• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

bjaelke

Hearthstone ‏@PlayHearthstone

[EU] We are aware of server issues and are investigating them.

There's the title for OT9

Hycran

Banned
Got a duplicate Maly from brawl pack. Im convinced these things have higher legendary drop rates, but who knows. Not sure which legend i should craft now

Rag
Chillmaw (for dragon priest and warrior)
Rhonin for tempo mage
Jaraxxus
Alex or Grom

The problem is that a lot of popular deck types I don't have any of the pieces for. I have no molten giants or jaraxxus for handlock, I have no baron geddon, rag, alex, grim for control warrior, I have one ice block for freeze mage, etc etc. I don't want to dust my golden legendaries but it would actually be nice to construct the pieces needed for some of these decks

Line_HTX

Hey guys, it's been a long while and I haven't played in weeks too.

Man, I just love Ram Wrangler. I was facing this Paladin and managed to have Jungle Panther survive long enough for me to summon Ram.

THE BEASTS OBEY MEH.

Malorne: "I have returned."

eloiseFAESH

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got a Mukla from my pack. I'll keep him in hiding until it's mill time.

Mage is really strong in this brawl. Mana wyrm and flamewaker are obvious, I put nat pagle in and drew a million cards. Drake and Ethereal Conjurer also synergize well, didn't even think of Summoning Stone.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, and Antonidas are obvious. Everybody is immediately familiar with Tempo Mage.

Some not-so-obvious cards....

Any Rogue Combo Card
Lock and Load
Prophet Velen
The Trogg Family (Stonesplinter, Burly Rockjaw, Troggzor)
Mana Addict
Violet Teacher
Loatheb
Summoning Stone
Gadgetzan Auctioneer

Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, and Antonidas are obvious. Everybody is immediately familiar with Tempo Mage.

Some not-so-obvious cards....

Any Rogue Combo Card
Prophet Velen
The Trogg Family (Stonesplinter, Burly Rockjaw, Troggzor)
Mana Addict
Violet Teacher
Loatheb
Summoning Stone

Gadgetzan Auctioneer can finally make a comeback after the nerf.

Edit: You just beat me with the edit.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Gadgetzan Auctioneer can finally make a comeback after the nerf.

Edit: You just beat me with the edit.

Yeah I was almost hesitant to include it because draw effects might be overkill in this brawl. It was so easy to have a full hand, lol

Tacitus_

I thought I'd make the reynad shaman deck. Crafted a 2nd Doomhammer and pressed export deck.

I'm missing both totem golems. How.

Owzers

midrangey paladin coming together, but now it's living in a mech shaman weird zoo warlock world.

Got a Lay of Hands and second Aldor peacekeeper in my gold and brawl pack. Slowly....

bjaelke

A good argument against running 7-cost minions in Tavern Brawl

23dHV94.png

and instead opt for Mana Addict (abusive sergeant gave me wind fury)

Went with a Summoning Stone Mage deck for my first Brawl. Played Gang Up on my Summoning Stone. That was a fun game. Opponent kept killing the Stone only for me to play another! :D

It's weird that summoning stones don't follow the normal rules regarding mana-cost in hand. I'm almost positive that in previous brawls with similar mechanics, it was based off the present-cost and not the original cost. It's often a game ending play with the way it works.

Brawl was deeper than I expected though, I had a funny match where I was able to fatigue my opponent because he kept drawing too much and I got a clutch vanish.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird that summoning stones don't follow the normal rules regarding mana-cost in hand. I'm almost positive that in previous brawls with similar mechanics, it was based off the present-cost and not the original cost. It's often a game ending play with the way it works.

Brawl was deeper than I expected though, I had a funny match where I was able to fatigue my opponent because he kept drawing too much and I got a clutch vanish.

That is weird. Gazlow calculates current cost instead of original cost.

manhack

I initially hated this brawl, but after playing a few times to get quests completed it is actually a ton of fun.

Decided to make mech decks with Shaman and Paladin. I added a bunch of mechs, loatheb, eydis darkbane, summoning stones, boom and kel'thuzad.

Worked out really well because mechs would get me on the board then loatheb or summoning stone on turn 5 was insane. Kezan mystic always ended up getting value.

Got destroyed by some crazy ramp druid shenanigans, but otherwise very solid.

jgminto

I'm not a huge fan of the brawl since I only have a few of the cards that actually synergise with it well (Loatheb, Rockjaw Troggs). I was able to get a win with an all minion Ramp Druid at least.

I think summoning stone uses current cost in constructed and standard cost for the cards you get from the brawl mechanic, for whatever reason. In constructed it still works as you think it does.

Acinixys

This Brawl has been amazing

Had a Druid get me down to 1 HP

I play Nefarian

I get Tree of Life

Heal back up to 30

Win the game 4 turns later
laugh.gif

Fishlake

The new brawl has been a lot of fun. It is great that that the only 9 cost spell is tree of life. That can make games go well beyond what they would otherwise.

manhack

The new brawl has been a lot of fun. It is great that that the only 9 cost spell is tree of life. That can make games go well beyond what they would otherwise.

