• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dre

Pretty much. Many of them are over powered as fuck and outside of that only Dr 6 and Dr 7 are OP in the late game. Emperor is on the cusp too but Emperor is too slow to be run for quite some decks which just highlights the problem.

I feel like I have been fighting against Mana Wyrms, Shredders, Imp Gang, Mad Scientist, Darnassus, Minibot, Knife Jugglers, Haunted Creepers, Dark Cultists, Clerics, Flame Imps, Void Walkers all my life.

Now they introduced double raptors to fill that 3 slot plus that 1 drop Shaman card.

What gets me is that there are only three taunt Legendaries, Hogger, Chillmaw and Tirion. Very few huge taunts for the rest of the classes.

And Al'Akir. But yeah who plays Shaman lol.

Dahbomb

Hearthstone is basically completely oversaturated with 2 drops. Compared to other mana slots, the 2-slot has been consistently overpowered and numerous to the point that no class can compete in Hearthstone anymore unless it has some kind of incredibly strong card to put in that slot.

Hearthstone really needs stronger midrange cards that aren't dumb and sticky like shredder. We need 4+ mana class cards that have the ideal number of stats for their cost plus beneficial abilities. Really only 3 cards have even come close to fitting that mold. Savage Combatant, Goblins Blastmage, and Twilight Guardian. Two of which are limited to very specific decks.
Well Holy Champion and Auchenai too but yeah the midrange slot is anemic as fuck right now.

5 drops are also pretty lacking. Feels like we've been seeing Healbot, Azure Drake, Loatheb and Belchers for so long now. At least the 4 drop slot has an excuse, those cards have to compete against Shredder... what do the 5 drops really compete with? Most of them aren't even that interesting.

6 drops are just as bad if not worse but thing is that at the 6 drop you start getting into extremely strong tier cards or they wouldn't see play. Stuff like Emperor, Sylvanas, Reno Jackson and Dr 6. Basically this is where people start putting in Legendaries in their decks and the only way to be competitive is if your card is on par with a Legendary (like Highmane and Sky Golem are to Cairne).

Hearthstone is basically completely oversaturated with 2 drops. Compared to other mana slots, the 2-slot has been consistently overpowered and numerous to the point that no class can compete in Hearthstone anymore unless it has some kind of incredibly strong card to put in that slot.

Hearthstone really needs stronger midrange cards that aren't dumb and sticky like shredder. We need 4+ mana class cards that have the ideal number of stats for their cost plus beneficial abilities. Really only 3 cards have even come close to fitting that mold. Savage Combatant, Goblins Blastmage, and Twilight Guardian. Two of which are limited to very specific decks.

And violet teacher, refreshment vendor, maybe tomb pillager, water elemental, auchenai soul priest, and there are others with 8-9 stats + beneficial abilities. You should try running some of them. They are very strong, even played over shredder in the right decks.

So what's in the chest at the end of the season anyways? Gold? Glory? Doctor Balanced?

ztdyfaL.png

Levi

Banned
12-3 with Mech Mage so far... had a secret Paladin add me after the game to tell me I'm playing a deck that doesn't take any skill. I told him if he can't get wins with Secret Paladin he should just uninstall the game and he defriended me without response.

Got an enhance-o-mechano off of an unstable portal and decided to play into brawl to maximize it's effect... Was I punished? See for yourself:

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So Auchenai + Bolf + Tree a Life is a wombo combo you can do in this brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1uGLSvwsVk

Well Holy Champion and Auchenai too but yeah the midrange slot is anemic as fuck right now.

And violet teacher, refreshment vendor, maybe tomb pillager, water elemental, auchenai soul priest, and there are others with 8-9 stats + beneficial abilities. You should try running some of them. They are very strong, even played over shredder in the right decks.

I say "ideal" number of stats. So for a 4 drop, that would be 9 stats. We're talking 4/5, 5/4, 3/6, etc.

So Holy Champion, Auchenai, Violet Teacher, and Refreshment Vendor don't qualify.

Water Elemental is a card but I meant more like "new" cards in the game.

Tomb Pillager might quality but we've yet to see that card in action.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I'm at ranked 10

should I stop playing ranked? Will it go down if I lose a rank?

Keep going to 5 if you want to. It saves your "best" progress so it doesn't matter if you reach 10 and then drop to 20, you'll still get the 10 reward.

