• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Theres a lot of crap in HS, in a best of 3 there is going to be something really bad 99%. The average minion is horrible.

This is a tremendous overstatement. Just because a card is not played in constructed does not mean it is a horrible card. It's not like you're going to be giving them Dalaran Mages or Mogor's Champion 99% of the time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I think that's a really cool card idea. Especially in a scenario where you have a strong legendary and solid minions and have to choose what they actually get.

Blizz doesn't like cards that mess with decks, but Excavated Evil is the first card that actually interacts with the opponent's deck to actually 'deny' a draw, so maybe they're warming to something like that.

Yeah, I think that's a really cool card idea. Especially in a scenario where you have a strong legendary and solid minions and have to choose what they actually get.

Blizz doesn't like cards that mess with decks, but Excavated Evil is the first card that actually interacts with the opponent's deck to actually 'deny' a draw, so maybe they're warming to something like that.

I think what they don't like is discarding cards from your opponents deck directly. Adding to it so far is okay.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So is there a way to recover from the Rogue Unearthed Raptor disconnect? I have lost 3 games tonight from rogue players freezing my game either intentionally or unintentionally. That card is seriously unfair as long as it can disconnect other players.

ZealousD

I think what they don't like is discarding cards from your opponents deck directly. Adding to it so far is okay.

Yeah I originally started in the direction of thinking of some sort of pickpocket idea that steals a card from the deck or even "discovers" a copy of a card from your opponent's deck. But discarding enabled more fatigue bullshit and discovering from your opponent's deck felt a little too much like convert.

Welp got stuck at rank 8 on my mid range paladin (missing a few key cards), so i scum it up and just Secret Paladin to rank 5.

#Kappa
#NoShame
#NeedGoldenEpic

So is there a way to recover from the Rogue Unearthed Raptor disconnect? I have lost 3 games tonight from rogue players freezing my game either intentionally or unintentionally. That card is seriously unfair as long as it can disconnect other players.

I just log out and log back in right away. I don't even wait. If I see that card I'm exiting my client and reopening. Happen to me on desktop version and mobile so at this point if I see that card = auto-relog.

Dragner

But theres an explanation about how that happens? I play against raptors a lot and never had a single problem.

Dahbomb

You have to restart the client.

YdjT6Qn.png

sure why not

Levi

Banned
Had 4000 dust saved up and a bunch of useless gold rares and epics to disenchant, and I had two mage quests. So, uh, this happened:

6LtM9Cs.png

I opened a LOT of GvG packs so I had about half of these cards in gold already, and also happened to have pulled a gold Antondias. Clockwork Knight is in the deck because I ran out of dust before I could craft a second Fel Reaver, and I already had him in gold so figured I'd try it out. I'm liking the card so far, I almost always have a mech on board and the extra point of damage has come in handy.

Fishlake

Lost a lot of rank today so i decided to experiment with a battle cry death rattle rogue. I lost the first game and thought it was not aggro enough so I added in some different cards. I remade all the progress I lost and got back up to rank 9.

The secret weapon is a Drakonid Crusher. I had one warlock use Reno against it only to lose the 23 hp he gained to it in the next 2 turns and the 3rd to win. Another was forced to trade his kel-thuzad into it because the rest of his board combined could not kill it.

My deck is aggro enough that most removal is used before turn 6 as well so that works to well. I also have boom backing him up.

I would post my deck but I'm not sure how you guys are doing it so nicely.

Lost a lot of rank today so i decided to experiment with a battle cry death rattle rogue. I lost the first game and thought it was not aggro enough so I added in some different cards. I remade all the progress I lost and got back up to rank 9.

The secret weapon is a Drakonid Crusher. I had one warlock use Reno against it only to lose the 23 hp he gained to it in the next 2 turns and the 3rd to win. Another was forced to trade his kel-thuzad into it because the rest of his board combined could not kill it.

My deck is aggro enough that most removal is used before turn 6 as well so that works to well. I also have boom backing him up.

I would post my deck but I'm not sure how you guys are doing it so nicely.

Go to your collection, prt screen>Open paint, then just cut paste the bar with the deck(if your deck is big, you might have to take multiple pics and cut it up)

scoot3r

So got my first hater lol. Figured I'd play Kripp mill Druid on stream and dude added me after the fight it was hilarious. He was pissed! Kept calling me a faggot and telling me I was exploiting the game. I thought you guys were missing when you said people did this! Hilarious!

Dahbomb

When it happened to me earlier, I closed the app and immediately reopened it. I got back into the game and still couldn't do anything. This shit is inexcusable.
Well shit is ass, it is what it is. I honestly should've taken the deck to Legend but after a certain time the scumbaggery was getting to me. Rank 5 was enough for me.

Well shit is ass, it is what it is. I honestly should've taken the deck to Legend but after a certain time the scumbaggery was getting to me. Rank 5 was enough for me.

