• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Rank 10 is probably the best I'll do this season. Too many secret pallies and I'm still not sure how to deal with them as mid-range hunter.

Szadek

Rank 10 is probably the best I'll do this season. Too many secret pallies and I'm still not sure how to deal with them as mid-range hunter.
Pretty sure that mid-range hunter is very good against secret paladin.
In the worst case you could also add flare to your deck.

Pretty sure that mid-range hunter is very good against secret paladin.
In the worst case you could also add flare to your deck.

I have a Kezan Mystic and a Flare in my deck because everyone I play against is either a mage (most likely freeze) or a paladin.

I think a lot of the time I get stuck with dead opening hands and the paladin gets coin > minibot > juggler > muster. Really annoying.

jgminto

I've had a lot of Mid Pally Mirror Matches recently and it seems like if you don't get out Justicar early or at least very soon after the other player you will just lose the game. And of course, I didn't draw mine in any of those games.

I have a Kezan Mystic and a Flare in my deck because everyone I play against is either a mage (most likely freeze) or a paladin.

I think a lot of the time I get stuck with dead opening hands and the paladin gets coin > minibot > juggler > muster. Really annoying.

thats why I like the 7 secret variation. Hand is usually never terrible

Tarazet

Just saw a Paladin use muster for battle when he had a Ashbringer with full durability

never saw anyone lose a game from a mistake so hard

I was playing Patron vs. a Control warrior.. with the Magni hero and a full boat awesome wallet deck with mostly golden cards. He used his 2 durability Death's Bite to hit my undamaged Grom instead of going to my face. Cost him the game very easily.

JohnCYQ

I was playing Patron vs. a Control warrior.. with the Magni hero and a full boat awesome wallet deck with mostly golden cards. He used his 2 durability Death's Bite to hit my undamaged Grom instead of going to my face. Cost him the game very easily.
He was going for grom's face.

Kappa

he was going to hit grom so hard his son would feel it

Moonlight

Banned
Been on a ridiculous losing streak with Mech Mage today. Went from being about to hit rank 8 to the middle of rank 10. Kind of annoying. Zoolock keeps running me over. -_-

Finalow

well met

coin minibot > juggler > muster > truesilver > shredder > DR. 6 > DR. 7 > DR. 8

well met

gutshot

I think I may have played the same warrior. He even had the legend card back yet was making tons of stupid misplays. Dude probably bought his account off of one of those shady sites.

Or he just hit legend with Secret Pally.

Holy shit an Unstable Portal Galywix just saved me from a Rush Zoo Hunter.

I was at 3 HP, but I had copied his explosive trap, so when he uses his arcane golem it blows up in his face. So damn good.

Unstable Portal is an incredibly fun card.

Finalow

somehow I managed to hit rank 8 with aggro paladin aka eboladin, with murloc knight added in the mix. I think it's still a decent deck but probably can't reach rank 5 with it. still, making people concede at turn 5 or 6 is pretty fun.

wish I had the cards and/or the dust to actually run a secret paladin~

Owzers

I got to rank 5 with a face hunter then decided to practice secret paladin. The losing doesn't end. Even if i switch back and forth between two of those one drops vs two secret keepers regular net deck i keep getting bad draws, play secrets early with mediocre minions out, and lose. Raptor rogue destroyed me, they play out lots of minions and use hero power/spells to get rid of my stuff easily, then i'm knee deep in nebula eggs, shredders, raptors, argus.

Mulgrok

I hit rank 4 for the first time this season. Since I keep improving each season, perhaps I will hit legend next!

Improving, as in getting the OP cards that are totally not pay-2-win.

On a side note: I tried out Planetside 2, but realised after dying a bunch that you can buy weapons that deal 2x default gun damage and are more accurate... totally not a pay-2-win scheme. Guess I won't be doing that game.

I got to rank 5 with a face hunter then decided to practice secret paladin. The losing doesn't end. Even if i switch back and forth between two of those one drops vs two secret keepers regular net deck i keep getting bad draws, play secrets early with mediocre minions out, and lose. Raptor rogue destroyed me, they play out lots of minions and use hero power/spells to get rid of my stuff easily, then i'm knee deep in nebula eggs, shredders, raptors, argus.

Try midrange secret paladin. I started this game with eboladin and i got sick of playing aggro deck so i lately I've been playing slower stuff. The midrangr secret paladin is nice it has the op dr.6,7,8 but it's not cancer.

manhack

I love beating control warriors in a control match up. Made it through double brawl, varian wrynn that pulled kel thuzad and alexstrazsa, chromaggus, dr. boom, and him having every removal on time for all my minions.

I was playing a Reno mage with ethereal conjurer. Duplicated the conjurer to get a 2nd echo of medivh and a 2nd flamestrike along with a 2nd poly from original conjurer. Echoed my reno and echoed my Big Game hunter.

Control meta is fun when you can out control. Discover cards are sick when you can give your deck 33-35 card depending on if you can get a good duplicate and forgotten torch.

Mulgrok

Try midrange secret paladin. I started this game with eboladin and i got sick of playing aggro deck so i lately I've been playing slower stuff. The midrangr secret paladin is nice it has the op dr.6,7,8 but it's not cancer.

I put a single djinni in for dr5. if they don't remove it right away I follow up with my single echoing ooze + kings as an alternate dr 6 :p

Tarazet

He was going for grom's face.

Kappa

I thought that he was going to execute Grom after attacking him, but he didn't. Maybe he got distracted because I had a golden Grom in my deck and he didn't and that's what caused the misplay. (I also have a regular Grom, but can't bring myself to dust such an amazing golden card which has won me so many games.) A couple turns later, he played his own Grom, which I promptly executed.

