• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Kangi

This Rogue went Eviscerate -> Undercity Valiant on her Sylvanas to steal my Thermaplugg.

Granted, it didn't work and she just stole the Leper Gnome that spawned from her death. But still, I appreciated this: "Victory for Sylvanas! *murders Sylvanas*"

G.ZZZ

Was watching some random HS streamer and i end on a dude who rant about western media misrepresenting ISIS . Top legend rogue lelolz.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Djinni is like a better Druid of the Claw. Whenever I play it the body acts as a taunt, and opponents will do crazy crap to get it removed. If they don't remove it, the next turn it gets big and scary, maybe.

People don't just play Druid of the Claw just because it is a 4/6 taunt. They play it because it can also charge.

Dragner

Djinn is nowhere close to druid of the claw, druid of the claw is one of the best 5 drops in the game, spectral knight is better than djinn even.

tylerf

Game against a Warlock who spent the first 3 turns roping on purpose until he got sick of me roping him back. Started spamming emotes when he thought he had a dominant position and then I did exact lethal from hand with dagger, prep, tinker, flurry, evis, evis. Not sure I'll ever have a sweeter victory in this game again.

zer0das

Banned
I got two Tirions, Ragnaros, and Ysera all in a row against a warrior in a brawl. I was like whelp, this is hilarious. He could barely deal with one Tirion and Ragnaros. Poor guy.

Tagyhag

That feeling when you get the mana wyrm into coin into mirror image starting hand in arena and you lose to a top decked kezan mystic down the line. It's rough.

Edit: Okay double-checked and yep, picking jousting minions in arena is a horrible idea unless your deck is stacked with fatties.

Moonlight

Banned
I think what I've noticed the most in terms of rank 10 and below versus everywhere else is that everyone is so much saltier. :lol

Keep running into ropers, BM, and emote spam.

Pooya

Against secret paladin you need a god draw to win, patron isn't a good counter to it. repentance can screw you too. Can't kill a secret keeper or don't draw execute? it's over. The games are really too tough for patron to be considered a counter. It's not like a the old patron where you had a comeback chance from anywhere really, if you fall behind that's it. even zoo can beat you easily now. I was running a brawl just in case I need to get back on board or in mirror, it was helpful somewhat. I had a BGH too. I got 5 with it on EU and I'm grinding gold warrior with it, just a little bit more. I like the deck but it's really draining to play it or any warrior I guess and you have some really crushing match ups in priest and cw, there are a LOT of both on EU, the games go late and you can still lose anytime in what might looked like a winning match. I don't feel it's all that good of a deck, it's alright. old oil rogue is better now if you ask me. Playing it without Grom is just hopeless, it;s your only shot to win against priest for example.

I would just play hybrid hunter for fast laddering, whether you win or lose it's fast and all you need is winstreaks anyway.

Dahbomb

I put together a Midrange Hunter deck with more beasts. Wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/beast-midrange

I've only played one game so far against another Midrange Hunter, I won pretty convincingly.
That's probably how I would build my beast deck as well only I would have two UTHs instead of one for sure. I would probably try to squeeze in one Hunter's Mark in there somewhere.

manhack

Turns out a meta where patron warriors are rare and a lot of decks like to spawn annoying creatures is a great place for Dark Iron Skulker to put in some work.

Dahbomb

Dark Iron Skulker was my top 5 best card for BRM (before it actually released) but it never took off until like this week when people have been using it in their Rogue decks more often. The card has always been amazing but it didn't fit into the Rogue playstyle back then.

Thanks! I have 1000 odd coins and just wasn't sure if I should wait out a possible sale or just buy another wing.

Sure thing. While I'm not 100% sure on this, people seem to get some specials with Amazon coins or something like that. Not sure if that means anything to you but that's the closet thing I can think of.

Jrmint

That's probably how I would build my beast deck as well only I would have two UTHs instead of one for sure. I would probably try to squeeze in one Hunter's Mark in there somewhere.
Which cards do you think you would drop? Maybe 1 Tiger for the second UTH?

WOW EVEN ON PC every time I play rouge my game freeze when they play that stupid raptor.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

THIS IS THE CHEAPEST SHIT EVER. Only way to win is to make your opponent DC.

Can someone explain the Raptor game freezing glitch?

I believe it has been hotfixed but you would shadowstep/brewmaster the Raptor back into your hand with Brann on the board and get a massive amount of deathrattles which crashed the game. You are capped at 16 now.

Mulgrok

Apologies for poor posts. I've played years and years of fighting games and hearthstone still makes me as salty as I can be.

ya, Hearthstone needs a warning label from the Surgeon General: May contain lethal levels of sodium. Mind Control Technician has stolen the worst minion from me 10 times in a row... that 1:4-1:7 is more like "100% screw Mulgrok, 100% to fail when played by Mulgrok". Rage level intensifying!

Dahbomb

Which cards do you think you would drop? Maybe 1 Tiger for the second UTH?
Either the Tiger or the Ram Wrangler. You are one 5 drop too high on that list.

Also if you have two Tomb Spiders you probably don't need a Jewel Scarab. Though it's still a great fit in that deck because it's likely to give you great Hunter cards (Animal Companion, Eaglehorn, Powershot, UTH, Kill Command). It just might be a few too many cards that lost tempo and 2 drop is a slot where you can't afford to lose tempo these days (and you already have many strong 2 drops).

Snapshot

Nice to see some new blood on there, even if it can't dethrone Paladin.

Renolock boyz!!!

I think it's noteworthy to point out that there isn't a single Hunter deck in tier 1 or tier 2. This pretty much tells me that this Tempostorm is a bit dated because it feels like they compiled it right after Reno Jackson meta was big. Hunters are still a forced to be reckoned with especially now that Reno Jackson decks have sort of toned back down.

Also Secret Paladin is still the best, I don't care what any list tells me. I give it a week before it reverts.

I believe it has been hotfixed but you would shadowstep/brewmaster the Raptor back into your hand with Brann on the board and get a massive amount of deathrattles which crashed the game. You are capped at 16 now.

I'm glad they capped it at 16 and not lower. That way people can still have their OTK with Raptors, Brann, and a Lepper Gnome.

Hycran

Banned
Been trying out raptor rogue

Game 1: Turn 2 Egg, Turn 3 Raptor - Opponent Concedes

Game 2: Turn 2 Creeper, Turn 3 Raptor - Opponent Concedes

How good is unearthed raptor? Turns out it's pretty good

Also got to rank 5 using Hotforms tempo mage. A few frustrating games in the mix but overall it only took me a few days this month to get there, another free 400 dust awaits.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Keeper of Uldaman does work in Secret Paladin as far as I'm concerned. Not sure why more people aren't talking about that card. I think I prefer it over Blessing of Kings. It's not as aggressive but it's more flexible and is safer from owls.

The worst part about raptor is that w/ egg it's a better cairne bloodhoof lol. I'd probably also concede if I saw egg then two raptors and had nothing in hand to really deal with it

jgminto

I haven't played against Raptor Rogue too much so far but I did like the importance the match up placed on trading with the Deathrattle minions, usually you'd leave a Creeper or Egg for as long as possible but now trading early potentially has a larger incentive even though triggering the Deathrattle could be worse for your current board state. I expect Silence cards will be extra valuable if this deck takes off.

Top Bottom