleater and started to armor up with a army of demons.i still won, but the game went to fatigue and i had to count on ysera to win me the game.

I'm really happy that unearthed raptor isn't a neutral or that thing would be beyond a god in lock decks.

manhack

jesus christ, just faced a Reno dreadsteed deck as a control war, man that deck is the very definition of annoying. dude summed both his steeds on t4 and t5 and to make things worse, the lock had a sideshow spelleater and started to armor up with a army of demons.i still won, but the game went to fatigue and i had to count on ysera to win me the game.

I'm really happy that unearthed raptor isn't a neutral or that thing would be beyond a god in lock decks.

Yeah seeing a LOT of dreadsteed warlock variations the last couple of days.

Pooya

ok looks like I'm safe from here, even with 2xPO and Doomguard I'm still fine and he played a PO earlier anyways....

HERE COMES 3X PO fuuu

Yeah seeing a LOT of dreadsteed warlock variations the last couple of days.

the decklist was on competitivehs subreddit. Guy got legend with it so ppl are using it

Dragner

Yeah the renolock got rank 1 legend this week and dog and savjz among others played it on stream so the deck became popular.

manhack

Love how Reynad acting like he invented an aggressive mech shaman because he added the new trogg to it. There was an aggressive mech list just like it being played in the world championships. I enjoyed one of my biggest win streaks on ladder 2 months ago (12 wins) running an mech shaman list and continually complete my daily quests on my F2P account with ease using a mech shaman.

Raytow

Love how Reynad acting like he invented an aggressive mech shaman because he added the new trogg to it. There was an aggressive mech list just like it being played in the world championships. I enjoyed one of my biggest win streaks on ladder 2 months ago (12 wins) running an mech shaman list and continually complete my daily quests on my F2P account with ease using a mech shaman.
Wait... you didn't heard? Reynad invented hearthstone.

squidyj

I don't think I've seen unbound being run before, was that in there? and droppijng shredders for being too slow?

2 opponents rage quit on turn 3 when I played raptor, wow. One of them was warrior and I used raptor on haunted creeper, is it really that backbreaking?

manhack

I don't think I've seen unbound being run before, was that in there? and droppijng shredders for being too slow?

To be fair he sat down and built it himself, so not saying that he didn't come up with the deck, I just find it amusing how pleased he is with it.

manhack

2 opponents rage quit on turn 3 when I played raptor, wow. One of them was warrior and I used raptor on haunted creeper, is it really that backbreaking?

It can be. Sadly as soon as I finish the adventure and make some raptor decks I get paired up with face warriors, dragon paladins and priest after priest that have perfect answers or insane starts.

Excited to keep playing some variations and see what deck works. Still grinding out golden rogue, so hoping that raptor rogue can be a fun version that allows climbing the ladder.

Played against a secret pally that was roping every turn. When he played MC I flared, drew Animal Companion, got the boar for lethal. Felt good.

Also finding Jeweled Scarab too slow for mid-range hunter. Is Tomb Spider any better? At the very least it guarantees more targets for Houndmaster.

Pooya

You might wanna play a Reno deck today cause Reynad played a really bs cancer shaman deck on the stream and it's already spreading like the cancer it is.

tootsi666

It's most definitely a new variant of aggro shaman.

Reynad, making cancer since 2013

Lumine

Please. Taking an existing deck and tweaking it ever so slightly is not the same as creating something entirely new. Also this game is being played by millions. Every change you thought of someone else has already thought of it before you. This Reynad person seems a little delusional to me. That said, at least he tries to refine decks himself and thinks about it himself. Most of these other popular streamer don't ever even attempt that and just pick a popular deck to play with.

Pooya

Actually before he started that shaman deck, he lost to someone with a similar deck, then went like oh this is a lot like the deck I was going to play next then it began, he invented the new mech shaman lolz.

I am so fucking tired of Mad Scientist at this point.

Mage coins out one on turn 1. Plays the second on turn 2.

Literally unwinnable when your opponent gets 6 mana worth of cards played for free before turn 3.

The card never should have been made, but Blizzard's obsession over getting people to play secrets knows no bounds I guess.

Warxard

Banned
Climbing the Arena ladder. One win so far.

Mirror Entity just gave me Fel Reaver lmfao

Hey how come when I attack with a minion and that minion dies, Duplicate doesn't give me dupes????

Ladekabel

Since I decided to pay for the last wing of Blackrock and the Explorer adventure, I began opening packs again.
Opened one today and got Lord Jaraxxus and second Doomsayer.

Owzers

i don't think i'm making rank 5 this time....i'm stuck at 8/7 and keep running into Unearthered Rogues. My poor hunter, all he wants is more dust so i can abandon him :p

Dragner

i don't think i'm making rank 5 this time....i'm stuck at 8/7 and keep running into Unearthered Rogues. My poor hunter, all he wants is more dust so i can abandon him :p

Yeah, hunter is terrible now, new zoo and shaman agro are way better at SMOrc than hunter, also rogue again in the meta. Sad times for Rexxar.

cHinzo

Tried Reynad's aggro Shaman deck. It's pretty good. :"D

Edit: also, why is Wyrmrest Agent a Priest only card? Could fit in some cool dragon decks with other classes...

Duster

So many wallet/fatigue/control warriors, whatever they are I can't deal with them, I went to casual to finish my daily quest and they were there too.

Well I say wallet warrior but I guess even long-term F2P players will have enough legendaries and wings to play that by now, I suppose it's going to be more and more of a problem (for me) as time goes on.

Now I've finished grinding for the first two LoE wings I think I'll be returning to arena by the end of the week, ladder is no fun.

squidyj

Could you guys post the list for that new aggro Shaman? I didn't see Reynad play it last night.

2x lightning bolt
2x rockbiter
2x trogg
2x cogmaster
2x leper gnome
2x annoyotron
2x whirling zap-o-matic
2x mechwarper
2x totem golem
2x crackle
2x powermace
2x spider tank
2x unbound elemental
2x lava burst
2x doomhammer

Tomcat

2x lightning bolt
2x rockbiter
2x trogg
2x cogmaster
2x leper gnome
2x annoyotron
2x whirling zap-o-matic
2x mechwarper
2x totem golem
2x crackle
2x powermace
2x spider tank
2x unbound elemental
2x lava burst
2x doomhammer

so he put the new card on a already known aggro deck and called his? LOL
whatever...

Dahbomb

Ladder experience today:

Secret Paladin
Aggro Druid
Deathrattle Rogue
Deathrattle Rogue
"Tempo" Mage
Zoolock
Zoolock
Aggro Hunter
Aggro Shaman

I see that every class except Warrior is back to playing the max tempo game. Even Rogues are joining in the fun now.

I did play against a Dank Steed deck today but I stole the Steed with my Sylvanas and he never recovered after that.

With all the flavors of "tempo" decks, at least there is less Secret Paladin out there. Well at least in the 10-5 rank, most of the Paladins are probably Legend now.

Top Bottom