It's a testament to the Control Warrior deck that he played so loosely and it was still a pretty close, difficult match. He shut down all of my Patron duplicating nonsense right away. I would still be playing Control, but my collection of legendaries is 2 expansions old. Patron lets me get away with only Loatheb and Grommash. Haven't even felt the need to put in my Ragnaros or Alexstrasza.

jgminto

I just started watching Eloise's stream and what the fuck just happened...? I think she said Amaz is gay and she doesn't like gay people???

Pooya

so if you play prep before playing summoning stone, then play a 4 mana sprint it summons a 7 mana creature. It's bugged like in the brawl. uh

NBtoaster

Got my rank 5 with secret Paladin, was tired of losing with fun decks at rank 11.

Took out Truesilver and 1 Kings for 2x Keeper of Uldaman, that card is crazy good. It always has a use when you draw it, whether its just to buff a dude, neuter a huge minion or make something mid sized more manageable.

Miletius

I got rank 5 with control priest/dragon priest earlier this week. It is possible to do it with less popular decks. It helps that at lower ranks a lot of people are playing aggro and secret paladin. i find dragon priest pretty consistent at beating secret paladin as long as you tech in a lot of AoE ( I had a pyro in as a tech card). Same with control priest.

Time to fool around with raptor rogue. I don't plan on going past 5. I'm in LA until Sunday and then I've got a lot of stuff coming up next week.

Raytow

Orange full cancer decks EleGiggle, the new secretdin with keeper of uldaman and equality is fucking filthy like wtf, you even own late game with that shit.

Duster

I was playing beast hunter and was against a secret paladin, he plays Dr 6 on turn 6, I respond with flare so am feeling pretty smug. He plays MC again on turn 7 and three more secrets pop out. Dammit! Fucking secret paladins just find new ways to be annoying.

Beast Hunter is a lot of fun when it works, I even beat a control warrior with massive amounts of armour and healing, largely because Brann let me play four boom bots and I got a King Krush from a discover card. It's not so good when you get angry chickens.

daemissary

I got rank 5 with control priest/dragon priest earlier this week. It is possible to do it with less popular decks. It helps that at lower ranks a lot of people are playing aggro and secret paladin. i find dragon priest pretty consistent at beating secret paladin as long as you tech in a lot of AoE ( I had a pyro in as a tech card). Same with control priest.

Time to fool around with raptor rogue. I don't plan on going past 5. I'm in LA until Sunday and then I've got a lot of stuff coming up next week.

Raptor Rogue is insane. Just went from 2 star rank 2 to legend with an 8 game winning streak. So much burst and so many sticky minions.

Owzers

Raptor Rogue is insane. Just went from 2 star rank 2 to legend with an 8 game winning streak. So much burst and so many sticky minions.

i like that the deck is fairly affordable as long as you have Naxx. I faced one with a Dark Iron guy from Blackrock ( which i don't have) that wrecked havoc on my poor silver knight paladin guys. I might try one eventually.

Pooya

dreamhack is all about secret paladin mirror, now that the deck is refined almost everyone brings it, whoever plays MC first wins. If this is competitive HS for next year then lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haven't played much this season due to other games releasing, but I just fought an aggro paladin with double zombie chow at rank 10.

why

dreamhack is all about secret paladin mirror, now that the deck is refined almost everyone brings it, whoever plays MC first wins. If this is competitive HS for next year then lol.

It's because it's Last Hero Standing. If it was Conquest it wouldn't be so stupid.

ViviOggi

Haven't played much this season due to other games releasing, but I just fought an aggro paladin with double zombie chow at rank 10.

why
Because Utherstone is all about the curve and Chow is the best 1-drop in the game

If you've lost the board and start topdicking anything that isn't a doctor or Divine Favor (a card that shouldn't exist) as Eboladin you've lost the game anyway, doesn't matter if you draw Chow or a random secret

Tarazet

Few things are more frustrating than trying to play a F2P minion-based deck (like Paladin) at low ranks. So many good, cheap control cards that you forget exist when playing in the modern meta.

Hycran

Banned
I just started watching Eloise's stream and what the fuck just happened...? I think she said Amaz is gay and she doesn't like gay people???

Considering how much she hangs out with Frodank (KappaPride) I'm immediately skeptical that she hates gay people. That being said, gay acceptance in China is very strange and not at all analagous to North America. People who are homophobic tend not to be out about their opinion, nor do people who are gay rights supporters tend to be out about their opinion. Everyone prefers to just ignore it rather than deal with it in any meaningful way. If there's anything to it though i'm sure we'll hear more about it shortly.

Dahbomb

THE BRANN PLUS DR BALANCED DREAM!!!!!

On Dreamhack.

In other news got to rank 5 with Raptor Rogue with like an 80% win rate. It was completely nuts but what's more nuts is the amount of games I won due to disconnects. It's the best deck in the game right now because of that Raptor bug.

If I played this game a lot more I could easily take this to legend. I played very little HS this month due to other stuff (plus Bloodborne DLC).

Levi

Banned
Blizzard, please stop giving me Shaman quests if you are not going to give Shaman any decent cards.

I have TWO of the 60 gold Shaman quests I'm going to have to reroll.

Blizzard, please stop giving me Shaman quests if you are not going to give Shaman any decent cards.

I have TWO of the 60 gold Shaman quests I'm going to have to reroll.

Play Reynad's cancer deck.

If nothing else you'll luck into enough turn 5/6 lethals to complete the quest.

Top Bottom