Feel the same way when I win on secrets. It's like Oh turn 6,7,8 welp sorry buddy. But by also playing secret I realize so many people suck at it so when i play against it, well it is rather easy. So many people can't sequence for shit when popping the Christmas tree.

Out of all the decks that I play Druid is the most infuriating. So many times have them at 14 but no combo. Or have combo but that's it and can't play shit ever. Or you know when you have nothing but wild growth and innervate in your hand vs aggro and no minions... Oddly enough Oil Rouge, Patron Warrior, and Midrange Paladin are my 3 most enjoyable meta decks I'm playing right now.

Dragner

I have finished my study:

5 times needing a 3-4 to kill a minion with Imp-losion, 4 times rolling a 2. I suck at RNG.

But if I only need a 2 and dont have room for minions so whateve...roll a 4 every single time.

Pooya

I've been getting strictly 40g quests for a week even with rerolls. Now today I reroll I get a 60g quest finally!!!

"Win 5 Tavern Brawls"

vadernoooooooooo

KuroNeeko

Do you all recommend sticking with a single class, or even a deck, if you're trying to improve?

Like I feel like I keep switching around between Priest,Rogue, Shaman, and Mage. I've never made it past rank 13 or so despite running decent decks. I mean, I like playing steal-your-shpoop Priest and Rogue (though I just tried Oil and it was hard as crap.)

I'm seriously just considering saying, "OK, this month is Priest month" and play nothing else except for what's needed for quests.

Also, almost ready to craft my second Legend. Sylvanas, Ysera, Trueheart, or Vol'jin (or something else?) I've got the good Doctor already.

gutshot

Do you all recommend sticking with a single class, or even a deck, if you're trying to improve?

Like I feel like I keep switching around between Priest,Rogue, Shaman, and Mage. I've never made it past rank 13 or so despite running decent decks. I mean, I like playing steal-your-shpoop Priest and Rogue (though I just tried Oil and it was hard as crap.)

I'm seriously just considering saying, "OK, this month is Priest month" and play nothing else except for what's needed for quests.

Also, almost ready to craft my second Legend. Sylvanas, Ysera, Trueheart, or Vol'jin (or something else?) I've got the good Doctor already.

Sylvanas, for sure. Fits in the most decks and will always be relevant in the meta.

So many paladins on ladder. Secret, then Reno. And then suddenly a much improved mill druid (who I probably would've had, had the deathlords not procced Boom and Justicar - literally the only battlecries in the deck that matter.)

Slyvanas fit midrange decks and control decks pretty well. Basically every single one hell people even run it in faster decks.

Ysera if you're gonna play like priest or control warrior.

Trueheart if you're gonna play midrange paladin or control warrior.

I would say focus on one meta deck though.

I personally play exclusively paladin, mage and patron warrior on my main account because i don't have dust for anything else. But i do have other f2p accounts where i have budgeted combo druid, oil rouge and handlock which I've been able to get to 10 even though missing legendaries.

But if you have enough to get a full net deck then just keep playing it and eventually you will learn the in and outs of it enough to be comfortable to climb no matter what you face. Even in bad match ups this game comes down to how you play around RNG. There will always be unwinnable games.

I think it was on reynald stream that i heard him say pros win like 60% of their games.

Climbing is more of how many games you put into it. You're probably shooting for like a 51-55% win rate.

Owzers

is it worth playing a warlock zoo-type if you don't have imp gang boss? I just crafted one implosion to help my zoo deck, but i don't want to buy the whole blackrock mountain expansion just yet especially since i'm eyeing LoE.

Pooya

is it worth playing a warlock zoo-type if you don't have imp gang boss? I just crafted one implosion to help my zoo deck, but i don't want to buy the whole blackrock mountain expansion just yet especially since i'm eyeing LoE.

Imp gang boss is the reason to play zoo. pre BRM zoo is just too weak now, just loses to any kind of paladin. I wouldn't bother playing it, it's like playing warrior without death's bite or hunter without mad scientist.

I'd say BRM overall is more necessary than LoE. LoE is better if you want to play shaman or rogue, maybe keeper for paladin. I mean there are good cards there but it's not like without those your deck won't be functional. There is nothing on the same level of flamewaker or imp gang boss in there. Keeper is great but you can play any paladin deck without it just fine.

ZealousD

You can put Harvest Golem in there and it'll fill kind of the same role. Not quite as good but it's still a pretty good 3 drop.

Dragner

Imp Gang boss is one of the best 3 drops in the game, you can play any deck without any card, but it will be a lot weaker, more with such key cards missing.

Bizazedo

Just played Duelyst since I saw Dog playing it last night after streaming Hearthstone.

Pretty damned cool. No way it gets big, though, imo. Harder than Hearthstone. They need to work on their "pack" opening, though, got a Legendary in my first one and didn't even realize it.

ZealousD

Pretty damned cool. No way it gets big, though, imo. Harder than Hearthstone. They need to work on their "pack" opening, though, got a Legendary in my first one and didn't even realize it.

