• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

bunbun777

New warlock sticky deck got me to rank 5. Very satisfying playing a 1 mana 5/5, or gormaking someone's face. Dark peddler typically gives out the good stuff just don't be implosioning 3 health bodies without backup, you will only get 2 imps. But 2 health always gives 3 probably 4 imps it's just called "understanding and accepting rng".

Man, Raptor Rogue is freaking legit. Hadn't really dived into it much but playing it a little for a quest and wow is it powerful, not to mention actually fun to play as well.

Made this secret Paladin just give up and start roping and emoting after Haunted Creeper into Unearthed Raptor. Too good.

I'm really glad Rogue actually got a new archetype as I really hated playing Oil. I kinda wonder if Sir FInley will fit into the deck since you don't really leverage weapons that much.

I was playing Reno paladin for fun against this druid, I'm at near full health, he's at 7 and I have the board and Reno in hand, safe right? He only has 3 cards, nothing can happen. Here comes the 4th cards I die to innervate+force+force+savage roar. ok.

next game playing patron, I kill a shredder against hunter, it's zap-o-matic. ok.

next game, against a pirate rogue, with ridiculous opening with cannons and as I'm about to stabilize, top deck lethal. ok I'm not even mad about this it was fun.

next game, it's freeze mage, this should be easy finally a win. "you've been disconnected from your game"

ok. that's enough for today.

Yeah, in my opinion there's no worse feeling in this game than when you do everything right but your opponent just gets luckier than you with draws or stuff like a deathrattle on Shredder. I guess it happens to everyone eventually but damn it's frustrating.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
200px-Murloc_Tinyfin%2827225%29.png

RIP wisp.

But when people complain about power creep, you have to factor in the balancing effect of new Shaman overload cards. That always keeps things about equal.

Y'all laugh, but people are gonna run both Wisp and Murloc Tinyfin in their Hobgoblin decks.Somebody's going to play two hobgoblins followed by 4 zero mana 6/6's and you're gonna shit your pants.

Dahbomb

Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Versus Uther
Was trying to coach someone last night and his was Paladin vs like 5 Paladins in a row then I just called it quits. End of month time brings out all the try hard once again.

Made this secret Paladin just give up and start roping and emoting after Haunted Creeper into Unearthed Raptor. Too good.
He didn't give up he got bugged due to Raptor. This card is really broken right now. People friend requested me and told me they got bugged out due to the card.

shira

These fucking noobs who attack first with their Dr Balanced when a secret is up
mayatomr_laugh.gif

It's like the game wants to give me gold
ZDsxCCG.gif

Dragner

Secret Paladin is bad outside of tryhard tournaments( because people go safe there). Loses terribly against hunter, token warlock, ebola shaman and reno warlock, rogue,... Not really well positioned right now, and purple reckt Dreamhack with Patron so...FU Uther.

Dahbomb

Doesn't it just cause disconnects, or more than that? He was still emoting so I figured he didn't get bugged out.
You can still emote but you can't play cards. You are essentially locked out while you watch.

Secret Paladin is bad outside of tryhard tournaments( because people go safe there). Loses terribly against hunter, token warlock, ebola shaman and reno warlock, rogue,... Not really well positioned right now, and purple reckt Dreamhack with Patron so...FU Uther.
You know there's also Midrange Paladin.

Raytow

Still Paladin had the best WR in the tournament, a Hoej went undefeated up to the quarterfinals iirc with it, nah the archetype is strong and can still win against those decks you just mentioned, it just turns out its not as skewed as with the usual ones.

Dahbomb

Secret paladin is still the best deck in the game free (Minus broken Raptor deck on Ladder because of bugs). Counters be damned. When it gets rolling there's nothing stopping it. Way higher win percentage than OG Grim Patron which still got nerfed.

Dragner

Secret paladin is still the best deck in the game free (Minus broken Raptor deck on Ladder because of bugs). Counters be damned. When it gets rolling there's nothing stopping it. Way higher win percentage than OG Grim Patron which still got nerfed.

Yeah it can win of course, but Ive beat the dream hand of secret paladin with ebola shaman and token warlock easily(Im like 90% winrate against Secret paladin with those 2 decks, my deck tracker doesnt show all the matches), it can win because yeah, you line up OP cards and if opp doesnt match well you win, but thre are so many counters right now that you must be running hot like lava or opponent be disabled to win constantly like a month ago...heck even midrange paladin is better right now IMO, Uldaman is a beast man (and that Uther is a one I like).

Dahbomb

You listed two decks that are more aggressive than even Secret Paladin. So no surprise there, you probably win the game before dr 6 is played esecially that Shaman deck.

And yeah Midrange Paladin is pretty stron at the moment Keeper of Uldaman is really strong.

Pooya

Running raptors in oil is pretty good. Oil rogue's struggle mainly is to have something stick on board and there is nothing more sticky than these combo with shredder. I'm not running eggs, just creepers now, if you run eggs you need to include activators too and I don't want that. Kolento was playing a list yesterday with just two shredders and two raptors, the rest was regular oil list and it was doing well.

I don't like the deathrattle lists, they don't have any finisher or burst and they run cards like abusive sergeant or argus. I don't care about that kind of decks that are all about 1 2 3 curving, , it's like playing paladin and that's really boring.

I want to test the tomb pillager now, that card is probably better for raptor oil rogue than the deathrattle lists, how good a turn 4 coin is I will have to wait and see but it can enable some early lethal I guess. It happens a lot that you have lethal but 1 mana short or you can't combo the cards properly in order without another card. It's not going to be as good as early game coin but it can be pretty good still. Specially if you're playing a slower list with AB or Dr. Boom.

ZealousD

Playing in arena. I go first.

My two drop is Acidic Swamp Ooze.

