• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Rockyrock

where are the all reno decks every one talks about?

50% of my games are still secret pally.

the rest is face hunter, tempo mage and occasional control warrior.

played a couple shamans today though. crazy how easy it is to beat them when youre on the opposing side rather than actually playing as one.

Dahbomb

where are the all reno decks every one talks about?

50% of my games are still secret pally.

the rest is face hunter, tempo mage and occasional control warrior.

played a couple shamans today though. crazy how easy it is to beat them when youre on the opposing side rather than actually playing as one.
They are gone now. You do however sometimes see the occasional Handlock using it.

NBtoaster

A selection from my latest arena draft:

BcHqsXd.jpg

Dahbomb

Lost a game today to a Aggro Druid who got Web Spinner from Mounted Raptor which gave him a King's Elekk which he won the joust with Dr Balanced and then he played Dr Balanced on the same tame (it was turn 8, he coined it out). Then the boom bots hit all face and he had exact lethal with top dick Force of Nature.

Fuck these Raptors!

manhack

Yeah, I played TON of mech shaman, probably my most played single archetype.

I absolutely love it, but as you could see and as everybody knows it is one of the most all in decks in the game. It is possible this Trogg version might be more effective because there is finally a card that can take advantage of the overload spells.

The "free" version I run on EU is very similar, without Trogg, because it has all of the burn spells. Using lighting bolt is an amazing way to keep tempo on the board, but the mana crystal loss was a bummer.

With everybody creating "new" decks with the LoE expansion, I won't be surprised to see the Gorillabot bring Mech Mage out of the shadows. I see a mech mage every 40 games or so now, but I remember when every 4 games was a Mech Mage.

Tagyhag

Man if you want to play fun decks you purposely have to sink yourself to the lowest of tiers, everyone is still playing meta decks everywhere.

Lost a game today to a Aggro Druid who got Web Spinner from Mounted Raptor which gave him a King's Elekk which he won the joust with Dr Balanced and then he played Dr Balanced on the same tame (it was turn 8, he coined it out). Then the boom bots hit all face and he had exact lethal with top dick Force of Nature.

Fuck these Raptors!

all skill

ViviOggi

Yeah, I played TON of mech shaman, probably my most played single archetype.

I absolutely love it, but as you could see and as everybody knows it is one of the most all in decks in the game. It is possible this Trogg version might be more effective because there is finally a card that can take advantage of the overload spells.

The "free" version I run on EU is very similar, without Trogg, because it has all of the burn spells. Using lighting bolt is an amazing way to keep tempo on the board, but the mana crystal loss was a bummer.

With everybody creating "new" decks with the LoE expansion, I won't be surprised to see the Gorillabot bring Mech Mage out of the shadows. I see a mech mage every 40 games or so now, but I remember when every 4 games was a Mech Mage.
Dumpstered a Mech Shaman with my Renolock today. He had the nuts with Cogmaster into Mechwarper + Wheeeeeee into Feral Spirits but all of that evaporated under my shadowflamed Watcher. With me at 16 life on turn 3 any other tempo/aggro deck would have been scary still whereas a topdicking Mech Shaman is just the saddest thing in the world.

Owzers

the moment i have hope for my hunter getting to rank 5 as a full starred 7 i get a dragon priest match who throws down two wyrmest taunts back to back.

Kunohara

Speaking of Priest, my first golden hero. The first 250 games were old school Control back when Priest was at the bottom, so that was a bad grind. The last 250 wins were all dragons. My 500th win was a hunter who was trying out explorers hat and tomb spider, and basically had no chance.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So.. LoE >>>> TGT? (As far as changin' the meta)

There are new Shaman and Rogue decks goin' around so im cool with LoE :3

Any suggestions for my Control Warrior deck? Not sure if Brann or Reno are good fits here. Also, I haven't really changed a lot since TGT in general besides adding in Justicar.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ragnaros and Alexstrasza are also there, cut-off at the bottom.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So.. LoE >>>> TGT? (As far as changin' the meta)

There are new Shaman and Rogue decks goin' around so im cool with LoE :3

Uh, way too early to say. Not only is LoE not even completely out yet, but we don't know what the meta will look like after it settles. Raptor Rogue is a brand new archetype for Rogue so people will need to refine what that deck will be. And considering how stupidly powerful that Raptor really is, it could become a very cancerous deck.