This is the kind of thing Blizzard is really good at. They always get all the details in the interface, the right amount of physicality, etc. I try to watch people play Magic online and I haven't the damndest idea what is going on. With Hearthstone it is really easy to pickup and understand how everything works.

This is the kind of thing Blizzard is really good at. They always get all the details in the interface, the right amount of physicality, etc. I try to watch people play Magic online and I haven't the damndest idea what is going on. With Hearthstone it is really easy to pickup and understand how everything works.

Magic really works better in the paper format. MTGO is an abomination that's mostly a result of it being around for so damned long. I think I had a CD with it dating back to like 2003 or 2004 at least.

Kornflayx

I think what really helps Hearthstone is that there can be no response from your opponent on your turn. Waiting for your opponent to react to every card you play is not really fun when your sitting in front of your computer without real interaction. Playing with someone in person is a whole different experience.

greepoman

Are we to the point where heals are a little ridiculous just in regard to the Warlock hero power? It's already the only hero power that gets better every time they release cards, but watching some of these decks you basically win cause you outdraw your opponent without any downside especially because lock already has so many high value minions, spells, and board clears. And then you just jaraxus before fatigue becomes an issue.

I mean it's still not as broken as Dr. 6 but still if they keep adding heals it's just gonna get worse and worse. The nerf I came up with would be that the lock hero power "does 2 damage and reduces the locks max health by 2". Still not a huge downside imo but does add up if you're tapping nearly every turn. What do you guys think?

Are we to the point where heals are a little ridiculous just in regard to the Warlock hero power? It's already the only hero power that gets better every time they release cards, but watching some of these decks you basically win cause you outdraw your opponent without any downside especially because lock already has so many high value minions, spells, and board clears. And then you just jaraxus before fatigue becomes an issue.

I mean it's still not as broken as Dr. 6 but still if they keep adding heals it's just gonna get worse and worse. The nerf I came up with would be that the lock hero power "does 2 damage and reduces the locks max health by 2". Still not a huge downside imo but does add up if you're tapping nearly every turn. What do you guys think?

That lock power would be pretty bad, and it's a huge downside ._.;

Dahbomb

Yes let's nerf one of the few viable control decks in the game. It also might make Molten Giants unplayable later in the game because it works off of your max HP.

Heals affect more than just Handlock. Freeze Mage benefits from heals as well.

There's only so many cards you can fit into Handlock as it is. If they get more heals then that means less big bodies or removals. Plus you can still easily close the game against Handlock by turn 6. Handlock was on the brink of extinction with all the aggressive/tempo decks but Reno put new life into it.

Tl:dr It's not an issue yet, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How come every shamans hand is always two hex, two lightning storms, two crackles/lightning bolts and always get totem golems with the tuskar?

I swear, if I was playing next to these lucky fucks, I would throw my fist at their mouth at such rapid speed, Flash would be jealous of it.

squidyj

How come every shamans hand is always two hex, two lightning storms, two crackles/lightning bolts and always get totem golems with the tuskar?

I swear, if I was playing next to these lucky fucks, I would throw my fist at their mouth at such rapid speed, Flash would be jealous of it.

I can guarantee you that my shaman hands don't have hex or lightning storm in them ;)

Dragner

The balance among minions in the 1-4 mana range is so pathetic. Like, nothing short of a complete rebalance would save it.

They need formats to fix the mess. Magic was a balancing mess in the early years (ancestral recall,black lotus, yay!) and formats fix that, let people play with all the cards in an eternal format and make competitive tournaments in a rotating format so we dont see goddamit knife juggler or piloted shredder until we die of boredom.

Dahbomb

The balance among minions in the 1-4 mana range is so pathetic. Like, nothing short of a complete rebalance would save it.
Pretty much. Many of them are over powered as fuck and outside of that only Dr 6 and Dr 7 are OP in the late game. Emperor is on the cusp too but Emperor is too slow to be run for quite some decks which just highlights the problem.

I feel like I have been fighting against Mana Wyrms, Shredders, Imp Gang, Mad Scientist, Darnassus, Minibot, Knife Jugglers, Haunted Creepers, Dark Cultists, Clerics, Flame Imps, Void Walkers all my life.

Now they introduced double raptors to fill that 3 slot plus that 1 drop Shaman card.

What gets me is that there are only three taunt Legendaries, Hogger, Chillmaw and Tirion. Very few huge taunts for the rest of the classes.

ZealousD

Hearthstone is basically completely oversaturated with 2 drops. Compared to other mana slots, the 2-slot has been consistently overpowered and numerous to the point that no class can compete in Hearthstone anymore unless it has some kind of incredibly strong card to put in that slot.

Hearthstone really needs stronger midrange cards that aren't dumb and sticky like shredder. We need 4+ mana class cards that have the ideal number of stats for their cost plus beneficial abilities. Really only 3 cards have even come close to fitting that mold. Savage Combatant, Goblins Blastmage, and Twilight Guardian. Two of which are limited to very specific decks.

Top Bottom