Keep going to 5 if you want to. It saves your "best" progress so it doesn't matter if you reach 10 and then drop to 20, you'll still get the 10 reward.

Nope. Check your player status screen and the chest will be for the highest rank you achieved this season.

No you get the reward for the highest you reach. So even if you get legend then concede 10000 times in a row you still get legend rewards.

You should push for 5 just for golden epic aka 400 dust!

Good stuff

I just bought an arena in panic

....so uh, does buying an arena pass with money give you better cards? I got a legendary+Ton of rares+ton of epics from it compared to a gold pass ._.

I say "ideal" number of stats. So for a 4 drop, that would be 9 stats. We're talking 4/5, 5/4, 3/6, etc.

So Holy Champion, Auchenai, Violet Teacher, and Refreshment Vendor don't qualify.

Water Elemental is a card but I meant more like "new" cards in the game.

Tomb Pillager might quality but we've yet to see that card in action.

These 8 mana cards in many ways have upsides that more than make up for missing 1 attack. Violet teacher is often going to net me 12 stats (or more and often on curve), for example, in oil rogue. And usually the health is much more important than the attack.

It also probably has a stronger taunt than actual taunt does, in practice due to how strong the text is and how motivated my opponent is to take it out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good stuff

I just bought an arena in panic

....so uh, does buying an arena pass with money give you better cards? I got a legendary+Ton of rares+ton of epics from it compared to a gold pass ._.

Nope, doesn't change the variables. You were just lucky, congratulations!

ZealousD

These 8 mana cards in many ways have upsides that more than make up for missing 1 attack. Violet teacher is often going to net me 12 stats, for example, in oil rogue.

Maybe not if you are dropping it on Turn 4.

Violet Teacher is basically like a weaker flamewaker for its cost when you really think about it. That's kind of the point I'm expressing, too. When you look at the power of cards relative to their mana cost, the 1-3 slots are the strongest in the game.

Maybe not if you are dropping it on Turn 4.

Violet Teacher is basically like a weaker flamewaker for its cost when you really think about it. That's kind of the point I'm expressing, too. When you look at the power of cards relative to their mana cost, the 1-3 slots are the strongest in the game.

Flamewaker is also a card that sacrifices stats for text. And like VT, for it to really make an impact on turn 3 you need specific cards. For Flamewaker you need 1 mana spells and coin or apprentice to stick and 1 mana spells. With VT you need prep and a spell worth using. But it is very often worth doing. VT with prep + sap on turn 4 can create such huge tempo swings, especially because a lot of 4 mana cards are good at being sapped, like shredder. The other thing you can combo on turn 4 is something like coin and deadly poison or prep + eviscerate.

Dahbomb

Hunter is now the weakest class in the game with no deck in tier 2.

That's fucking hilarious. I don't remember this happening in a long ass time, probably that time right before Undertaker/Mad Scientist where UTH/Buzzard were getting changed around a lot.

Yoshichan

Hunter is now the weakest class in the game with no deck in tier 2.

That's fucking hilarious. I don't remember this happening in a long ass time, probably that time right before Undertaker/Mad Scientist where UTH/Buzzard were getting changed around a lot.
welp, looks like you're right. time to buff animal companion, buzzard and eaglehorn then.

Oh and redesign UTH again imo

Jrmint

Has any card been redesigned as much as UTH? I think it honestly feels fair at this point. It usually only trades 1 for 1 for the opponent's tokens.

Haunted

oy vey, the new brawl kinda... exposed Trump? :lol

I knew he was one of the slower thinking players, but that performance was just appallingly bad for someone who spends so much time playing the game. The complexity does ramp up quicker, but roping on turns 4 and 5 is unacceptable for a player on that level.

Majine

Banned
Trump/Amaz bet:

If Curse of Rafaam sees play in a match in a tournament that grants Blizzcon points (from now until Blizzcon 2016) and the deck wins a game, Trump loses and Amaz wins. Trump will have to subscribe to Amaz for 6 months. And vice versa.

Pooya

no way midrange paly is better than secret paly. Midrange paly games just drag and drag and drag, it's too weak to freeze mage and any burst deck like shaman because of it, you just give them too much time to kill you. Secret paly? one bad turn and you're dead.

Put Brann Bronzebeard on the board, then dropped a Void Terror inbetween 2 Piloted Shredder's. I thought it would munch the Shredder then the minion that came out, but it just munches the shredder twice.