Owzers

hurray, four wins in a row to get me through to rank 5. I beat a paladin that had no starting minions and then went consecration, healbot, reno, sylvanas, and then lay of hands but i freeze trapped ( good hunter advice here, thanks) the sylvanas and managed to face it since i started with two jugglers. Last match against a handlock was brutal, they had the giants but not the taunts and it was over by round 5ish.

dust, glorious dust. I did have to use dust to get an Arcane golem who helped in a couple games, then i drew a second with my gold packs and had to include him out of golem winning solidarity.

Dre

hurray, four wins in a row to get me through to rank 5. I beat a paladin that had no starting minions and then went consecration, healbot, reno, sylvanas, and then lay of hands but i freeze trapped ( good hunter advice here, thanks) the sylvanas and managed to face it since i started with two jugglers. Last match against a handlock was brutal, they had the giants but not the taunts and it was over by round 5ish.

dust, glorious dust. I did have to use dust to get an Arcane golem who helped in a couple games, then i drew a second with my gold packs and had to include him out of golem winning solidarity.

Congrats. Now enjoy your golden Pit Lord next week.

Dahbomb

Uh, way too early to say. Not only is LoE not even completely out yet, but we don't know what the meta will look like after it settles. Raptor Rogue is a brand new archetype for Rogue so people will need to refine what that deck will be. And considering how stupidly powerful that Raptor really is, it could become a very cancerous deck.
I am already seeing quite a bit of Raptor Rogue online.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I am already seeing quite a bit of Raptor Rogue online.

It's a strong deck for sure, and it's easier to play than Oil Rogue. I think people are definitely looking for an excuse to play Rogue again, so we'll see if it's strong enough to stick around.

The biggest strength of the deck seems to be that it puts out so many of the larger sticky minions that Control decks have a lot of trouble dealing with. The combination of eggs, raptor, shredder, and whatever else you put in the 6+ mana slot (sky golem, sylvanas, cairne, sneeds) is just too many large sticky threats. Too resilient to removals and board clears.

For that reason I think the faster versions will win out, because going slower with the deck probably overkills against control and weakens you against aggro/midrange.

Eddie Bax

Still looking for someone I can spectate for the pack quest, if you're available and don't mind an observer. I'm on US - EddieBax#1403.

EDIT: All set, thanks guys.

KuroNeeko

Speaking of Priest, my first golden hero. The first 250 games were old school Control back when Priest was at the bottom, so that was a bad grind. The last 250 wins were all dragons. My 500th win was a hunter who was trying out explorers hat and tomb spider, and basically had no chance.

Congrats!

How does it feel?

My two favorite classes in the game are Rogue and Priest (followed by maybe Shaman? lol), but with everyone dumping on them (rightly so), I have a hard time grinding it out.

Is Dragon Priest doing all right? Are you running the (pack) legendary-heavy one with Ysera, Chillmaw, and Vol'jin?

Kunohara

Congrats!

How does it feel?

My two favorite classes in the game are Rogue and Priest (followed by maybe Shaman? lol), but with everyone dumping on them (rightly so), I have a hard time grinding it out.

Is Dragon Priest doing all right? Are you running the (pack) legendary-heavy one with Ysera, Chillmaw, and Vol'jin?

Feels pretty good mainly because now I can focus on other classes (I'm halfway through Druid and Shaman, might grind Shaman next for those sweet totems).

I was basically running Kibler's dragon priest the whole way. Ysera and Chillmaw. I didn't use Vol'jin, never felt like I needed him. I found Chillmaw really good actually. Lots of people would use any silence they had on my guardians, so when Chillmaw went on the board, it would usually always clear the board, or at least soften it for holy nova.

KuroNeeko

Feels pretty good mainly because now I can focus on other classes (I'm halfway through Druid and Shaman, might grind Shaman next for those sweet totems).

I was basically running Kibler's dragon priest the whole way. Ysera and Chillmaw. I didn't use Vol'jin, never felt like I needed him. I found Chillmaw really good actually. Lots of people would use any silence they had on my guardians, so when Chillmaw went on the board, it would usually always clear the board, or at least soften it for holy nova.

