• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Acinixys

Playing Priest. Enemy Rogue plays:

1. Clockwork Gnome
2. Egg
3. Egg

I pass all my turns

I play Mass Dispel on turn 4

He concedes
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
started running two keeper of uldamans in mid range Paladin, took out 1 aldor and 1 quartermaster. seems pretty good but I think Im too heavy on 4 costs now.

Y9yQowg.png

If you think it's too many 4 drops, you can cut 1 of Murloc Knight/Consecration depending on your feeling about how prevalent aggro is. I have dropped Murloc Knight completely and feel ok about it. You could also drop a Truesilver if you have a bunch of other weapons. I dunno, picking 4 drops is the hardest part of a paladin deck for me these days.

If you think it's too many 4 drops, you can cut 1 of Murloc Knight/Consecration depending on your feeling about how prevalent aggro is. I have dropped Murloc Knight completely and feel ok about it. You could also drop a Truesilver if you have a bunch of other weapons. I dunno, picking 4 drops is the hardest part of a paladin deck for me these days.

Yeah I dunno. I don't want to cut Murloc Knight since he can sometimes win the game by himself. A truesilver I could probably cut and replace it with Sylvanas.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
started running two keeper of uldamans in mid range Paladin, took out 1 aldor and 1 quartermaster. seems pretty good but I think Im too heavy on 4 costs now.

If you were to cut a Truesilver and put an Aldor back in you'd be running the deck on TempoStorm's meta snapshot.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The real issue is that all the 4 drops we're talking about are situational. Sometimes you want that 2nd Aldor. Sometimes you would rather have another Truesilver. It just depends on what decks you're facing and what you think you need. Tempostorm's decks often make very strange choices to my eyes, and I will just assume they are facing different metas than I am. Because I can't find any other reason for some of their decisions.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
well, someone had the same line of thinking.

Two Aldors and Two Uldamans kind of feels like overkill to me. Think I might just take out a truesilver for Sylvanas

They're using the Uldamans as cards to buff their 1/1s and heal early game units like minibots or shredders as well, whereas the Aldors are strictly for debuffing.

ZealousD

You know, when you think about it, Keeper of Uldaman is kinda like pre-nerf Tinkmaster.

You know, when you think about it, Keeper of Uldaman is kinda like pre-nerf Tinkmaster.

Yeah it's way better then i thought it would be. Perfect fit in Paladin for buffing hero power tokens while throwing down a solid body and for putting something like Ysera into Truesilver range. Great in Arena too.

JohnCYQ

Yeah it's way better then i thought it would be. Perfect fit in Paladin for buffing hero power tokens while throwing down a solid body and for putting something like Ysera into Truesilver range. Great in Arena too.

Pre-nerf Tinkmaster without the silence and RNG. Its glorious.

I been trying to get a reno highlander paladin deck to work, when that didn't work I tried Trumps reno paladin dexk, doesn't work for me either. I do good vs face hunters but only if I draw my heals, and I have to be really lucky to win against zoo type aggro, since with only one equality and one consecration it is very hard to come back once I fall behind on the board.

The worst lose is against a tempo mage because I didn't draw reno so he was able to drop a kobald and double fire ball me (from archmage anthonidas the turn before) for 16 hp for exact lethal.So yeah, reno is good but way too inconsistent even when you sacrifice half your deck for it. I would have loved to have double shieldes minibot, double muster, double consecrate. And I am reading about how some people want to nerf it to heal 15 hp. GTFO of here.

But I think I am going to give up on reno for now, which is too bad.

Y9yQowg.png

i'm running a similar list at rank 5 EU
-zombies and 1 truesilver
+ quartermaster + loatheb+aldor
Working super well for me, quartermasters haven't felt this strong in alongtime

The missus got me the League of Explorers earlier, called it an early Christmas present. Liked the "escape the temple" challenge, was fun to play something a little different.

Now to unlock Keeper of Uldaman for my paladin deck...

Owzers

Maybe the deck is just not for you. It is still crazy strong, it's literally the only deck I have with a positive win rate against every single class.
I avoid constructed like the plague and only play it for one day every month to get to rank 5 and be done with it and my stats loook like this (EU):

It always seems like my draw just kills me. Turn 1 no secretkeepers or secrets, turn two knife juggler, turn three muster ( i'm rolling now!), they coin a consecration but fine, spider time and tap plus avenge, they deal with that for the most part, but i draw all my secrets in a row and when when i throw down a mysterious challenger i'm short on pulls. I run two consecrations and didn't get either when i needed them against the midrange pally whereas they played both theirs, and then when i played boom on turn 8 top decking they threw down tyrion and killed my worst minion that could pop his shield so i'd get to keep my 5/2 blessing boombot after killing something an argus taunted.

And that's how most games go in my secret paladin net deck journey.

Xanathus

Mentioned it before but Brann is ridiculously good in Dragon Priest because the entire deck is still completely solid without it and it's fine if it eats a removal, but it snowballs so hard if it stays alive. It's equivalent to Emperor Thaurissan. Other decks that use it need to save it to combo with something but with Dragon Priest I don't care about it and can just play it for tempo and removal bait.

I was thinking, since they gave Uther an improved version of the original Tinkmaster, they should also figure out how to give him an improved version of the original Blood Imp.

188-1004458-gold-1391l9uvl.png

Man that looks so incredibly overpowered, maybe if we are given more cheap AOE clears.