Paladin emotes "I'm sorry" and plays Sword of Justice.

I kill him by Turn 6.

Dragner

You listed two decks that are more aggressive than even Secret Paladin. So no surprise there, you probably win the game before dr 6 is played esecially that Shaman deck.

And yeah Midrange Paladin is pretty stron at the moment Keeper of Uldaman is really strong.

Yeah Im only saying that ladder is more hostile to Secret Paladin now, is still a great deck because plays a lot of OP cards but is probably balanced right now, more is Patron makes a comeback, that could probably bury the deck into Tier 2-3.

Tagyhag

How do you guys feel about arena having a minimum req for rarity? For example, every deck will have at least 3 rare chances, 2 epic, one legendary etc.

Obviously one can win without legendaries but you are definitely at a disadvantage if someone with equal skill rolled 1 or 2.

Dahbomb

How do you guys feel about arena having a minimum req for rarity? For example, every deck will have at least 3 rare chances, 2 epic, one legendary etc.

Obviously one can win without legendaries but you are definitely at a disadvantage if someone with equal skill rolled 1 or 2.
There's already a minimum Rare amount in Arena. Your first and last choices are always rares plus one the middle card choices are always rares as well. So you always get 3 rares minimum.

I think having 1 guaranteed epic would be cool. Though epics are generally bad in Arena.

Just lost for the second time to a Raptor Rogue due to the disconnect bug when I for sure had the win the next turn. Fuck you, Blizzard. Not only did you introduce an OP card, but you gave it a game winning bug. Fix your shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I win this one, friend.
68747470733a2f2f6769742e696f2f3448656164

YcU6X9g.png

He coined emperor, ran the voidcaller into my fel reaver to pull a doomguard, then traded into my spider tank instead of killing the fel reaver. Exact lethal next turn.

There's already a minimum Rare amount in Arena. Your first and last choices are always rares plus one the middle card choices are always rares as well. So you always get 3 rares minimum.

I think having 1 guaranteed epic would be cool. Though epics are generally bad in Arena.

The first and every 5 after that will always be a rare(at the 5, 10,15,20,25,30 picks)

Tagyhag

Yeah a guaranteed legendary for me would be nice. You could still get more but 1 minimum.

I haven't gotten one in the past 20 or so arenas.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Decided to craft some golden "staple" (or what I think will be staple) cards with some of that dust (x2 Keeper of Uldaman, Chow, Creeper and Sludge Belcher. x1 of Justicar and BGH).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it, continuing the spree. I love Naxx. (x2 Mad Scientist, Muster and Shilded Minibot, 1x Ironbeak)

ViviOggi

I was gonna say "good stuff" then I realized it's all Paladin trash

Yeah I'd mucn rather have a guaranteed high tier common than an epic pick

ZealousD

I decided I really liked this idea. Rogue pushes the combo theme too heavily right now. It just needs solid minions to play on curve but still fit the sneaky-theme of the class.

f1EEjav.png

Pooya

Yoshi, craft golden Death's Bite, that's one card that's always going to be staple, no better weapon will be coming ever. If your hero is golden and your weapon isn't it looks awful. Other cards don't matter nearly as much.

Yoshichan

Yoshi, craft golden Death's Bite, that's one card that's always going to be staple, no better weapon will be coming ever. If your hero is golden and your weapon isn't it looks awful. Other cards don't matter nearly as much.
But I will never play warrior :( Warriors and rogues just ain't my thing

ViviOggi

I decided I really liked this idea. Rogue pushes the combo theme too heavily right now. It just needs solid minions to play on curve but still fit the sneaky-theme of the class.

f1EEjav.png
It's pretty cool but Blizz doesn't like people messing with their opponent's deck. See Beneath the Grounds and especially Iron Juggernaut, the latter wouldn't even be good if it denied the card. And that's just one draw you likely won't even reach, while your card lets you put garbage right on top of their deck with an actually playable body.

The only exception is that new Priest board clear which is a) a redundant card by itself and b) a potential upside for the other player.

Bonus: If you want to have a good laugh compare Juggernaut to MC

ZealousD

Cool card but Blizzard doesn't like cards like these.

I know Blizzard has said they don't like effects that "steal" cards from decks but this isn't really the same thing. Even then I don't think an effect like this is any more unfun on the receiving end then something like Kezan or MCT that actually does steal a card in play.

Plus you can't really compare this to something like Beneath the Grounds or Iron Juggernaut that completely denies the draw. Your opponent still gets a card it'll just be a below average card. Heck if the choices are good enough it might not even be much of a drawback at all, which is why I statted it like a 4/5. It's not as disruptive as you might think.

I know Blizzard has said they don't like effects that "steal" cards from decks but this isn't really the same thing. Even then I don't think an effect like this is any more unfun on the receiving end then something like Kezan or MCT that actually does steal a card in play.

Plus you can't really compare this to something like Beneath the Grounds or Iron Juggernaut that completely denies the draw. Your opponent still gets a card it'll just be a below average card. Heck if the choices are good enough it might not even be much of a drawback at all, which is why I statted it like a 4/5. It's not as disruptive as you might think.

BTG and IJ don't deny draws though as both say "Draw a card." after their effect takes place.

ZealousD

BTG and IJ don't deny draws though as both say "Draw a card." after their effect takes place.

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't saying they were. Vivi pointed to BTH and IJ as a means to show that Blizzard doesn't want to deny draws since those cards will cycle once reached. I was saying that IF those cards denied draws, that they couldn't be compared to Forsaken Spy. Forsaken Spy still gives a draw, it's just not a great one.

Dragner

Theres a lot of crap in HS, in a best of 3 there is going to be something really bad 99%. The average minion is horrible.

Top Bottom