• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

yea first one thought it was good to gang up my sylvannas so i won pretty much off that, the 2nd one just wrecked me as mid/control priest. I also fought two deathrattle rogues and yea cant do shit about that. I'm making dumb mistakes at times but man that shit sucks. Went from almost rank 10 to almost rank 13. Think it's time to play secret paladin

KuroNeeko

I was watching Kripp play his Stone deck and he's a solid player. He may not be good at constructing decks, but he makes the most of all of his turns. I'm a pretty dedicated Priest player, but I learned stuff watching him squeeze the most out of every application of the class skill and his mana.

I was thinking, "Man, he doesn't get enough credit."
Sure, he's no Kolento, but then again, who is?

Same with Reynad - no respect. (lol)

Dahbomb

I was watching Kripp play his Stone deck and he's a solid player. He may not be good at constructing decks, but he makes the most of all of his turns. I'm a pretty dedicated Priest player, but I learned stuff watching him squeeze the most out of every application of the class skill and his mana.

I was thinking, "Man, he doesn't get enough credit."
Sure, he's no Kolento, but then again, who is?

Same with Reynad - no respect. (lol)
It's pretty easy to point out mistakes in players who have been streaming for hours at odd times (especially when you aren't in the hot seat yourself + looking at stream chat yourself). Not everyone plays 100% all the time. People make worse mistakes in tournaments and they are in maximum try hard mode at that stage.

If Kripp was serious then he could easily be a top constructed player, he just hates playing on Ladder outside of using fun decks (and by fun it's usually Wallet Warrior). But I guess he will settle for being a top Arena player.

Pooya

It's really satisfying to go through MC, Boom, brawl them away, then Tirion, steal their Tirion, win and get legend! yay. I feel I've defeated THE final boss.

Patron warrior mastered, sometimes I impress myself with it lolz. still not gold yet.

Dre

Just double checking, but multiple Branns don't stack, right? Battlecries will only trigger two times, not more than that?

Kolento was in this situation a couple days ago on stream, he played both his duplicated Branns and the battlecry from his next minion only triggered twice.

gutshot

It's really satisfying to go through MC, Boom, brawl them away, then Tirion, steal their Tirion, win and get legend! yay. I feel I've defeated THE final boss.

Patron warrior mastered, sometimes I impress myself with it lolz. still not gold yet.

What does your Patron Warrior list look like? I've been playing Ostkaka's list from Worlds, but his doesn't run Brawl or Shield Slam/Sylvannas (which I assume is what you used to steal Tirion).

Pooya

this is what I played on EU. I probably wouldn't play this list on US. EU meta was more control oriented to me, with a lot of priests and control warriors, secret paladin and druids are like the most aggressive decks I get matched against. US ladder on similar ranks felt far more aggressive to me, with aggro freeze mages even and after Reynad's cult come on ladder, it's just cancer fest. I think that standard list xixo/ostkaka play is better in this case, it's more of tempo deck, this one is like a control deck. I was targeting priests and warrior in particular and this performs way better than that, against mid range paladin too, you have to go all in with that other deck and hope they don't have the answer which rarely ever worked in my experience. You have a decent chance against priest with this one, CW is still really tough but it's not unwinnable.

In a fast meta, the one with dread corsairs is better against face shaman, cancer druid and others. Overall the deck is reaaally hard to play, much harder than before. If you fall behind there is no warsong combo wombo to get you back in the game. It's even more complicated now, often it's not clear what's the right play. If people are playing weird decks, it gets even harder to predict, you must know what you're going to do and what you can possibly draw for the next like 3 turns, every turn. Much harder than rogue decks I've played or the old patron....

1448464167-1.jpg

I don't have Rag on this account, if I did I would probably test it, I've seen in mirror some play it, seems ok against control in place of Sylvanas maybe.

bjaelke

Battle of Tol Barad
Magical creatures are escaping from Tol Barad! Play a minion and get a random spell of the same cost, but for free!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Battle of Tol Barad
Magical creatures are escaping from Tol Barad! Play a minion and get a random spell of the same cost, but for free!

Ah, so it's the opposite of the "play a spell, get minion" brawl.

Also you're going to play Mage in this brawl, because why wouldn't you?

Ladekabel

Mana Wyrm doing the work in this brawl. Played it in my first turn and got blessin of might. Druid I was playing against had no answers for 3 turns. Then he got a fireball from a yeti.
Quite a funny brawl but with the speels being free you don't want to play anything besides mage.

Just started playing this. Pretty damn deep combat. Fun but can be frustrating.

Only 2 days in but already can see the need to spend at least $70 just to unlock the content. Which is sad. Game is simply fight others right now. Getting the hang of ranked though and currently ranked 20. Running into players I can already tell have really expensive decks.

Hate how bad the money is in this, basically forced to spend to enjoy anything. Maybe at some point will be the 24.99 to unlock a chapter

Dragner

Well the game is F2P you will earn packs at good rate but unless you are patient or go infinite in Arena make a competitive deck will take a while because peole has been playing this for a while now, so patience or money to grab them. Trump (a streamer and youtuber) has made several free to play runs to legend so you should check those.

ZealousD

So yeah, OTK Raptor isn't viable on ladder, but DayNine did it.

The ending to this game is.... something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPFY-fZkpOI#t=24m36s

Just started playing this. Pretty damn deep combat. Fun but can be frustrating.

Only 2 days in but already can see the need to spend at least $70 just to unlock the content. Which is sad. Game is simply fight others right now. Getting the hang of ranked though and currently ranked 20. Running into players I can already tell have really expensive decks.

Hate how bad the money is in this, basically forced to spend to enjoy anything. Maybe at some point will be the 24.99 to unlock a chapter

Yeah this is a difficult time to be new to the game right now. If you check the OP I did a video on giving tips on how to manage your gold and real money. It's a little out of date but most of the tips still apply.