NBtoaster

I like Brann in midrange Paladin, synergy with Coghammer, Argus, Healbot, Quartermaster and Boom. I also run a Frostwolf Warlord and hope for the 16/16 dream (its not good, I dont care).

FoxSpirit

God, this fucking game. Since I only really started 3 months ago my decks my decks SUCK. Oh yeah, Hunter sorta works but no doing quests with him. Okay, only crazy people play at the time I am on too but man, serial lsses are not fun when you feel your deck simply never had a chance.

How am I ever supposed to catch up, 3rd card set in?

God, this fucking game. Since I only really started 3 months ago my decks my decks SUCK. Oh yeah, Hunter sorta works but no doing quests with him. Okay, only crazy people play at the time I am on too but man, serial lsses are not fun when you feel your deck simply never had a chance.

This is something I was talking about before the launch of TGT. It's slowly and slowly becoming more outrageous to get new players to play the game which is like slowly strangulating yourself when you are a f2p game. Naxx absolutely needs to be free now.

Also the ladder is bad, fix it

ZZMitch

Wowwww, I just brawled on a board where my opponent had 7 minions and I had 1. His biggest minion (Dr. Boom) survived and the bombs hit me in the face for the full 8 damage. I then died next turn to an owl on my taunt.

Someone give me the % chance on that! :p

inky

Money or time, which one do you have to spare?

Naxx has the best cards, so I'd start there.

Wowwww, I just brawled on a board where my opponent had 7 minions and I had 1. His biggest minion (Dr. Boom) survived and the bombs hit me in the face for the full 8 damage. I then died next turn to an owl on my taunt.

100%?

It has happened to me too! Well, not full 7 minions, more like 4 but the result was the same. 22 damage over 2 turns...

There is nothing wrong spending some cash on a f2p game. Not sure why people expect everything to be handed to them for free anyway. I had a friend recently start up and within 2 days he already bought naxxramas because he learned that he liked the game and has no problem spending some on a f2p game he enjoys.

There is nothing wrong spending some cash on a f2p game. Not sure why people expect everything to be handed to them for free anyway. I had a friend recently start up and within 2 days he already bought naxxramas because he learned that he liked the game and has no problem spending some on a f2p game he enjoys.

And then he has to buy two more and choose between three different card packs.

Like I'm just not sure the average player getting into the game will see that as a massive deterrent or not but if I wasn't already good into the game I would.

ZealousD

1-in-8 chance for Boom to win the brawl. 1-in-8 chance for Boom Bots to hit face for 8. So a 1-in-64 I guess.

FoxSpirit

Don't simply assume stuff.
I bought Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain and have already done all stuff and will also buy League. No problem there.
But I still miss a lot of essential cards to make decks even basically work. I crafted 2 defenders of Argus but that was all my dust.
Maybe I should have done Void Terrors.

Well, at least reaching level 15 for the chest rewards isn't that hard but man, I miss essential classic and gvg cards and now with tgt... how? How much money am I supposed to spend?

1-in-8 chance for Boom to win the brawl. 1-in-8 chance for Boom Bots to hit face for 8. So a 1-in-64 I guess.
Actually, change for boom bots is 1 in 16 since you have range 1-4 x2. So it's actually a 1-in-128. ;-)

KuroNeeko

I bought Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain and have already done all stuff and will also buy League. No problem there.
But I still miss a lot of essential cards to make decks even basically work. I crafted 2 defenders of Argus but that was all my dust.

Well, at least reaching level 15 for the chest rewards isn't that hard but man, I miss essential classic and gvg cards and now with tgt... how? How much money am I supposed to spend?

Actually, change for boom bots is 1 in 16 since you have range 1-4 x2. So it's actually a 1-in-128. ;-)

The designers have acknowledge that this is a problem and say that they're trying to think of a solution.

I've been playing on-and-off for a year or so, maybe a total of five months and I'm still missing a bunch of rares like Knife Juggler. I also had to craft my DoAs, just like you. Feels bad when you'd rather be saving for a Legendary or Epic (like Prep).

ZealousD

Crafting rares is a bit of a mistake imo. It's very easy to get all the rares you need through packs, compared to epics and legendaries.

As far as assumptions go, I am talking about the new player in general, not any specific person here.

Owzers

Crafting rares is a bit of a mistake imo. It's very easy to get all the rares you need through packs, compared to epics and legendaries.

I still don't have a few essential rares and i've opened up a decent amount of packs since playing 3ish months ago. I've tried to wait it out but i ended up crafting a few and then i'll stumble into a second rare through a pack.

Dahbomb

Just played that new Shaman Aggro/Mech/Overload Reynad deck to get the 5 win Shaman quest (put in a Dr Balanced in there of course).

Ayy lmao

I don't think I have gotten a 5 win quest that fast in my life. I was killing people by turn 5-6.

Pooya

I don't like midrange paly lists without argus, you become too weak to aggro. Justicar is really good against warrior, in other match ups you either don't want to play it or hero power often for it to matter all that much specially if you're running one qm, it's not worth it at all.

Dahbomb

People are still going to play Freeze Mage as long as Tempostorm keeps putting it in tier 1. Or as long as CW is not a tier 1 deck.

bjaelke

I don't see why Control Warrior should be determining the meta. Lots of favorable match-ups right now - just concede the warrior games and move on.

Xanathus

Dragon Priest so good in this Paladin meta, even wrecks Control Warrior. Also has easier matchup against Renolock compared to regular Handlock. Thank god it isn't listed as "tier 1" in Tempostorm's meta report.

Top Bottom