WvTmqu6.jpg

Still lost, though. I can't do the dailies with classes I have weak decks for.

Warlock is one of the easier classes to make good decks for. You can make a reasonably competitive zoo deck for cheap.

Yeah, I was just looking at that Zoolock deck on TempoStorm and was surprised that I had a few of the cards.

Looks like I might start to get out of my 1 deck comfort zone and start playing other classes.

Dahbomb

Has any card been redesigned as much as UTH? I think it honestly feels fair at this point. It usually only trades 1 for 1 for the opponent's tokens.
Warsong Commander is also one of the most changed cards.

Went from give all your minions charge at 2/2 stats, to having 2/3 stats to giving charge to 3 or less attack to the current change.

Cipherr

I played a match yesterday where a Mage had 3 iceblocks or whatever that prevent death. So Im guessing they allow that secret to be 'discovered' by one of the cards then right? Shit is ridiculous. Dude got a block up on turn 3 from a scientist so was immune to death 99% of that fucking match because of that.

I played a match yesterday where a Mage had 3 iceblocks or whatever that prevent death. So Im guessing they allow that secret to be 'discovered' by one of the cards then right? Shit is ridiculous. Dude got a block up on turn 3 from a scientist so was immune to death 99% of that fucking match because of that.

LOL Kezan! If I play an freeze mage I'm saving that shit just for lethal. Because you know they will be spamming emotes knowing they have Ice block.

Mulgrok

I love when freeze mage insta-concedes after I flare away their traps.

Dahbomb

Let's not act like the meta snapshot is gospel.
It doesn't matter if I think it's gospel (I don't agree with a few of the choices in there as always).. what matters is that your average player on Ladder past rank 15 does and will follow it.

So if there are two Paladin decks occupying the top 2 slots then you can bet your ass there will be a lot of Paladins online.

Hupsel

Is warlock completely broken if they draw Reno Jackson (and its not that hard)? My Dragon Priest cant do shit :( not enough damage in time and they always have Reno. Such a boring ass card to face, holy fuck.

Dahbomb

Is warlock completely broken if they draw Reno Jackson (and its not that hard)?
No?

You play against Handlock like you always do. You keep them around the teens of health and smartly develop your board/clear his so that you can finish him in one turn. You need to be playing around Shadow Flame and Molten Giant, when you do that you play around Reno as well.

Besides you can't do much against Handlock even with Reno using Priest. Handlock has Jaraxxus which wrecks Priest anyway. Dragon Priest is better against it of course but it's still not a favorable match up to begin with.

Xanathus

Is warlock completely broken if they draw Reno Jackson (and its not that hard)? My Dragon Priest cant do shit :( not enough damage in time and they always have Reno. Such a boring ass card to face, holy fuck.

I've been playing Dragon Priest a lot this season and I feel it is actually a decent matchup vs Renolock as long as you don't play into board clears, don't enable Molten Giant + Shadowflame, and don't get screwed by an early high hp Twilight Drake. Renolock has much less threats compared to regular Handlock which makes it a much easier game.

ZealousD

It doesn't matter if I think it's gospel (I don't agree with a few of the choices in there as always).. what matters is that your average player on Ladder past rank 15 does and will follow it.

So if there are two Paladin decks occupying the top 2 slots then you can bet your ass there will be a lot of Paladins online.

Don't get me wrong. I understand completely that the meta snapshot is the meta itself, essentially. The meta snapshot does more to define the meta than respond to it, really.

But that doesn't mean that any class or deck that ranks lower or higher than any other is necessarily a better class or deck. Sure, maybe the fact that aggro shaman is higher in the meta snapshot than any hunter deck means we'll probably see more aggro shaman decks on ladder, but that doesn't mean that aggro shaman is better.

So no, I'm not going to buy into the idea that hunter is actually the worst class just because it doesn't have a Tier 2 deck in the snapshot.

Dahbomb

Shaman is still the worst class. I don't really believe that Aggro Shaman will last that long at that high of a spot. Feels like a flavor of the month aggro deck (which the game has had a lot of in the past). That deck runs out of steam super fast and the overloads can screw it up. Right now it seems pretty powerful because everyone is also playing tempo/aggro with limited heals and taunts so Aggro Shaman can shut down games real quick.

Top Bottom