Yeah had a couple games with Twisting Nether and Tree of Life. I think thats why it is super important to have some card draw in this Brawl or you can easily get blown out by turn 8 if it makes it that far.

This Brawl has been amazing

Had a Druid get me down to 1 HP

I play Nefarian

I get Tree of Life

Heal back up to 30

Win the game 4 turns later
laugh.gif

I think Tree of Life is the only spell you get for 9 mana. I won a game into fatigue sitting on like 3 tree of lifes... and he was ahead of me on fatigue so I just kept healing both of us up to 30 and he got hit with the 30 fatigue. LOL

KuroNeeko

So GAF, I've been messing around with Summoning Stone for the past few days since it appeals to my inner-Johnny and this is what I'm running right now. (rank 13-ish)

The deck is here.

Deck List:

Innervate x 2
Zombie Chow x 2
Wild Growth x 2
Wrath x 2
D. Aspirant x 2
M. Raptor x 2
Swipe x 2
K. Grove x 2
P. Shredder x 2
Nourish x 1
Starfall x 1
DotClaw x 2
S. Stone x 2
FoNature x 1
Starfire x 1
E. Thaurissan x 1
AoLore x 2
Dr. Boom x 1

What do you think? I use the standard ramp tools to try to rush my way into the mid-late game where I can hopefully take advantage Summoning Stone with my mana pool.

Druid has a few good 4~6 cost spells that can really just snowball the game with a Summoning Stone: Swipe, Starfall, Starfire, Force of Nature, and Nourish. You can save the Innervates to power out a spell the turn you drop Stone, Wild Growth on turn 10 gets you two creatures and another card. Nourish with a Summoning Stone is also insane. I've considered Recycle as well since removing at creature and getting a 6-cost creature is pretty good, but it's so slow.

The Mounted Raptors have been "OK". So far, best case scenario has been an Injured Khavir (2/4 dood.) I'm using them as "sticky" minions that help me maintain some sort of board presence.

I've eeked out a few wins, but mostly because of the surprise factor I think. Any suggestions?

got shit on today running control priest. Shit feels bad man. Think I'm mulliganning my opening hands wrong

I've been getting frustrated with Priest, both Control and Dragon.

Go Dragon and it feels like I never get the 1-2 drops or Dragons.
Go Control, and I'm always getting the ASP without the Circle or vice-versa.

I don't know.

Dahbomb

ROFL Kripp crying over getting annhialated by Flamewakers in the Brawl.

"I am just going to instant concede against a Mage if I queue up against one..."

Tagyhag

ROFL Kripp crying over getting annhialated by Flamewakers in the Brawl.

"I am just going to instant concede against a Mage if I queue up against one..."

I don't blame him, brawls are supposed to be about having fun, there's only one person having fun in that side. I think he faced 7 mages out of 10 games.

I'm glad I beat this brawl at the very start lol.

I don't blame him, brawls are supposed to be about having fun, there's only one person having fun in that side. I think he faced 7 mages out of 10 games.

Me too... I won with a flamewaker doing about 20 damage to face against a full board of troggs.

Not the best brawl.

Tagyhag

Me too... I won with a flamewaker doing about 20 damage to face against a full board of troggs.

Not the best brawl.

Doesn't help that Kripp doesn't have the best of luck.

He just struggled against a mage that went all out on the brawl (Flamewalker, bunch of 1/2 minions, antonidas etc.) and ended up losing at the very end due to a 50/50 chance haha.

Me too. I won with a Warlock with a very very low curve. My highest was 2 Doomguards. 20 cards in my deck were 2 mana or less.

Using Summoning Portal I was able to put out so many minions mid-late game with cheap secrets playing defense. Destroyed the oppo.

Tarazet

Been playing a new F2P account to practice arena. Anyone else feel like they do better with a super low curve and aggressive mindset? Not necessarily ignoring good plays just to do 2 more face damage, but whenever I've drafted decks with lots of 4 drops and a curve/tempo mindset, I've gotten demolished over and over. It seems for me that the more 2 drops, the better, and a few good 1 drops are fantastic.

Mulgrok

well, with the mill decks and deathrattle rogue being so popular it appears I will have to give up on my buff paladin deck. I have to go balls out tempo against them and having a hand full of buff spells and no minions means the game is decided in mulligan.

Been playing a new F2P account to practice arena. Anyone else feel like they do better with a super low curve and aggressive mindset? Not necessarily ignoring good plays just to do 2 more face damage, but whenever I've drafted decks with lots of 4 drops and a curve/tempo mindset, I've gotten demolished over and over. It seems for me that the more 2 drops, the better, and a few good 1 drops are fantastic.

If you don't draft aggro you will lose to all of the value removal with no way to regain any presence. Putting down single solid minions does nothing when they get flame cannon/eviscerrate/truesilvered.

EDIT: anything 4 or higher mana better have 5 hp or more to avoid a lot of the removal.

Dahbomb

Arena is all about tempo. You lose a drop early game and you tend to lose that game. Because of Inspire like mechanics, whoever gais early board control can snowball out of control. It's also harder to punish tempo plays because there are less board clears in general to work with.

Top Bottom