Short and sweet version:
1. Re-roll any 40 gold quests to try and get 50/60/100 gold quests.
2. Avoid crafting commons/rares.
3. If you spend any money at all, spend them on adventure modes.

Pooya

The difference between being underdog and topdog for Blizzard.

HotS has a BF sale, everything is half off.
Hearthstone, zilch, sales never. they just keep repeating that they are concerned about new players. yeah sure. when you look at shop it's quite scary now, might want to jump out right from there.

ZealousD

The difference between being underdog and topdog for Blizzard.

HotS has a BF sale, everything is half off.
Hearthstone, zilch, sales never. they just keep repeating that they are concerned about new players. yeah sure. when you look at shop it's quite scary now, might want to jump out right from there.

Basically the sales all happen at the Amazon Appstore.

ViviOggi

Yeah at this point, as a new player, I'd make a 360 and moonwalk away asap

Don't throw money at Blizz until they finally bother introducing formats, expanding the basic set or at least offering a good deal on old expansions

Then again they also might add deck slots in the meantime and then you're right back to square one

ZealousD

I'm still putting my chips down that for the next major expansion that we're going to see a major shuffle in formats and cards.

Xanathus

Yeah at this point, as a new player, I'd make a 360 and moonwalk away asap

Don't throw money at Blizz until they finally bother introducing formats, expanding the basic set or at least offering a good deal on old expansions

Then again they also might add deck slots in the meantime and then you're right back to square one

Yeah I cannot recommend the game to any new players unless money is not an issue for them. The only reason I keep playing is because I've been there since the beta and have amassed a vast collection purely from the daily gold rewards. If even just all my gold was suddenly wiped out I would immediately stop playing the game even if I kept my cards.

amazon sales are just coin promotion. like I don't think Blizzard has anything to do with that.

Amazon does promotions on Hearthstone packs as well, on occasion. It's usually something like buy $50 in packs and get X% back. It was 50% back during the launch of GvG, but I don't think it's been that high since.

See, this is why the create a deck brawls are garbage compared to the pre-made ones. I'm literally just going against a face Hunter right now.

People always play Hunter despite it never being the strongest class. Take the free win and move on.

thats what I made for the brawl lol

Edit: yea I feel bad for the druid I was facing lol. He made a deck to go w/ the brawl and I just SMOrc'd him down lol. Man I got 2 demon fuses from scientists, was pretty lame. Guy played rag but I wonder what spell you get from him

Dahbomb

See, this is why the create a deck brawls are garbage compared to the pre-made ones. I'm literally just going against a face Hunter right now.
Hunter isn't even that strong in this Brawl.

People always play Hunter at the start, realize it isn't good then switch to the real best class for the Brawl.

This one is probably Mage. I say probably because someone tried Mill Druid and it almost worked.

Though Summoning Stone in this Brawl is absolutely nuts. Like game winning.

Going against Reynad's Shaman deck is fucking depressing.

It just perfectly highlights what a trainwreck this game has become. Where going face is the best option 99% of the time.

Pooya

I played my first brawl just now with mech mage... against face hunter.

mechwarper, coin mechwarper into annoy-o-tron. I got wrath and backstab. yeah hunter guy got rekt.

Dahbomb

So I just realized that there's only one 9 mana spell in the game and that's tree of life.

Someone abused this against me. He put a Duplicate up and then Malygos before setting up Rhonin.

He kept healing to full after using Malygos LMAO! I still beat him though but that combo was ridiculous!

bjaelke

So I just realized that there's only one 9 mana spell in the game and that's tree of life.

Someone abused this against me. He put a Duplicate up and then Malygos before setting up Rhonin.

He kept healing to full after using Malygos LMAO!
Yeah.

I'm running Sneed's for that reason. Gives me Twisting Nether half the time (other 8 mana spell is Lay on Hands) which is a free board clear with a legendary minion for me. Play Malygos the following turn and you got yourself a decent advantage.

Dahbomb

The skill cap for this Brawl is actually higher than expected.

That said it still favors aggro minion based decks. But you have to make a lot of complex decisions in this brawl.

Also Summoning Stone summons minions based on the ORIGINAL cost of the card. So you can potentially save up spells for turn 5 and then have a crazy board.

squidyj

So yeah, OTK Raptor isn't viable on ladder, but DayNine did it.

The ending to this game is.... something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPFY-fZkpOI#t=24m36s

Yeah this is a difficult time to be new to the game right now. If you check the OP I did a video on giving tips on how to manage your gold and real money. It's a little out of date but most of the tips still apply.

Short and sweet version:
1. Re-roll any 40 gold quests to try and get 50/60/100 gold quests.
2. Avoid crafting commons/rares.
3. If you spend any money at all, spend them on adventure modes.

to be more specific. you want to reroll the most ubiquitous 40 gold quest in your log. That is to say the one that would be difficult not to complete while playing the game, eg cast spells, or play small minions.
You should also only complete 40 gold quests when your quest log is full, you want maximum chances at rerolling those into more valuable 50/60/pack quests.
If you have a high value quest and 1 or 2 40 gold quests that don't overlap, complete the high value quest before you reroll one of your 40s so that you don't risk creating an overlap causing you to complete the 40.

The skill cap for this Brawl is actually higher than expected.

That said it still favors aggro minion based decks. But you have to make a lot of complex decisions in this brawl.

Also Summoning Stone summons minions based on the ORIGINAL cost of the card. So you can potentially save up spells for turn 5 and then have a crazy board.
uhhhhhhhhh no it doesn't. oh hey in the brawl it does, breaking the way it works with every other mana reducing effect, that's cool.

Top Bottom