I've been trying to embrace Dragon Priest, but, like yourself, I'm coming from Control Priest which just feels like an entirely different way to play.

Do you feel like DP loses a lot without Chillmaw? I've slowly been saving my dust for Sylvanas → Ysera, but I could work Chillmaw in there if need be.

My Dragon Priest is using Nef and Chrom, though I could swap in Alex or Onyx (lol) instead. Looking at my list I also have....Mass Silence....wtf was I thinking...

Maaan, when I first started playing Hearthstone, I was all about Druid since I played that and Warlock in WoW. Now it feels like they all play the same and I've just lost a lot of enthusiasm with the class. :/

manhack

Congrats!

How does it feel?

Dragon Priest is great, but a Control Priest with double lightbomb and auchenei/COH is extremely good. Only tough match ups are things like control warrior and an oil rogue with a perfect hand.

KuroNeeko

Actually before he started that shaman deck, he lost to someone with a similar deck, then went like oh this is a lot like the deck I was going to play next then it began, he invented the new mech shaman lolz.

I think he said, "Hey, I have this new idea for a cancer shaman deck that I want to make. It's really nasty."

Then he proceeded to que into it. After he finished he said, "Yeah, that was basically it. lol"

Kunohara

I've been trying to embrace Dragon Priest, but, like yourself, I'm coming from Control Priest which just feels like an entirely different way to play.

Do you feel like DP loses a lot without Chillmaw? I've slowly been saving my dust for Sylvanas → Ysera, but I could work Chillmaw in there if need be.

My Dragon Priest is using Nef and Chrom, though I could swap in Alex or Onyx (lol) instead. Looking at my list I also have....Mass Silence....wtf was I thinking...

Maaan, when I first started playing Hearthstone, I was all about Druid since I played that and Warlock in WoW. Now it feels like they all play the same and I've just lost a lot of enthusiasm with the class. :/

You can certainly play it without Chillmaw. You should craft Ysera first I think. Nef and Chromaggus are fine to run in the deck if you don't have Ysera yet.

KuroNeeko

You can certainly play it without Chillmaw. You should craft Ysera first I think. Nef and Chromaggus are fine to run in the deck if you don't have Ysera yet.

I've CSPriested so many Yseras that I don't know if I could handle the shock of having my own taken from me.

I crafted Boom a while back since the overwhelming opinion here was that he should be your first craft. While I feel like they're right, I also feel like that it kept me from getting Sylvanas and Ysera - the two legendaries that I really wanted.

The thought of back-burnering Sylvanas again...if only I could just draw a gold Syl or Yseras... :/
Gold Sylvanas might just be my favorite-looking card.

latest

Well, that and CSP!

latest

Hmm, better stop now before this post becomes about something else...lol

Thanks for the replies!

ricelord

Any suggestions for my Control Warrior deck? Not sure if Brann or Reno are good fits here. Also, I haven't really changed a lot since TGT in general besides adding in Justicar.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ragnaros and Alexstrasza are also there, cut-off at the bottom.

what kind of decks are you facing the most? if you face more mid to control decks than your deck looks fine but i would replace brann with a 2nd brawl.

Reynad invented Hearthstone.

Dont forget to check out tempostorm.com the only way to become rank 3.

how the hell is freeze mage tier 1.

Owzers

ran into another Reynardy zoo warlock deck at rank five, my paladin got destroyed.

edit: i'm surprised i made it to rank 5, nothing but horrible matches ever since i got there. Gah, wallet warriors.

man I like me some mid/control priest compared to dragon priest. Kinda funny, used excavated evil against the reynad zoolock and he drew it against me lol. wouldve had lethal a turn earlier if he didnt lol

CoolOff

So everything is cancer aggro again huh? Well, it was fun while it lasted. Played three games this morning, secret pally -> pally opening with Leper Gnome -> rogue opening with Leper Gnome.

KuroNeeko

So everything is cancer aggro again huh? Well, it was fun while it lasted. Played three games this morning, secret pally -> pally opening with Leper Gnome -> rogue opening with Leper Gnome.

Wild Pyromancer! I think I've seen more Control Warrior more than anything recently (rank 13.)

Top Bottom