• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Blizzard, please stop giving me Shaman quests if you are not going to give Shaman any decent cards.

I have TWO of the 60 gold Shaman quests I'm going to have to reroll.
Aggro Mech/Overload Shaman for easy wins, easy games, easy gold, easy quests and easy life.

Levi

Banned
Play Reynad's cancer deck.

If nothing else you'll luck into enough turn 5/6 lethals to complete the quest.

I actually tried to do that. Lost two ranks! I never drew minions early or burn late. Fuck that deck! Lol.

Trying to do the quest in brawl, it's nothing but tempo mage. This brawl is so bad because of that deck, and that's all anyone plays.

Yeah I dunno why they are hung up on not banning cards in some Brawls. Like every single brawl that involves playing spells will just be Mages because woah, Mages have the best spells! No flamewaker or summoning stone would make it a bit more balanced. Astral Communion has ruined a few Brawls as well

Sande

Far from it. Yes, Summoning Stone bug is annoying, but apart from that it's both fun and challenging. Just the right amount of RNG for something that's not competitive.
Spells shouldn't cost 0 imo. Maybe some kind of reduction but not just outright 0.

Dahbomb

Summoning Stone ruins the brawl actually, it's not supposed to work like this.
Summoning Stone boards can at least be cleared (you get a lot of board clears) and Summoning Stone can be counter played by Crazed Alchemist. And every class can use Summoning Stone so it's fair.

With Flamewaker they save a few spells and then just unload with Flamewaker to clear your board and do like 20 damage to your face.

Pooya

checked Trump's stream (well he's the only streamer right now) and he's playing against some of the worst players I've seen game after game. why I don't ever get hunters that trade or silence aspirant? lol.

btw Trump's stream.. residentsleeper. Judging by the questions on stream it's just new people that watch it, I guess it's good for that.

squidyj

2x wyrm 2x flamewaker, 2x summoning stone, boom, antonidas, rag, 2x scarab ( to draw more flamewakers) and mechs.

keep calm and spam on.

You know something that bugs the ever loving fuck out of me?

Evil Heckler and Booty Bay Bodyguard.

Both are the same exact thing but Evil Heckler costs 4 and BBB costs 5. Like what the fuck Blizzard? Do you know what power creep means?

Both are the same exact thing but Evil Heckler costs 4 and BBB costs 5. Like what the fuck Blizzard? Do you know what power creep means?

we've talked about this, blizzard doesnt seem to realize that they have a digital card game so they dont need to make strictly better cards, they can just buff old ones

but buff and nerf are like swear words, apparently

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ice Rager and Evil Heckler don't really bother me much anymore. They've barely had any impact on the game so it's nothing to get mad about.

Mysterious Challenger, Mad Scientist, Dr. Boom, and Piloted Shredder are all much more problematic and detrimental to the game than anything else. These should be the cards bothering you.

we've talked about this, blizzard doesnt seem to realize that they have a digital card game so they dont need to make strictly better cards, they can just buff old ones

but buff and nerf are like swear words, apparently

Yeah....I mean, they're probably saving it for a huge patch but...stuff like that bugs me.

Ice Rager and Evil Heckler don't really bother me much anymore. They've barely had any impact on the game so it's nothing to get mad about.

Mysterious Challenger, Mad Scientist, Dr. Boom, and Piloted Shredder are all much more problematic and detrimental to the game than anything else. These should be the cards bothering you.

Piloted Shredder is fun. The other ones...not so much. But then again because this game can do things regular TCGs can't(Unstable Portal can summon anything for example), it's to be expected.....but for Shredder atleast, it could do with a damage/health nerf to count for its abiltiy.

Szadek

You apperently don't know what power creep means.
Making slightly better version of cards that are far below the power curve isn't power creep,because it doesn't change the game in anyway whatsoever.
They are only a bit better then cards that aren't played at all.

Cards like Piloted Shredder and Dr Boom are power creep, because they are so much better that they have a huge impact on the game.

You apperently don't know what power creep means.
Making slightly better version of cards that are far below the power curve isn't power creep,because it doesn't change the game in anyway whatsoever.
They are only a bit better then cards that aren't played at all.

Cards like Piloted Shredder and Dr Boom are power creep, because they are so much better that they have a huge impact on the game.

Mana power creep

seriously tho, power creep can mean multiple things @_@ releasing a card that does the same thing as another card but at a better value is a form of power creep

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda hate having mirror entity in my mech mage deck. I understand how mad scientist makes it OP even with the one mana cost counters, but it seems so often I'm left with a mirror entity in my hand as a dead card in a deck that has enough problems with having enough cards to play.

It's hard to justify replacing it, because it does occasionally outright win you games, but it sure does annoy me.

They're not. These cards are Blizzards way of saying "OK, we fucked up on the original card."

On the one hand, it makes the basic cards seem like really basic. Like, my friend says this game is pay to win, and I can see why(He hasn't put a dime into the game but struggles doing ranked against people who have blackrock sets, explorer sets, dr. balanced).

I'm thinking, 'Well that's every tcg ever'.

However, the silver lining is that they've created new metas that entirely work. You can create a mage mech deck, or a priest mech deck, or a priest dragon deck, and it's seemingly viable. Going forward, if they keep adding mechanics that are diverse and don't make everything before it irrelevant, than this game will be in a good position despite the fact that the introductory cards are weak.

greepoman

I kinda hate having mirror entity in my mech mage deck. I understand how mad scientist makes it OP even with the one mana cost counters, but it seems so often I'm left with a mirror entity in my hand as a dead card in a deck that has enough problems with having enough cards to play.

It's hard to justify replacing it, because it does occasionally outright win you games, but it sure does annoy me.

You're probably not considering the opponent's tempo loss in the other games. A one mana creature isn't really a counter...even if they can fill their curve that's probably not the play they wanted to make on that turn it there hadn't been a secret. It's definitely one of the key ways the deck snowballs to a win before the opponent can stabilize.

God deathrattle rogue is stupid. Should just start playing Dragon Priest with mass dipsel. A piloted shredder for 1 mana less that always drops Milhouse, balanced as fuck

Talking about Rogues, I face a mill-deck rogue today. It was pretty annoying. He had alot of clear, but he kept copying that one murloc that draws 2 cards for both players, he had dancing swords....that one taunt that made you play a minion...if I had played it a bit smarter I could've won, but I was busy wondering what the hell he was doing.

Miletius

Talking about Rogues, I face a mill-deck rogue today. It was pretty annoying. He had alot of clear, but he kept copying that one murloc that draws 2 cards for both players, he had dancing swords....that one taunt that made you play a minion...if I had played it a bit smarter I could've won, but I was busy wondering what the hell he was doing.

Mill decks are in an interesting place. I don't think they are viable but they can certainly catch you by surprise and win a game. Not a great long term strategy but still fun to play with and against.

Everyone upset about Evil Heckler just forgets about Huge Toad don't they? Strictly better than Bloodfen Raptor

200px-Murloc_Tinyfin%2827225%29.png

RIP wisp.

But when people complain about power creep, you have to factor in the balancing effect of new Shaman overload cards. That always keeps things about equal.

Just beat an eboladin with my mage deck, so good. I called his buff of avenge until I was ready to eliminate what it buffed, hit him in the fact, managed to outplay him at most turns. He got me when I played Ysera and sacred trials popped, but I won anyways because of a clutch mirror entity to his sludge.(I should've played the board out, but I forgot about sacred trials existence).

200px-Murloc_Tinyfin%2827225%29.png

RIP wisp.

But when people complain about power creep, you have to factor in the balancing effect of new Shaman overload cards. That always keeps things about equal.

Dies to hungry crab. Wisp is still the strongest minion in the game. We called it dr. 0 before dr. boom was even in the game, because it just defies the space time continuum.

jgminto

Ugh, was maintaining the lead in an arena game and my opponent Spellslinger'd themselves an Explorer's Hat. They got massive value from it with basically every trade going forward. It either pushed my minion into Hero Power range or required extra removal from me.

Pooya

Ugh, was maintaining the lead in an arena game and my opponent Spellslinger'd themselves an Explorer's Hat. They got massive value from it with basically every trade going forward. It either pushed my minion into Hero Power range or required extra removal from me.

That card is insane in patron warrior lol.

I wonder if you can make a patron hunter with dreadscale and hat :p

FeD.nL

That card is insane in patron warrior lol.

I wonder if you can make a patron hunter with dreadscale and hat :p

That sounds like a fun deck! I really got my hopes up for Sir Finley, the Hunter Hero power is so one sided and I think with Finley and Hat we might actually see a proper control hunter.

Cipherr

Summoning Stone ruins the brawl actually, it's not supposed to work like this.

No one has any creativity. People are so fucking tryhard. Every brawl match its some cornball mage with Flamewalkers Summoning stones and a Pyro or two with Antonidas.

I swear, no one thinks of anything on their own, these people just quickly netdeck something or grab something they see on a stream and run with the most corny unoriginal stuff ever.

ViviOggi

It's odd to blame the players instead of Blizz's decision to never ban even the most obvious cards in brawl

Where's the room for creativity when there's out of this world busted cards like Flamewanker and Stone

Even Johnny wants to win once in a while

Tarazet

On the one hand, it makes the basic cards seem like really basic. Like, my friend says this game is pay to win, and I can see why(He hasn't put a dime into the game but struggles doing ranked against people who have blackrock sets, explorer sets, dr. balanced).

I'm thinking, 'Well that's every tcg ever'.

However, the silver lining is that they've created new metas that entirely work. You can create a mage mech deck, or a priest mech deck, or a priest dragon deck, and it's seemingly viable. Going forward, if they keep adding mechanics that are diverse and don't make everything before it irrelevant, than this game will be in a good position despite the fact that the introductory cards are weak.

The introductory cards are bad, but you still have gems like Shattered Sun Cleric, Acidic Swamp Ooze, Chillwind Yeti, Gnomish Inventor, Boulderfist. Not the most exciting minions in the world, but they provide all the value you need, without making things too complicated for beginners to handle. As far as class cards go, Mage and Hunter are clearly better off than the others. Anyone should at least be able to hit rank 20 with one of Trump's F2P decks after reaching level 10 and unlocking the class cards. Just adding an Ironbeak Owl and knowing when to use it can make all the difference in the world when it comes to countering the power/complexity creep. You'll still get destroyed by Secret Paladin and Aggro Druid, but most of the current decks do.

Dragner

Ebola shaman is disguting, turn 6 kills against warrior though fiery war axe, brawl , execute and shield block.

Turn 6 kill against warlock through implosion,darkbomb, shawowflame.mortal coil.

Blizzard should do something about cancer decks, its absurd how efficient this creatures are in comparison on how bad is mass removal.

Hellfire is absurdly bad, brawl is overcosted, shadowflame is hard to pull off and twisting nether should cost a lot less...consecration is almost terrible unless you play against other paladin and holy nova...well is a priest card.

Pls blizzard, update board clears, overextending is almost not punishing nowadays without patron.

Dahbomb

Ebola shaman is disguting, turn 6 kills against warrior though fiery war axe, brawl , execute and shield block.

Turn 6 kill against warlock through implosion,darkbomb, shawowflame.mortal coil.

Blizzard should do something about cancer decks, its absurd how efficient this creatures are in comparison on how bad is mass removal.

Hellfire is absurdly bad, brawl is overcosted, shadowflame is hard to pull off and twisting nether should cost a lot less...consecration is almost terrible unless you play against other paladin and holy nova...well is a priest card.

Pls blizzard, update board clears, overextending is almost not punishing nowadays without patron.
This has been the case since Naxx and it has only gotten worse.

Aside from Light bomb we have not received a good AOE clear in a long ass time. I mean we got Excavated Evil (over costed Hellfire) and Powershot (in Hunter so it doesn't exist) but it's not even close to the amount t of powerhouse minions we have gotten since Naxx.

Compared to minions we have gotten since Naxx:

Nerubian Egg
Haunted Creeper
Mad Scientist
Shredder
Sky Golem
Fel Reaver
Mech Warped
Dr Balanced
Unearthed Raptor
Mounted Raptor
Argent Horserider
Imp Gang Boss
Shielded Minibot
Loatheb (denies AOE clears, helps aggro more)
Dark Peddler
Murloc Knight
Mysterious Challenger

etc.

ViviOggi

Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther

Pooya

Fifth game in a row I've lost to perfect draws and/or top decks.

It's a wonder I even fucking log in to do quests at this point.

Edit: Fine Hearthstone, I forgive you.

I was playing Reno paladin for fun against this druid, I'm at near full health, he's at 7 and I have the board and Reno in hand, safe right? He only has 3 cards, nothing can happen. Here comes the 4th cards I die to innervate+force+force+savage roar. ok.

next game playing patron, I kill a shredder against hunter, it's zap-o-matic. ok.

next game, against a pirate rogue, with ridiculous opening with cannons and as I'm about to stabilize, top deck lethal. ok I'm not even mad about this it was fun.

next game, it's freeze mage, this should be easy finally a win. "you've been disconnected from your game"

ok. that's enough for today.

Played a very very long but fun game vs an overload shaman with my midrange paladin. The shaman has insane shit in his deck including a lightning storm, two elemntal destruction and a nepulton. Luckily I was able to play my justicar in curve and able to maximize my guys value every turn, repopulating my board after gettng wiped multiple times and saving my tyrion until he used both hex.

No one has any creativity. People are so fucking tryhard. Every brawl match its some cornball mage with Flamewalkers Summoning stones and a Pyro or two with Antonidas.

I swear, no one thinks of anything on their own, these people just quickly netdeck something or grab something they see on a stream and run with the most corny unoriginal stuff ever.

I use summoning stone in my brawl deck but I use druid, cause I think they have the best big minions which gives me the best big spells. Like dropping a ironbark I am guaranteed to have a free twisting nether.

Dragner

I won my pack with a funky druid deck, but then I got the 5 brawls quest and then I had to tryhard with mana wyrm,mana addict,flamewanker,summoning stone, troggs, antonidas,...sry but im not a brawl guy gotta go fast (still played 4/5 mirrors).

Top Bottom